No Payne, No Gain

By Urb4nEden

“Promise you’ll never forget me?” I begged, my vision blurry with tears. “I promise.” Kate Robinson and Liam... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 - Part 1
Chapter 10 - Part 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 27

40.1K 372 91
By Urb4nEden

Chapter 27

When I had eventually arrived at home after a dramatically eventful day, I had cried myself to sleep, again. I seemed to be doing that a lot lately. I was pulled out of my dreamless slumber by the sound of someone at the door. I ignored it, tired as hell; my mum would have to go get it.

A few seconds later came another thunder of banging. Pulling myself out of bed, I slipped on my slippers. I walked down the stairs, probably resembling a zombie; my eyes half closed and my arms before me, feeling my way forwards. Once I had found the door handle, I pulled the heavy entry way open, blinking in the sudden sunlight.

“Hey Kate!” A familiar voice chirped. Before I could even try to remember whom the voice belonged to, I was encircled with a pair of arms. I tried to pries my eyes open, and once I had managed to, I saw a familiar head of blonde hair.

“Ellie!” I gasped. “What are you doing here?”

“I came to see you, silly!”

“Huh?” came my intelligent reply, which Ellie just laughed at.

“Well, the End of Term Performance is happening the day after tomorrow, so we have to practice!” she said happily.

I gaped. “Two days?”

She just nodded.

“Oh my God! I can’t do it!” I spluttered.

Ellie clapped her hands on my cheeks, looking me directly in the eyes. “Get yourself together, girl! Of course you can!”

After a few more minutes of me hyperventilating and Ellie trying to calm me, we plopped down on the sofa. She turned to me with a grin on her face. “How are things with Payne?”

I frowned, before looking away. “I don’t want to talk about it…”

“What happened? Tell me!”

“I really, really messed up,” I said, tears forming in my eyes as I turned to her. Instead of pushing further, Ellie pulled me into a hug. What would I do without her, huh?

------------------------

After Ellie had helped me pack, there was another knock at the door. No one opened the door, so I stood up, groaning. Where was everyone?

“Wait here, I’ll get it,” I said, turning to Ellie. She shook her head following after me down the stairs. I yanked the door open, not knowing who to expect.

“Jamie?” Ellie asked, stepping out from behind me, taking the words from my mouth.

 “Ellie?” He replied, completely ignoring me.

“Um, hello?” I said awkwardly. They continued to take no notice of me, even though I was standing between them, blocking their view of eachother.

“Oh my God, Jamie! Is that you?” Ellie squealed, regaining her composure and running towards my childhood friend. I watched as he held his arms open to catch her as she jumped into his arms.

What was going on?

­­------------------------

“So let me get this straight,” I started. “You met at a club in London?”

They nodded.

“And you exchanged numbers?”

“Yup,” Jamie said.

“And you met up, like, everyday?”

Ellie nodded, giggling slightly.

“Then what happened?”

“Well, I had to go back to Wolverhampton-“ Jamie started.

“-For school and stuff,” Ellie finished.

God, they even finished each other’s sentences. That was bad, like, really, really bad. Two of my closest friends were acting all lovey-dovey before me, just as I had messed up all my chances with Liam. Wasn’t that just swell?

Ellie continued. “So we eventually lost all contact-“

“-‘cause of the distance, you know.” Jamie said, completing the story.

I groaned, placing my head in my hands. “So are you together now then?”

Looking up, I saw them blush simultaneously. “Well, not really…” Ellie replied, trailing off.

Then Jamie turned to her, pulling her onto his lap. “Ellie, will you be my girlfriend?”

She squealed, before nodding madly, like those nodding dogs. I pretended to throw up; it was too much for me. When I looked back up again, I saw them kissing passionately. I left the room immediately, running up to my room.

Once I reached my beloved bedroom, I dived into the comfy sheets. Jamie had sure gotten over me fast, only the day before he had told me he was in love with me. But maybe I was just imagining things, just like I believed that Liam might actually still love me.

I drifted off to sleep, wondering why my life was so fucked up…

----------------------

“Kate!”

I turned to see Liam running towards me, arms wide. “Babe, I’m so sorry!”

Letting his arms encircle me, I breathed in. “I’m sorry too, Liam.”

He nodded, resting his chin on my head.

“I lied, you know,” I said, knowing I would have to tell him now, before I chickened out.

“What?” he said, pulling back so he could study my face.

“It was all lies,” I whispered, sighing when he continued to look confused. “I love you, Liam.”

He grinned, pulling me in for a kiss, but before our lips could meet, we were interrupted.

“Kate!”

My eyes fluttered open, to find a pair of blue ones staring back.

Ellie.

“Hi, Ellie,” I croaked. “I fell asleep.”

“Well, duh,” she said, flicking my forehead. “How could you fall asleep anyway? You just woke up.”

“Well, with you two canoodling downstairs, I didn’t really have much else to do…” I trailed off, smirking as she blushed. “Where is that little boyfriend of yours anyway?”

“Um, he had to go,” she replied, looking away. “Anyway, we have to go, so get up!”

A few hours later, we were sitting comfortably on the train. After a heartfelt goodbye to my mum, we were off. Hopefully, Liam was still in Wolverhampton, miles away from me, where I couldn’t hurt him or me anymore. But I knew that soon he would be back.

I sighed, looking out the window as the landscape flew past. Suddenly, I caught sight of an eagle. I didn’t even know eagles lived in south England, but there was the undeniable shape of the beautiful bird.

And for a moment I just wanted to be up there in the sky, even for just a minute; flying away from all my problems, all my fears, all I wanted. To fly away from Liam, so we couldn’t hurt each other anymore.

To fly away from my one true love.

~~~~~

Wow, an update twice in one week! I think.. 

What do you guys think? Please comment, vote, fan etc. I need 110 votes and 70 comments for the next chapter :) You managed more than that last chapter, so yeah..

There are still two more days left of the ONE SHOT COMP on the 25th chapter's A/N, so if you haven't entered do it now! All the details are there, but make sure you're a fan first! ;)))

This story has over 2,000 votes and 470,000 reads, so thank you so, so much! I love you!

Your's truly,

Eden xoxo

PS: Please send me some FAN ART. Pictures, drawings, covers, banners, videos, ANYTHING. I'll post them on the side >>> PLUS, you'll get a dedication, maybe a ONE SHOT too. Haha, writing in caps so you'll notice me :)))

Anyway, hope you liked it, sorry it's short and crappy :(

Look at his perfect face, omg >>>

Oh, and I love that song >> Labrinth is cool, I met his brother and sister ;) Anyways, listen to it :)) >>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 83 25
Kate is a high school student and works on top of that. She meets a group of unusual boys and falls in love with one of them, Just like her friends d...
22K 1K 47
The Best Kind Of Relationships Begin Unexpectedly When You Get The Astonished Feeling And Everything Happens So Suddenly That's Why You Don't Look Fo...
29.3K 706 41
You and Harry have been best friends your entire life, and have secret feelings for eachother. After Harry leaves for the X-Factor everything seems t...
796 4 16
Grace Lynch and Liam Payne were lovers from the very beginning. They did everything together, and loved each other with all of their hearts. After a...