Chapter 38: The Change in Me

I didn't even notice that it's been almost a month since I've updated this fanfic (excluding the one-shot Halloween chapter). This chapter is all about Liam and it is quite short but do not worry I would still the next chapter in the next couple of days. Listening to the Take Me Home: Yearbook Edition helped a lot getting some inspiration.

Based on the title of this chapter, you'll sense a difference side of Liam. Oh well, just read it. I don't want to give too many details. Have fun!

The dedication for this chapter belongs to @foreveryoung1d_. Your comment is so uplifting and very appreciative. Thank you, really :)

* * * * *

Liam's POV

I was in the front of the computer, talking with Danielle on Skype for hours. I really do like talking to Dani every once in a while. Pouring out my thoughts on her about my life made it easier. I don't think I can hide any single thing about my life. She could always tell when something's bothering me.

"Hey Liam, what are you looking at?"

I turned around and I thought I saw a shadow behind the closed door. It might be Harry and I'm sure Louis put him up for some kind of a prank joke. This time I'm not falling for their prank.

"Oh nothing, it was probably Harry, trying to annoy me," I faced the computer screen. But somewhere deep inside my mind, it felt like it wasn't Harry.

"By the way, you didn't respond to my text the other day."

"What text?"

"The one when I said 'I love you,'" Danielle smiled genuinely.

"Yes, I replied on that," I pouted back on the computer screen.

"Oh yeah," she laughed hysterically, glancing at her phone while scratching at the back of her neck. "People would freak out if someone read this."

I chuckled. "Tell me about it."

"I just want to clarify this, Liam."

"Clarify what," I knew what she meant but once in a while I tried to pull a prank on her. She's really cute when she tried to explain something that I already know.

"This," she faced her Samsung mobile phone in the screen.

"Uh-huh," I nodded, trying to hold back a laugh forming inside of me.

"This I love you meant as a friend and nothing else."

I faked gasp and pretend I was deliberately hurt.

"Oh please, Liam. Stop with your acting. You're a terrible actor," Danielle stated and I laughed back at her.

"I know what you meant. Besides, I'm head-over-heels in love with Niall." Actually saying it made me squeal deep inside. Without me knowing, an involuntary smile drew on my face.

"Liam, your cheeks are turning red," Danielle teased. I tried wiping off the ridiculous smile on my face but couldn't.

"It wasn't," I protested.

"I'm not blind, you know," she rolled out her eyes and continually teased me more.

After a few moments, there was a silence between us. It broke off when a serious tone came from her.

"When are you gonna tell him?"

My heart almost stopped beating for a moment and the air around me suddenly became so heavy to breathe in. The memory of Niall hating me flashed before my very eyes.

"I already told him."

Danielle squealed. "So, you guys are together now?" A wide grin was spreading across his flawless skin.

"No," I frowned. There's no way I could hide the disappointment from Danielle. She could read my body signals.

"What happened?"

I told her every single thing and she was surprised as I was. I couldn't even begin to understand why Niall would act so hostile towards me. I poured my heart and my love for him but in return I got hurt in the end. I just don't understand why was this happening to me?

I tried to be the good person like my parents told me ever since I could remember. And how come bad things keep ruining my life despite all the good deeds I've done? All I just want is Niall to love me, is that too much to ask?

"Maybe you've said something or did something that offend him."

"Like what?" I rummaged my brain to recall memories that I might offend Niall but I keep coming empty. What could I have done possibly for him to act so cold towards me?

"Liam..."

It took me a while before I snapped out of my thoughts. Looking straight on the computer screen, I could tell that Danielle was worried about me.

"I'm okay." A fake smile showed on my face. I really can't drag Danielle to my problems. These are mine, better to face them by myself.

I went straight to the bathroom and grab that something which would change my life forever... 

* * * * *

Thoughts?