Maneko [Shouto Todoroki x Rea...

By Hooomantrash

🐱 This book is available in Polish (@_bluef0x) and Italian (@kamisamapotter4ever), thanks to these WONDERFUL... More

1. The beggining
(A/N)
2. First class
3. New friends
4. A mysterious girl
5. Watch me
6. A small accident
7. Distraction
8. Unfortunate events
9. Wrong words
10. USJ's attack
11. He isn't that bad
12. Long way to go
13. Special training
14. It's your quirk
15. Cold soba
16. A declaration of war
17. Obstacle race
18. Cavalry battle
19. What about you?
20. My fight
21. Thank you
22. Friends again?
23. Remembrance
24. The end of the sports festival
25. Blooming feelings
26. Baby steps
27. Maneko
(A/N): Changing title
28. Clean freak
29. Date
30. Cheer up
31. Second Chance
32. Worry
33. Seconds
34. You are my hero
35. For her
36. Gamble
37. Confession
❀ Operation: dating ❀
❀ RIP, Mineta ❀
❀ Worse than a wolf ❀
❀ Wild, Wild Maneko! ❀
❀ A pink promise ❀
❆ My Miraculous Christmas (1/4) ❆
❆ My Miraculous Christmas (2/5) ❆
❆ My Miraculous Christmas (3/5) ❆
❆ My Miraculous Christmas (5/5) ❆
❀ The Perfect Wedding (1/2) ❀
The Perfect Wedding (2/2)

❆ My Miraculous Christmas (4/5) ❆

1.8K 60 107
By Hooomantrash

I feel terrible for doing this to Tokoyami 😂

_____________________________

After hiding somewhere safe, they talked to you about their plan.

"We don't know if Eraserhead is still here and we don't have time to find him, so we need you to erase his quirk"

"But I can only do that for a minute or so" you said.

"Doesn't matter. Just a few seconds is enough to make the drug effects dissipate" Marinette explained.

"Okay... but we still have a problem. We don't know where the villain is."

"No, but it's easy to find him. If he was able to turn all those people so fast, then he must be somewhere close. So we thought about going where we see lots of butterflies, because-" Marinette said.

"The more butterflies we see, the closer he'll be" you finished her sentence finally getting her point.

"Exactly" she said.

"But the problem is, it's going to be dangerous. There will be more of those people attacking us, and avoiding all those butterflies will be hard, if not impossible. Also, out movility is limited now that you are hurt" Shouto added.

"If only Nino was with us..." Marinette said sadly.

You gripped your clothings hard.

You were being a burden to them.

"I-It's fine. It doesn't really hurt that much" you smiled reassuring him.

"(Y/N), stop with the act" he said harshly, making you flinch. "Why do you always have to be-" he interrupted himself before he said something he would regret, and just sighed.

But you weren't going to let this go for you had had enough. "Why do I always have to be so what? Annoying? Troublesome?" You snapped.

"Guys..." Marinette tried to get your attentions, but she was ignored.

"You know I didn't mean that..."

"No, I don't know Shouto. So tell me!"

"Why are you so angry??" He also raised his voice to the same level as you.

"Well, all I wanted to do was be less of a burden to you but here you are getting angry at me!"

"Uh... guys..." Marinette said again.

"Of course I'm angry! I don't understand why you always keep things to yourself instead of telling me what's wrong!"

"Because I am not confident enough Shouto!!" You yelled, surprising him and even Marinette. "I am jealous of Marinette's quirk and of how everyone likes her; I'm still reminded of the people that bullied me; I don't know if dad blames me or not for my mom's death; and I'm afraid that you'll one day get tired of me and leave me because of this quirk of mine, or worse, that I'll end up hurting you if you stay with me, just like with mom!"

"...Why didn't you tell me this earlier?"

"Because...!" you yelled again, but then lowered your voice until it was just a whimper from the knot you were feeling in your throat. "How could I when you just recently started accepting your fire side...". Then, you looked at the ground, remembering how he lit up his hand without hesitation a moment ago. "You are always, always doing your best and I can't even move on from this. Sometimes it feels like you are getting further and further away while I'm stuck in the same place, but other times I feel like I'm just holding you down and I... I hate feeling like this..."

'So that's why...'

With a sigh, he rubbed his head comtemplating what to do. But in the end, he put his hand behind your head and slowly brought you to his chest. Caressing your hair, he said

"Thank you. I love you"

You widened your eyes.

It was the first time he said he loved you, and even though the situation wasn't how you had imagined it to be, it didn't matter.

They weren't the words you were expecting, but they were the ones you needed to hear.

They were just a few words, but you knew they meant a lot more than what was said, and you broke out in tears, letting out everything you had bottled up all this time.

'Thank you for telling me this, but know that you are not alone anymore because I'm here for you now. I love you' 

After being engulfed in each other's warm embrace for another minute or so, Marinette finally said "Guys, I hate to be the one interrupting you, but..."

"FOR FUCK'S SAKE" you heard someone yell and the two of you jumped in fear. "CAN YOU PLEASE LET GO OF EACH OTHER NOW?? CHRISTMAS IS AT STAKE AND HERE YOU ARE SHOOTING A SOAP OPERA!!!"

"... Hana's here..." Marinette finished.

"H-Hana?? Since when were you here? No, how did you even find us??" you asked.

"Uh, Snapchat of course" she said huffing.

"Is that a turkey?" Shouto asked and all of you turned your gazes, stranged by the Christmas turkey she was hugging.

"Yes, I mean, no! He's your friend, birdie boy"

"TOKOYAMI??" you exclaimed.

"Why are you holding him? Isn't it dangerous?" Marinette asked.

"Well, look at him. He can't even stand on his own" she said and left Tokoyami on the ground for demonstration. Immediately after she left him there, he fell on his back and uselessly flapped his little wings to try to stand up. After a few seconds of watching the depressing scene, she lifted him up again and cradled him in her arms. "I couldn't leave him alone. Anyway, little haunter is still normal and making a good job protecting us, so why not take him?"

"I'm not a Pokemon!" Dark Shadow complained leaving Tokoyami's little body.

"Wait, he's normal?" Shouto asked.

After giving it a thought, you said "Hey, I might know how to sneak in without having to fight..."

Turned people were passing you by as you ran on the streets, careful to not give away you were normal. As you advanced fast, more butterflies could be seen, meaning you were closer to your goal.

"This is amazing! Who knew this would work?" Hana said using the hat and beard that Marinette made a while ago. In fact, all of you were, except for Tokoyami and Dark Shadow.

"How did you think of it?" Marinetter asked you.

"Well, I just thought that if they only attack normal people, there must be something that makes them ignore the turned ones, and the only thing they all have in common are these Christmas decorations and disguises."

"Must be some sort of command, like 'only attack those who don't look like us' " Shouto added, though it was hard to take him seriously with the white beard on him.

 "And little shadow here is the perfect shield from these butterflies since they can't affect him" Hana said. Tokoyami, still in her arms, gobbled loudly. "Yeah, yeah, you're also doing a good job", and Tokoyami calmed down.

"Are you seriously having a conversation with a turkey?" You asked her.

"Hey, turkeys have feelings too you know?" She said and Tokoyami purred. "See?"

"But he is- Forget it" Then, Shouto stopped suddenly and as you were on his back you hit your nose with his head. "Why did you stop?"

"Look, over there" he said, pointing above with his chin.

You looked up to the tallest building and you saw a swarm of butterflies. Squinting your eyes a little, you noticed that there was someone in the middle of the ceiling. To be more specific, the same man that appeared on TV.

"How are we going to get there?" Marinette asked.

Then, Dark Shadow said to you all, still blocking the butterflies that were coming near, "I could lift you all up, but then I won't be able to protect you." 

"I'll use my fire to block them. In the air, there won't be anyone I can hurt" Shouto said.

"I don't know about that hottie. He's weak to light, remember?" Hana said.

"Then, Marinette" he said and you all looked at her, making her nervous.

"I-I'll try" She used her quirk again, and a giant blanket appeared. "Huh, I know what to do with this!"

After getting on top of Dark Shadow, you all took off your masks and covered yourselves under the blanket, him beginning to raise you up. However, things weren't going to be that easy. In the middle of the trip, Dark Shadow shook harshly and you almost fell. Peeking through the gaps, you saw that lots of people were floating in the air, and amongst them were your turned friends.

"How are they flying???" Hana asked panicked.

You and Shouto looked at each other as you thought the same thing. 'Ochako'

But there was no time to discuss anything more, because it was proving hard to stay on Dark Shadow with all the shaking, so you all got out of the blanket and activated your quirks. Shouto throwed ice shards to anyone that dared come near, and you also tried to keep them away with your quirk. The problem was that you couldn't knock them out as they would surely die from the fall, but many more were coming and you couldn't keep this much longer.

With his ice Shouto made a steady platform that connected Dark Shadow to the building so that you could all hop off Dark Shadow, enabling him to fight too. When you all stepped into it, still fighting, Shouto said "I'll lift you all up from here."

"I won't leave you alone" you said through gasps.

"I'll be fine, and I know you can stop this."

"B-But what if I can't do it?"

"That won't happen. The (Y/N) I fell in love with is a strong one, that no matter what happens, she keeps trying with a big warm smile. She even warmed up a cold boy's heart and changed him" he said and turned to you with a smile before focusing again on the people attacking you. "(Y/N), your quirk is needed. You are the only one that can save us"

'My quirk... is needed?'

Then, bits of memories came to your mind:

"Hmmm... in that case why don't you become a hero then?" "What?" I said to Hana, confused. "That way you'll help people with your quirk, you know, like attacking villains to keep people safe. You'd be just like a Maneki Neko!"

"Shouto, I too will declare war on you, so you better not take it easy." This time I put a serious face on me, wishing that with this, he would get that I was serious about becoming a hero, and that I'm going to do my best so he should also do so.

"But, for a second, you shocked me there when I couldn't use my quirk and, as a hero, I'm impressed. So I'm willing to take you back in if-" My mouth gaped open when I heard Levi say this, and this time my tears turned into tears of happiness as I schreeched incoherent things.

"I want to prove that my quirk can be used for good too. And only when people recognize me as one, I'll be able to proudly face my father again" I said to Shouto when he was walking me home.

  "But you know, the best part about today was that my cute princess asked me how my day was" My dad said smiling brightly with a red nose from crying.

"I enjoy the time I spend with you and the others, and I can laugh and be happy now. I could leave my past behind and accept my quirk, and I have also reconnected with my mother. All because of you. You changed me (Y/N), and I couldn't be happier [...] I'm fortunate to have met you" Shouto confessed as steam was coming off of my head.

'I've really... come a long way'  you thought as you wanted to thank everyone that helped you to be where you were today.

"Please, I need you to-" Shouto said.

"We'll go" you said to him, but before anything, you took something out of your pocket. "Take this, it's a good luck charm." It was an omamori you bought for him when everyone was buying souvenirs. "Even if I can't bring you good luck, at least with this charm I can make up for it."

He appreciated the gesture, but he refused to take it. "Thanks, but I don't need it. I'm already lucky enough as it is" he smiled to you, making you take a step back.

With teary eyes, you thought 'I'm the one fortunate to have met you, Shouto'. 

You nodded and stood in one place together with Marinette, Hana and Tokoyami, so Shouto could lift you up with his ice while he used his fire side to fight off everyone that neared him. 'Please be safe'  you thought for him, giving him one last look.

When you turned to look up, you were reminded of her.

'Remember (Y/N), smile. No matter what, use your smile to change the world, but don't let the world change your smile. Life rewards those who brave the stormiest skies.'

You dried the tears that were threatening to fall with your sleeve, and with a smile brimming with determination, you were ready to face head on whatever was ahead.

And like a chant, you mumbled

"Smile, (Y/N). You look ugly when you cry."

"Did you say something?" Hana asked.

You shook your head and snickered to yourself.

"Just that I'm really lucky"

____________________

Guys do you have any ideas for the last battle?

....

Cause I sure do not! ÒwÓ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 102K 161
"...You can't go through life on your own, just like a hero can't always save the day on their own. Sometimes, they need a bit of help from their fri...
181K 4.4K 58
Family... That's all that really mattered to (y/n) Todoroki. That is, until her oldest brother Toya went missing and her family started to fall apart...
7.1M 177K 140
(Important: DO NOT REPOST, STEAL OR COPY my work, please!) Status update: DISCONTINUED since 2021 [Requests are not open anymore, sorry!] Have you ev...
1.2M 38.4K 112
[currently under major editing, please read at risk of changes.] "I heard there's a new transfer student!" -x- -x- -x- Shiro Kurayami is a new admit...