Beauty and A Beast (ON HOLD)

By Puella_Ignotum

The minute Cassandra Nightingale moved to Mystic Falls was when everything changed. Living in a new town with... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 12

337 19 6
By Puella_Ignotum

I inwardly moaned as I turned round to see Kol, sitting in the bar stool opposite me. I sighed as I folded my arms across my chest. 'I assume you have a reason for being here instead of pestering me,' I said, trying to put on my best fake smile and glare but probably coming across as a child in a tantrum.

Kol smirked as he tilted his head slightly to the right. 'I wanted to give you the pleasure of my company,' he said, raising his brows once.

'The only way I'm going to get any pleasure out of your company is when it goes,' I said, smirking slightly before rolling my eyes, turning round to order the bottles.

'Now, now, love,' he purred, the smirk evident in his voice. I closed my eyes, breathed in deeply before turning round. 'That's not anyway to treat a customer.'

I bit my lip, trying desperately hard not grab the bottle of vervain that was kept under the bar and throw it in his face. 'Well, I don't see any drink beside you so you can't be a customer,' I said, fist pumping in my head. With a smug smile on my face, I turned back round to the collection of liquor, desperately trying to find something to do that would keep me from murdering the Original.

'Perhaps it's the bartender doing a poor job.' At his words, I felt my face burn with anger. Remembering all the times that I had lost my temper and the consequences of it, I closed my eyes as I attempted to control my breathing. I knew Kol was staring at me, enjoying the fact that he was pushing my buttons which caused me to get even more angry.

After an extra few seconds of calming myself down, I turned round to see a smug smile on Kol's face. I swallowed all of the comments I wanted to make before slowly walking up to the bar, looking Kol right in the eyes. 'What can I get you?' I asked, tight lipped.

'There we go. Wasn't so hard, was it love?' We stared at each other for what felt like agonizingly long hours. Finally, Kol broke it, wearing a smug smile as he leant back in his stool. 'Surprise me,' he said, wiggling his brows.

I felt myself shiver as I bent down to pick up a bottle of Bourbon and a small glass, quickly snatching the bottle of vervain before turning round. As I filled the glass with vervain, I felt Kol's eyes on the back of my neck. 'Unless you want your drink to be half alcoholic, half coffee, I suggest you stop staring at me,' I said through gritted teeth, placing the bottle of vervain down before filling the glass with a few drops of Bourbon.

'Am I making you feel uncomfortable, love?' I rolled my eyes as I screwed the top onto the whiskey. Placing the bottle of vervain in my apron pocket, I plastered my fake smile on before turning round and depositing the drink in front of Kol.

'Just a tad. Here's you drink. Now, down it and leave.'

'Can't a man enjoy his drink whilst admiring the view?' he asked; his smirk never faltering. I bit my tongue hard to stop myself from gagging. I gave him a tight smile before picking up the rag that Matt had left and wiping down the bar; ever so often casting glances at Kol to see if he had touched his drink yet it hadn't moved from his spot and neither had his eyes which were fastened onto me.

'What do you want?' I sighed exasperatedly, throwing the rag down on the top of the bar. Kol simply continued to stare at me as though he had never seen another human being before. I rolled my eyes, finally giving up.

I walked out from behind the bar, trying to ignore the feeling of Kol's eyes on my back as I walked towards Caroline and Elena. 'Please tell me you guys don't need refills because I really don't want to go back there!' I whined.

It was at that moment that I realized that Caroline and Elena were staring at something else. Turning round, I saw a blonde girl, who I realized to be Rebekah once she turned round and left, and Matt holding something that resembled the invitation I had received that morning. 'I want to say that's an unlikely couple but that would be a lie,' I muttered, turning back to see Caroline with a look of anger on her face.

'Oh my God, she's inviting him to the ball! Why is she inviting him?' Caroline exclaimed.

'Probably to get this reaction from us,' said Elena.

'Or maybe she actually likes him?' I offered, earning frowns from both girls. 'Well, she is still a girl. Despite being a really old one...So, maybe she does like him.'

Caroline scoffed as she rolled her eyes. 'What time is this stupid dance anyway?'

'Seven,' Elena said, downing the rest of her drink.

'Great. That means we have five hours to find a dress, two hours to get ready.' Caroline stood up with a serious face. 'So? Are you guys coming or not?'

'Actually, Andy and I already have dresses-'

'We'll come!' I said, already taking off my apron and pulling Elena from her chair.

'Andy, aren't you meant to be working now?' Elena asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

'Yeah but this is way more important! Caroline has to look amazing!' I said with a smile. 'And what kind of friends would we be if we didn't help her?'

Elena stared at me for a few seconds, trying to figure out why I was so eager to go aside from the fact that I was a slacker. 'Alright. Car, we'll meet you outside. I'll help Andy get off her shift,' she said, smiling at Caroline as she walked off before turning to me. 'So. Want to explain to me why you're so eager to leave all of a sudden?'

'I just thought it would be a good way to really get to know you guys,' I said with a smile. Even as I was speaking, I knew there was no way Elena would believe me. I sighed as I looked back at the bar to see Kol with his back to us, though I knew he could still hear us despite being halfway across the Grill. 'I really can't be bothered to work today, Elena! Come on, please?' I begged.

Elena continued to stare at me for what felt like years before she smiled. 'That's all you had to say. Go and get your stuff. We'll wait for you outside.'

I gave her a small smile before walking back to the bar with a smug look on my face. 'Well, looks like your pleasurable company was short lived,' I said with a smile as I switched my apron for my bag under the bar. 'We'll have to do this again in like...a million years. Hope you like your drink,' I finished, gesturing to the still untouched glass of vervain and whiskey.

'That's alright, love. I know you'll miss me till tonight but distance makes the heart grow fonder,' he said with a smirk.

'Yeah, if you have one...' I mumbled though inwardly cursing at the reminder that he could hear it. I looked up to see that Kol's smirk had faltered though only a bit.

'Until tonight, my love,' he said as he stood up from his bar stool to turn away but suddenly turned back giving me a serious look. 'For future reference; vampires can smell vervain in drinks,' he said, picking up the glass. I suddenly felt a pang of fear go through me as his eyes bore into mine. 'And another thing...' He tipped the glass back and gave me a cruel smile before slamming the glass back onto the bar with force that could have shattered bone. 'Being an Original vampire means that vervain doesn't work on us unless you have a large amount.'

I watched as he strolled out of the door and into the bright Virginian sun. I looked down at the glass and saw that he had left two hundred dollar bills. At first, I was surprised and slightly happy but then I remembered that it was Kol who had left them which meant that, knowing who he was, he probably left them there for another reason than simply paying me for the drink. That seemed to be the problem with Kol; he was always up to something.

*

'I'm now very thankful that I did not live in the era when these dresses were compulsory!' I moaned as I pulled at the sea blue dress. Yes, it was amazing and I felt like I princess but I also felt like a dying princess, especially with the shoes I was wearing.

'Look, we have a long night ahead of us. There's no point in starting it badly,' sighed Elena as we walked up from Alaric's car to the Mikaelson's house; the sound of the music audible despite being outside.

'Says the girl who disobeyed the Salvatore's when they said that they wanted you nowhere near this house?' I asked with a grin.

Elena sighed. 'They can't control what I do. It might be in their best interests to keep me out of it but I have to meet with Ester. She might not be so bad.'

'This is the mother of Klaus, Elena,' I said, wrapping my black shawl tighter across me. 'That plus the fact that she's the Original witch means that she is worse than bad.'

On reaching the doors, Elena took hold of my hand and gave me a reassuring smile. 'It's going to be okay. You and I can do this,' she said as she pulled me along to the big front doors of the mansion which swung open as we approached them.

The entire foyer was filled with people in tuxes and gowns, laughing and drinking as they admired the grand spiral staircase. As two men in what I assumed was butler uniforms took our shawls, Elena and I looked round the room for anyone we knew. Suddenly, Elena turned to me with a look of horror in her eyes. 'I completely forgot! This was where you were taken to the other day!'

'Really? I hadn't noticed,' I said sarcastically before grabbing a glass from a waiter passing by.

'Sorry,' Elena said sheepishly. 'If this is going to be uncomfortable, then maybe you should head home.'

'I'm dressed now,' I said as I took a large gulp from my drink. 'No point in going back.' I let my eyes glance round the room till they landed on a brooding dark haired man storming towards us. 'Uh oh. Salvatore at twelve o'clock. Not good!'

Elena looked and saw Damon walking towards us. Her eyes widened but, just before he emerged from the sea of people, Elena pushed me away. As I looked back, I saw her arguing with Damon, immediately thanking her in my head for getting me out of the way in time.

I was taking another long sip from my glass when I felt someone close behind me. 'I must say, you look exquisite, Miss Nightingale.'

Hey guys - sorry for the short chapter! The next one will be longer!

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

Much love <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 162 36
Just your average witch. Except I am an outcast. My witch mother bore me to a werewolf father. I am a new orleans witch and a cresent moon wolf. A h...
79.7K 1.5K 43
Hope Mikaelson is a 16 year old witch living in New Orleans with her 1000 year old family of original vampires and is trying to stay out of trouble. ...
121K 4.8K 26
This is the second book in the Mikealson Mate Series! It's been a year since the coven has left Mystic falls, now they're at the city gates of New O...
1.1M 42.4K 89
When her mother announced they were moving once again, this time to a small town in Virginia, Emma assumed it was just one more search for a fresh st...