Someone's Forever

By NeelamMenghani

*Long Listed for Wattys 2018* E-Awards 2017 Winner *Best Hooked Story * *COMPLETED* Life, love, hate and b... More

Someone's Forever
Prologue
1. Goodbye Normal, Hello Miracle
2. Let The Mystery Begins
3. Past, Present and Future
4. A Vow to Protect
5. Questions, Confusions and Amusements
6. Test of Patience
7. Deal that sealed Our Destiny
8. Consequences of Negligence
9. A Night of Dilemma
10. Faith and Myth
11. Enlightening Darkness
12. Breeze of Change
13. His Pain, His Relief
14. Old Pain, New Wounds
15. Shock One After the Other
16. Morning Mayhem
17. Stepping in the Arena
18. Calling out the Soul
19. Chaotic Afternoon
20. Just a Glimpse
21. An Evening Maze
22. A Little Further
23. A Spark in the Dark
24. And He Found Her
25. Conflicting Deception
26. Do Not Speak
27. Ancient Legends
28. Arrival of the Grey Sky
29. Closer to Appraisal
30. Meeting Mr. Mycroft
31. To Save the King
32. Check'Mate'
33. Defiance in Acceptance
34. Losing Her Chance
35. A Call from 'Treasure of Heart'
36. A Walk Unexpected
37. A Meet to Remember
38. Curve of Guidance
39. Conceptual Claws
40. Instinctive Step
41. Healing Wound
42. Webbing Deep
43. Reiterating History
44. Turned Table
45. Expectations Unexpected
46. You are Not Alone
47. Assurance from Guardian
48. Reaching the Surface
49. 'V' for A V
50. Lost and Found
51. 'Queen of Hearts'
52. Marvelous Majestic Meet
53. Old Rust but Gold
54. The Will of Time
55. Two Purposes, One Arrow
56. Apart from You
57. Mystery and Miracle
58. A Celebration so Special
59. Hide and Steal
60. You and Us
61. The Night Falls
62. Trust is Essential
63. Tussle to Throne
64. A Word with Divergent
The Slave
65. Your Answer awaits You
66. Privilege of Acceptance
67. Two Names in One Breath
68. Fire: A Lethal Game
69. Peace and Storm
70. Sweat in Smirk
71. The Mate Bond
72. Shield Defends, Sword Attacks
73. Heard Unsaid
74. Rational Rage
75. BitterSweet Sky
76. Defeated Victory
78. Desperate Diversion
79. Fragile Trust
80. Gust of Rush
81. Howling Heart, Quiet Eyes
82. Damsel in Despair
83.1 Dark of Light: Alicia
83.2 The Rising Dawn: Alicia
83.3 Balance of Nature: Alicia
84.1 The Preface of Pain
84.2 This Finally Concludes
85.1 Sparks & Pains
85.2 Is Pain an end?
86.1 Always Behind of You
86.2 Behind the Maze
87.1 Sealed Secret
87.2 A Fate Sealed
88. The Rise of New Dawn
89. Closer and Far Away
Whispers of Forever
Someone's Forever
Sacrifices of Sapphire

77. Knows More than Told

4.2K 212 71
By NeelamMenghani

I hope you all had a great Navratri! Thanks a lot for the wishes!

I will reply to your comments and messages as I get time, guys.

Friends are the best part of life, it's a proven fact.

When you have no one, your buddies come; they bring sense of belonging to you.

Here I would like to thanks to a few names who have given new meaning to love of friendship bond for me!

Neha TunesOfHeart, Shanaya Shanaya777 and S. Jangotra jangotra27!

Thank you so much guys, for being there for me when I wasn't even available! It means the world to me!

I was once told: My work prove me, not any accusations. 

So thank you very much!

Thank you Zaina42  for being an amazing reader, your messages and comments always are a delight to see! Thank you so much dear!

***

"I have seen people starting the fire with water, turning every breeze into a storm, create chaos out of peace. Few people are meant to destroy everything and themselves no matter what, and if you hold on to them long they will take you into their abyss and tear you into pieces."

— Akshay Vasu

***

NIERA'S POV

What the most precious thing one can hold,

I asked a child when he was staring at the cloudless sky

He stares to me tearing his eyes from the blue hue,

His toothy grin was my reward as he ran away without a word,

I stood on the grass as he jumped onto the muddy pit,

The grin stayed intact, when the small wounds and cuts, he got,

He continued to play, before turning to me, he winked,

I smiled when I found answer!

"Who are you?"

Tongue slips, almost everyone's. It's a natural phenomenon, but these natural phenomenon' have time, at inappropriate times, slip of tongue can be disastrous, it can bring chaos, misunderstanding, confusions, and sometimes, it can bring an underlying knock of fear, like mine.

Who are you?

Three words, one words brought me to the cliff of bemused trepidation.

I kept staring at the man, awaiting for him to clarify, to realize his mistake and rectify it but he sat staring leisurely at me, awaiting my response to his question which was nonsense.

Why would he ask this? Of course he knows me! Then why would he?

"Surprised, huh? Surprised by my words." He asked bringing his hand in front of him, settling his head to most comfort at headrest.

I found myself nodding before I stopped chiding inside.

"Well, with time we know better, people allow us to know them better, have you heard about this."

I so wanted to groan and walk off but something in me stopped me, encouraging me to stand and listen to his preposterous gibberish. Because it wasn't gibberish, it was not at all.

"Yes, I guess, that's how it happens." Licking my lips, I found myself mumbling out for his statement.

"It takes time to finally know the person. Some time we take, but eventually we find the real face behind the mask they put."

Has he been spending time with Sir Gerard lately? I wondered as I kept staring at the mysterious man lately.

I took a resigned breath, exhaling it; I took a step further sensing the palpation of fear nagging inside.

"Why are we talking about this and what happened to you, have you met with an accident." I mumbled concerned, another motive was to skip this intellectual speech which was making me uncomfortable.

"No and yes." He bit out. I shuddered when his flint gaze cast to my face, as he leisurely continued, "I have been but you'll too when Majesty will know."

My heart stilled in my chest when he blinked, Gideon's mention brought me to stiffness.

What will he know? What's he talking about?

"What will he know?" I heard myself in a mere whisper, sweat has started to cover my neck, this time it isn't fear but terror of unknown kind.

"He'll know what you're trying to hide, Miss. Adventure." He whispered back, the malignancy in it was screaming in my ears.

"What—I'm try—ing to hide?"

Words weren't coming out whether it was the eccentric terror or his malice aura, I was not sure though.

"It's exactly, I'm asking; let's start again, shall we?" he flashed a huge smirk.

Straightening with a grunt, he placed his arms on the desk, keeping an impassive stone face, he gave me one last blow which shattered my courage to step back and run. I was terrified. Beyond measure!

I cursed myself as I braced myself.

"What are you?"

"Why suddenly this question Mr. McCoy?" I feigned the confidence hiding behind the deception. But he displayed no signs to reason along.

Heaving a sigh, I went along, "I'm the employee of A V Inc. transferred from the states of—"

"No, no Miss. Adventure. Not the mask, we just established, we give people time to know their true self. What I meant now is your true identity, who are you?"

"That's what I'm. Niera William, what else you think I'm hiding?" McCoy seems intrigued at me exasperation.

"Everything," he shrugged at ease, "You can hide everything."

I was on the verge of rolling my eyes at his pantomime, nothing was making sense.

"I'm sorry, but I guess you need to rest. I don't know what has happened but you surely need rest, since nothing makes sense to me."

"It'll, surely it'll make sense to you. Let me elaborate." He stirred, shuffling his legs to get one comfortable position; apparently his legs couldn't keep it to one position for long.

What has happened?

"Then would you mind being specific and lucid." I almost used my firm tone to cover my annoyance and anxiety.

"Desperate are we?" he barked a theatric laugh which soon disdained in his flint glare.

"Since you're so to the point, let's make it clear." He smirked while my frown deepened.

It might be seconds or minutes but for me clock stopped, the ticking was prickling to my spine, until he spoke again.

And all my fears proved true.

"Niera William, Senior Advisor, Greefy Advisory, an executive branch of Greefy Inc."

Throat constricted, pulse dropped, stunned stupefied I let the gravity to fall while frozen sweat covered me as the words spoken resonated inside the closed cabin.

I almost jumped at the evil laughter resonated in the room, the haze of trepidation started to fade when he spoke again, "Ah! I love to see that on your face, pink glow, crimson tint of fear. Have a touched a fragile topic, or have I unveil you and destroyed your game." Harshness crawled on his voice as he concluded his statement of gleeful triumph.

"Rubbish!" I exclaimed, my voice surprised me with the amount of conviction.

Although, I was shivering inside, I offered only impassive frown to him.

The cover busted! Just when I was so close to the end this deal, and find the culprit! It all blew.

I lost when I was winning!

Disappointment was brewing somewhere but the palpitation was knocking at the consequences I'll face now. leaving it all, I focused on McCoy who was unknowingly pushing me to uncensored peril.

"Rubbish doesn't make you unease; you look like you'll collapse any movement." His tone held humor; I felt pity on self to be a doll of his entertainment.

"Mr. McCoy—"

"Ah! The stuttering, I love when human stutter it makes them more funny. Do it for me, please!" I flinched at his request mockery.

"It's absolutely—"

"True," suddenly he turned serious, all amusement vanished in thin air, "Don't try to deny it."

The next moment a few pinned up papers were thrown on glass desk, McCoy gestured me to come and look at them, I find myself following, reaching the desk dragging my feet, I found the papers shattered on clean desk.

My eyes found McCoy who was amused for certain reasons and then the falling on the papers. From where they were I started to focus and read and mind com-busted with the content of papers revealed.

My eyes widen and again the bark of laughter rang, shrilling noise made me wince.

"Mask is off!" McCoy sang.

It isn't good, nope, it isn't.

But it isn't bad, since my cast is blown off, but then McCoy had no idea what is between me and the Authority. I can't save it now alone; this was supposed to between us. But now it's open.

The question remains how?

How does he found out about me?

The papers on the desk were my details along with Greefy Inc. the prints of confidential cases.

My baffled gaze stilled on papers, how can he get them?

"Perplexed, I see? How I could dig on you and get my hands on these? That we will decide, now let me hear you."

"So you aren't an employee but a mole from other company." He mused, my head shot up to him as he was lost in his thoughts.

"No!"

"Then how you're even here?" he continued before I was forced to take a sudden intake of breath as his evil gaze found me.

This is falling apart!

I'm falling apart!

I'm losing!

I lost it all!

This has changed; a lot was changed on there, now it changed everything.

Gideon!

My heart squeezed in my chest, will I get a chance again, with him!

I almost shuddered in force when he mentioned him.

"Why Majesty allowed you to work here?"

"None of your concern." I gritted through my teeth. Suddenly fear was replacing in vexation, it was not going good. It was not in control.

"It is." he whispered.

"Why you got all the luxuries and privileges?" He mused softly while I was on the verge of breaking.

"You were allowed to set foot on Majesty's floor while others are still forbidden." He looked deep in thoughts, musing.

"Tell me Miss. William, why would you be treated as a Royalty when you're nothing but a human, now a proven mole. I'm sure Majesty will go ballistic when he finds out."

He will go ballistic you fool but I doubt for the reason you think he'll.

"Tell me, come on! Tell me or I'll have to find answers, and then, it'll be painful to bear." The sadist said with a sadistic smile, not even an ounce of humanity was there, the dark eyes were tinkling in pure elation. I gulped before sweeping the shattered fragments of confidence of mine.

"I'm here on the direct orders of Mr. Valentine. I'm answerable to him only and no one. You have problem with my visit, go consult him, about my—"

"You think it matters, once you'll be revealed in front of him. He'll forget it all and punish you right away. You have no idea what a monster he is." McCoy spoke through his closed teeth.

Darn this man's habit of cutting me in mid.

"Don't you think, you're crossing your limit? Allow me to leave you to rest." I said taking a step back but all my resolve crushed when a shooting pain shot in my head.

My movements seized as my hand flew in desperate attempt to find something to hold on.

"You're not allowed to leave Miss. Mole. Not until I find what are you here for." His whisper rang around my head; I cringed when I felt it was coming inside my head.

"What is—happening to—me?" I croaked through my gritting teeth as the hammering increased. I close my eyes shut as the tear reached the brink. Another rush of pain shot inside and my wince resonated just after his hearty chuckle. My hand found the chair, I surmise, I held it with my life while other was holding my rotating dizzy head as I shattering over my weak feet.

"Nothing much, Love. It's just the beginning of your choice; you yourself opted the hard way."

"McCoy, if—you are doing this—. Stop right away!" I cried in mere whisper.

"I must say you're quite smart or you know, about us, do you?"

"Argh!" I cried when the strike was with severe intensity this time.

"McCoy Stop this!!!" I couldn't take anyone, I was losing energy. Gideon's power had mercy, but McCoy was brutally attacking, I have no idea if this thing even makes sense, but McCoy has to do something.

Will Gideon come; will he prove himself my Saviour again?

He won't, the distinctness in his tone gave away his coldness!

I lost the warmth, I earned in all these days, I shouldn't have done that!

I fought for air; my lungs were choked as my legs were shaking. I can't anymore!

He is taking it too far!

I felt my heart beating louder, the beats I could feel in my heating body.

"Give up restraining, let me read you."

"I'm not doing anythi—"

"Of course you are! Why am I not able to—"

The rest, either he didn't say or it didn't reach me, my knees buckled beneath me, silence slapped me on both cheeks before a crash was heard, thunderbolt shot somewhere, against a loud growl.

I was falling before something strong clutched my waist and I was pulled into something and was crashed against something hard, solid.

Warm breath I felt on my face first before I felt unconsciousness playing hide and seek started to fade, my mouth was forced open and the air was blow into my mouth, I took it desperately, my lungs started to work again I guess, before I was able to take in warm air. The iron grip tightened when tiredness grew and I wished to move away, my face was secured, however I tried I was unable to take it off from the blowing air.

With one shaky breath I exhale, I collapsed into the surface holding me, warmth and solace was there on the warm surface, I let in soft breaths as my head was tucked in with something over scalp.

Minutes passed, before I regained stability enough to open my eyes. My blurry vision blinked twice and the scenario of unknown office cabin greeted me, in the same position, I tried to move away, but a growl stopped me.

My eyes widen against the vibrating touch, I cringed before shooting my head up. My hazy gaze found the golden brown orbs which were aflame in dark grey corner.

"Gideon!"

My own whisper didn't reach me but to him it did, the Brown clouded there in centre before Grey started to dominate.

Grey!

"Majes—"

I shrieked when the glasses shattered somewhere, flying over to us. Gideon's gaze tore from mine to snap ahead.

Ahead!

McCoy!

I found the grey growing, as my heart beating frantically. He is enraged. Furious. He is lethal!

The next I heard McCoy's grunts.

I want out!

I want air!

I want out!

I sail my hands in air to bring distance between us but Gideon didn't allow, with my each push, he pulled, to an extent that it started to pain me.

"Gideon, please!" I whispered, in pure desperation.

"No!" I flinched at his harsh cold tone. The grey of his orbs was scaring me.

McCoy's screams continued to pierced my eardrums.

Why is he grunting when Gideon is here with me? Not even touching him!

I was getting out of breath again, the energy was leaving me, I was losing it again.

"No she can't take it." Someone screamed from somewhere, concern and trepidation were weakening a strong voice.

Suddenly the adrenaline rushed, taking all in together I pushed, "No!"

And strangely I felt his resolves losing, his grip loosened for a second and I took advantage.

Without taking a turn, or glancing at his direction, I ran, staggering feet shunned for once before I felt a push, a push of strong gust of wind, I staggered falling again.

One blink, I was falling before another pair of arm found my wrists, I blinked before my eyes found, the brimming eyes of my brother, Jerry!

Like a child finds relief seeing his mother, I felt the same relief and comfort blooming in my heart. I flung on him, clutching to him, I clunk to him, instantly he held me. I felt him shaking in fury, but I felt too weak to react or move away. Moving away from Gideon took everything in me, now I was too lost and weak to repeat.

A growl resonated and I felt another push in that strong gust of wind, I clunk to Jerry who staggered backward two steps taking my limped body with him.

For once I felt his hold loosing before I whimpered and it found the same grip.

"Luna needs her brother now." Someone spoke timidly. Another growl ripped away following another whimper from me.

The thumping of my heart I heard after that as the silence after death ruled until the painful screams of McCoy screeched like chalk on board.

The crashing pained me deafening me until I tried to move away from Jerry but another shock greeted when I found Jerry, his eyes were pitch black now, nostrils flaring, he was suppressing his growls.

He looks lethal, just like Gideon!

"Jerry!" he snapped his eyes at me, I cringed at the rage before he took a step back, bowed before he rushed passed me.

I staggered falling against Sir Gerard and Theodore who caught me; their eyes were fixed behind me with worry. None cringed when I almost shrieked at the noise.

Theodore's hold on my shoulder loosens when he stole a glance at my way. His eyes softened momentarily, before it went back behind me.

I knew I'll regret turning and when Theodore tried to restrain my move, it confirmed. My eyes found his, my drooping gaze witnessed his concerned eyes, a soft shake from him, requesting not to move, not to see what sounds like massacre.

I took another shaky breath, as a shiver ran through my spine.

"It's all getting wrong."

Everything is wrong!

"McCoy crossed limit attacking her." My eyes found Dr. Baron beside me. I couldn't comprehend when he was here.

His eyes shone in the same worry, before they cast toward mine, grief ruled there before took my frozen hand in his.

"No, he won't tolerate anyone right now." Sir Gerard snapped strictly, I blanched against his words and Dr. Baron's warm hand left mine; I fought hard to stop from whimpering. He was apologetic but I was heartbroken.

Left alone, it seems heartbreaking, heart wrenching that no one wants to face it, one shouldn't because when you feel it, it breaks you. Hard! Very hard!

I was breaking at the moment.

"It's getting unbearable," Theodore grunted, his face crumbling in pain but I found nothing as the cause.

"No one can; those powers, no one can handle." Sir Gerard whispered wetting his dry lips, before his gaze met mine; he tried to comfort me with a tight smile but got no response.

"Does she?"

"She is the one his powers are protecting Dexter. She is safe."

Sir Gerard whispered looking at me whereas I stood clueless.

That's it!

I turned on instincts at another grunt and my own gasp rang across the room.

Gideon had McCoy on his throat, the man was now losing consciousness to even protest or cry, a shaking Jerry was standing beside whose face was a mixture of pain and rage.

At the moment, I pitied McCoy; I forgot he almost gave me brain hemorrhage by his tricks.

I rushed, with uneasy steps, toward them, people tried to call me, but I turned deaf ears to them.

"Gideon, stop!" I could utter in whisper as my staggering feet tried to reach, the distance of few steps took forever to reach them, with shattered mess all over the floor.

I felt a restrainment—block, restricting me to go after a point. I collided to thin air injuring my nose; I blinked in pure perplexities before I tried again and found nothing.

I knew I have no time, so taking it off my point of concern, I move forward, muffling my gasps.

The air felt heavy, I halted breathing.

My arms found his waist; I clunk to Gideon, his back.

His enraged moves stopped, Gideon stilled against me. I sent silent prayers with closed eyes as I heard a soft groan, perhaps Gideon left his throat.

Moments passed before taking air became a mandatory task, I opened my eyes to the light air, my grip on Gideon started to loosen before his palm was over mine intertwining our fingers. The stiffness left his back, I left a breath in rush as spots started to invade my vision, I blinked hard to fight them off.

"Majesty, she is a mole—"

"She is Luna, Our Luna. You tried to. Hurt my Luna." I flinched when Jerry growled in rage kicking McCoy on his abdominal. The bleeding man coughed blood but I found fear and mourning in his wide eyes.

"Luna? She is our Luna Qu—"

"Yes, you tried to hurt her!" he kicked on his biceps, McCoy shot when pain increased on pressure.

"Jerry, stop!" I intervene when he almost had his head smacked by his boots.

Jerry stilled before he retreated his leg back and bowed again.

"Majesty I had n—o ide—a. I'm sorry, I—I—"

"Theo!" Gideon snarled tightening his hand on mine over his waist.

Theodore came and dragged McCoy out.

"Jerry, no!" I cried when Jerry was about to kick McCoy on his thigh.

His furious eyes found my frantic ones, the pitch black witnessed me clung to Gideon as my friend bowed before looking down. For once I felt the fury fading. He is coming back!

When I tried to move away, a gasp ripped out of my mouth when Gideon tightened his hold at a disapproving growl. My hazy gaze found Sir Gerard at a distance, he hasn't entered the mess residuals of cabin, from the shattered glass and metal, I saw him, my panicked gaze found his reassuring one, he assured me, through his gaze, to keep patience and courage when I was dealing with Gideon.

I don't know why and how, I could read his unsaid words and I believed I can calm this busting seething volcano.

Placing my head on his back, I allowed myself to breath, his musky scent filled me with a new sense of solace, it was chaotic inside out for me, but strangely the scent calming me, removing the haze I was coiled in inside.

I don't know what and how long, I finally felt the grip of his on my hand loosen and let me away, not long before I was pulled with a jerk in front of him, secured again in his arms on my waist, I raise my gaze to find his majestic brown orbs staring at me with deep intensity.

They were not seething but they were calm.

I found the moment stilling, stealing away life and world from me, leaving me with him.

The worry and care were greeting me in the most sincere manner; I found it hard to blink, afraid that I'll miss something which I might never be able to witness.

My breath left in hast, when a warm hand found my cold cheek, the fingertips caressing my cheek in the most affectionate manner, for once I thought to be made of glass or any precious yet fragile matter to be handled such care.

Rationality speaks step back and run, Gideon is another face of destruction. He might end up burning all along in his rage,

Consciousness whispers, never, my soul promises me, he might burn the world but, the flames will be protecting me from fire.

My heart pleads to stay, it assures me, the rage needs to be calm, and unintentionally, my presence calms it, soothes the fire.

Between sanity and desire, I might end up choosing something disastrous, but for a time being, around this destruction makes me feel alive,

I agree to fire, I might get hurt, but for a time being, I want to live. Maybe a few moments, I might die but I wish to live, around him!

When a thumb pulls my lip out of my teeth, I jerked out of my thoughts. Tilting my head, I wondered what to do but Gideon perceived it before me. He moved ahead, taking a step ahead while I went for creating distance. I wince when something pricked my ankle, the next moment I was on air, strong arms held me as I shrieked.

"Put me down!" I shrieked, almost glaring at Gideon who was staring at me with those same intense eyes that make me feel eccentric feelings.

"At tower!" Gideon spoke quietly, but those quiet words were nothing less than a command, I felt a shiver ran into my spine when he started to walk ahead.

Tower?

"Gideon, you can put me down, please. It's—" my words melted in my throat when his grip only tightened, I took a sharp breath, and found others bow at us, precisely at him.

Gideon swiftly walked ahead, out of the room, I could only stole a glance of the now distraught room which was absolutely lavished and exquisite sometime back, I gasp when the glass and metals pieces I found all shattered on my way until I felt Gideon shuffling me closer to him so my head was on his neck and hindering my sight of view.

I sighed audibly, letting him as he took his elevator; miraculously no one was following us. As far as I perceive, he means his floor when he said 'Tower'. I allowed to engross self on his heart beats, calming mine.

The unknown strings works for us to compose other naturally.

The gust of wind almost made me shudder when the elevator door announced our arrival on his floor opening to the magnificent view, I turned away from his neck, blushing furiously at the fact, I was focused on his neck visible area of chest which was peeping from his open top buttons.

The view surprised me, it wasn't the top floor but second last floor, the hall precisely which is reserved for Gideon's private affairs. The incident from that day freshened in my memory and my grip on his shoulder tightened unconsciously.

But then why I felt like we were on his floor, the thick palpable presence of air was quiet like of his floor! The presence of A V powers!

"Niera—"

"I thought we were heading to your floor." I whispered wandering my curious gaze around the gigantic lavishing yet vacant hall.

Instead of answer, silence greeted me, I turned my head to find my answer and found him looking at me intently, more like assessing me though his warm astute eyes. I blinked taking in his assessment, before he walked ahead not taking his eyes.

"Majesty!" I shot my eyes toward the source of voice and found a frantic looking Mr. Black was strolling toward us on his chair, his expressions grim.

"Mr. Black!" I flushed at my current position, he bowed to us before his eyes found my flushed face.

"Nie—"

"Not now Morgan, I won't appreciate it." Gideon almost seethed at Mr. Black who blanched visibly stopping at a distance.

I gulped at the sudden mood change of Gideon before events crashed into my consciousness. I fought hard to not fall from his arms in attempt to bounce and run away.

"The first aid kit." I heard his mumble as he placed the kit on his lap on the table and moved back.

I found myself conscious of my surroundings when Gideon placed himself on the couch and I was on his lap, my blush harden but the giant man was adherent to keep on place even after my pleading hard glare.

"You can put me down."

"I don't want to." A simple statement he passed and my jaw slack.

What the heck? Don't want to. What does he think of himself? Is he some King or Emperor to behave like this?

Sanity slapped then strangled me, as a matter of fact, he is! He is the King!

"Does it hurt?" I came out of my semi dazed thoughts at his call.

"Your head, does it hurt?" he asked softly, his palm came to caress head, reminding to the fact that I faced McCoy and his tricks.

I blew out the air inside in rush, looking at my fingers which were red and cold at touch.

"I'm fine." I mumbled, the truth was the constant buzz of hammering was making it difficult for me to focus. It was the rush of what was happening there disdained it all, now the calm surrounding is here, I feel it taking command of my head, I feel the pain coming back.

"You can't lie, Niera. Your eyes speak truth to me." I lost when Gideon mumbled in reply against my temple.

"Then I must hide my eyes from you."

"You can't. When you hide your eyes, your heart speaks."

"It doesn't hurt much." I whispered finally defeated in hiding myself from this significant man, my head moved to his face, which was void as well as concerned.

"Please can I move, I'm not comfortable... like this." I could finally utter; an embarrassed glow casted on my cheeks.

Gideon heaved a sigh, before effortlessly, I was placed beside him. I exhaled in relief before gasping when my leg was inspected.

I huffed internally when Gideon was checking the small cut.

Seriously this man is obsessed with healing me!

"I don't see any problem in that." I almost slapped my face when his retort shot me through his flint gaze.

I moved before casting my eyes on entrance, the Authorities were hanging there on entrance with a blank face.

"Why you'll are standing outside?" I asked frowning in pure bafflement.

For how long they are here?

"Enter!" I cringed at Gideon's command and people moved ahead. I found smiling faces, even Theodore had his schooled impassiveness aside and small tight but visible smile plastered on his face. His face reminded me of something and I opened my mouth without considering further.

"Mr. Theodore, McCoy, how is—"

A growl shut me; I bit back a gasp of mine before fidgeting with my bracelet watch.

Gideon was furious, again his anger was hiking, I could feel it sitting beside him. I turned to his enraged face, casting a small smile I dared to face him.

"Being around power leaves you tired." I muttered softly after which I let out a resigned sigh.

"Get used to it." Theodore muttered back. I so wanted to laugh at this.

I have been here, now it's almost time for me to move back, to leave for where I actually belong, but speaking it all would only pull people to more serious discussion. They deserve more time.

"Can you breath properly now?" my head rose to Jerry who inquired behind Dr. Barton concern shimmering in my friend's eyes as he regarded me with worried gaze.

I casted my bright smile bobbling my head actively.

"Yes, I'm absolutely, breathing. But I just don't understand, I felt my throat choking. If it wasn't for the forced air pumped into—"

I stopped, before I stilled absolutely stilled, my eyes went everywhere but not even to the shadows of the man who was my Saviour, he did that, he pumped air into my mouth, by his own gorgeous mouth.

God, please split this marble flooring and swallow me earth, this is the limit of mortification.

"Glad to here that." Jerry reduced the mortified moment, I nodded looking at him before my eyes widen at his arms peeping.

"Jerry!" I jumped to reach him; people scurried to give me space to run to my brother.

His hands had wounds; bleeding wounds had his sleeves crimson. My eyes widen, as I saw his arms, there had cuts and small burnt marks with scraped skin, blood coated his complete sleeves crimson which were light blue once. A panic gripped me as my eyes snapped to him which were not at all showing any traces of pain at his own injuries.

"How? From where did you get these wounds Jerry?" I asked demented.

It can't be from beating, then?

How?

"I must've got this, don't worry Niera—" my one glare shut him as I dragged him to couch.

"Shut up and let me treat you."

"I'll treat this." Mr. Black injected and I moved when Jerry pleaded for the same.

I huffed in pure agitation, crossing my arms in front of me.

"Sit this instance Niera, you may feel dizzy." I shot a glare at the mighty Majesty's direction who was seated, his face was void of any emotion but I felt his eyes could flip to feral anytime.

What a ticking bomb he can be?

I disregarded him gracefully, looking away to the magnificent golden light on the corners of walls giving the place an exquisite look of gold, like any palace from old tales of time old people talk about.

"McCoy knows, he found out I am not a transferred employee. But a planted operative." I flinched when Gideon snarled lowly.

"However, he knows only that much. He has no idea of Authorities knowledge and involvement in the same. This matter is safe, as far as we keep him from spilling it out." I continued grimly, my eyes falling on Sir Gerard who has his gaze on me; a shrewd glint in the cloak was staring at me as I spoke.

"He won't now." I shot my head toward Jerry who was been treated by Mr. Black, the sudden flash of rage in his eyes made me sigh all over again.

"Why because you beat him, almost killed him?" I retorted to Jerry who shrunk at my ballistic retort. The anger was not only for him but for someone with whom I need to deal with some trick, because direct flame on him will only harm me.

"He won't now Niera. Rest assured." Sir Gerard reassured me. His eyes conveyed a message in pure sincerity but I was not convincing there when people went wild in rage.

How can they be so sure? He just unveiled what was planned just brilliantly and classified!

"But how killing and going violent barbaric over a man was even an option?"

"He tried to hurt you." Jerry argued.

"Without even touching me and you might have killed him if I wouldn't have intervened."

"He doesn't deserve it." I argued exasperated. This is not right, we can't go and beat reputed people like headless maniacs, Gideon almost had him if it wasn't for that one moment of my decision.

"He did." Gideon bit out, I found myself stiffening when I felt him near me without looking.

I flinched and soon collided to his chest when Gideon pulled me to him dragging my arm.

"I want no argument into this Niera. Not a single word from you. Stay off from this."

The boiling anger in his eyes made me shudder, the warm and calm persona I'm always cherished with, I felt fading behind that anger. I know it's irrational; he is not paying attention to the consequences of his actions. McCoy has the proof against me, I might not be in danger because they are with me, but surely for what he has faced in Gideon's rage, he might come back.

Or worse, if he doesn't.

I felt a lump in my throat, someone might die or get permanent damage because of me, it killed me, guilt, remorse or shame were nothing to describe the terror I feel just touching the surface of it. I shuddered at the mere thought.

A shaky breath ripped out of my mouth, I could finally think, worse hadn't passed, it's yet to come.

No it's just the start of what could come and bring destruction for us, me, Gideon.

For saving me again, he brought himself to peril, I feel overwhelmed but at the same time shame and a fear creeping to my chest for him, for my brother who was there, for my Gorgeous Saviour.

Oh god! What has happened?

"Bambi!" I jerked when heard Dr. Baron, I realized I was shaking slightly, the overwhelming guilt was eating me, I can't face him, I can't face my Saviour, I tried to move away looking down but Gideon didn't allowed. I was losing energy or it was my guilt overpowering, I couldn't fight him. I just couldn't.

"Worrying about someone who almost killed you, only you can think of Niera."

"He could but what happened to him, he was just doing his duty Sir Gerard, he was performing his job with loyalty. He wasn't wrong." I protested, however my own words sounds lifeless to me.

"Performing duties doesn't mean you harm someone, let alone damage people going beyond limit, Bambi." Dr. Baron argued, his tone firm which I seldom hear when he converse with me.

I bit my lip looking down, clutching Gideon's shirt's small piece to my life as he held me to him, oddly it didn't look wrong, in his arms I felt safe, when I should fidget to move away and burn in embarrassment.

Perhaps my distraught self is under effect of events just passed.

"If Majesty wouldn't have intervened. It could—"

A warning growl killed all the efforts of his to continue, I move closer to him instinctively. The quietness arrested the gigantic hall; tension was breaking all my resolves to stay calm.

My instincts need a mental asylum!

"He brought himself in problem because of me." I sighed still looking down penetrating the vague thickness of atmosphere; looking in those blue pools was the most painful thing when I was burning in self agony.

But I was forced to raise my head when one tinkling touch on my chin forced me softly.

Neither anger, nor pain, or anything remorse, just pure sincerity and warmth was swiveling in those Caribbean blue orbs, I almost gasped at the sincerity, losing myself I found the same warmth they always hold for me.

When others face coldness, I'm graced with warmth, I don't know why and how but I feel privileged and it may makes me greed and selfish, I wish to be the sole holder of this warmth.

"Neither had I brought any problem on self, nor I'll let any to come near you." Gideon promised boring his gaze into mine, his orbs shone with twinkling depth.

When I tried to speak he placed his finger on my lips, the spark of delight stunned me, "No worry, no thoughts."

"McCoy will be absolutely fine, if that's what you need assurance of." I turned over my shoulder to Dr. Baron who spoke.

"Will he?" I asked with a gleam of hope.

He offered me his best charming smile with an assuring nod. I believed him for which I let some tension leave my body.

"Are you hurt?" I asked taking his hand into mine for any injury, a breath of relief escaped my lips when I found none.

My greedy eyes tried to steal his sight but were captured when I found his twinkling orbs smiling down at me.

Relief, calmness or eccentricity washed all my distress away.

He is fine!

"I guess now we should find how he could find out." I muttered looking back to the group of gentlemen, turning in Gideon's arms, who as a relief let me.

I almost groan as the impending headache was coming to bother me from the back of my head, I was assure now, it be turn into a killer one soon.

"That I'll get from him, once he—" Theodore cleared his throat looking conscious for a moment. I heaved a sigh looking away, focusing on something for a long time pressurize my eyes.

"Has Mr. Raymond left?" I found myself asking out of nowhere, as I step away from Gideon, which was not very comforting task but a reasonable one when I was not alone and in front of so many people.

At last you got some sanity?

"I wish he has." I heard Dr. Baron's mumble and a stifled my giggle, the expressions on his face revealed he isn't very pleased to have Royal Guardian here.

"Oh! Actually I have hardly seen him these days, just asking."

"He is busy with other affairs that are needed to be taken care of Niera." Sir Gerard answered; I smiled at his explanation with a nod.

The atmosphere was light again, the thick cloak of tension I was sensing, I felt fading behind our small talks for which I was grateful.

"But when he'll be back?" Theodore asked exasperated, his words surprised me, I surmise but not to others since only I looked shock. Usually, it sounds disrespectful to ask about someone's departure when you're the host. But Theodore's inquiry was surprising and considering his nature, it was unexpectedly shocking.

"After full moon." Sir Gerard answered me; my frown crawled when his eyes stayed upon while answering but I nodded anyway.

"What about Lamia, how long we have to bear her?" my ears peeped at her mention, the strong emotion call disgust infuriated me, I could sense the same around, prominently from Gideon who stood quite close to me, I felt his energy rolling off him, surging on edges at Lamia's mention.

I averted my attention to Mr. Black who was now looking anxious and quiet after speaking, mentioning about Lamia.

"Why is she even here?" I voiced out with a hope to save Mr. Black from the agitated glares of people.

"She is a representative, how can she is so nosy—I mean so much interfering into crucial matters. And," I cast a glance at Gideon who was now staring at space in my shadow on floor.

"Why can't the constant warnings is not making any effect?"

It was a matter to put question upon, from what I have learnt till now. People would stop breathing if Gideon shows them his flint glare, or even Sir Gerard. Let alone going against them, it's like they consider it a sin. People respect them and the titles they earned. 

But when it comes to Lamia, she has been breaking rules, as far as I have perceived. She wasn't allowed to come to A V Inc. but she barged here that day and in my cabin yesterday.

What difference she has from any other representative or any ordinary resident of here that she dares to annoy Gideon and others.

"Does it have to do something with her being representative?" I put my query with ease; inside I was calculating if things go wrong how long I'll have to run to save myself from these people. Fortunately the door wasn't far but I was dreading now since Gideon was right beside me.

The breath on my shoulder almost startled me, I snapped my eyes over my shoulder and the stiffness left my back when I found Gideon who almost attached himself near me.

Is it just my imagination, or he really looks distinct yet eccentric today!

Gideon is behaving different!

"We are bearing her." I shot my head to Jerry who was now standing on his feet, the sleeves of his shirt were now rolled off above his elbows and the wounds were cleaned and bandages. I raised my eyes to his face, the pitch black in his orbs was new, it made me gulp, Jerry is angry.

His demeanor was nothing but his words confused me to another level, "Why? Why would she is been tolerated?"

I asked not only to him but others who went quiet all of a sudden. A sudden wave of uneasiness washed over me, soft yet prominent, but I ignored it to find my answers.

Why would they tolerate her when rules are for everyone?

Why anyone's indecency will be tolerated until one has something which only they can give.

***

Someday, I wonder how time pass,

It came and gone, while I waited for right call,

Someday, I look behind, thinking about what should've done,

Then I smile, something unexpected bloomed in mind,

I stood wondering, it was a good time!

Sometimes I really wonder I should see a hospital, from mental health specialist to a complete body checkup, I must get done soon. Another groan I muffled in my mouth as I roll my eyes at closed LED set.

Patience is a virtue only few can cherish, I had read in some book, by reading the quote looks simple but that the same time I was conflicted, how patience could be so complicated, all of us face this in our life sometime. But now that I think at it, I feel she was right.

The commotion of the door have me shot on my feet, the tall commanding and gentle figure of Sir Gerard graced me with his presence. A smile automatically graced my lips as he walked inside his cabin.

"Please have a seat child," he smiled as he sat on the beige sofa in front of mine; I followed the suit sitting back on the one I was seated at. My gaze was on him, his had me bound on his matured face. The cabin room sounds very quiet and calm, or it's his presence I was yet to debate over.

"You called me Sir?" I initiated, I keep a small smile on my lips, the gentleman rewarded me with his gentle all knowing smile, it actually leave me at ease. I felt my shoulders relaxing.

"Yes dear. Since yesterday's event," Sir Gerard's face turned grim, he exhaled a sigh before continuing, "I wanted to check, you could have taken a leave and rest. I surmise Revin conveyed our message."

"Yes he did Sir Gerard. But I was persistent to come." I answered placing my hands on my lap.

He nodded at my words before speaking, "I see, How are feeling now?"

I allowed myself to stay quiet for a moment.

Yesterday, I consider was a day of change. From confirming the mole here to McCoy's trick, it was something that was something shaking.

The moment I tried to pull the pieces of puzzle on Lamia, silence kicked into the huge hall, no one spoke or tried to defy my statement which I unintentionally blurt aloud. It was just Gideon's eyes snapped to me just when I found his, the distinctness was again there that made me powerless. Sir Gerard advised us, Jerry and I both to have rest. 

Dr. Baron gave us both all good check. The evening we spent in our respective rooms, the rest or sleep were far away from me, I could only recall the event, the cold grey of Gideon's orbs was something new and at the same time terrifying because it surely changed his complete demeanor.

Although the events were more than enough, I find my head going wild, the uninvited attacks of pain almost making me dizzy.

The hammering subsided after sometime but the pain was coming after short breaks like family guest. I could hardly sleep at night, the dark night and grey clouds kept me awake as I let myself wonder in the whole scenario happened.

If spoken, I was still in the shock, the dizziness traps me occasionally which I try to fight and hide from people concerned for me.

"I'm fine. Just heavy head and dizziness." I went with truth, I have learnt, lying sometimes can be disastrous.

"Since you wish to stay, but you can leave for anytime, It's not a wish decision to disturb your health." I nodded as he almost chastised me softly. A ghost of smile form on my lips hearing his concern.

"I'll Sir Gerard."

After my reassurance, the surroundings fall into quietness. Let out a sighed sigh, I took a decision to just ask what was bugging me since yesterday or days earlier.

"Am I important?" my words rang into the tranquil surroundings.

He heaved a sigh before his shrewd all knowing eyes bore into mine, I sat baffled praying if he would answer while I knew Sir Gerard's gaze was reading me, he knows my questions and the meaning behind while knowing how to answer. In time we debate, at certain points we debate whether to go ahead or not.

But Sir Gerard is that kind of man, who knows what and how to do, exactly. If he is quiet that means you're not getting answer, if he speaks you'll know only that much which is needed for you to be aware of.

He isn't in dilemma, he never is, either he is answering you with truth, or he is saving you in his silence.

"Niera," my ears peeped, a new adrenaline rushed in my back as I straightened to hear the respected man.

"In all these days, you have learnt so much. Somewhere you get pieces from us, sometimes you tricked people to know more. From deep analysis to questioning old beliefs, I'm sure you know more than we have provided." I gulped audibly at his words; it felt like I was caught in red light.

However in spite of it all, a small smile was sparkling on Sir Gerard's mature face, the edges of his eyes crinkles as he regarded me with that small smile.

"You asked me if you're important, think about it? Are you not?" he threw counter question.

I knew he was trying to puzzle me in his word maze. He knows how to push and pull the mental strings of someone, even when one is focused and determinant to dig him.

"Am I?" I heard my own mumble. Let him tell, let him explain!

"Why are you not? You have learnt, no one from outside is allowed, is it."

I found myself nodding. Sir Gerard crossed his leg over other, taking one comfortable position, like he is winning.

"Yet you are here."

"No one is allowed to take Princess's name, Majesty gave to the freedom to, in fact he himself told you about her." I continue to nod at every statement he announces.

"About the privilege to visit Majesty's floor, no one as but you do." His perfect grey-black brow arched as he threw this one. I pushed the image of people questioning me the same, putting their assumptions and accusations at my face while asking so.

"Why no one is allowed there, Sir Gerard?" Sir Gerard's face made certain changes; his eyes went to the A V on the wall behind us, above his desk before coming back to my face.

"It was Majesty's decision for his subject's benefit. When he takes decision, he puts his people before him."

"Is it because of A V emblem?" I heard myself asking, breaking the shackles of consciousness.

A small yet significant smirk formed on his lips as Sir Gerard regarded me with his all knowing smile.

"Knows more than told." He commented and I found myself blush.

"Yes, partly because of the Emblem."

"Partly?"

I was silently wishing, he can speak more, he would give more.

"There are parts of truth that are kept in dark for reasons. We must unveil them only when they allow to be unveiled."

I almost slouch my shoulders at the word maze he gave me to solve.

"How is he?" I asked instead. I don't have to elaborate, I know he know exactly of whom I'm asking for.

"Just like yesterday." He threw his word web, for others it could a simple statement but Sir Gerard knows where exactly he wants me to mull over.

I remember how distinct Gideon was after the revelation of mole in A V Inc. but the cold exteriors of his broke and something distinct took place when we were on golden Hall.

"Is everything all right with him?" I went on; I feel my palms getting sweaty.

"I suppose not, Child."

"Can I do something for it—I mean can we do something, after all so much has happened yesterday. He must be stressed."

Stressed? Really, he is Majesty King! Doesn't stress, he blasts! My snarky consciousness seems like awoken from hibernating mode.

Throwing broom on their faces, I focused on Sir Gerard who sat quiet taking note on my just spoken words.

"Yes, I really appreciate dear, if you want to help. You can pay him a visit, I'm sure Majesty would like a distraction from stress. He likes your company." My jaw slack as he initiated his suggesting note and I ended up, wide eyes, jaws falling on my lap, blushing furiously when he said the last word.

He likes my company! Does he? I found myself asking and thinking about all those times we were together.

Though, I can't speak for him, but my heart seals the fact, yes, I like the powerful stubborn Alpha's company and the well spoken fact made me warm even more from inside.

"But me, he will be angry if I'll just barge, don't you think?"

"If you don't wish to go, that's fine. He'll—"

"No! I mean, I can go if you want me to."

"No, there is no pressure dear."

"I'll go!" I almost flinched in my own jumping words resonated around in desperation.

Way to go Humpty Dumpty!

The crinkling amusement around the corner of his eyes made me wish the floor to tear up so I could jump and run away from the building, or town, or country if possible.

"Are you sure?" I almost grumbled when he tried to tease me, it was clear. I fought hard not to make face and make a fool of myself.

If you don't want me to, then just say!

"If I didn't wish for you to, then I won't have proposed this. And more over, his wish is important. I'm sure, he'll feel better with you around." His words strangely comforted me; I found assurance in those words and tint on my cheeks.

His mature face flaunted in wrinkling glow as he monitored my pink face.

"He is on second last floor now, in the same hall we were yesterday." He informed, my eyes rose to his, I noticed a spark there before mirth blended leaving only amusement to dominate.

I nodded looking back at my entwined fingers on my lap.

"Have you gave a thought to vacations, for your grandson?" I asked, suddenly the picture of that cute gentleman flashed in my mind and the gloomy sad expression of the old man staring at it.

"No, the Kingdom needs me now. I'm afraid, my presence is needed here."

"But your heart needs your loved ones." I argued, my soft mumble gives the idea of disagreement which I feel was.

"In the battle of desires and duties, a Royal Guardian has always chose Duties, Niera. Nothing and no one is an exception. We are abide to our roles."

"What rules are they that you forgot you're a human, have a family and people who look for you." I questioned, I know I'm doing a mistake questioning the laws which they hold above their life but I can't see how a person is so dedicated to his duties to forget his family.

Past slapped me, hard! Of course, sometimes duties make you; bind you to an extent that you have to follow them. As a duty. Or liability.

But Sir Gerard, I find no bounds or sadness in him when he speaks of his work. In fact he takes it with pride.

"We are surviving because of these laws. There is always a history behind our legends."

"I agree. I apologies, I didn't want to question anything but wanted you to be happy." I mumbled looking down, embarrassed and ashamed for my words.

"I really appreciate your kind heart my dear. I'll meet him soon, hopefully." I finally smiled at his words.

I'm not kind...! My heart is not kind...!

"I better—" my words halted when the door bust open revealing a stone faced Mr. Theodore, whose eyes were red in unsaid fury. I almost cringed when his dark gaze darted at me and acknowledged my presence.

"Sir Gerard! May I have a moment, please?" he politely asked in his usual firm tone, bowing his head, I smell urgency in his demeanor.

Sir Gerard glanced his way before nodding; they walked toward the other side of the gigantic cabin's door.

How vast a cabin should be? My trail of thoughts broke when I heard the buzz, mobile vibrating somewhere. My gaze roams around in search and found a silver slim mobile on the sofa where Sir Gerard was seated.

Frowning I let it ring, before it went silent only to blink again on call.

Sighing, I bit my lip wondering what to do.

If it's not important than it shouldn't have repeated. But if it's important then— where is he? After a whole minute of debate I stood up walking two step to the sofa and picking up the device and flopping down near it.

"Baba Calling!"

"Baba? Baba means papa, Sir Gerard's father is calling?" I gasped, looking at his and his grandchild, can he—can it?

Shaking my head frantically I threw the theory before glancing at the vibrating phone in my hand.

Baba could be baby?

My eyes widen; his Child or grandchild.

A smile formed on my lips, Baba, such a cute endearment. He'll be so happy to hear from him.

But where is he?

Debating for another second, I stare at the screen, what if there is something important. I can convey message!

Good idea!

Giving myself a virtual back pat, I slide the screen accepting the call when it was almost ending.

"Hello?" silence greeted me, making me frown.

Of course! The person or Baba precisely must be expecting Sir Gerard not a girl.

"Um! I'm sorry to pick this call. Actually Sir Gerard is not around at the moment, I'll ask him to call back once he comes back. If it's something important, you can pass me the message—hang on, it must be something personal. I'll ask him to call back, Bab—I mean," I almost bit too hard on my tongue stuttering.

""Um! Is there any name I can give to him?" I asked anticipating response, however not even a breath was heard.

Is the caller still there?

Removing the phone from my ear, I checked the screen and with a relief placed it back on my ear, "Are you there?"

Just then I heard the commotion of door, my head snapped over my shoulder and found Sir Gerard and Theodore coming, engrossed in their own silent conversation.

"Oh! He is here, just a second. I'll give him the phone." I smiled on the call as I shot up, their eyes found mine hearing me.

I took only a step and heard the disconnecting tone, removing the device from my ear I checked, indeed the call was disconnected.

"What happened dear?"

I raise my eyes to Sir Gerard until now he has identified his phone in my hand.

"I'm sorry Sir Gerard but there was a call for you. It was constantly ringing, so I picked up thinking it's urgent."

"Who was it, dear?" he asked nonchalantly, taking his phone from my forwarded hand.

"Baba!" the word came out of my lips in mumbling whisper, but the impact it held on him was like the gust of strong wind.

He stilled, I captured the mature eyes widen for a second before composing self.

Theodore too seemed shocked from my peripheral view.

"Had he said something?" Sir Gerard asked, urgency dangling in his soft tone.

It means whosoever it was, is important, important much to surprise him and bring out the mask of shrewd business man from him. But who?

I shake my head negative, "No, whosoever it was, he was silent and killed the call. You can call back, he must be expecting your call since I said, you'll." But apparently my words crashed to walls, since I found Sir Gerard was staring at his phone screen, his thumb moving on the now inactive screen.

"Have I done something wrong? I'm sorry."

"No child, nothing is there to apologies." Sir Gerard smile patting my flushed embarrassed cheek.

"I suggest you should call back, he must be important."

"He is." Theodore murmured, his eyes found mine before falling on Sir Gerard.

"You can go to Majesty now." Instead Sir Gerard said, I know why this sudden mention of Gideon. He is not in favor of continuing the subject and my intervention into his personal matter.

I nodded, his old face smiled as he patted my cheek once, nodding at them both, I walked out.

The mixed feeling in me was unsettling, there was something in that silence, quiet was not tranquil. It wasn't a one sided conversation, the silence was speaking, more than I could comprehend. It was something more.

***

The rush of adrenaline and jumping excitement, all left me senses as I stand counting on my breaths. Meeting Gideon and barging into his distinct stance, sounds appealing but implements, it doesn't follow the sane slide of sanity.

Walking away or walking inside, I was on swing of choice, whether I'll make a choice or another face of disaster, it was on the line.

Wiping my sweat drenched palm I found the golden knob of the mahogany door pushing it. My conscious nervous gaze roams in the giant hall, and fall on the figure glowing in golden light. Closed eyes, hand on forehead, my Gorgeous Saviour seems deep in thoughts, distressed thoughts.

It may be few moments I stood still on the threshold darting my gaze at the man sitting on the sofa.

"Step inside Niera." I gasped audibly when his voice rang into the hall, the tiredness was looming in that tone which I have known to command always, a sting in my chest forced me to exhale as I entered, closing the door behind me.

How are you?

Why are you here?

What's bothering you?

Are you here from yesterday?

Several questions were bothering me, bubbling in my anxious mind but I chose to be quiet, stand close to him while he was still closed eyes.

How does he know I'm here, that it was me?

"I can find you in miles, it was a few steps to feel you." His words bemused me but all long forgotten when his eyes finally open and dart into mine, I couldn't help but gasp softly. The severe intensity of his orbs had me captive, despite stressed, I found a small ghost of smile I caught on his lips.

"How is your head ache?" he asked, looking at me intently.

I blushed against his intense gaze but went with truth, knowing lie he can catch from miles away.

Here I was here for him and he is asking me.

"I feel faint hammering occasionally but it's getting better."

"How are you?" I asked instead, Gideon's eyes show surprise but he surely knows how to mask it.

"What will happen to me?" he shrugged carelessly.

"Just like I can't lie, you can't mask yourself from me." I almost smirked at my accomplishment.

"I don't want to."

His words forced me to frown, the back of my head came alive with a throbbing attack of pain, I fought hard to muffle my exasperated groan.

Disregarding his almost insignificant words and my throbbing head, I took a step removing myself from the same position I was standing in.

"There is something bothering you Gideon." I stated instead. The faint frown lines gave me answer; I allowed a tight smile to appear on my lips.

"And what it could be?" he asked, surely his counter questioning has started to rile me up. Yet I chose to answer anyway.

"Anything that is concerned with someone who—matters."

Gideon smirked delightfully, my heart fluttered in my chest; I cleared my throat out of sudden moving away two steps as he hot in his feet, his tall glory gleams looks breathtaking.

"You prioritize others over you. It could be about someone or something significant." I went on not wavering my gaze from him, in spite of the desire to hide somewhere; I chose to keep my eyes on him, so that any slight change I can catch before it goes away.

"Absolutely Niera. It's about someone significant in my life." The smile appeared on his lips was delightful but it brought a ping of jealously—hurt in my chest.

Who it could be?

Why am I feeling so deep?

I chastised myself, Gideon's eyes bore into mine, the glint of something sparked in light as he assessed me through his gaze.

Who? I almost blurt but sanity put some restrains and I bluntly nodded.

"Won't you ask who?"

Yes, speak who is it? Why is that significant in your life?

"You want to share?" I asked softly feeling conscious of my running tongue instead.

"You want to hear?" I almost face palmed myself groaning.

Is this a teasing cross questioning and fun making while talking day in A V Inc., why all authority men are playing with me?

Gideon's mirth dangling gaze was annoying me to further level, it was so clear, so lucid he is teasing and in spite of being known to the fact, I couldn't save myself and prevent from being a fool in his eyes.

But his amused and carefree nature is new and refreshing and you like it. I silently gave my agreement.

"It could be anyone, Alicia?" I mumbled, hopeful, my eye brows almost touched the last inch of my forehead.

"You could have just said yes, and I would have given you a name." he asserted.

"Would you?" I asked suspicious at the same time surprised by his open confrontation.

"All your questions will have my answers, Niera." I almost cried when he said this. Gideon's gaze was sincere when he spoke, I know he was serious, he is serious.

"So who is it?"

"You just loose a chance to have your answer." He shrugged nonchalantly.

"But all my answers—"

"You think too much, you shouldn't fear around me." He cut me off briskly.

"I don't." I said with conviction. I don't fear around Gideon, in fact him around gives me security, my mind, heart and body feel at ease around him and I feel peace, soothing peace around.

"Glad to hear that."

"But who is it that you're worried about, isn't it Alicia—Princess Alicia?"

Gideon let out a resigned sigh looking away he answered, "Partly. She is the topic of my concern. But she isn't someone I'm worried about."

"Is she all right?" I found myself asking, a glint of worry sparked in my chest for the powerful princess.

"Yes, as far as I'm aware of."

"You sound like—don't you both meet? She is here in Kingdom then, doesn't she live with you."

I fought silence of anticipation, but for all my questions in one go and clear flow, Gideon gave a soft shake to his head. Silent answer, common for all!

I found myself nodding before my gaze went to him.

"I hope that someone you're concerned for is all right and stay healthy."

"I fear for the same, since that person is quite adventurous and curious for her own good to stay all right and healthy." I gape openly, my jaw fall on the floor, the invisible particles of dust greeted my tongue as I stood wide eye at the man.

Gideon chuckled; his laughter rang around the silent hall, like melody of moonlight. I shivered at the husky tone, not removing my surprised eyes from his gorgeous face. It was a marvelous, breathtaking sight and I feel so charmed, and lucky to be the beholder of this sight.

"You're adorable when you look surprised."

"And you look more gorgeous when you laugh, it's a rare yet enchanting sight." I retorted, through my mouth or heart because my soul was still dancing in that melody.

"You're the reason, this stone feels."

My heart lurched hearing him, the charm of his soul stirring eye made me warm from inside. At that moment I know Gideon was peeping into my soul.

"Well then, I'm glad to be the reason of your concern, so you finally allow yourself to feel." I spoke dramatically, trying to ease off the intense moment we just build.

"Since you're looking better now, I must leave."

"You can stay." I almost stumbled on my still feet when he broke my awkward moment.

"But I should leave." I mumbled in response.

Every fiber of mine was begging me to leave but I took a step forward looking away.

When I went to open the door, it flung open, I took an instinctive step back, the face came made me leap to Gideon's side and I did exactly that.

Lamia!

The venom and rage in her eyes terrified me; Gideon took a step ahead, shielding me in his shadow.

The tranquil atmosphere had to burst; Lamia had graced us with her unwanted presence. I followed how gracefully she sauntered inside, her feet crossing the distance between us all on her high heels, the malice she wore on her crimson lips which was nothing but offering negativity. I took a step closer to Gideon almost colliding to his chest, secretly wishing for him to move me closer to him. He makes me safe, he makes me stable.

"How could you?"

I flinched as the intensity she was shrilling, the pale complexion of hers was getting whiter in rage she held against others. Like a ghost—banshee her demeanor was screaming.

Gideon I felt relaxing with each passing moment, the change in atmosphere was getting thicker but strangely it was soothing. I fought hard the frown which was coming to my forehead to show my inside dilemma.

"Not so nice to meet you, Lamia." Gideon greeted her, I felt humor in his tone, he was pleased in her anger. Frankly speaking, I too was, her last encounter was still fresh in my memory.

But I was more curious to know what actually she comes complain over.

"You bring barriers to confine me, how dare you, King?" a chuckle escaped Gideon's lips; I felt a shudder erupting in my chest at the husky sound, which then turned dark.

"Speaking about daring in my Kingdom, you might be very foolish to speak before thinking Lamia."

"Have I enraged the King?" she countered smugly. The traces of anger vanished at that moment from her face as she relished the moment annoying the King.

"You think highly of yourself Lamia, I pity your confidence. But as for the fact, no, you haven't." Gideon's retort surprised me.

"Oh! Has it? Such a shame, you used to give me desired reaction on my petty actions. What has changed now?" her saccharin coated tone disgusted me; her eyes fluttered before her gaze touched me, finally taking my presence into consideration, an evil smile crawled over her lips.

"Seems like the new toy has you wrapped around their tiny finger." She went on and I felt my anger hiking.

Is she talking about me?

"May be! Are you jealous?" I couldn't help but surprise at his words.

Something flickered there in her sparking eyes as she took a step forward. The step wipes off her smug smirk, she stilled for a moment there, her eyes widened before she struggled and took that step back. 

My bafflement witnessed her changing demeanor, from confidence she fought to keep herself straight. My gaze stole a glance at Gideon beside me who had a smug look adoring his face which seems pleased at her discomfort.

"I remember warning you about crossing your limits, Lamia. Still you thrive to challenge me." Gideon's soft silky tone had an underlying flint command which was too strong to neglect. Neither I nor Lamia could disregard it.

"Things are not as same as last time; don't forget you are breathing here on my Alicia's mercy."

A sharp edgy chuckle resonated, my eyes sharply shot toward Lamia who dared to laugh darkly when something was there to provide her discomfort.

"Yes, Princess! Of course! God bless her if he exists." She scoffed looking elated.

"Shall I take it; you would go against her this time, a novelty?" she dared to ask, her pale forehead has started to cover with sweat while I was fighting hard to fight the cold. There is something eccentricity ruling the air.

"I will if I have to, I'm the King not she." Gideon's retort made me still, why does he even entertaining her!

"You let her take decision, last time." She pointed out. As if counting his mistakes.

"Yes, I did but now, I won't even need to because this time our decision will be same, Lamia. Don't push us, save your pitiful life before we rip it off from your pathetic existence."

"Princess and Majesty, standing on the same side of one coin, it's enthralling to hear, such a fantasy you weave King. Is it this new toy teaching you? Humanity? Ah! She is feisty."

If it wasn't for the constant buzzing inside I might have ended up strangulating her pretty pale neck with my own hands.

"You would like to abide by rules around her." Gideon snarled, I flinched noticing the sudden change in his demeanor, a surge of power I felt surfacing around him, it was palpable. I took a sharp intake of breath as it almost snatched away the air from me. It was getting overwhelming.

"Why she makes an exception, may I ask?" I flinched at the tone she used.

It must not affect me, her calling me a toy, because she herself has no respect and honor but the way her tone sounds, it implicates wrong meaning.

"Why should you?" I heard myself speaking; either it was my temper, or the limit of tolerance that gave away. I took a step ahead moving away from the secure solace Gideon's shadow was providing. Not always one can be shelter, when I have faced all the demons in life why I let myself away from this one.

I walked holding my chin up, daring her to speak rubbish about me now, the strange uneasiness started to crawl into my back but I gave myself completely to the temper... rage she aflame.

"Who are you to speak or ask anything here? It's just I respect him and this place, otherwise we all have mouth and mind to retort Lamia, it's just we hold class and honor. But let me advice you, stick to your work and leave. Things and people have limits, and from what I've learnt about him, you must think before riling him up or me."

The shock was evident in her eyes; she tried hard but failed to cover it up. For once I was so angry at Gideon who just didn't kick her, or asked me to strangulate her.

Lamia snapped her gaze toward Gideon than back at me, her dark orbs smoldering.

She took one dangerous step toward me; I stood my place not getting intimidating.

"Lamia!" Gideon's growl froze her advancing step, my gaze stole a glance and he was on his place, clinching his fists, his knuckles turned white while his orbs turned brown, blazing brown.

All disdained, everything disdained, all forgotten! The next movement passing moment knocked me out of self.

I took a sharp intake of breath when I felt something, a surge of energy around, before anything could register, it paralyzed my senses for a mere second, my hand clutched against my skirt, when my pulse increased, I felt my heart going frantic, just for a second but it was an experience that was not fading, a gust of wind rushed, this time it wasn't harsh but soft yet notably strong, the sweet musky scent invaded my nostrils. I exhaled to take in the scent but instead of sweetness, I felt uneasiness taking it inside me.

The burden on shoulders broke me as the glass door flies over, the vase beside it rattled before a crash resonated piercing into my ear drums, my auditory nerves shrilled at the sound.

"Move Lamia!"

I heard a voice, polished firm, the stillness crashed to me after that, I heard Lamia's faint movement. That moment, my eyes shot open to find one person whom I seek in the lost raft in the stormy ocean fighting the lightening.

Gideon!

He is there at a distance, I regret moving away from him, I regret leaving his side, but one thing kept me warm, his eyes over me.

"Why?" I heard a distinct whisper, perhaps Lamia's. but I kept my eyes on my Gorgeous Saviour, who stood watching my struggle which was mine and visible to him, I witnessed his anger blended in worry for me as he kept his gaze upon me, which spoke volumes.

"Move Lamia!" The growl didn't affect me, from my peripheral view I saw she flinched just in Gideon's command but Gideon didn't commanded, the warning was from someone else.

A gasp ripped out of me, along with life when my chest wrenched in pain when he answered her, his words, each one pierced my ears or soul. My gaze tore from Gideon's who leaped forward to the man who spoke, the face I registered in my eyes before the last string of energy was torn away, my knees gave away. His words rang before I was in my Gorgeous Saviour's arm.

"Because she is my mate!"

She is my mate!

***

In the moonless night,

When dark sky thunders in rage,

My lost voyage fights the storm,

Frantic my drenched gaze took around in distress,

Though, the murk winning,

The depth of ocean pulls me inside,

I fight holding a fragile hope, you'll come;

I know you'll!

***

October 26, 2018

When mate was beside she was secured and fragile,

Leaving him was a regrettable act which surely she finds.

First the mess of McCoy, the Sir Gerard's maze, how was the last part of their sweet meet.

What happened to Niera all of a sudden? Was her feeling so much normal?

Why Gideon behaved so distinct?

So much happened, so many explanations. Do we have some questions or confusions?

Ask away, we may able to brainstorm together.

One more thing can you find which book she was referring to ranting about Patience? if so, tell me!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Share your views.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share. It'll be highly appreciated.

Thank You,

Neelam

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 9.2K 39
Sugar McKenzie and August Wakefield couldn't be more different - Sugar, a meticulous, caring, but lonely paramedic and August, a charming former real...
3.8M 139K 56
Lauren is in trouble. BIG trouble. She found her mate - and he ISN'T her sweet, long-term, long-distance boyfriend. He's an Alpha. Can you blame a gi...
20.8M 679K 109
Once a forgotten Omega, now the next Luna of the Blood Moon pack-Nova must uncover the secrets of her heritage while unraveling the reason her new Al...
12M 575K 127
[COMPLETE] Some bonds can't be broken, even in death. -- He couldn't endure another heartbreak. "Accepting her would be a mistake," he said. "She's a...