Chapter 62: Wrath & Banter

Here is the new chapter. This is quite different from the previous chapters I've written because this quite a comical one, at least that's how I envisioned it with when I wrote it. I'm trying to stay away from the heavily dramatic chapters because it's really draining. But for the meantime, I do hope that you all would like this chapter. You'll know what I'm talking as long as you open your mind to a crazy imagination XD

As you can see, the gif I used was somehow foretelling on the humorous aspect that I was talking about. Anyways, I am horrible at explaining thing so read the whole thing and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

* * * * *

The dinner was really uncomfortable, at least with Niall. Hours ago, Liam blurted out what he wanted with Niall but the blonde was so invested with his relationship with Zayn. He knew that if he told his boyfriend what Liam wanted, he would freaking flipped out. And when that happens, for sure there would be another fight. Niall was trying to avoid that situation; most especially he's trying his best for his family to love Zayn, including his father.

Niall sighed deeply as he dipped his spoon on the tasteless egg soup on his bowl.

"Dear, what's wrong?" His mother asked, snapping him out from his depressing thoughts.

"Uh, nothing," Niall lied. He smiled nervously, hoping it was good enough to convince his mother that he was all right. He continuously swirled his spoon on his bowl, trying to think of ways on how he can resolve this problem that dragging him down, on how can he help Liam without jeopardizing his relationship with Zayn.

"Why don't you stay in for the night?" Bobby asked, looking directly to Liam. The Wolverhampton lad was quite surprised by Bobby's question, so is Niall. He snapped his head up, his eyes widening in shock and so was Zayn.

After an hour has passed, the lads found themselves in Niall's little room. The tension between them was palpable and excruciatingly intense. Once again, both Liam and Zayn were having this scowling-slash-glaring contest to one another while Niall was exhausted trying to find a way on how to fix this mess that he got himself into.

"Please, would you two stop doing that," Niall sighed weakly. He was on the verge on giving up being in the middle of two lads trying to get his affection. "My head is killing me."

Within that moment, both Liam and Zayn diverted their attention to Niall, grazing every inch of the blonde's skin, trying to locate if something was hurting him.

"I'm fine, okay!" Niall raised his voice. "I'm so sick of you two trying to upstage one another."

"Liam, listen," Niall stared directly at Liam. His cerulean orbs were filled with conviction and Liam felt that the blonde meant serious business so it's better not to interrupt him if he knew what's good for him. "Zayn is my boyfriend and if you dare try to ruin what we have, you'd better pray that I won't find you." Niall walked slowly, not breaking the deathly glare to add the threatening factor in his voice. "Because if I do, I'll make sure that you're not gonna see the next sunrise." He grabbed the collar part of Liam's cotton fabric shirt, squinting his eyes to scare the poor lad.

"Are we clear?" Niall's threatening voice echoed in his small, enclosed room.

"Y-Yes..." Liam nodded in response. Fear was the only thing running through his head, all he could do was to swallow the small lump of saliva lodging his throat. He realized that it's a good idea not to poke the sleeping giant residing in Niall because he now knows what could happen.

Meanwhile, Zayn was eyeing his boyfriend seductively. He finds it extremely erotic that his boyfriend has an aggressive side. He couldn't help but to think of things that's not appropriate for younger audience.