One

Cody's POV- March 2018

Have you ever dragged out a relationship because you didn't want to hurt the person's feelings? I was in that position a couple of weeks ago, and I decided it would be best to just end things and not lead the person on. Before I could do that, my girlfriend (now ex-girlfriend), Zoey told me she was in love with me. I felt like a complete dick for breaking up with her a few seconds later. This happened on the day I was supposed to report to Spring Training. 

It was a forced relationship from the very start. I was actually getting ready to go out that Friday evening when mom showed up with her. I had to drop my plans because my mom wanted me to go on a date with this girl. Even though the date went pretty well, I did have plans. 

That Friday, I was supposed to go out for dinner with Marisol, a girl I had been crushing on for a while. It took a lot of convincing, but I managed to get her to agree to go on a date with me. Mom didn't even give me a chance to cancel this date, so I stood Marisol up with no explanation as to why I did. I tried calling her after, but the calls went straight to Voicemail. It hurt, but I deserved to be ignored because I'm sure I had hurt her feelings by hyping her up for the date and then never showing up. She was raised by a single father, so she suggested we meet at the restaurant. The following day, I showed up at the restaurant only to have the server tell me that Marisol showed up and stayed there until closing time. I knew I had fucked up when the server told me Marisol left in tears, but not before leaving me a note. What did the note say? In her bubbly writing, it said,

Fuck you, Cody Bellinger.

Have you ever wondered why I performed so bad for most of the World Series last November? Well, now you know. To this day, my mom still doesn't know that I was supposed to go on a date that night. 

"I just don't understand why you two even broke up?"

My sister, Ashli had been very vocal about her disagreement with my decision to end things with Zoey. 

"It just felt too rushed" I confessed.

"She was perfect for you though!"

I had heard that phrase one too many times from our mom.

"I'm going to head out, already" I stated.

Ashli frowned.

"Wait! Why?"

Cole, our younger brother looked up from his phone and chuckled.

"Cause you and mom are pestering him?"

Ain't that the truth. Cole also mentioned to me that Zoey was going to 'randomly' show up for dinner. He was the only one in my family (my dad decided not to meddle in my relationship) to voice his dislike for Zoey.

"My hotel room is a mess and I need to pack," I told her.

I had already packed, but she did not need to know that. The Dodgers were headed back to LA in 3 days to close out Spring Training with a series against the Angels. 

"Do you need a ride?"

I shook my head as my phone chimed.

"No, my ride is here" I answered.

I said goodbye to both Ashli and Cole before making my way to the backyard.

"Hey mom, I'm leaving" I called out.

"Coming!"

She stood up and made her way over.

"I was hoping you could stay for dinner"

"Sorry, I've got to pack," I told her.

I accepted her hug and kiss on the cheek.

"If you need help, let me know, okay?"

I nodded and kissed her cheek.

"Will do" I replied.

My phone chimed.

"I really do have to go," I said.

"See you tomorrow"

I opened the front door just as Zoey was about to ring the doorbell. A smile instantly formed on her face when she saw me.

"Hi!"

"Hey" I awkwardly greeted.

"Are you heading out?"

Before I could reply, a car honked.

"I actually am, I've got plans with a couple of teammates" I replied as I made my way around her.

It's as if she did not take the hint that I did not have feelings for her. The only reason she didn't show up to my hotel room was that security wouldn't let her through. She had tried, a handful of times. Mom even tried to help her get past security, but I made it clear to the security that I did not want Zoey to step foot on that floor. 

"Oh, so I can't come?"

I chose to ignore that request and waved at her.

"Bye," I called out as I bolted towards the car.

I opened the passenger door and took a seat.

"It seems I came right on time"

Literally.

"Looks like your mom does not take a hint"

Yeah, I really needed to talk to my mom.

"So where are we going?"

"Just drive out of the property," I told him.

Chris laughed and did as told. 

"Did you just wake up?" I wondered.

He normally didn't wear his glasses out in public like he was doing now.

"Yeah"

I don't know how Chris did it, but the guy could sleep or lay on his bed all day if needed. 

"Have you talked with Desi?" I asked.

Chris had been seeing a really cool chick for a couple of weeks now. Somehow he had managed to fix a big screw up. 

"Today? No, she's at work"

He glanced at me.

"Uh, what are you doing next Wednesday?"

"Probably nothing" I admitted.

He smiled.

"You're coming with me. Please wear a nice outfit"

"Where are we going?" I wondered.

"To Desiree's condo, she just wants to get to know my roommate more"

I slowly nodded.

"I will not have a threesome," I told him.

He laughed.

"No offense Cody, but you are not my type. I can assure you that you're not Desiree's type as well"

I didn't know whether to be offended or not. 

A/N: Originally I wanted this to be posted in Chronological order with my Chris Taylor, but I decided not to do that because then this story will feel too rushed because I'd be posting frequently. Quality over content.