Chapter 26: The Ball with General Washington

*About 2 days later in Philadelphia at General Washington's temporary Mansion that morning*
~Sasha Woodhull's POV~

It's finally the day of the ball that Lydia and General Washington will be hosting tonight from what I've heard from Peggy and General Arnold everything will go rather smoothly for tonight's dinner and ball, well for everyone's sake as well as Lyd...

It's finally the day of the ball that Lydia and General Washington will be hosting tonight from what I've heard from Peggy and General Arnold everything will go rather smoothly for tonight's dinner and ball, well for everyone's sake as well as Lydia's it better go smoothly before things go wrong. So I was in my and Lydia's room brushing the curls in my hair this morning as for Lydia she seemed stressed and I can't imagine why she would have any darn reason to be so stressed it's her first in 5 years of hosting a ball for the people here in Philadelphia and some of the officers and Generals of the Continental Army.
Then after I brushed my hair Lydia came into the room her face was red oh dear she's stressed about something.
~Lydia Strong's POV~

It's finally the day of the ball that I and General Washington will be hosting tonight from what Sasha has  heard from Peggy and General Arnold everything will go rather smoothly for tonight's dinner and ball, well for everyone's sake as well as m...

It's finally the day of the ball that I and General Washington will be hosting tonight from what Sasha has heard from Peggy and General Arnold everything will go rather smoothly for tonight's dinner and ball, well for everyone's sake as well as mine it better go smoothly before things go wrong. So Sasha was in our room brushing the curls in her hair this morning as for me I was so stressed I haven't hosted a ball in 5 years so I can't really imagine why I would have any darn reason to be so stressed it's my first time in 5 years of hosting a ball for the people here in Philadelphia and some of the officers and Generals of the Continental Army.
Then after arranging the flowers around the Mansion George was with a tailor asking about making a dress fit my figure it's a new dress he bought for me yesterday morning, so I went upstairs to see Sasha I was getting stressed out that my face was red.
When I got into the room Sasha stood up and fixed her dress she looks so beautiful then she looked at me and said"Alright what's wrong now Lydia you should be excited to be hosting a ball tonight," then I sighed and explained to her that I can't do it, just then she went up to me and smiled before she said"Lydia I couldn't do it either when I hosted my engagement ball but I did because I had Edmund beside to help me get through it," then I smiled and nodded my head then I said"We should probably go down and see if Peggy or General Arnold needs a hand with anything," so with that we linked arms as we walked out of the room and down the steps.
*Skip to Lydia and General Washington greeting the guests in the lobby area by the door*
Play video: