Chapter 5: Breakfast Without Niall

I really feel bad for having a short update, so here's the continuation. Hope you guys will like it.

Fan, Vote, Comment? :D

------

Niall can't believe what he just heard. He's beyond heartbroken, confirming the fear that crushed his heart into million, tiny pieces. Zayn likes Liam. The kiss last night was just a simple joke, there's nothing more to it. What could be more tragic than the guy he likes having special feelings towards a guy who happens to be his friend? Even if Liam is into boys, Niall knew that there's no way he could win over Zayn because Zayn is the best at everything he does. He's gorgeous, with pleasing personality and an amazing belting voice to die for. Niall has none of that. He wouldn't even dare to compare himself against a Greek God like Zayn. That is one race he'd never win no matter how hard he try.

As always, he kept his feelings inside because that's what he's good at, locking up his emotions and never let anyone see who the real Niall is. Then he tries to smile, a fake smile at best.

"That's nice, Zayn," he pats him on the shoulder, trying his best to hold the tears, threatening to fall down any second. He walks away before he could explode from the emotion he's holding on for the past minute or so.

Zayn stood there in complete shock. Shock in a sense that he did what he did. Now, he can assure that there's a special place in hell for people like him, capable of hurting an innocent person like Niall. He's positive that the Irish is harboring ill feelings toward him, no doubt about it. He'll endure the hate rather than him getting hurt in the end. Zayn did what he had to do to protect himself because being vulnerable is something that he cannot allow to himself. He watches the blonde to vanish from his sight as the excruciating pain puncturing his heart.

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Harry is humming happily as he whisk the pancake batter in a bowl. He wonders if Zayn confesses his undying love for our lovely Leprechaun.

"They look cute together," he giggles, shaking his head in happiness.

"Who look cute together?" Harry shrieks, hearing a deep voice behind him. He turns around to see the sweaty Liam looking at him.

"Dude, you almost gave me a heart attack!" he dips his finger on the mixture, checking if it has the right taste.

"Who did you say were cute together?" Liam asks, probing. Harry doesn't exactly know what to do. He has no business broadcasting someone's secrets. He was raised properly in a lovely home and as far as he's concern, becoming a tattletale is worse as it can get so he decides not to do it. Besides, he owes Niall a lot for keeping their secrets for a long time.

"Me and Louis." Harry furrows his eyebrows. His mouth twitches on the side involuntarily on the side, hoping it's good enough to deceive Liam.

"You said 'they,'" Liam glances annoyingly back at Harry. "If you're pertaining to yourself, you would use 'we' not 'they.'"

Harry could feel his nostrils flaring up in annoyance. In his head, he's asking why Liam decides today to be so obnoxious.

"You're an ass," Harry spits in agitation. He grips the whisk tightly; making it tumbles on his hand, spilling the pancake batter on the table.

"You know I'm joking," Liam laughs. He senses that Harry is getting to his boiling point so he didn't push Harry's buttons anymore before he becomes the outlet of the curly haired lad. "I'd better leave before you throw that to me."

"Yeah, you better!" Harry sticks out his tongue. He's so disappointed with himself for losing his cool easily. He should've been calmer.

Liam goes straight to his room after his brotherly banter with Harry. He couldn't help but to feel the pain pulsating on every muscle of his body. Running has been a stress reliever for him but it still bugs him what Harry had said earlier. He couldn't just put his finger on it but he has to know every single thing that happens in the house. Liam doesn't like being kept in the dark.