Chapter 29: The Text Message

I know I'm not supposed to post an update this early but I just couldn't help myself. I hope you'll like this one but I'm not sure. Prepare yourself to cry and get annoyed and I hope the readers won't skin me alive after they read the whole chapter lol. There's a reason why I made it out like this and you'll realize it on the next couple of chapters.

I dedicate this chapter to @LaurenMcKeon. Your comment from the previous chapter was really insightful. At first, I was a little intimidated. But after reading the whole lengthy comment, I think I understand where you're coming from. Like I've said, I don't plan ahead when I'm writing for the most part. And anything is possible so I hope you'll still read the upcoming chapters. Thank you!

Have fun reading and hopefully none of you will get mad at me for writing this chapter.

* * * * * 

Niall's POV

The chirping sounds of birds flying around in circles woke me up. I slowly opened my eyes and it is dark. The purple colored clouds blended in a navy blue sky and when I looked at Liam's Toy Story clock nailed on the wall, it states that it's just five thirty in the morning. No wonder it is dark outside so I rolled over and I was surprised to see the serenity in Liam's face. His messy hair covered his forehead. His mouth were slightly opened as a weak, snore escaped from it. I slowly run my index finger on the bridge of his nose. He instantly wiggled his nose along with his mouth. I gasped then proceeded by a giggle. I really don't want to disturb his sleep so I quickly shut my eyes off before he sees me.

I waited for a couple of minutes before I opened my eyes again. When I heard those cute snores coming from Liam, I slowly opened my eyes and watched him sleep. It was really a serene sight to see. Suddenly, an important even from last night flashed before my very eyes. It was when Liam confessed his undying love for me. To tell you the truth, I wasn't really expecting it. Who knew he had those feelings? I wonder for how long did he kept those feelings bottled up inside.

I caught myself smiling so wide to the point that you could fit a piece of hanger inside my mouth. That's how wide my smile was. I really don't care what people thought of me anymore. They could say those bad things at me but I wouldn't let them hurt Liam.

Oh God! I am so in love with Liam James Payne! 

This feeling is ten times better than winning the lottery. I am so happy. This definitely tops the time when I was included in One Direction.

I cupped both my cheeks to restrain the wide smile spreading across my face. I was grinning here like a complete moron.

I instantly recognize the blinking green light on Liam's phone, which is sitting on the small table beside of the bed on his side. So I slowly got up and walk quietly not to create noises that will disturb Liam.

I stared at his phone with the blinking green light flashing every three seconds. As I was about to reach it, my conscience suddenly spoke inside of me. 

"Don't touch it! It's not yours."

"I'm just going to take a peek." I hissed at my conscience. "I'm sure it was a nobody. Who would text Liam at this time?" 

I unlocked his phone because I know his password on his phone. Don't ask on how I got it, I just do! There was an unread text message and boy, I didn't expect this name would show up all of a sudden. It was Danielle. 

I read the conversation from the top.

Danielle: Hey, how are you?

Liam: I'm okay, Babe. How about you?

Babe, huh?!

Danielle: I'm doing fine. Just doing some dance rehearsals for a charity event this week.

I caught myself rolling my eyes out of annoyance. I admit that I'm a little bit annoyed. Everybody knows that Danielle is a great dancer. Does she really want to brag her talents? I wish I could dance too...

Liam: That sounds good. I wish I could watch you. :)

First of all, ouch! It really bothers me that Liam still in contact with Danielle. I didn't even know they still talked to each other after they broke up. It bugs the hell out of me!

Danielle: Oh, I forgot that you're going to America this weekend.

Liam: Yeah, we have some gigs on New York and California but we'll be back after three weeks or so.

Danielle: Good. Don't exhaust yourself too much. You know I worry about you.

Liam: Thanks Babe :)

That babe again?! And why would she worry about Liam? It's not like they're still together. Unless...

Unless...

My mind suddenly filled with dark thoughts that I shouldn't have. My hands started to tremble.

It couldn't be. I tried to convince myself that it's not possible.

I looked down again on the phone and scroll down on the conversation. I'm way in too deep now and I can't stop myself of finding the truth and confirm my suspicions.

Danielle: You know what...

Liam: What?

Danielle: I really miss you, Liam <3

Damn! What's with the heart?!

Liam: Aw, how sweet! I miss you too, Danielle *mwah*

(Author's Note: For those who don't know <3, it's a symbol of a heart. And the "mwah" is the sound of a kiss. I rarely send and receive text messages anymore. I spend too much time on the Internet LOL.)

Suddenly, my world came crashing down. One moment, I was so happy and now my heart were ripped open and blown up into million tiny pieces.

Danielle: I love you, Liam *mwah*

Liam: I love you too, Dani *mwah* *mwah*  

That moment, breathing seems like to be a difficult task to do. Tears were forming at corner of my eyes. And not a moment later, it rolled down on my cheeks. I never thought being heartbroken would hurt this so bad. It felt like someone is squeezing your inside so hard that you might want to die from pain and agony.

I bit my lip so hard to restrain myself from sobbing. I don't want Liam to see me in this state.

I really he thought he loved me but I was so wrong. He was still in love with Danielle. They never broke up. I definitely confirmed my suspicions.

Liam lied to me... 

He was playing me all along. How can I be so stupid? Liam was just being nice to me because I was part of the band. Of course, that makes sense if something happened on the band, his dream of being a successful musician would come crashing down. He never really cared about me.

He was just looking for himself...

Oh God! What about Zayn? He will be devastated when he found about this. Liam already hurt one of us and I wouldn't let him hurt one of my best friends. I better warn him before he plunged into being heartbroken like what happened to me.

I looked down again on the phone to read the remaining text conversation. Although, it hurts a lot I have to see this through the end.

Danielle: I'll see you when you get back.

Liam: Sure. It's a date then :)

I clearly hit rock bottom. I was delusional to even think that Liam might fall in love with me. There is no way that it could happen. I'm just Niall Horan, a simple dreamer. That's all I'm going to be.

I slowly got up and put his phone back on the table. Then, I rushed into the bathroom and proceeded by splashing cold water on my face. I looked into the mirror intently and made a promise to myself that I intended to keep.

"Remember this, Niall. Never fall in love again!"

* * * * * 

So what's the verdict? :D