A Story of Love

By maryc2793

This is another story of love which starts from the end; A story that will test love, its limitations and how... More

A Story of Love
Prologue
Chapter 1: Yes
Chapter 2: Diamond
Chapter 3: Dream Family
Chapter 4: Intimate
Chapter 5: Who You Love
Chapter 6: Signs
Chapter 7: Arrangements
Chapter 8: Twins
Chapter 9: Psychology
Chapter 10: Company
Chapter 11: Next Level
Chapter 12: First Day
Chapter 13: Troubles Start Now
Chapter 14: Jenna
Chapter 15: Sepanx
Chapter 16: Winner
Chapter 17: Consuming
Chapter 18: Separated
Chapter 19: Reunited
Chapter 20: Busy Days
Chapter 21: Eyes
Chapter 22: Bad Dream
Chapter 23: Break
Chapter 24: Transient
Chapter 25: Crazy
Chapter 26: Away
Chapter 27: Proof
Chapter 28: Hug
Chapter 30: Happy Sunday
Chapter 31: Daddy's Girl
Chapter 32: Nannies
Chapter 33: Together Forever
Chapter 34: Vena Amoris

Chapter 29: Impossible

389 14 6
By maryc2793

Jeric

“Today is my day,” I told myself the moment I opened my eyes this morning. I was smiling like an idiot as I walk my way to the bathroom.

Some good vibes music play in my head as I move to the beat of it. I started singing.

“Ahia, para kang timang. Anong meron?” Jeron said. He was still on the bed, probably woke up because of me. Apparently he was watching me.

“Today is my big day,” I said to him, gestured like I’m gonna shoot him with my index finger and thumb and winked.

“What’s up with you? You look overly happy. Para ka ng ewan,” Jeron said.

“I told you it is my big day,” I smiled and went inside the bathroom leaving my baby brother hanging.

I took my extra special ritual for this day. I took my time, ignoring Jeron’s whining outside our bathroom door that I was taking too much time and it’s his turn. He eventually got tired and shut up.

I dramatically opened the door like in a musical. I found Jeron in front of our TV. He already looked dressed up.

“Antagal mo, Ahia, talo mo pa si Dichi. Kina Mom na ako naligo,” he stubbornly said like a baby.

“Don’t kill my vibe baby brother,” I said and smiled at him.

Jeron was about to say his comment when our door swung open. It was Almira. Right after she opened the door she made face and wrinkled her nose.

“What is that smell? Who used perfume as water while taking a bath?” she asked.

“Not me,” Jeron said and pointed to me. I just grinned at my little sister.

“What’s up with this one?” Almira asked Shoti. Jeron just signaled he has no idea. She crossed her arms in front of her chest and gave me a questioning look.

“Wait! You’re going to Jenna’s welcome home party, aren’t you? Are you sure? Does Achi knows about this? I thought you’re not to see her,” Almira suddenly said.

“Yes, yes and yes. She’s the one who invited me,” I proudly announced.

“Kaya pala pinaligo yung perfume,” Jeron commented on the side.

“Really?! That’s good to hear,” Almira said with a smile. I grinned at her. “Well, if that’s the case. Are you two ready? We’ll be leaving in a bit sabi ni Dad,” Almira informed us.

“I’ll bring my own car. Kayo na lang sumama kay Dad,” I told them.

“Okay. I’ll tell Dad,” Almira said

I was behind my parent’s car as we travel to the Lopezs’. Every cell in my body spells excited. I will see my babies today, not from afar. I can’t erase the smile on my face. When we arrived, my family went in first because I need to gather my composure first. I need to tone down the adrenaline first. I checked my appearance on the rearview mirror, took a deep breath and went out of my car.

I walked to the house in my usual pace. As I enter the main room, I found my family and some close friends of the Lopezs’. Everybody was chatting and nobody noticed me went in.

Paula was the first one who noticed me. She came to me with her usual bubbly self. “Hi, Jeric! Long time no see ah,” she said while smiling.

I smiled back at her, “Nga eh. When did you come back here in Manila? Who’s with you?”

“I’m with Mom and Paul. I arrived two days ago. Anna was nagging me about this. She wants Jenna’s godmother to be here daw,” she said.

“Where is she, anyway? And Jenna?” I asked Paula.

“Anna’s in the kitchen helping with the food. Tita Belle’s at the hospital, sinundo yung baby natin,” Paula happily informed.

“Anna didn’t come with her?” I asked.

“Nope. Ewan ko ba, jittery pa daw siya,” Paula said.

“Ahh… I’ll go check on her,” I told Paula.

“Sure.”

***

When I enter the kitchen, Anna was sitting alone while staring blankly at the platter of pasta in front of her. She looked like she was in a trance.

“Heeey, are you alright?” I immediately called her attention.

She was obviously startled. She jumped out of her seat and looked for the owner of the voice who called her name. She relaxed when she found me standing in the entrance.

“Yeah. I’m alright,” she said while she straightened her dress, in which she looks amazing as ever.

“Are you sure? You don’t look okay. What are you thinking?” I asked as I moved towards her. I stopped in proper conversing distance.

“Yeah, yeah,” she still looked disoriented.

“Anna please, I know you. Something’s bothering you. Ngayon lang ulit tayo magkikita tapos makikita pa kitang malungkot,” I told her.

She weakly smiled, “I’m not sad. I’m a little worried.”

“About what?” I asked and moved a bit closer to her.

“About everything,” she said.

“Tell me,” I told her.

“About being a mom, everything about it. Will I be a good mother? Will I be able to give Jenna everything she needs? Can I properly hold her? Sorry Jec, I’m just a little nervous. This is the first that I’ll be able to hold Jenna. You know she’s always in that incubator,” she said.

I wanted to go to her and hug her but I held my ground. I just smiled, “You’ll do great, Anna. All of your worries, they’re nothing. Your instincts as a mother will kick in and you’ll be perfect. Jenna will have the best mother in the whole wide world. And I’ll always be here to help. You’ll not alone, I’m here.”

She smiled and virtually relaxed. That made me happy. I thought I lost the capacity to calm her down. I guess not.

“Thank you, Jec,” she said. She smiled with dreamy eyes as she looked at me, “Jec, this is my dream. You know how much I love children before. Now, I have my own. I’m excited and nervous and scared.”

“And that is exactly why you’ll be perfect,” I told her.

“What if I make a mistake?” she voiced out.

“If that happens, all you have to do is learn from it. It’s a continuous process. Mothers never really know what to do when they encounter things about their children the first time. They just learn how to cope and adjust for them because of their love,” I told her. “And I always got your back.”

She smiled then looked at me mischievously, “I bet in your past life, you were a mother.”

I chuckled at her, “I think so, too.” I joined her joking mood.

“They’re here!” we both looked back at the entrance of the room. It was Jeron announcing that Jenna’s here.

I looked at Anna. She tensed and I saw a hint of nervousness in her eyes. She looked at me. I smiled at her and outreached my hand to her. “Hold my hand. We’ll do this together.”

She smiled and took my hand. I smiled back at her. Then the nervousness in her eyes was gone.

***

Anna

The moment I saw my baby in my mother’s arms my heart skipped a beat.

“She’s as beautiful as you are,” I heard Jeric whispered to my ears as Mom, Dad and Jenna walk towards us.

Jeric was standing beside me while holding my hand. I have to admit he still has that effect on me. He relaxes me. I am happy because he’s beside me now.

I looked at Jeric and smiled. “Yes, she is.”

“We’re a perfect match. Tingnan mo na lang yung product natin oh,” he said with a proud grin.

I chuckled, “Hihirit pa eh. Let’s focus on our baby first.”

“Baka makalusot pa eh. And yeah, she’s OURS,” he said with emphasis on ours.

“Ours,” I repeated.

We both focused our attention to the most beautiful thing on earth in front of us. Words are not enough to describe her.

“Say hi to mommy and daddy, Baby Jenna,” Dad said. He was standing behind Mom who’s holding Jenna. They’re standing in front of us.

Jenna moved her hands gently. She opened her eyes. She’s like an angel.

“Hello baby,” I said to her and gently poked her hand. She moved like she wants to get out of her Lola’s arms.

“I think she wants you, sweetie” Mom said to me.

I felt Jeric’s hand grip mine gently. He was still holding it. I looked back at him and he was smiling at me. I smiled back at him. He let go of my hand as I received Jenna from Mom. She helped me position Jenna in my arms.

Jeric was right. I immediately know what to do like I’ve been doing this my whole life. I felt Jeric hold me by my waist with his one arm. He poked Jenna’s arm using his index finger of his free hand. Jenna immediately held Jeric’s finger and didn’t let it go.

“Daddy’s here, baby,” Jeric said.

Jeric and I were both shocked when we saw the corners of Jenna’s lip went up. She smiled at us.

“Mommy and Daddy are happy to see you too, angel,” I told our baby.

Jenna’s smiled became wider and she moved more to Jeric’s and my delight.

“I love you both,” Jeric said to me and our baby. I smiled at him.

“Awwww… Aren’t you the cutest and the most beautiful family on the face of the Earth?” Almira said with her usual one. “Look at you three, you’re picturesque.”

I looked up to the people around us and they were all holding their phones up to us.

***

Almira

“They look perfect,” I dreamily said. Achi Alyssa was beside me and we were both looking at the young family.

“I agree. The three can’t be separated,” Achi said.

“True. Parang na-magnet silang tatlo nung dumating si Jenna,” I said.

“I just hope this will be the moment that the parents will finally be back together,” Achi said.

“We are all hoping for that Ach,” I told Achi. “Halika papicture tayo dun.”

“Shobe, huwag mo ng guluhin. Bigyan mo nga ng moment. Hayaan mo na muna,” Achi told me.

“Fine.”

We all ate lunch. Everybody looked satisfied especially my Ahia. I looked at the three and they were having fun. Jenna was responding to her parents very cutely. The three looked so happy and super cute. I can’ help myself from adding the word cute in my sentences because they really are super cute together. They’re even more than that. They’re perfect. I am very happy for them.

I fished my phone out and posted a picture of the young family and everybody’s talking about it now in the social media.

“Shobe,” I heard Ahia called me as I was checking my phone. I looked back and he was behind me together with Achi Anna and Jenna.

“Now you remember I’m here,” I joked.

“Sorry, Shob. We were so excited with this little angel. But thank you for helping me with this one,” Achi Anna said.

“It’s alright, Achi. I understand and I’m happy for the both of you. You’re a joy to watch. I hope this continues,” I told them which made them both smile. I hope that was a sign.

“Anyways, Jenna’s tired and we’ll be putting her to sleep. We think you might want to say night night to the baby,” Achi said.

I looked at Jenna in Achi’s arms and her eyes are starting to close already. “Aww. The baby is sleepy na? You’re the cutest angel, aren’t you? Ninang will say goodnight na muna, we’ll play some other time na lang.”

I bent down and gave Jenna a soft kiss on the forehead. When I straightened up, Baby Jenna raised her hands up and yawned.

“Ok, that’s the cue. We’re putting her to sleep,” Ahia said. I just smiled.

“Oh sige, go na,” I told them. The three moved away and walked upstairs to Jenna’s room. I smiled at how lovely they are.

***

Jeric

I watched Anna as she gently lay Jenna in her crib. Jenna’s eyes were shut close. When Anna stood straight, I caught her back with my arms. Now we were both standing while looking down to Jenna. My arms were wrapped around Anna’s waist. I’m the happiest man alive right now.

“She’s lovely,” Anna said.

“That, she is,” I said.

Anna faced me, “Thank you, Jec, for today, for everything and most importantly for giving me Jenna. You were right. Thank you for standing beside me.”

“You have nothing to thank me. I should be the one thanking you. Thank you for being you, thank you for giving me the reasons to live and love, thank you for giving meaning to my life. I love you,” I looked directly to her eyes.

To my surprise she pulled me into a hug. “I’m sorry, Jec, for all the pain that I have caused and causing you, for all my wrong decisions and for all my stupidity. I will never deserve you. You deserve someone better. Someone who will know how to show you that she appreciates everything you do… I can’t hold you back anymore… I love you and I’m letting you go to find someone better…”

“What?!” I broke the hug and held her in arm’s length. “No! You’re the one that I want.”

“Jec, I can’t give you…”

“I don’t care! I want you! Anna, you’re impossible!” I can’t help myself but to raise my voice. “I can take everything, no matter how painful it is, as long as it is you that I’m going to be with in the end. When will you realize that?”

“Jeric, I’m sorry,” her tears are already running down her cheeks.

“If you really are sorry and you love me, then come back to me. That will make me happy. I don’t care if I deserve someone better. I don’t want that someone. Gusto ko, ikaw,” I told her, pleading.

I can’t lose it right now. I’m not backing down, not this time. If I let my anger win, I will lose her. I can’t let that happen.

“Just please… tell me you love me… that’s all I want,” I told her.

We were both taken out of our emotions when Jenna cried. We both reached our arms to her. Anna gently patted Jenna’s arm while I did the same on her thigh.

“Shhh, sorry angel. You didn’t need to hear that. Sorry…” Anna said as she pat Jenna with her one hand while wiping her tears with her other hand.

“Daddy loves Mommy and you so much. Daddy won’t let Mommy go, don’t worry we’ll be together,” I told Jenna making sure Anna hears that.

But Jenna won’t stop crying. Then Anna and I realized Jenna was trying remove Anna’s hand.

“Baby, you don’t like Mommy?” Anna asked. Jenna cried louder.

“I’m sorry, baby. Mommy loves you,” Anna said to Jenna but Jenna continued to wave her off.

“Jenna please,” Anna pleaded and started to cry again. “I’m sorry. Alright, Mommy won’t push Daddy away. Daddy will stay. Stop crying.”

Miraculously, Jenna stopped crying and went back to sleeping.

Anna heaved out a sigh. She rested her head on her arm. She was looking down the floor. Then her shoulders were shaking, she was crying again.

I immediately scooped her up and buried her in my chest and in my arms.

“You don’t have to worry of all the other things, leave them all to me to handle. I don’t deserve anybody else, just you. Don’t think that I’m the only one working for the both of us. You’ve gone through so much too. You gave us both Jenna that almost cost your life. You did it alone. And I hate myself for not being there. I’m only for you, not for anybody else. I know you’re thinking now that I’m sacrificing a lot for you. No, that’s not true. Because you, you are willing to sacrifice me and I know and feel how much I mean to you and how much you love me, so I could deserve someone better. That’s the sacrifice I cannot ever do. I love you and I know you love me too. Please let’s do this together. I will give you all the space and time you need as I promised before, but please… please… promise me that we will be together in the end.” I said.

We stayed in that position for who knows how long. She was the one who broke the hug. But she pulled me again to a hug. This time she threw her arms over my shoulder. She pulled me down.

“Don’t go anywhere. Wait for me. I’m almost there. I love you, Jeric.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading. I hope you'll like this chapter. Andami ng drama no? I'll do my best to lift the story up. Don't forget to leave a comment.

Comment and Vote XOXO

Continue Reading