Chapter 28: Hug

Anna

“Shobe, where are we going ba? Unknown territory na to ah,” I asked Almira. She was the one driving.

She smiled to me like she’s up to something. “Better familiarize yourself to this place, Ach.”

That completely made no sense, “Why would I do that?”

She just smiled sweetly at me and continued driving. We entered a subdivision, a very classy one to say the least, basing on the houses that we are passing by.

“Shobe, san ba talaga tayo pupunta?” I continued to ask her.

She continued to ignore me. She took a turn, drove a little and stopped in front of a huge and beautiful house like the ones that I wanted to have in the future. Actually, it’s exactly what I imagined to be my dream house except that it’s a little bit grander and too much for me.

I know Almira and I had a talk about dream houses before. Maybe she just wanted me to see what my dream house would look like in person.

But back to the main point of this escapade… Uhhh actually I have no idea what that is. I just gave Almira a very questioning look.

“Achi, I just want you to know how much Ahia loves you. And I just can’t take it anymore. You two are perfect and nobody’s making a move about it,” she said.

“Shobe, can you get to the point already?” I impatiently said.

“Achi, what do you see?” she asked.

“You,” I dumbly answered because I was looking at her.

She rolled her eyes, “I said what not who. Look around you, Ach.”

“Well, there are big houses around us. They look nice, particularly this one,” I said and pointed to the one we’re parked in front of.

“Uh-haaa, do you like it?” she asked.

“Yeah, why?” she asked, poker face.

I was confused but I answered anyway, “Because it looks like my dream house, a little grander though.”

“Do you still like it even if it’s a little bit too much?” she continued.

“Yes. Actually, I would love it if it’s mine,” I dumbly answered her questions.

“It’s yours.”

“Are you out of your mind, Shob? How can that be mine?” I asked.

“Nope. It’s really yours,”

“What are you talking about, Almira?” I’m officially confused.