Chapter 33: Together Forever

Chapter 33

Anna

“What are we doing here? I thought we’re going to have lunch?” I said to Jeric.

“We are. But we have to make lunch for ourselves though. Early pa naman. I can still cook,” Jeric said with a smile.

We are both standing in front of the big house Jeric has worked so much for. I am still in awe of how beautiful this house is. It looks so much better in closer view compared to the view I had when Shobe brought me here.

 Jeric bent down to get something from the back of his car. When he got up, he was holding plastic bags full of groceries in his hands.

“Let’s go?” he asked. I just looked at him and didn’t move. “Hey, what’s wrong? Hasn’t Almira showed you the interior?”

I shook my head. “Good, I’ll have the pleasure showing you what’s inside your house,” he said with emphasis on the word your.

“Jeric naman eh,” I said like a little girl. I still can’t believe. I don’t want to believe it.

“What?” he asked with a teasing smile on his face. “This is my gift to you, for giving me everything that I am happy about in my life right now, Jenna and you.”

“Eh OA ka naman kasi magbigay ng gift. You could give me a thank you cake. That I’ll accept but this, too much naman ata,” I said.

“Anna, I can’t put into words how grateful I am for having you,” Jeric said.

“Alam mo, nakakagigil ka sa inis,” I said to him which made him chuckle.

“That’s one thing that I love about you. You don’t care about material things,” he said. “I guess the least that you can do is to live in that house with me,” he said with a victorious grin.

“Do I have any choice?” I said with a defeated tone.

His expression changed, “But if you realize that you don’t want to be with me, just tell me. I don’t want you to be stuck with me because I gave you a house.” He said with a bit of sadness.

I rolled my eyes at him, “Ewan ko sayo. You know what I’ll say about living with you. My only concern is where. Halika na nga sa loob, niri-reverse psychology mo pa ko eh”

“Effective ba?” he asked with a grin.

“Opo, sobra. Let’s go. You’ll cook pa,” I said and I let him drag me inside.

The mini lawn on the way to the main door was spectacular. The way the ornaments and the plants were arranged perfectly. The mini fountain that leads to a small pond was very refreshing. There were also pots of flowers which was beautiful. Everybody knows how I love flowers. The nice terrain to the door was perfectly placed. My eyes are full.