Angel Eyes || Cody Bellinger

By DodgersKings

Chris and Desiree play fixer-upper. More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty - Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty Four

Eleven

1.5K 20 2
By DodgersKings

Cody's POV- April 2018

The front door opened just as I finished folding a handful of bath towels that had been left in the dryer during our road trip. There was no food in the fridge, and I was actually waiting for Chris to get home so we could go eat something. He had ditched me last night to go see Desiree and had spent the night at her place.

"You're up"

"I am" I confirmed.

Chris set a bag on the kitchen counter before making his way over.

"Did you eat already?"

I shook my head.

"No, I was waiting for you" I replied.

He scratched his neck.

"I already ate"

Honestly, I was happy for Chris and at the fact that a girl had shown equal interest in him. It still pissed me off though that he was just dropping me to go hang out with her. Yes, it was selfish but the feeling of rejection hurt. I considered him to be one of my best friends, so it bummed me out that he just didn't want to hang out with me. 

"But I brought you food"

"Thank you" I answered.

Chris nodded and stared at me before asking,

"How'd you sleep?"

I shrugged lightly.

"Okay," I answered.

Last night, I couldn't sleep so I called Marisol. It was late, and even though I woke her up she still stayed up with me. I had actually shared with her that I did not like being alone, and I'm going to assume she remembered.

"Uh, I'm having dinner with Desiree, do you want to come with?"

I shook my head.

"Nah, I've got plans" I replied.

He slowly nodded and stared at me for a second before saying,

"You're not mad that I left, right?"

Of course I was mad, but he had every right to leave

"It is what it is," I said.

I cleared my throat.

"So what did you bring me?" I asked.

"Uh, I got you your usual plate at IHop"

"You know my order?" I questioned.

"Yup, I got you an extra crepe"

"Thanks," I told him as I walked around him and into the kitchen.

"We have no food, so I was thinking about going to the grocery store. Do you want to come with?"

"Sure" I responded.

"Okay, great. While you eat, I'll go shower"

"Sounds good," I said.

I rubbed my temples before standing up to get something to drink and a fork.

"You okay?"

"Yeah" I answered.

Once I got everything, I took a seat and looked at Chris.

"Can I help you?" I questioned.

He scratched his jaw.

"When was the last time you talked with your mom?"

"It's been a while" I answered.

And to be honest, it was bothering me. I was close to my mom, and I missed her daily calls. She did not approve that I was talking to Marisol, and I knew this because my older sister, Ashlie told me. I couldn't let my mom run my life, so I just had to suck it up. 

"She hasn't tried to call you?"

"Nope" I replied.

He frowned a bit.

"I'm sorry you're going through that"

I shrugged.

"It is what it is" I stated before turning my attention to my food. 

Once he was gone, I looked up at the ceiling and took a deep, shaky breath. After I composed myself, I continued eating. Chris appeared about 20 minutes later to find me watching TV.

"Ready to go?"

"Yup" I answered.

I grabbed my phone and wallet that was on the coffee table across from me and stood up. 

"You're driving, right?" I asked.

"Yes"

I followed him out and locked the door behind me.

"So you have plans tonight?"

"Yes," I confirmed.

"With Marisol?" 

I nodded and smiled as he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Not like that," I told him.

"Baby steps"

We got into his car and during the drive to the grocery store, 

"We should have come in my car, I really need to wash it" I said.

He glanced in my direction.

"I'll go with you, there's still time"

The grocery store was a dangerous place for me, which is why Chris never let me go alone. He was sure that I would buy only ice cream and noodles...and he was not wrong.

"So where are you going with Marisol?"

"We're getting sushi" I replied.

"Oh, nice"

I nodded.

"So should I expect you back?"

"I should ask you that" I answered.

"I'll be sleeping in my own bed tonight"

Good, so was I.

"Is Desiree spending the night?" I asked.

I did not mind her as I had said before, I was happy that a girl was showing equal interest in Chris. 

"She is not"

"Did you ask? Suggest it?" I wondered.

"No"

"Well then ask" I pushed.

I watched as he placed a gallon of milk and two cartons of eggs in the shopping cart.

"I'll ask her later, she's kind of at work"

Forgot about that. She literally retired from playing professional soccer to finish up Veterinarian school and work a 9-5 job.

"Has she finished paying that G-Wagon?" I suddenly asked.

"As far as I know, yes"

Nice, props to her. I could not afford a G-Wagon...yet. Cough Cough, Dodgers, I want a nice contract..wink.

"So she must not have any loans," I said.

"She does not"

It made sense though, she did play collegiate soccer which meant she had a scholarship. As for veterinarian school, i'm sure she paid that with her pro soccer contracts (National and Women's Pro).

"Cool," I noted.

I followed him and watched as he filled the shopping cart with food and snacks that I am going to assume would last us this homestand.

"What kind of ice cream do you want?"

"That's a dangerous question" I answered.

My phone chimed as I began looking at the options. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and unlocked it to see Marisol had replied to my text with her address. 

"I'm good with Cookies and Cream, what do you want?" I asked Chris as I locked my phone and put it back in my pocket.

"Wait, you're letting me choose?"

"You suck at choosing ice cream, but you live at home as well," I said.

He chuckled.

"The strawberry ones"

I grabbed the box and placed it in the shopping cart.

"So who texted you?"

"Marisol" I answered.

There was no point in lying.

"What'd she text?"

"She sent me her address, so I could pick her up" I replied.

I looked at him when he said nothing. 

"Can we get chips?" I asked hoping to change the subject.

"Sure, only one bag though"

"One for each," I reasoned.

He chuckled.

"We're supposed to eat healthily"

"I'm all for healthy eating, but I have to keep my weight," I told him.

"I feel you there"

Chris had gained weight during the offseason, and he had already dropped some weight. In order to keep the weight, it involved a lot of working out and eating. We got a lot of food, and snacks, so I'd say it was a pretty successful trip. After we got home, we put away everything and cleaned the place up. Our place was not a mess, but it could be more organized. Once I finished doing my part, I took a shower and decided to take a nap. It was early, so I had time...or so I thought. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 129 50
AJ Pollock's younger sister Savannah, fresh out of College goes to live with her brother in LA in hopes to find a job. She graduated with her degree...
6.2K 83 13
requests closed cover by me <3 too many oneshots that always seem to include dogs.
57.9K 540 61
just trying some new stuff out. I hope you enjoyπŸ˜‡πŸ’•
157K 2.2K 50
This story begins after a one night stand. Completed November 1, 2017 βœ“