Chapter 23: The Irish Smile

Liam's POV

I was staring long enough at my phone to question myself if I heard correctly what I just heard moments ago. Did Niall say that he loves me? My brain wouldn't process that information right away and I was sitting at the center of my bed arguing to myself if I should do something about it.

The next thing I knew is my finger redialing Niall's number but the automated voice keeps telling me that the number I'm trying to reach is not available. I groaned and buried my face on the soft white pillow near me.

"Why of all times? Why is this happening now?"

My frustration is building up. I held tightly on my pillow and throw it on the wall with full force. What is Niall trying to say? Did he really mean it? Mix of anxiousness, nervousness, excitement, and doubt are the emotions filling up my heart as of this moment. I wanna hear his voice once more. His angelic voice is the only one that could put me to ease. Not Danielle or anybody else. It's only Niall.

I start pacing inside my room, thinking what I should do next. Should I call him back? But his phone is dead. How about if I leave a voice message? It shouldn't be that hard.

I walked towards to my bed and picked my phone. I started looking for his number and press send. Once again, it was unavailable so I left a message.

"Oh hey, Niall. It's Liam." I chuckled. My heartbeat was racing. My voice sounded so weird because of my nervousness. "I just... want to... uhm..." I started second guessing the words that I'm going to say. I really don't want to sound so weird on the phone.

"ask if you... meant what you said earlier. Please call me back as soon as you can... and I..." I said then paused. I stopped pacing from my room and took a deep breath to gather all the courage I can get. This is a very critical moment of my life. Screwing up is not an option.

"I... I love you too, Niall."

With that, I can feel every thumping of my chest, getting stronger and stronger every beat. The air on my lungs keeps getting shorter and shorter every time I breathe in. The slippery sensation on my hands is getting into me.

"Ever since that Ferris wheel ride we took on the amusement park last year..." I started explaining on how I started to fall in love with him but somehow it felt so wrong.

"You know what, never mind."

Then, I press the end call button on my phone. I know that I'd hate myself later for doing this. But confessing my feelings on the phone just don't feel right. I'd rather stutter in front of him while his crystal blue eyes are piercing my heart and see his expression than to wonder what would be like to confess something this important. Not seeing him kills me. I have to see him now!

Suddenly, my phone began buzzing and blinking, and I saw this unknown number. Once again, my heart thumped so crazy that it wants to rip out my chest open. Do I answer it? What if it's Niall?

My mind wanders as I stretched out my shaky hand to my phone lying on my bed. What ifs are the only thing that filled my mind. What if? What if? What if?

I pressed the send button and slowly put the phone on my ears. Having a shaky hand is not helping my situation either. My heart skipped a beat when I heard an Irish accent coming from the other line.

"Hello..." The voice spoke with an Irish accent.

Niall? It sounds like him but it's different. I know deep in my heart that this is not Niall. His voice sound sweet, innocent angelic voice but this voice I'm hearing sounds a little unique. I can't quite put my finger on it.

"Hello..." I answered back.

"Could you pick up my brother tomorrow?"

My brother? This is definitely not Niall.

"Uh... who is this?" I asked politely.

"Oh sorry, Liam. This is Greg, Niall's brother." I heard chuckling on the other line.

I let out a relief sigh. Greg! Of course! Why didn't I figure it out soon enough? Stupid Liam!

"Oh sorry, Greg. I didn't recognize your voice. How... how is Niall? Is he okay?" I asked hesitantly. I didn't want to alarm Greg that I felt something special to his little brother. I'm not even sure if he came out already to his family. It's not my place to butt in on Niall's personal life.

"Uhh... sure." I said hesitantly first but this aching heart of mine wants to see Niall so bad; there's nothing I can do but to agree with Greg. "I'll leave tonight." I continued before I hung up the phone.

Then, there it was. My body began to tremble due to the face that I just realize that in a couple of hours I'd be seeing the Irish boy that made my heart flutter and made my life more meaningful. I can't help but to smile at the thought of seeing his charming smile and the eyes that hypnotize my whole being.

"What should I do?" I asked myself. I start pacing again. Breathing seems to be a difficult task to do. I rubbed my palms together to calm myself down.

"Right, I should call the ferry to secure a ticket." I start dialing my phone to call to the ferry station in Holyhead.

There was ringing on the other line, it made my heart race.

"Good evening, this is the Holyhead Ferry Station. How may I help you tonight?" The voice spoke on the other line.

"Hi! Good evening!" My voice broke into high-pitched tone. It was very obvious that I'm extremely nervous. I cleared my throat before I dared to speak again. "I need a ferry ticket from Holyhead to Dublin Port." I spoke while my fist is clenched on my shirt.

(Author's Note: Just to clarify, I really don't know if there's a ferry station on Holyhead. I'm just using Google Maps. I really don't know if it's that accurate.)

"Let me check the computer if there are available seats. Please hold on." The voice on the other line answered. I shut my eyes off and cross my fingers that this would work on my favor. I was literally down on my knees and pray for some kind of miracle.

Sweat was pouring out of my pores. Biting my nails is all I can do to control my nerves. Not a moment later, a voice spoke on the other line.

"Good news."

I let out a relief sigh. Thank God! A sudden wave of emotion hits me. My eyes started to become watery. Am I crying?

Why? Yes, because in a couple of hours I'd be able to see that smile. I'd do whatever it takes to see the smile that means everything to me.

"We have a couple of seats remaining."

"I'd take one, please!" I answered right away before this chance could get away. I'm too excited to think to decline.

"Okay then. You'd have to be here by 9:45 PM because we'd start boarding passengers by ten o'clock sharp."

I turn around to look at my wall clock, it states 7:25 PM. I realized that there's one problem, from London to Holyhead takes five hours.

How am I going to get to the ferry station in less than two hours?

* * * * * 

Here's a short update. I hope you guys will like it.

So what do you think Liam will do to get to the ferry station with a very limited time?

Have fun reading! Don't forget to vote, comment, or fan me :)