Twenty Seven

Marisol's POV- August 2018

I wore makeup every day for long periods of time (12+ hours), so my night routine went a little like this; I removed my makeup with a cleanser, showered, double cleansed, finished showering, got dressed, blow dried my hair, applied toner, applied hyaluronic acid treatments on spots I knew were prone to acne and finished it off with moisturizer. 

Since tomorrow was technically my 'off day', my self-care routine was a bit longer than usual. I would add a face mask after I took off my makeup, before my shower. Cody was also spending the night, so I braided my hair. If I did not do this, my hair would somehow find it's way under him, which would result in me crying in pain when he shifted away from me or when I was trying to get up before him. 

The light beeps of the front door opening were heard, and Bugs' barks soon followed. Another set of beeps followed as the house alarm was reset. I opened the bathroom door just in time to hear Cody's laugh.

"No, you lick your butt!"

Bugs was probably trying to lick Cody's face. 

"Hey stranger" I greeted.

Cody set Bugs down and smiled at me. I returned the smile and made my way inside my room.

"Rude!"

I tossed my dirty laundry in its bin and turned around just as Cody walked in.

"And to think I brought you food"

He set his duffle bag on the floor, and the food on my desk before making his way over. 

"You're being mean"

I laughed and sat on the bed.

"How so?" I asked.

"You're walking away from me"

He leaned down and pecked my lips.

"I missed you"

My hand reached over and lightly scratched the stubble growing on his face.

"What'd you bring?" I questioned.

He smiled.

"I missed you too, Cody"

"You know I did," I replied.

He hummed and pecked my lips once more.

"I brought Chinese food, but before you pout I called ahead and told them I'd be bringing containers"

I took his face and gave him a big smooch.

"Thank you" I told him.

His cheeks flushed.

"If you're going to kiss me like, you know I don't mind being environmentally sustainable"

I laughed and kissed him once more before standing up.

"What'd you get?" I wondered.

"Chowmein, fried rice, that red pork you really like, and dumplings"

He pulled the other chair I had on the other side of the room and took a seat next to me.

"How was your day?"

"I watched a cow give birth" I replied.

"Cool, I obviously didn't do much seeing as we lost to the Astros"

I said nothing and stood up.

"Do you want blueberry lemonade?" I asked.

When he nodded, I gave him a quick peck before exiting the room and going downstairs. Bugs followed me to retrieve one of his toys. I filled two glasses with lemonade and made my way back upstairs. 

"Here you go," I told Cody.

"Thank you"

I took a seat next to him.

"Do you know any redheads?" I wondered as I took a seat.

He chuckled.

"First off, where did that question come from? Second, yes I do, and you know him too. JT"

He didn't count seeing as he was married.

"Besides him," I said.

"I think there's a guy in the farm system"

That would take too long, she needed a friend now.

"Why?"

"I think that's Stevie's type" I replied.

So Sabina and I had a friend in common. Her bestfriend, Stevie was my classmate.

"Huh, I would have never guessed"

I shrugged and continued eating.

"Will you be able to make it to tomorrow's game?"

"Yes" I confirmed.

He smiled and went back to eating. After we were done eating, I took the containers downstairs and put them in the fridge. While I did that, Cody went to brush his teeth. I joined him in the bathroom a couple of minutes later, and began to brush my teeth.

"I'm gonna go change into my PJs" 

And by that, he meant strip into his boxers. I finished brushing my teeth and rinsed my mouth with some mouth wash before shutting off the lights and walking back to my room. 

"Tired?" I asked.

"Exhausted"

I shut off the light as he turned on the light on the nightstand. once we both climbed into bed, he shut it off and shifted to look at me.

"Thank you"

"For?" I wondered.

"Not letting me talk about bad about myself"

"You win and lose as a team," I told him.

He pulled me closer and kissed my forehead.

"I love you"

I hugged his waist as he stiffened up.

"I know" I replied.

"You do?"

I kissed his shoulder and nuzzled against him.

"Your sister told me" I disclosed.

He laughed.

"Wait, what?"

"She showed up the weekend before finals week to apologize for being rude, and well disclosed to me that you were in love with me" I answered.

"Well this is embarrassing"

"Why?" I wondered.

"Cause you don't feel the same way"

I sat up and reached over him to turn on the light. Once the light was on, I sat down and looked at Cody who was avoiding eye contact.

"Cody, look at me" I said.

He slowly looked at me.

"I wouldn't call it love, yet but I can say that I really really really like you" I emphasized.

A smile formed on his face.

"Oh"

I leaned over and gave him a kiss before cuddling up against him.

"Now be a doll and shut the light off" I stated.

He chuckled.

"Yeah"

Once the light was off, we both quickly fell asleep.