Chapter 27: Proof

Anna

I’m fixing Jenna’s temporary nursery in my parents’ house today since I have a lot of time doing so. And Almira volunteered to help.

Jenna will be here in a couple of days. My baby is almost fully grown. Mom said she’ll be alright if we take her home.

“Achi! Are you excited? Cause I super am,” Almira said while segregating Jenna’s things.

“You bet, Shobe,” I told her.

“And I like how we’ll make her room. I’m super excited,” she said in her high pitch excited tone. Trust Almira to show her excitement.

I did my best to go with Almira’s high energy. I’m not faking it, though. I’m excited too, even much more than Almira. I just don’t know how to channel it to hyperactivity like how Almira does it. I love my Shobe.

“Oooh! This color will be perfect match to the one I did in the big house,” she said which made no sense to me.

“Come again, Shobe,” I told her.

She looked shocked at herself. I bet she scolded herself in her head. “Nothing Achi, I was just talking about something else. Don’t mind me,” she said. That was suspicious but I let it go.

“Ma’am Anna,” we both look back to the helper who called me. “Para po sa inyo.”

She was holding a bouquet of flower, a very familiar looking one. I just know who sent this.

Jeric has been sending me flowers, chocolates and a lot of stuffs. . Parang nanliligaw lang ulit, except that he’s living up to his promise not to show himself. He’s been doing this everyday since we talked. It’s been 5 days, I guess.

Almira just smiled proudly and let me handle the gift without her firework-reaction. I know she knows it was her brother’s doing.

I took the flowers from the helper. There was a letter on top of it.

Anna,

I promise I would help you and this is my way of it. I want you to know how much I love you and how much you mean to me, that you don’t need to be afraid because this time I won’t be gone. I won’t leave you no matter what. I also want you to know that I’m thinking of you constantly. And I am missing you everyday. I love you.

And thank you for not leaving. I’m keeping my end of the bargain. I won’t show myself until you’re ready. I just want to do this because I just can’t stand looking at you from afar. I want to do something to help and make you realize that we’re perfect together because we love each other and we have Jenna.

I’ll be waiting until the day when you are ready and when you’re whole again. I love you.

-J

He’s been sending me gifts but this is the first time that it was accompanied by a letter. The letter is kind of pa-guilty, though it’s very effective on me. It make me want to run to him right this instant. But I’m holding my ground. I closed my eyes and heaved out a sigh.