Chapter 6: Signs

Jeric

After that game in Davao, I strived and tried harder to push my limits. With the help and support from the people close to me, my teammates, the coaching staff, my family and of course my Anna, I was able to move on.

Now I'm starting to be on track again. I getting my groove back. My shots are getting in and my passes are on point.

I'm starting to put the pieces back and it all because my Anna picked the first one. I am blessed to have her. She was there when I needed her. She even gave me more than I need.

Riiinnnnggg.

I felt my phone vibrate from my pocket. I took it out. And speaking of Anna...

"Baby, I'm craving for Oreo cheesecake. Can you pick me up now?" I heard her say right after I swiped my phone open.

Anna is usually like this, very spontaneous. She would just dial my number and she would tell me what she want and of course because I love her the most I would immediately say yes to whatever she's asking.

"Did I ever say no to you?" I said to her chuckling.

"Baby can you move fast? I'm waiting?" She said in her bossy tone.

"Since when did you become impatient?" I said but I was already on my feet to my car.

I'm already dressed up. I went to the grocery to help Mom earlier.

"I'm super craving. Please please please." She said cutely.

"Okay okay. I'm on my way." I said to her.

"Okay I'll put this down. Don't text or call while driving. Be careful and I love you." She said on the other line.

"Yes boss. I love you too." I said and she dropped the call.

Haaay Anna. What you do to me?

Anna and I arrived at her favorite café. She immediately ordered her favorite Oreo cheesecake, a macchiato, a brownie and a chocolate waffle.

I raised an eyebrow at her after the waiter left.

"Babe, ginugutom ka ba nila sa bahay niyo? We could eat somewhere else na mabubusog ka." I said to her.

"Actually I just ate lunch. I just want to eat a lot of sweets. I'm sorry. Am I grossing you out?" She sheepishly asked.

"No. No. Not like that. I'm just worried baka napapabayaan ka sa bahay na hindi ka na nakakain," I said to her.

"Nope. Ewan ko ba, gusto ko lang kumain." She smiled shyly.

"It's fine. Do you want something else?" I asked her. She shook her head.

After we finished eating, we decided to stroll around the block. We were walking hand in hand. Luckily it's a bit cloudy today and it's far from hot.

"Baby, have I mention about the trip of my students to EK this weekend?" She asked while we're walking.

My forehead creased. She didn't mentioned anything about it.

"Ooops! Sorry I think I forgot to mention it. So now I'm mentioning it to you that my students and I together with their parents will have a trip to EK this Saturday." She said.

"Can I come? I don't have practice nor a game this Saturday." I said to her.

"Of course you can. You can help me with the kids." She said, grinning.

"I thought their parents are coming?" I asked her.

"Yes, but they're still my students. They're still my responsibilities." She said.