Poison

By Karli_Girl

Christine Wilson left S.H.I.E.L.D. long before the Avengers were formed.She should have known that it would n... More

Case file
epigraph
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Epilogue

Chapter Nine

1.3K 45 3
By Karli_Girl

Glass shattered around the team as robots starting flying everywhere. Steve reacted first amongst them, he kicked the coffee table towards one of them. The coffee table absorbed some of the impact, but Steve and Christine were still sent sailing backward.

They were thrown over the couch and onto the ground. Her side hit the floor first and could tell that she was going to be bruised. The sharp pain an obvious indication of that. She heard Steve groan from a few feet away. Gunshots rang around them and she could hear the whine from the robots.

"Steve?"

"I'm good" he retorted as he rose to his feet.

She soon followed suit. Their enemies had scattered the team in various directions. Clint had found refuge underneath a table, forced to rely on his quick wits without any weapons. Maria was using the couch for cover as she shot at the legionnaires.

Christine jumped into action. Throwing a few shadow weapons at one of the robots, she was able to knock it to the ground. This didn't stop it from still shooting at her. She kept her head low as she called for Thor. He barely looked before throwing his hammer at the robot. The now decapitated robot fell to the ground and she watched his head roll over towards the bar.

"Christine!"

She looked just in time for her to catch the gun being tossed to her. Maria nodded at her before going back to her cover behind the couch.

"We're here to help." it kept repeating.

Christine wasted no time and began using her new weapon. She used one of her shadow shields and freely walked directly towards a robot that was shooting at her. The shield absorbing every shot.

When she emptied her clip into a few of the robots, she resorted to using her shadows.

"Dr.Cho?" She called as she realized that she wasn't in eyesight. She surveyed the room and saw her cowering underneath the Piano. A robot was in front of her and he looked like he was about to shoot at her. Christine quickly threw her empty gun at the robot and caught its attention.

It turned and was met by Steve's shield.

"That was dramatic." Ultron states. It begins to pace back and forth, the scraping of the metal against the ground echoing. "I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through."

Christine gave an exasperated sigh."That usually happens when someone attacks me."

Ultron's head tilts to the side, almost as if he is thinking about his next response. "You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to evolve?"

He picks up one of the dismantled robots. "With these? These puppets?"

Christine looks at Tony, yet again. He makes eye contact from his seat on the stairs.

"There is only one path to see: the Avengers extinction"

Tired of hearing his vague threats, Thor launches his hammer at Ultron and he is smashed to pieces.

I had strings, but now I'm free. There are no strings on me, no strings on me.

~

Christine followed after Tony and Bruce into the lab. She stayed a few steps behind everyone else, trying to distance herself.

"All our work is gone," Tony states. "Ultron cleared out, used the internet as an escape hatch"

"He's been in everything; Files, surveillance...probably knows more about us than we know about each other."

A few members of the team gave sneaking glances at Christine and she scoffed. Anger coursed through her veins and she tried her best to control it. The fists that were held by her sides, tightened. The sting of her nails digging into her palms was a welcoming feeling. She couldn't tell who to direct her anger towards Tony or Ultron.

She listened on as Tony explained that Ultron had access to everything on the internet.

"What if he decides he wants something a little more exciting?"

"Nuclear codes," Maria says.

Christine pushed off the wall that she was leaning on and tried her best to become engaged. "We need to call someone about that."

"Assuming we still can" Someone mumbles underneath their breath.

Silence fell on the team as they realized how formidable their enemy was. The destruction in the other room was proof of it.

Clint was the first to break the silence."He said that he killed someone?"

Tony taps something on his tablet and a disfigured holographic image pops up. What once was the image of JARVIS's consciousness, was now a pixelated mess. Its image was unclear and no one could tell what they were looking at anymore.

Suddenly, a commotion was heard and Christine realized that she had zoned out. Thor was holding Tony in the air by his throat. She rolled her eyes as everyone tried to pry the large man from Tony. She couldn't blame him. We were all angry at Tony for this. If Thor hadn't beat her, she probably would have done the same thing. Somehow Tony was able to talk his way out of the god's grip and he was dropped on the ground.

"I'm confused," Dr.Cho begins. "You built this program, why is it trying to kill us?"

A sharp laugh pierces through the air. She whipped her head over to Tony as he wiped a tear from his eye.

"You think this is funny?" Christine accuses.

"No, it's probably not, right? This is all very terrible." He nods along to his own comment.

She gritted her teeth. "Maybe if you weren't screwing around with that damn thing. This wouldn't have happened."

"Yeah, Tony maybe this is not the time to..." Bruce interrupts us.

"Really?" Tony raises his arms, questioning.

Bruce walks to Tony and replies."Only when I've created a murder bot."

"We didn't!"

Christine groans.

"The Avengers are supposed to be different than S.H.I.E.L.D, Tony!" Steve says.

Tired of hearing them argue once again, Christine made her way out of the lab. Once outside of the room, she regarded the trashed house. She stepped over the broken furniture and glass and sauntered over to her room. Closing the door behind her, she slid down the door until she was seated. The fight had left even more tired than before but she knew that she was not going to be able to sleep through the night.

The foreign sensation of tears burned behind her eyelids. Trying to swallow past the lump in her throat was harder than she thought. She hadn't cried in a long time and she didn't plan on crying over a minor inconvenience.

After a few deep breaths, the sensation went away. Christine's joints protested as she made her way to the bathroom. As she was about to close the door, someone knocked on the door. She called out for them to come in and in walked Steve.

She raised her eyebrows at him.

"You left."

"Didn't feel like hearing the argument." Christine shifted her weight.

"I know he means well-"

"He still screwed up and now we have a robot-who has access to nuclear codes- after us."

He didn't respond, instead, he changed the subject. "You leaving?" he motioned towards the Duffle bag she had.

"Fury asked me to help you find the Tesseract. Or Loki's Scepter," She shrugged a shoulder. "I did my job."

Steve nodded and took that as his cue to leave. He began to leave when he paused before opening the door. "Ultron has access to all of our files, even if you aren't officially apart of the team. He won't care."

"I'd like to see him try."

With that, he left and Christine was once again by herself.

———————————————————

Thank you for the support.

Vote.Comment.Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

565 88 18
From being a Widow to a Hydra soldier, Y/N never really had control in her life, even when she was free, she was never free from the nightmares and f...
77.5K 1.3K 44
From the time she can remember she was trained, beaten, and worked to the breaking point. But when an unknown group saves her and the winter soldier...
51.8K 1.7K 61
B12. That was what HYDRA had called her ever since she had been snatched from her parent's grasps at the young age of 4. She had been experimented on...
4.1K 100 32
'Kiss me hard before you go. summertime sadness' ~ "breaking up with him has got to be the most hard thing i've eve had to do,but it was also the rig...