New Beginning

By Fierylight

My heart hammered against my chest as I walked up the steps to the house. He's going to hate me...mayb... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Announcement

Chapter 50

12.2K 269 38
By Fierylight

Kaine's POV

We all watched as my stunning mate handled the situation with ease. I had a feeling that she'd have the leg work done by warrior wolves, and she only needed Link and I for support. No one but us could possibly understand her in the way she needed. When she was done she watched the small cleaning crew do as she had instructed, clean up the bodies properly. When she said give them forgiveness and a proper burial, I knew it. She felt guilty and responsible of the entire situation manifesting. 

As we sat with her in her room, I knew she was doing her best to keep it together. This is all real and we're all impacted by her decisions now. More than likely, we'll all be moved to Castle and the areas around it. I know Winter will help Lincoln take on the responsibility of this pack, but also hold the responsibility of every single pack around. She cares deeply, and sometimes too deeply. She's wholesome and kind, she will serve well and many will love her. 

When she said she may love us both, my heart skipped. This is the scared little girl that we met, the one who hides behind a mask of trouble and honesty. She's a shy and fearful little girl, and she knew that judgement will come. That means she only cares about our opinions, which means she's already coming out from that mask. She's becoming something more, someone more than her baggage. 

"You know we love you, and we wouldn't judge you. You're ours, you're our world. You mean more to us than anything else. It's not you against the problem, baby." Lincoln said kissing her hand.

"It's us three against the problem. You've got an army to stand behind you, babe." I spoke gently, she nodded and stared at our hands. She's not the best with eye contact when she gets into this- mindset.

"This feeling you have, Winter. This is what it's like to be an alpha. It's unfair and it takes a toll, but you are strong and you will be the best." Link kissed her cheek.

"I don't feel strong, I feel like s***." She chuckled at herself.

"Take it from an outside perspective. You are strong, you are brave, you are deserving of any and all good. Trust and believe." Link spoke smiling at her. I watched him with her, he has that look in his eyes. The one he gets around us, the same one he gets when he's happy, the same one he gets when he did something worth it. It's hope and faith, it's love. 

"Winter." She looked over at me. I brushed her hair out of her face. "I love you more than you will ever know. Since I saw you when I tackled you in class from a fight. Since the library. Since you cared for me more than anyone has, you gave me a second chance at life. You did that. I will always love you, always. Lincoln and I  will always love you. Your purpose is change, you've started that journey with us, with you." She nodded, I saw the tears before they came, I felt them before they came. 

"Let's go see your family, babe. I'm sure they want to love you just as much as us right now." She nodded at Lincoln.

Her brothers attacked her in hugs and kisses. She smiled more and more as they did. She's deserving of love, always. 

We didn't leave for a week after the Veronica incident. Things have been squared away with the pack, the pack has met Winter and I. Her family has been supportive of everything. Lincoln has decided to let Winter decide where we go. 

We were asked to go to the Castle to meet the packs surrounding it. When we arrived it was insanely busy and hectic, but Winter was excited. She has a better relationship between her and her actual family. People have been very supportive of her lately. She definitely needs it, she bares the weight of the world on her shoulders willingly and never complains. 

"Winter, come on! We have to get ready!" Issy giggled as she pulled Winter to her feet from sitting outside with us all. "Time to get sexy-ified." She smiled, Winter's laugh echoed. They left the view, and it was soon just the group of us men. 

"Have you told her yet?" Beck asked sipping his beer with a smile.

"Not yet, we want her to enjoy the carefree life for a while longer." Link said sipping his beer. 

"What do you mean?" He chuckled to himself before getting quiet. "Beck?" He smiled at me gently.

"Haven't even run it past Kaine yet." Parker laughed gently. "Oof." He snorted.

"What?!" I snapped shoving Link gently earning a growl.

"Marriage." I snorted.

"We're basically all married to each other." He nodded and didn't look at me. 

"Moving together, living together. It's finicky with her." Beck said gently. "She doesn't like certain change."

"I think she'll handle it just fine." Link kissed my head and stood up quietly. "Lincoln what else? You guys are acting weird." They all smiled at me, I don't like that.

"Baby," I looked at Lincoln. "children." Oh.

"Good f****** luck." I said standing up and sighing. "I'm not even ready for that, let alone her being ready. How long did you want to bring this up?" He sighed at me and shook his head. "Lincoln Conrad Kormack." He growled at me.

"Your middle name is Conrad?!" Issac and Reed laughed.

"Kaine Oliver Hale." He snapped back at me.

"Tell me." He sighed and shook his head. "Lincoln!" He growled and glared.

"Since the beginning. That's usually when it all happens, moving in, marriage, children. I put it on pause because Winter's wellbeing was more important, her closure was more important." At least he waited.

"You are not bringing this up with her being here." He nodded.

"I know, I wasn't going to bring it up." He glared at Beck. 

"I want grand babies, so get on that." Olly said smiling at us both. She isn't going to like that. "Everyone should get ready, I'm sure the packs will be here soon." He left, and soon all of us were getting ready for the meeting. It's rare that the Royals open up the Castle to the public, but it's well guarded and overlooked. 

It didn't take long for us all to be ready, but we were still waiting for another hour before the girls finally came down. 

"Okay, so it was like pulling teeth, but she decided on her own about this outfit. She's still sexy, but it's her spin on the outfit." She looked stunning, so I can only imagine what Winter looks like. When she finally came down, Lincoln and I looked at each other with a smile. It wasn't a fancy expensive dress like Issy, it was a simple but stunning dress. Winter wore flat sandals, and had her hair down. She looked amazing in anything, but this topped the cake. There dress was a wine red, it fell to her feet, and it flowed easily with her movements. Her white/silver hair cascaded over her shoulders and back, all the way to her hips. Red looks good on her.

"Come on, I don't like being stared at." She tried to move past us all, but Lincoln stopped her gently. 

"Honey, let me take pictures!" Olly said giggling as he snapped as many as he could before she hid. "You look stunning, baby. Let us bask in your glory." He smiled and kissed her cheek. Issy stepped in and grabbed her hand, leading her to the stairs. "Photo shoot!" Winter looked to us for help but we shrugged and crossed our arms. After twenty minutes of her finally letting loose and posing with Issy, George came in and smiled.

"It's time."

When we all followed him, we were driven to the area that the ceremony was happening. When Winter saw just how many people there were, she started to panic. 

"I don't need to see them. I'm okay. We can go back." She was starting to breathe heavily as she tried to tug on Link and I. She's shy, like I said before.

"Honey," Beck said gently. "no one is going to judge you. You look amazing, you're stunning. You have others with you, you have your family. This is the time to make a good first impression baby. You aren't alone." She had his hands in hers, gripping them tightly. 

Winter's POV

The walk to the stage and podium area was possibly the most nerve wracking experience of my entire life. There were so many new people just waiting in anticipation. Guards surrounded the area to offer the Royal Family protection, I just happen to be included in that title now. I had my family with me and I wouldn't change that for the world. My nerves however, I wish they'd change. I wish they'd go away.

"Winter," Link spoked gently, kissing me on the temple. "we're all right here. We're all going into this together." He smiled at me gently. It was reassuring yes, but my nerves didn't waver. 

"I'm going to do a small speech, then introduce your family, then the boys, then you." George smiled at me. "You will probably have to say something quick, then we can move on to the after party." Nodding silently, I moved as the guards instructed us. When I saw my family walking up the steps to that stage, I froze in fear. What if something goes wrong? What if they don't like me or my family...

"Winter, what's wrong?" Landon whispered to me, ignoring that he and I were the last to get on stage. "It can't be nerves. Everyone is going to like you. George already started the speech and you're going to be up soon. All you have to say is something welcoming or something that will make everyone understand where you're coming from and what you'll do for them." He rubbed my arm.

"Landon, what if they don't like me. What if they don't understand what I'm doing here. Hell, I don't even know what I'm doing here. I can't do this." I went to leave only to be stopped by a firm grip on my arm. 

"Winter," Landon snapped at me, making me look to him. "pull it together, girl. You've had to face far worse than being seen by our community. You are safe here, George made sure of that. You are going to walk on stage in your hot dress and own it. You are going to show these people why they need you, a strong woman who is afraid of no person. You will win their hearts because you've been a topic of discussion for many years, Winter." I could only stare. "Have I ever led you down the wrong path?" He has a valid point. "Come on, your being introduced. You've got this."

Taking a deep breath, I moved towards the stage. All eyes were on me as I walked up the steps and over to George at the podium. My heart was hammering in my chest as I tried my best not to look at the large crowd. So many eyes, so many thoughts of judgement. 

"This everyone, this is my daughter, Whitaker- the White Wolf." Cheers and applause rang out within the very large crowd. I didn't know there were so many people like me. When I scanned the crowd I could only smile. I was welcomed with so many smiles and such happiness.

"Hello everyone." My voice wavered slightly as George let me have the microphone. My heart was beating so fast it might leap from my chest. My mind raced with so many thoughts, but my mouth was void of any words. Think, Winter. What would your friends tell you, what would your family do. I looked to my boys for help, but they only smiled at me. I made eye contact with them, and it calmed me greatly. Taking a breath I again faced the crowd. "Casually ignore my inability to speak in front of a crowd." Some laughs rang out. "I am Whitaker, you can call me Winter. I have been given a wonderful opportunity to embarrass myself." My grip on the wood tightened. "It's nice to know that there are so many people that offer support of the Royal family, and neighboring packs. I adore the idea that so many people can work together as a unit to ensure the safety and longevity of our kind. I'm not like other Royals or anyone you may know in high power. I don't require you to bow when I walk in a room, I don't expect you to keep your mouth shut if you don't agree with me, I don't expect you to bend to my will and kiss my ass." This caught everyone's attention. Most in the crowd were in shock. "Yes, my bloodline is Royal, however, my upbringing was not. I am of Royal status and blood, but I am also just the same as the next person in any pack. I will give you my respect and my kindness in return for the same. What I want, is to build relationships with as many of my people as possible. I want to rule in a way, if I rule, that there is always a compromise, there is always a middle ground. I want you all to ask questions, I want you to be curious, I want you to feel and know that you have input, I want you all to understand that I am here to help and build with you all. I don't want fear or concern to dictate every day life. I don't want those two things to get obedience. I want compliance with middle ground." Once the words started, they wouldn't stop. "I don't want anyone to go rogue anymore, I want to make sure that everyone is heard. If a pack member isn't heard, that leads to distaste and frustration which in turn leads to someone leaving the pack. I don't want that. I was sent here for a reason, one that I am entirely in dark about, but I can always start with the reason being to listen. Thank you." 

The last words fumbled from my mouth, but what I didn't expect was the roar of gratitude and utter happiness from the people. My nerves have settled and my heart rate has gone down. With that, I left the stage with my family to enjoy this after party like I should.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2M 141K 80
I was walking down the hallway when all of the Sudden I feel a hand grab me and pull me into a janitors closet . I let out a scream , not knowing w...
175K 5.7K 81
His hands cold, his eyes dark holding something that no one knows. A dark aura on him that makes people stay away. He's a loner, everyone avoids him...
92 16 23
I was falling, cascading into the dark chasm of sin and desire. I was unhinged, wild and free, giving in to everything I wanted. I would not hold bac...
22.5K 559 22
"You're not like him, that's why I want you! Please just listen! Ali you're special. You're kind, you're smart, you're beautiful-" "And you're a bul...