Newt x Reader - The Heart

By aerovxoid

After getting out of the maze alongside your brother and close friend, you cant trust anyone, especially afte... More

DISCLAIMER
Safe Haven.
Is this safe haven really safe?
Is This Safe Haven Really Safe? (pt.2)
The Escape
Shuck Minho
Dont Touch Me
A/N
Because of Me
Goodbye
Jorge and Brenda
Hang Tight
A/N
A/N
Thoughts
Party Of The Living Dead
Bertha
The Right Arm
The Attack
A/N
IMPORTANT
The Attack
The Rescue
A/N
Hes Not Here
I got tagged
End It That Way Too
5k special????
gimmie some questions
Long Ride
Flashback
Old Friend
Whats so Funny?
im bad at this.
Bastard
10K!!!❤
Pinkie Promise
Miss Me?
The Inevitable
im a mess rn
Finding A Way
-Thank you-
New Book
TikTok
Im Sorry
Editing/Revising

Cranks

10.3K 228 203
By aerovxoid

I sit up on my elbows and examine the room I am in. Its dark with only few dim lights shining. I hear people mumbling outside of where I am.

"I will put her pants back on." Says a boy with a odd accent.
"No I will." Says a familiar voice.
"No guys let me do it." I heard another boy speak up.
What are they talking about?
I look down at my legs and see white bandaging wrapped around my thigh. Where the piece of glass used to be.
Looking at my legs something was off...as if I was missing something. It just looked so bland and...
"SHIT!" I scream. I realize my pants are missing.
Is that what they were arguing about?!
I hear the door being slammed open. It hits the wall hard with a loud bang. I quickly grab a sheet from where I am lying down and cover my body.
"Are you okay.?" I hear a British boy say.
"Just peachy! And to let you guys know, i'm putting my own pants on." I say sternly trying to hide my tomato ridden face. They nod their heads. I can see their faces are also red with embarrassment.
"Also..." I said shakily. "Who took my pants off in the first place?" There is a few seconds pause in between my question. I see a hand slowly rise to the air. I look at their face and notice its Newt. He puts his head down and closes his eyes. For some reason i'm the most okay with him being the one who did it.
Why is that?
"Whatever." I say. "Just please give me my pants back." I say bringing my hand outwards towards Newt. He slowly wakes closer to me and hands me my pants. He try's not to look at me probably out of pure embarrassment. I smirk at his face.
Cute... Wait what?
I shake my head at that thought.
"Leave now. Please." I say. Everyone nods and hurriedly rushes out of the room. I wait until the door is completely shut before I get up. I swiftly pull my pants up. I walk out of the room and look around.
Seems like were in some sort of mall?

Everyone looks at me. I furrow my brows at them in confusion. "What?" I question. "N-Nothing, its just that we found some new clothes for you. There is a place to get dressed behind the curtain right there." Thomas points at a curtain that strung up by what looks like clothing hangers. I give him a fake smile that only last' a few seconds before my mouth goes back to its vertical line. I begin to walk over towards the curtain and push it open slightly. I peek in to see pieces of clothes folded neatly in the middle of the floor. I step in and close the curtain behind me. I sigh. I grab the clothes and examine them. There's Black skin tight jeans and a white tank top, as a under shirt. They paired it with a black sweater that kinda looked to small for me but I shrugged it off. I slip off my pants and attempt to put on the new ones. I groan and squeeze my eyes shut as I hit right on my injury.

"Are you okay?" I hear someone say. I recognize the voice as Aris. "Yeah" I respond "Yeah i'm fine..." I take a little bit of a break, I examine my wound on the floor with my legs still to my ankles. I hear Thomas begin to speak.

"Alright, we need to split up, cover more ground." HE continues "Minho you're with me, Newt and Fry stay here and Aris, Teresa and Winston stay close by." I hear people scurrying in a hurry. I try again to pull my pants up but to no avail. As they are further up than they were before there is no way i'm going to be able to pull these up by myself. I take a deep breath. "U-um...guys." I say shakily as anxiety begins to rise in me making my face turn tomato red. "Yeah.." I hear the two boys in the room with me respond. "I know this is a lot to ask... and really weird but um..." I take a deep breath before I continue. "C-Can someone help me pull my pants up the rest of the way?" I ask. There's a long a long pause.

I cant believe im going to let a BOY pull my pants up. It makes me feel so weak... I haven't let a boy touch me since Aaron and Eric left me, and before that I haven't been touched since...IT happened...

Tears begin to well up in my eyes at that thought. What if it happens again...

"I got it..." I hear Newt respond. I hear him slowly get up and walk over towards the curtain. A tear is released from my eyes as he walks in. The thought of it happening hurts me. He try's not to look down by I can tell its hard.

"Lets just get this over with..." I say. I look to my side. I hear Newt slowly get close and closer to me. I close my eyes shut and a few more tears come out. I can feel him grab my pants. "Ready?" He says. I nod still looking to the side. He slowly shimmy them upwards, his thumbs slowly grazing the sides of my legs making me jump by every movement. "Why are you crying, Love?" He asks. Love? "Don't wanna talk about it..." I say. He nods and continues pulling up my pants. I groan in pain as he slightly grazes my wound. I slightly fall to the side but Newt catches me by the waist supporting my fall. I hold every urge in my body back from the want to push his hand off of my waist, but something stops me. Why? What is happening? Something about his touch relaxed me more than anything. "You alright?" He asks. "Yeah lets just finish this." I say finally meeting his gaze. I look into his chocolate brown eyes and I feel a smile start to tug against the corners of my lips. He smiles back. I shake my smile away and look back to the side. I can see the his smile fades from my peripherals. My heart hurts at that sight. Why? I have never felt this way before... I mean not since Aaron that is... He continues to shimmy my pants up until they are up to my waist. He begins to button them up, He stands taller now, only a few inches away from my body. I can feel his warm breathe on my neck that sends shivers down my spine. I still hate the feeling of this but with him its... Different. He finishes buttoning my pants. "Thank you..." I say slowly walking backwards away from him. I put my head down and begin to feel my cheeks burn up. "Anytime..." He says before walking out. I sigh as he leaves. I take my shirt off and begin to put on the white tank top, under shirt. I than put on the black sweater. I look in the mirror. I put my (Y/H/L) hair down and let my hair rest on my shoulders. I place on my boots and push the curtain out of my way. I walk out and it seems the Fry and Newt have just finished grabbing as much as they can. Newt walks up to me and hands me a flashlight. "Thanks." I say. He nods and swings a back pack over his shoulders. He walks away and I follow behind him. I grab a backpack that Fry is holding out for me and sling it over my shoulders and across my back. We walk out to be what I believe used to be a clothing store. Teresa and Winston soon come and join us outside of the store.

"Wheres Thomas and Minho?" I ask. I look left and right trying to see any sign of the two boys. But Nothing-

"RUN!" We hear someone from out left say. I turn my head VERY aggressively to my left, to see what all the noise was. I turn and see Thomas and Minho running our way. Thomas is waving his hand urging us to run forward. "RUN!" We hear Thomas sing again. "Come on guys!"I yell as I grab Aris and Newts sleeve and pull them a little ahead. We all turn on out heels and begin running away from Thomas and Minho. Me leading I run to a turn to the left that I believed would take us to a staircase. I look over my shoulder to see who was behind me. Minho and Thomas have caught up to the rest of us, and Thomas is standing by Teresa. Newt is falling behind slightly as he is limping like I am. I turn back on my heels, trying not to think about my injury. "Come on you guys!" I scream one more time. I see a staircase ahead of me and take that as an opportunity to get ahead of the Cranks. "This way guys!" I yell. I begin to run faster as the thought of my injury slips out of my mind, like water. I try to slide on the floor to allow me to stop in front of the staircase. I stand to the side and push everyone onto the staircase. I get on after Newt and begin to run up the staircase, but a crank grabs my ankle and nearly yanks me off the side of the staircase. I scream as it pulls on my injured knee. I kick it in the face as hard as I can but it doesn't give up. "(Y/N)!" I hear many yell from above me. I recognize one of the voices as Newt. "I'M FINE KEEP GOING!" I yell as I still fight for the crank to let go of me. I see more cranks run up the staircase, inching closer and closer to me.  I finally kick the Crank hard enough to kick it off of my ankle. I stand up swiftly and begin to limp up the stairs. I continue running, not daring to look behind me. I soon catch up with everyone. "This way!" I hear Winston say from ahead. I begin to run faster and faster. I catch up to Winston and everyone bolts it down a narrow passageway. I hear screams coming from the cranks as they trip over each other. My chest begins to hurt as my lungs are begging for air. We make it to a opening that has to doors. I run to the door and try to push it open.

"SHIT ITS STUCK!" I say. I kick the door with my good leg but it doesn't budge. Thomas, Minho and Frypan begin trying to pry the door open. "I got you guys covered!" Winston says as he pulls his gun out from its holster. HE points it towards the Cranks that are inching closer and closer. "Guys get that damn door open!" Winston scream again. I hear the shrieks of the Cranks getting louder and louder, causing tears to well up in my eyes. "MOVE!" I yell at the boys. They step to the side of the door. I run to the back of the little room we are in and I sprint as fast as I can towards the door, that's holding us. I run straight into it with my right shoulder and the door fly's open, causing my to land on the ground. I groan as I feel stabbing pains in my shoulder. I feel two pairs of hands grabbing me by the sweater and pulling me straight up. I notice it to be Aris and Newt. "Are you okay?" Aris asks. I nod. I see Thomas and Teresa run out of the door. I push Newt and Aris in front of me and begin running away from the door. I turn around to the sound of scream. I recognize the screams as Winston. I turn to see him stuck in between the doors, with hands pouring out of the opposite side of the doors. They are scratching his stomach. Minho and Fry manage to pull Winston out of the doors. I see them begin to run towards us and i take that as our cue to keep running. So I put my hand on Aris' back and push him to run further. I begin to hear more footsteps running towards us. I turn over my shoulder and see Cranks running right behind Thomas.

We ran until we were back into the main lobby. Thomas ushers us under a slab of concrete that's to the right of where we came down. We all crouch under the slab. Fry and Minho pass Winston to me. I drag him further until my back is scrapping on the concrete. Newt crouch's right by me. "Are you okay?" I hear Newt whisper into my ear. I look at him. "Yeah... I think so." I say. He gives me a somber smile. He slightly wraps his arm around my shoulders. I stiffen at the touch of him. He notices this and instead rests his hand on my shoulder. I smile to myself. It fades quickly as I look down and Winston. He looks terrible. His eyes are red and puffy, and there is sweat that is dripping from his hair. His breaths are quick and small. I lightly place my hand on the side of his cheek and stare at the boy. He closes his eyes. I look at Newt and notice that he is looking ta Newt with sweaty eyes. I take my hand off of Winston and wrap my arms lightly around Newt into a small hug. He slowly returns it. I stiffen at his touch once again as I hate it, but he needs comforting. Hes hurting and I can see it. "This is a one time thing.." I whisper to him. I let out a small chuckle. "Because I dont like touching people." I laugh lightly again. He doesn't laugh. "Thank you..." He breaths out. I break at the sound of his voice. He sounds so broken. I let go of him and look at him. He returns my gaze. I smile at him. And he smiles back.

Its like we came full circle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 3.1K 11
Second Book of His Glue!! Escaping the Maze was difficult, but surviving the Scorch will be nearly impossible. And with W.I.C.K.E.D after you, stayi...
74.1K 1.9K 31
Third and final book in my Newt x reader series. Order: Dance In The Dark Someone To Stay Say You Won't Let Go -𝙸'𝚖 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝...
228K 5.7K 17
When Gally gets left behind by the gladers, a group fighting against WCKD finds him and patches him up. In that group there's a girl, Finley, who's b...
2.2M 59.6K 42
❝But now I know that wherever we are, or whatever we're doing, we'll always have each other.❞ You woke up in the Maze two years ago with no memories...