Fifteen

Marisol's POV- April 2018

It was technically none of my business, but at the same time, I was the reason Cody was not talking to his mom. Last night, after Cody's breakdown, while he was asleep I unlocked his phone with his thumbprint and got his mom's phone number. He had mentioned his mom was in town at the moment for her birthday. I got to campus early today, so after I got my coffee I called his mom. Yes, I actually called his mom and well...I think I got through her. Sure she hung up on me, but I decided to leave her a voicemaile. Guess I did a good job because she called me back. We talked on the phone for a bit, and I informed her what was going on with her son. It was then that we agreed to meet after Cody's game for dinner. She wanted to formally meet me, and I was gonna give her that wish. 

"Don't look" I warned as I adjusted the strap of my dress.

Cody laughed.

"Marisol, you put an eye mask on me. I literally cannot see anything"

"I wanted to make sure," I told him.

I looked at him through the rear view mirror to see there was a genuine smile on his face.

"So where are we going?"

"To dinner" I answered.

"Like a date?"

"No, we're meeting someone up" I replied.

"Darn"

I smiled.

"Perhaps next time," I told him.

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah" I confirmed.

"What about Wednesday?"

"I've got to be up early on Thursday" I responded.

"We can have dinner at your place?"

I smiled.

"I'll think about it," I told him. 

"It's all I ask"

I reached for my heels and quickly slipped them on.

"Okay, you can take off the mask" I replied.

He did and turned around to look at me.

"I did not think it was possible for you to look even more beautiful"

I chose to ignore him and got out of the car. As he got out, I grabbed my purse and made sure the gift I had for Jennifer was in there. 

"Let me fix your shirt," I said.

He let me fix the collar of his shirt and smiled as I 'checked him out' in order to see if he was nicely dressed.

"Do I look okay?"

"You look, great" I answered.

I took a hold of his hand and began walking towards the entrance. He noticed his mom pretty quick and stopped walking.

"What's going on?"

"You're going to talk to your mom" I replied.

He frowned. 

"Do I have a choice?"

"No really" I truthfully answered.

I tugged on his hand and led him inside.

"I'm fully capable of defending myself," I told him.

He pursed his lips and nodded.

"Fine"