Chapter 37: Unforgivable

Wait no longer because a new chapter is here! I hope that you guys will love it. I was literally jumping up and down when I was writing this because I really can't believe that I was able to put this together. I wish that you will do the same thing lol. At the end of this chapter, maybe some Ziall shippers would literally faint :D So enjoy!

I dedicate this chapter to @emiii1235. I totally agree with the quote that you mentioned. I hope you'll continue reading this story. Thanks again.

* * * * *

Niall's POV

"We're on a date." Zayn said in a blank expression that made all four of us gasped.

"Zayn!" I exclaimed.

"I knew it!" Cher said in excitement. "Twitter got you guys good." She continued.

"Twitter?" Zayn asked.

I was horrified to see an image of Zayn wiping a napkin on my lips from Cher's phone. It really does look like we're on a date. The way he was looking at me, it was filled up with sincerity and sweetness.

"It's a good thing that they took a shot from my good side." Zayn said as a chuckle was escaping from his mouth.

"Zayn!" I called out to him and hit him playfully.

"What? They've got evidence." Zayn smirked at me while pointing at the phone. And it was followed with a laugh that annoyed the heck out of me.

"Seriously, guys, we're not on a date." Zayn clarified as felt of relief escaped from me.

"Move, peasants!" Louis' sassiness filled up the whole restaurant as he extended his arms to clear the way. Cher and Harry were blocking his view. He sat beside Zayn while Harry sat on the other side of Zayn. Cher sat beside me.

"Why are you with Zayn alone?" Cher whispered weakly on my ears as she put a lot of stress when he said the word 'alone'. I almost puke out the soda that I was drinking.

"What's the big deal?" I answered as I turned around and face her.

"I thought you and Liam were together." Cher said and my eyes almost popped out from its sockets.

"Where would you get the idea that Liam and I were together?" I whispered back while glancing at the lads who were distracted with food.

"You told me."

"I didn't. I told you that I was in love with him." I said weakly to Cher as I put up the menu in front of our faces just in case the lads might hear what I just said.

"Was?" She asked confusedly.

"Yeah."

"What do you mean?" She threw another question. As best friend, we almost tell anything. I kind of like the fact that my best friend was a girl. I don't why, I just do.

"Liam and Danielle are still together."

Cher gasped at the information I divulged. Her mouth is wide open that you could stuff a tennis ball inside it.

"No freaking way!" She gasped at me. I just nodded at her to verify what I found yesterday. Suddenly, we felt the menu blocking our view went down immediately and exposing Louis' face staring at us.

"What you guys whispering about?" His eyes squinted at us as if he heard something he shouldn't.

"Nothing." I replied right away, trying my best to deceive him. There's too much drama in my life right now and adding more people to it would make it more chaotic.

* * * * *

Zayn's POV

As we finished our early dinner, we headed back to the car. Cher, Harry, and Louis have their own ride while myself and Niall went back to my car. Niall was quiet once again while we walk back to the parking lot.

"You okay, Niall?" I said as I tried to hold his hand while we walk towards the parking lot. I thought he would let go from my grip but to my surprise, he didn't. As I gently pressed my hand towards his, I could see him smiling at the corner of my eye.

"Yeah." He smiled.

"Then, what's bothering you?" I asked. I'm afraid I knew the answer to my own question. I know that I told him that I was confident of winning him back but at the back of my mind, I knew that there's a possibility that he would choose Liam over me. I would literally die the day that happen.

"Just thinking."

"About what?" I mumbled as my fear took over me. If only Niall knew that I'm willing to give up everything in my life just to be with him.

"Liam." He said, immediately letting go from holding my hand. It felt like someone just slashed my chest and pulled out my heart violently. It hurts so bad that all I wanted was to disappear at this moment.

"Oh, I see." I mumbled weakly. Disappointment was literally drawn in my face and there was no way that I could hide it from Niall.

"I have to tell him the truth and maybe there was a logical explanation on why he hid his relationship to us. I really don't think Liam would do such a thing." He defended Liam and I was ultimately crushed. I definitely hit rock bottom. Although, I hate Liam's guts at this moment but Niall made a valid point. For two years, Liam was such a good person. I have to agree with Niall that Liam wasn't capable of doing such a thing.

I was so terrified the thought of Niall being with Liam. Just thinking about it turned my stomach upside down. I rushed immediately toward my room and find that one thing that calms me down, a cigarette stick.

A flicker of my lighter against the cigarette stick on my lips made my troubles went away for a little bit. But when I felt that warm smoke inside of me took my worries in an instant. The next thing I knew was tears flowing against my cheeks. I was literally broken hearted and I didn't know what to do but looking at a bright full moon with a cigarette stick on my lips made it all okay somehow.

* * * * * 

Niall's POV

I know it was wrong for me to hurt Zayn like that but no matter what I do, it's always Liam that made me breathless and wanting for more. I hate this feeling that I have no restraint towards myself. Just one look from his chocolate brown eyes, it felt like paradise.

My heart went to overdrive as I stepped in the wooden stairs going up into Liam's room. My imagination went wild and runs through every scenario that I could think of. I still remembered the time when he said he loved me but after what I found out, why do I feel like pushing myself to him even though I knew it won't happen in this lifetime or any lifetime. His heart belongs to someone else. Why can't I just accept that?

I shook my head violently as I stepped on more steps.

"Niall, don't poison yourself with such negative thoughts. Liam is yours!" I whispered to myself but it felt like a lightning pass towards all over me when I heard a familiar voice bouncing off relentlessly inside Liam's room.

It was a familiar voice. A female voice.

My stomach turned upside down. I knew that voice!

"Okay, fine. I love you, Danielle Peazer more than anyone in this world!" said Liam in a sweet tone.

Those words echoed in my head.

I love you, Danielle Peazer more than anyone in this world!

There were no words to describe how broken I was. My heart was literally wanted to break out of my chest. I stood there in front of his room in disbelief and in shock. That was the confirmation that I was waiting. Niam was not real, maybe in front of the fans or in front camera but once the camera was off, Niam was off too. I was such a fool to believe that there might be a possibility that he felt something special towards me. But I was so wrong and I realized that now.

Then, I found myself crawling under the warm fleece blanket of Zayn in his room doing something unforgivable...