Black Canary (2) • boyxboy |...

By aestheticpale

Sequel of Black Canary "They say everyone's born a hero. But if you let it, life will push you over the line... More

Prologue
Part 1
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
Part 2
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50

15

802 24 1
By aestheticpale

Downtown Star City
Drake Lance

I walk into my backstage room for today's event for the local morning show and see everyone from Team Arrow sitting down. They wear merch with my band logo on it and I get embarrassed and laugh at each one of them. My band members follow me from behind and I introduce them to the Team Arrow family.

"I'm so proud of you!" Felicity says hugging me tightly and I hug her too and see the boys of Team Arrow stand behind with their hands in their pockets. She lets go and begins to pat my black blazer off and I turn to the mirror checking out the outfit that was given to me to wear by Dior. I wear a black blazer, with nothing under leaving my chest bare and open, along with black pants and black combat boots.

Will walks up to me and stands next to me in the mirror and I quickly take a photo of us together. I don't post it due to wanting to keep Will on the low especially with my connection with Black Canary on the media, Green Arrow's son will only fire it up more. I continue to take pictures of us and play with my blonde hair with my hands. The entire team then photo bombs the photo and I smile knowing this is a photo I'm going to keep forever.

I decided to keep my hair blonde as the new look suits me now. I am a new person, I'm done with the darkness, and in with the light. I hear a knock on my backstage door and Diggle opens it up and I spot my father.

"Dad." I say happy he showed up and quickly walk over to him and we hug each other. This is the first time seeing him since I abandoned the city. Not again, not ever. "I'm glad you made it." I say and then see everyone smile knowing this is the reunion they've been waiting for.

"I wouldn't miss it for anything." He says proudly and hugs everyone else reuniting with them also. One of the production workers walk into the room and calls for me and the band and I nod telling him I'll be there in 5.

"Good luck out there." Everyone tells me and the band and I head out into the stage. My band members begin to set themselves up in their assigned positions and instruments on the stage. The stage has sick props of giant cages and a city skyline prop of Gotham in the background. I walk up to the microphone stand and pull the mic out and hold it in my hand as this is going to get crazy. I look into the outskirts of the stage to find a full and packed crowd screaming as I walk in.

"How are we today Star City?" I speak into the mic and the crowd screams. I then turn around checking up on my band and they nod signaling that they are ready for the song we are about to play. I turn back to my crowd and chuckle. "How do you guys like the new hair?" I say hinting at the song we're going to play.

My band members begin to play the electric guitar and I begin to sing my song.

Black Canary (originally by Jesse) - Born To Be Blonde

I was born to be blonde, I was raised by my mom
She was made for the job, she's a saint like Laurent
I was born to be blonde so I say what I want
I get paid when I want, I get laid when I want
I was born to be blonde, maybe all of us are
If you gave it a try you would feel like a star
I was born to be blonde and you were born to be too
You were born to be me, I was born to be you

I was born to be blonde, too shallow for you
I'm Axl Rose in '84 (yeah) or in a throne we can too (no)
Like Rodman on the court hanging with Kim Jong Un
Better warn you I'm blonde, you never know what I'll do
Always havin' more fun, (yeah) it's sad but it's true
I'm Chanel winter fall, you're Michael Kors at the mall
I'm Madonna with Pac, (yeah) like we dance and that shit fucked (fucked)
I was born to be blonde, (hey) I'm a fucking icon (ah!)

Scabs on my scalp, burning my roots
And when it's all over, god-damn, I'll look cute
Splittin' my ends, purple shampoo
Then I think I might be ready for you
I was born to be blonde, I was raised by my mom
She was made for the job, she's a saint like Laurent
I was born to be blonde, can't tell me I'm wrong
I was born to be blonde, I'm gettin' bored of this song

My band goes ham on their solos after I finish off and my backup singers continuing singing and I begin to dance a little on the stage. I move around swiftly and then look into the crowd hyping them up. As I continue dancing to the solo I look into the buildings of Star City and spot a light reflecting off from what could be the scope of a sniper on top of a roof. I stop dancing and begin to draw more attention to it and then hear someone in the crowd shout, "There's a dot on your chest!"

I look at my chest and then suddenly I hear the sound of the sniper. The bullet doesn't impact me fast enough and I look over to my side seeing Diggle tackling me into the ground. As Diggle tackles me, I see the bullet pierce right through his shoulder.

I lay in the ground and look over Diggle bleeding out. I rise up from the ground and watch the crowd scream and run away. My band members evacuate and I quickly look at Diggle checking on him.

"Go! Get the shooter!" Diggle says being okay and not wanting me to worry about him. I take his order and look at the same rooftop to see the scope being moved and the building isn't that far away. I ditch Diggle and jump off the stage running towards the building and interrupting traffic as I run through busy intersections.

When running down an avenue a giant black SUV drives fast towards me and I scream at it causing it to crush itself. Another SUV comes from behind and surrounds me stopping in front of me. It lets out a group of 5 League of Assassins ninjas and I get angry.

They all attack and I quickly block their moves and use them against each other. I grab on to their swords and slice open cuts on them and knock the others out. Crowds of people run away screaming as I have a new challenge trying to bring these ninjas down. I kick them in the face and one of them swipes their sword on to the sleeve of my $2,000 custom made Dior blazer.

"Now you've really pissed me off." I say to the ninja and scream at him throwing him against a car. "SCCCCCREEEEEEEEEEEE." I look at all the ninjas on the floor knocked out and walk towards one and grab him by the collar throwing him against the crushed SUV. "Talk or I'll shove your sword so far up your ass." I threaten the ninja and he doesn't. I get ready to scream until I see a arrow fly towards me but then a sword slides down in front of me blocking it from killing me.

I look over at my shoulder and see Deathstroke standing in full gear and armor besides me. "Saved you... again." He says and I bash the ninja's head into the SUV car knocking him out. We both stand together and from all this chaos we spot the hooded Ghost Archer standing a couple feet from us.

"He's mine." I say pickpocketing one of Slade's weapons from his belt and run towards the Ghost Archer. I use Slade's weapon which is actually a wire and jump on to a car bouncing on it and kicking the Ghost Archer's bow from him. I climb on to his shoulders and wrap my legs around his neck and then begin to choke him out with the wire.

The Ghost Archer begins to struggle and grabs on to my thighs holding it tight trying to throw me off. I wrap my legs around him tighter not budging to move. The Ghost Archer quickly slams himself against a car and I lose balance and he grabs on to my blazer and throws me on to the opposing car.

I crash onto the window of the car and quickly roll over to the ground as he walks towards me. The Ghost Archer reaches for his riffle and aims it at me and shoots but I quickly reflect the bullet with my silver gauntlet underneath my sleeve and the bullet ricochets into the shoulder of the Ghost.

The Ghost Archer groans and quickly sticks his fingers into the wound and pulls the bullet out. Slade then jumps from behind and the Ghost Archer quickly moves dodging Slades blade. They both fight it out with their blades, cutting each other up. It all ends when the Ghost Archer throws a hard kick at Slade's chest throwing Slade to a car. The Ghost picks the riffle back up and aims it at a worn out Slade.

"SCCCCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE." I scream at the Ghost and the riffle flies off but he still doesn't budge. I quickly run towards the Ghost and the Ghost takes out a knife playing with it in his fingers.

As I get close and personal, the Ghost attempts to stab me multiple times and I quickly block each and every attack. I focus hard and begin to get exhausted as he's fast. I take an opportunity and quickly go in for a punch at the face as his hood falls down but the mask still on. He gets distracted by my punch and I quickly kick him against a van and he slams against it. He's not THAT strong.

I dash towards him and slam my knee on to the chest slamming him back into the van and then go in for a punch but he blocks it. He then throws a punch to my face and then grabs on to me. I quickly wrap my leg around his leg and then throw him to the ground instead before he does but he still grabs on to me.

The Ghost quickly gets up and then wraps his hands around my neck choking me and raising me in the air. He then slams me to the ground and attempts to smash his foot on to my face but I move quickly.

I get back up and we fight it out as I take most of the hits of the Ghost and each hit hurts more than the last. As we fight I notice he has strong endurance and I quickly move behind behind him and grab on to his face and throw him over me.

The Ghost Archer catches his fall but his mask falls off on to the ground and I stand away watching The Ghost. The Ghost stands up and then turns around slowly staring at me as he grabs onto a pistol on his leg and I can't believe what I see.

"Ollie?" I say softly and shocked, and freeze as I've seen an actual ghost. I stare at the scars and damage on his face and see MY Ollie.

As I say Ollie's name, he doesn't recognize me at all. He stares at me with hate and anger and it doesn't stop him from aiming the gun at me.

I then see a grenade fly over me and towards Ollie and it explodes on impact throwing the car on to him. I quickly get down blocking the smoke with my amazon made gauntlets and they absorb the shock. I stop blocking the shock and watch smoke disappear to only find no body from the explosion.

I look behind me to see an exhausted Slade leaning against one of the SUVs. "We need to go." Slade says and I begin to hear sirens and but I'm still frozen. I feel the pain and flashbacks flood back in and I can't escape them. I begin to breathe hard and feel tears running in.

SCPD patrol cars and SWAT team vans surround me and reality snaps back. I worry for Slade and turn around to see him gone with the air and nowhere to be found. Cops and SWAT jump out and they spot me and arrest the League Of Assassins members that lay on the ground.

I spot Dad running towards me and grabbing my shoulders and I begin to cry. This is my fault. "Drake!" My father says wanting to know what happened and I stare at the chaos around me. "What's wrong?"

"I-It's Ollie... I-It was him." I say as I shake being confused with what's happening. I wipe my tears from my eyes and I try to focus and repress those emotions. I need to figure this out.

"Drake... Oliver is dead." He says confused and I can't believe that. That's what I've told myself to move on. I know what I saw and it was Ollie.

"I need to get out of here." I say and push my Dad away softly from me. I run off into an alleyway and try to focus. I lean against the exposed brick wall and close my eyes and I see him again. I remember the night he died, and now here is, alive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 5.6K 43
"He's quite the bad ass." Green Arrow x Black Canary (male)
1.1K 36 10
Long ago before there was heroes protecting the world from those who seek to destroy it or rule it but unordinary tragic struck which force the last...
3.8K 147 26
"My name is Lydia Rooke. For five years I was stranded on an island with only one goal. Survive. Now I have returned to my city with a new mission. T...
4.9K 364 8
𝐏𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐈𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 | ❝ I will always find you. ❞ Everyone can turn into something great, at least that's what Jordan St. John sincerely bel...