The Way To My Heart [Niam Zia...

By shimefuan

Niall Horan is a regular band member of One Direction. His life completely changed when he announced to the w... More

Author's Note:
Chapter 1: The Secret
Chapter 2: I Kissed an Angel
Chapter 3: Troubled Heart
Chapter 4: The Liar
Chapter 5: Breakfast Without Niall
Chapter 6: Foolish Heart
Chapter 7: Temporary Blindness
Chapter 8: Memory Lane
Chapter 9: Eavesdrop
Chapter 10: Twister!
Chapter 11: Shielding Him From Pain
Chapter 12: Who's To Blame?
Chapter 13: Shower
Chapter 14: Second Time
Chapter 15: The Screw-Up
Chapter 16: Nightmare
Chapter 17: Gone
Chapter 18: Find The Missing Leprechaun
An Important Question (Or Should I Say A Contest) ^_^
Chapter 19: Twenty Hours Earlier
Chapter 20: Deep Thoughts
Chapter 21: Crybaby
Chapter 22: Father and Son
What's to come?
Chapter 23: The Irish Smile
Chapter 24: From Liam To Niall
Chapter 25: Friend Zone
Chapter 26: The Kiss
Just Sharing...
Chapter 27: Dysfunctional Family
Chapter 28: It's Always Been You
Chapter 29: The Text Message
Chapter 31: The Warning
Chapter 32: Lies & Confusions
Chapter 33: Fear
Chapter 34: The Three Lettered Word
Chapter 35: Kissing Someone Else's Lips
Chapter 36: My Chicken Is Your Chicken
Chapter 37: Unforgivable
Halloween 2012
Chapter 38: The Change in Me
Chapter 39: The Unexpected Transformation
Chapter 40: Boyfriend
Chapter 41: I'm Sorry
Chapter 42: Thank You
Chapter 43: Liam's Evil Plan
Chapter 44: So Wrong
Chapter 45: The Fortune Teller
Chapter 46: Fantasy
Chapter 47: Protecting Zayn
Chapter 48: Official
Chapter 49: Crumble
Chapter 50: A Moment With Him
Chapter 51: Grovel For Your Love
Chapter 52: Bee Mine
Chapter 53: Misery
Chapter 54: The Suggestion
Chapter 55: Payne vs. Malik
Chapter 56: Dissolution
Chapter 57: Truth Behind A Lie
Chapter 58: Red Plaid Scarf
Chapter 59: Big Surprise
Chapter 60: Another Surprise
Chapter 61: Torment
Chapter 62: Wrath & Banter
Chapter 63: Irish
Chapter 64: Visiting Nana

Chapter 30: The Payneful Misunderstanding

12.8K 74 43
By shimefuan

Am I clever or what? If you don't know what I'm talking about, look again at the title LOL.

This chapter has some Niam drama in it so just be prepared. I think I mentioned from last time that I will explained the text message but it turns out I have to delay it until the next chapter. It seems weird to include it in this Niam drama chapter. Unfortunately, this will be the last Niam chapter for a while because I have to introduce the next pairing, which is Ziall. So I'm calling out to all Ziall shippers out there, show yourself and rejoice because the light has shown itself... :D

Oh before I forgot, I have a sinister plan for Larry so to all Larry shippers out there, I just want you to know that I didn't forget about you :]

This chapter is dedicated to @stay_young_forever21. Your comment is really inspiring. It really motivated me to improve my craft even further. And it really gives me joy that my writing inspired you as well. I never thought that my hobby could help someone. I feel like I've achieved something important. Thank you for your kind words.

* * * * *

Liam's POV

The moment I opened my eyes, the very first thought comes to mind was the kiss I shared with Niall. Now that he knew my feelings, there's no stopping me to be with him and I'm not taking 'no' as an answer. When I rolled over on the bed, I was surprised that I was the only one lying on the bed. My heart leapt two hundred miles per hour when I felt no Irish leprechaun on my bed. I jumped off the bed and rushed downstairs. I gripped tightly on the wooden handle of the stairs as my feet shuffled on the stairs.

Niall! Where the hell are you?!

My chocolate brown eyes scanned the whole living room but the only person sitting on the leather sofa was my evil sister, Nicola, reading a fashion magazine.

"Hey, Liam, Good mor---"

"Zip it, Nicola!" I snapped at her. My eyes squinted in rage and threw it at her. She shivered in fear as her eyes widened in terror.

"Where is Niall?!" My voice roared through the whole living room as I dart a glare at Nicola, who is completely terrified. Then, suddenly I heard a familiar Irish voice coming from the kitchen. I ran towards to the kitchen immediately to make sure I'm not hallucinating.

As I stepped into the kitchen, I saw Niall helping out my mom preparing the breakfast. He was wearing a gray sweater and blue trousers with his favorite Supras. His semi-messy blonde hair moved along with wind blowing from the kitchen window. For some odd reason, I find it very sexy and thoughts that I shouldn't be having right now.

My deep thoughts were interrupted when I heard a shrieked coming from my mother. "Liam, please wear something..."

As I looked down, I noticed I wasn't wearing any type of clothing except for the Buzz Lightning boxer shorts covering my crotch. My pale white cheeks turned into a dark shade of crimson in an instant. And when I looked up at Niall, he was just giggling. Hearing it once again made me really happy. I have to admit, not my finest moment but I'll take whatever I can. Seeing that Irish smile is enough for me to face this humiliation.

"Sorry," I laughed apologetically as I scratched the back of my head while feeling all the redness on my cheeks.

* * * * *

Time had passed and it's time to say goodbye to my family. It's really hard saying goodbye to my parents and most especially to my evil sister. Although she annoyed me all the time, I couldn't imagine my life without her. I love her with all my heart even with her dark side.

"Remember to call, Liam." My mom's voice echoed as I pushed myself getting inside into the taxi. Usually, I get emotional at this part so I decided not to look back before I shed more tears. I really do not want Niall to see me crying in front of my family.

I just waved at them as the vehicle roared into life and I sit there as my home here in Wolverhampton fades from my sight.

A minute inside from the moving vehicle, I looked sideways and looked at Niall and I noticed something different from him. I don't know if I'm just seeing things but there's certain coldness on his face. When I touched his hands, he moved it quickly like he was afraid of being touched and immediately slid over his body away from me.

Ouch! What the hell was that?

I slowly moved my face towards to my slightly raised armpit to check if my scent is alarming Niall. When I confirmed that I don't have a strong odor, I looked back again to Niall but this time, his face was projecting a pained expression. Suddenly, a memory from last night flashed before my very eyes.

 Could it be?

My heart began to race. Is it possible that Niall doesn't like me? But from what I remembered, he responded to that kiss with intensity. I am not wrong. I know that Niall likes me.

"Niall..." I called out to him but he pretended that he didn't hear anything. Then, all of a sudden, he pulled out an earphone that is connected to his iPod and started plugging the earphone to his ears. And I heard loud music coming from it.

Whoa?! Talk about rudeness...

I even asked myself what went wrong. I tried recalling those intimate moments I had with Niall from last night and I can't understand why he would act this hostile towards me. Earlier this morning, he was giggling at me and now he treated me like a non-existing person.

Why, Niall, why?!

* * * * *

Those eight hours of travel from Wolverhampton to London was a very long and cold one. It's literally killing me that Niall somehow hated me and I don't understand why. It's driving me crazy!

As we landed our feet on front of our London mansion, I was determined to find out why Niall is acting this way.

Niall quickly dragged his suitcases and I ran towards in front of me. He almost bumped me with his quick walking and gave me 'what-do-you-want' look.

"Niall, why are you acting this way?" I asked irritably, anxious at the same time.

"Acting like what?" He responded right away with his annoyed Irish face. Those crystal blue eyes were still mesmerizing even if he's annoyed.

"I've been trying to talk to you but you just keep shutting me out." I said as I grabbed his right arm. To my surprise, he quickly stepped backwards as he wiggled his arms from my grip but failed.

"I don't know what you're talking about..." He immediately looked away from my gaze. "And let go of me, Liam..." He wiggled his arms one more time. This time he was successful to separate his arms from my grip. It felt like a million knives stabbed me towards my chest as he pretended that nothing happened between us.

I know at the back of my mind that he felt the burning passion we shared last night. There's no way to deceive that kind of feeling. It's just not possible!

Suddenly, I felt my eyes becoming watery as bead of tears were forming at the corner of my eyes threatening to fall any second from now.

"We kissed, don't you remember?!" I slightly raised my voice as those tears finally rolled down on my cheeks. For a moment, Niall was speechless.

But his response wasn't the one I'm expecting.

"So what?" He said in an expressionless face as if it meant nothing to him.

I gasped on his response and it felt like the meaning behind those words doesn't want to register in my mind.

"You know Niall, I meant those words I said to you last night when you were pretending to fall asleep." I said, as I looked deep into crystal blue eyes that seem very hostile right now.

"Just in case you want to hear it again and I'm not afraid to say it one more time."

Suddenly, his expressionless face turned into a face with anxiety.

"I love you, Niall..." He stood there as if he heard it for the first time. His crystal blue eyes widened along with his mouth in shock. For a couple of seconds, he had those look but then it came back to the expressionless face again.

"Who are you trying to convince?" A cold voice escaped from his mouth as his face projected did the same thing.

"Convince?"

I can't believe the words that coming out from his mouth. Why did Niall turned out like this? We were just fine yesterday until we shared that kiss. Is it possible that he regretted kissing me?

"I don't understand, Niall. I know that you love me..." Suddenly, my voice became so desperate. I really want Niall right now if he only knew...

"Excuse me?" He raised his eyebrow at me.

I quickly dig my hands into my pocket and located my phone. I played the voicemail that he left me when he was drunk in Mullingar. His irritated, annoyed face changed into an astonished one the moment he heard his confession to me.

"I love you... Liam..." His Irish drunk voice was blasting on my phone. Once again, his eyes widened along with his mouth.

"W-wh-eeer-eee di-di-did y-you ge-ge-ttt t-that?" He stuttered so bad that he almost lost his words along the way. And a smirk displayed on my face. I have to admit it wasn't my finest moment but I had to do it.

"You left me a message." I said casually as I studied his astonished face. "So, don't try to deny that you don't feel anything for me..."

All of a sudden, the Niall that I knew, the caring, warm Niall resurfaced itself and it made me really happy.

"It's true, Liam. I did love you and I still do..."

As those words left his mouth, I felt my heart began to race and my hand started to sweat profusely. Hearing those words coming from him, he finally admitted that he loves me. It couldn't be more right...

But something is not right as his he turned his gaze away from me and a frown displayed itself on his face, which made me really nervous. I had this foreboding feeling that there's a catch on his statement.

"I can't love you anymore..."

I stood there brokenhearted as those words echoed through my ears and my mind tried to process those incomprehensible words to my understanding.

"What?" I asked as I tried to put the missing puzzle pieces together. "What do you mean? I don't understand..."

"What can't you understand, Liam? Is playing with my heart not enough for you?!" There was a harsh tone escaped from his mouth and pierced through my heart.

"Hurting me one time is enough but I'd be damned if you think you can trampled my feelings all over again!" The way he threw a glare at me sent a shock all over my body. For the first time in my life, I've never seen someone this angry before. Clearly, there was a misunderstanding between us.

Why would he even think that I hurt him? Isn't it the other way around?

"Niall, I-I don't under---"

"Enough with the lies! I'm done with you!"

I stood there in shock as I let Niall walked away and vanished from my sight.

* * * * * 

So, what you guys think? Too much drama? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

589K 13.2K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
158K 7.3K 52
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

115K 2.7K 42
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
1.1M 44.7K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...