Chapter 25: Friend Zone

This update is all about Niam so if you like, love, adore Niam then you will like this chapter. It's a little bit shorter than my usual update and you'll know why once you reach at the end.

I just want to say thank you to those people who answer to my question about Larry Stylinson. I decided to keep them together but it doesn't mean their relationship would go smoothly all the time (Ooh, is that a spoiler alert? Teehee!). So you'd better stay tune on what will happen to them.

* * * * *  

Liam's POV

The beating of my heart grew stronger and stronger as the wooden door slightly open. It made a creaking sound and there was a man standing behind it. He was probably six foot tall, has a short brown hair. Oddly enough, I recognized that pair of crystal blue eyes and a radiating smile coming out of his face. It was the exact duplicate from Niall's. Could it be?

The man smiled and I smiled politely. "You're Liam Payne, right."

"Yes."

"Come on in." He led me the way. The living room was covered with mint green paint. The gray couch is placed in the back corner of the room. There were some artificial flowers placed in the vases all over the room. As I was about to sit on the couch, the man introduced himself.

"My name is Bobby Horan, Niall's father."

My breathing begins to falter. The air around me seems to become heavier to breathe in. Here, I am face to face with the father of my beloved. Why does it feel like I have to impress him?

I stretched out my shaky hands to meet his.

"Can I get you something to drink?" He asked.

"Wa-water is fine." I stuttered. My voice almost broke into high-pitched tone.

This what must feels like the one in the movies where the boyfriend meets the father of the girlfriend but in my case, future boyfriend. Ultimate anxiousness, excessive sweating on my skin, and irregular heartbeat.

Not a moment later, Bobby brought a full glass of water and handed it to me. I drink it very thoroughly and finished it with one drinking.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." I answered as I put down the glass on an antique table in front of me. I tried to calm myself, not to sound pathetic in front of Niall's father.

"You've raised a wonderful boy, Mr. Horan." I said, pertaining to Niall. I was looking at an old picture of Niall. He was probably fifteen on that picture.

"Thank you. It wasn't really easy raising two boys by myself. I'm still grateful that their mother is helping around although she has her own family."

Niall mentioned before that their parents divorced when he was young and it was really one of darkest moments of his life. Hearing it from his father made me really sad. If that happens to my family, I don't know what I would do.

"I'll apologize on Niall's behalf."

My deep thoughts were interrupted when Bobby said that. I really don't know why he would apologize.

"I heard from his mother that he left London without telling you guys." He continued.

I shook my head. "It's fine. That's why I'm here. Greg called me last night telling me he's here. Maybe he just missed his family." I smiled, reassuring Bobby. Although, I wasn't even sure why he left in the first place. I just really hope that the family thing is why he left, not because of the ripping shirt debacle.