Thirty Four

Marisol's POV- Valentine's Day 2019

There was a light knock on the door just as I finished combing my hair.

"Come in" I called out.

The door opened and my dad peeped in.

"15 minutes"

"I'm almost ready," I told him.

"I'll go put your suitcase in the car"

I did not have class tomorrow (Friday), and Monday was a Holiday so I would be spending my long weekend in Arizona with Cody.

"I'll be right down," I said to him.

I pulled my hair up in a bun and grabbed a hoodie before making my way out. As I walked down the stairs, I couldn't help but notice a flower arrangement next to the ones that my dad gave me this morning. Dad's arrangement was a dozen roses, but the roses weren't all the same color (red, yellow, orange, pink, blush pink, and white). There was an envelope on the top of the red roses arrangement that said my name, so I opened it and pulled out the notecard.

See you in a few, I love you.

Cody

"Ready to go?"

I nodded.

"Yes" I answered.

Dad smiled and glanced at the arrangement.

"I take it it's from Cody?"

"You are correct" I replied.

"What a romantic kiss ass"

I laughed.

"Okay dad, let's go" I said.

"I packed you up a snack since I'm sure you haven't eaten anything since this morning"

Correct.

"You're the best" I told him.

He smiled as I hugged his waist. Once we were in the car, I opened the container to munch on the fruit dad had packed for me. We both stepped out of the car once we were at LAX. Dad took my suitcase out of his car and set it on the floor before looking at me.

"Have fun on your date" I stated.

He chuckled.

"I honestly don't want to go"

"You deserve to be happy" I reminded him.

"I am happy, mamas"

I smiled as he gave me a squeeze and kissed my forehead.

"Be happier" I noted.

I kissed his cheek.

"I'll see you Tuesday morning"

I nodded.

"Have fun, but not too much"

I laughed as he gave me one final squeeze before letting me go.

"I love you" I told him.

"Love you more"

I waved at him before my suitcase and I went inside. Once I was in line, I glanced behind me to see dad making his way back into the car. It took a lot of convincing, but dad was going on a date. He did not want to go on that date and tried to get me to agree with him. I told him to go because what if he ended up liking the person? He agreed, and well the day had come.

I sent Cody a snap of my flight ticket, and smiled when he called me seconds after he saw the picture.

"Hello" I greeted.