Chapter 32: Nannies

Anna

“Tons, here’s the towel. Wipe off the milk on her mouth,” I said to Toni.

Toni and I are in the living room with Jenna. Tito Toni wants to spend time with the baby.

“Aren’t you the cutest?” Toni baby talked Jenna. She responded with a giggle which made Toni super happy.

We heard a car pull up and thought it was just Mom and Dad who just came in from their morning run. So we let the helpers go to them.

After a few minutes a smiling and handsome Jeric Teng popped in the room with huge plastic bags in his hands. He’s wearing a nice white comfortable polo and khaki shorts with a fresh face, selfieready, and positive smile. Jeez he’s extra hot and gwapo today. What’s up with him?

“Good morning,” he greeted with a smile.

“Morning Jeric,” I answered with a smile. I couldn’t take my eyes off his face.

“Morning Kuya. Pogi natin ngayon ah,” Toni commented while he was holding Jenna who has furiously trying to move out of Toni’s arms to go to Jeric.

Jeric chuckled and walked towards us. He put down the plastic bags beside the table. He gave me a quick kiss on the temple when he passed me and went to Jenna to carry her.

“Hello to you too, princess,” Jeric took her and showered her with kisses.

Toni laughed out loud, “Ate yung kiss mo isa lang kay Jenna marami.”

I rolled my eyes at him. Jeric smiled at positioned Jenna in his one arm. He extended his other arm to me gesturing me to go to him. I playfully shook my head.

“Please,” he said with puppy eyes. How can I say no to that? I walked to them and Jeric caught me by my waist. He smiled and kissed me on the forehead.

“Sweet naman eh,” Toni butted in.

“What’s up? Why did you dress up extra today? You’re going somewhere?” I asked him ignoring Toni.

“Can’t I visit you without a reason?” he said with a fake hurt look.

“Of course you can. Bakit mo kailangan magpa-pogi?” I jokingly asked him.

“Pogi naman ako palagi ah,” he proudly grinned.

I rolled my eyes at him, “You always blew me away… with your hangin.” I playfully hit his arm which made him chuckle.

“Hahaha!” He laughed as we all heard another car pull.

“Sila Mom na siguro yan,” I said and Jeric made a shy expression.

“Or not,” he said which made me raise an eyebrow at him. “I… kind of want… to ask you… out… on a date,” he smiled sheepishly at me.