Desolate ▿ Teen Wolf

By taileilei

You would think she would be used to it by now. Always being thrown aside, sent back to the beginning where n... More

Prologue
Disclaimer
Welcome to Beacon Hills
Dark Encounter
Meeting the Mystery
Ashes
School Sucks
Identity
Sleep Walking
Mysterious Skills
It's Nothing
Trying to Breathe
Missing Information
The Return
Safe Haven
In Your Arms
Bigger Problems
Hold Your Breath
Mexic- Oh No
We Don't Get Sick
I Know You
Truth; No Lies
Plus one
Hope WTF
Something's Wrong
Invisible Connections
Unlisted
Missing in Action
When You're Gone
Unexpected
Departure
Off-Road
Connections
Author's Note

New Eyes

5.3K 132 20
By taileilei

Terra

A few days ago I was living in the forest, sleeping in the trees, and now I'm living in the Stilinski house hold. I have my own room next to Stiles. But it's been weird. I know for a fact that Stiles barely sleeps because I haven't been able to sleep yet and I can hear him in his room pacing all night long. 

I haven't been able to sleep because of the bed. It's too soft. After spending so much time in the forest the bed feels like a marshmallow. Also every time I feel myself drifting off I am jarred awake by flashbacks of the fire and the wolf. Something about the wolf still seems off, especially those red eyes. 

Yesterday after Stiles dropped me off at his house he left just as quickly. Then a few hours later he came back with a bunch of his friends. The boy named Scott was with them, there was also an Asian girl, her name was Kira, and in the corner was Isaac, he didn't talk much.

And they basically cornered me in my new room and bombarded me with thousands of questions. The whole time I just sat there waiting for them to finish, and when they finally realized that I wasn't going to answer their questions they left "my" room. Most of the questions had to do with my family and I didn't want to go through answering all of those questions again.

Then they tried a different approach. Instead of all of them cornering me they only sent in one person. They sent Isaac. At first he just stood in the doorway his blue eyes staring at me, then he came and sat down on the ground next to me. His hair was curly, and despite the warm weather he was still wrapped up in a scarf. 

"You can trust us you know?" He said quietly staring straight ahead. 

"Can I?" I mumbled glancing at him from the corner of my eye. He simply nodded. 

"I know you just met us, but you can trust us." And then he just left, he paused in the doorway for a second before flashing a smile in my direction. Then no one else came, and they left me alone. 

Today is a Monday and I know that Stiles or the Sheriff are going to try and get me to go to school. But the thing is after moving around so much, I didn't really get a chance to go school. You can't really go to school if you move every couple of weeks. So I was home schooled in each place but the problem with that is they didn't know where I was with learning. So we always took a week to see where I was and then I would only have a week to learn new things, and then I would leave. And I don't know how I would explain this to Stiles and his dad without telling them that I'm an orphan. 

So I got up really early today and left before they were up. The good thing about living in the trees is that I'm not afraid of heights so leaving through the bedroom window was pretty easy.

Now I'm back in the woods, and the stupid feeling is back. The feeling that I need to find something. This feeling is absolutely driving me nuts because it happens every day and it feel like it's pulling me closer and closer but then when I get to close, it stops pulling.

But today the feeling feels stronger than ever. Like maybe I'll actually find it. Soon enough I find myself completely surrounded by trees. Ahead of me I see a small clearing. As I make my way to the clearing I notice that the feeling is getting stronger. But as soon as I step foot in the clearing the feeling disappears. I grumble in disappointment and sit on the tree stump nearby. I cross my legs and pick at the dirt under my nails as I think through a few things.

"My name is Terra Blake, I am an orphan, my parents are gone, and I'm alone." I mumble to myself. Whenever I start to feel overwhelmed I start with the basics. And work my way from there, "I am in the foster system, my last foster family died, they think I'm dead." I start to shudder as I remember what comes next, "There was a wolf, it let me escape, and I'm alone again." Tears sting my eyes as I finish. I curl my fingers into a fist, my finger nails digging into my palm. I glance down at my hands watching as my fingernails leave small indents in my palms. Flexing my hand slightly I allow the blood to flow again.

As I'm stretching my hand I look down at the tree stump that I'm sitting on. The rings of the stump mesmerize me, using my finger I begin to trace the rings making my way to the center. When I reach the center of the tree I realize that the last ring is different. It almost looks like, a hand print? But it's way too small to be adult. I place my palm over the hand print and the next thing I know darkness is engulfing my vision.

Where am I? My eyes flutter open and I find myself lying on the tree stump that I found earlier. I quickly stand up and brush the leaves off of myself. Spinning in a circle my eyes assess my surroundings. I have no idea where I am. I remember coming here from Stiles' house but I have no idea how I'm going to get back. Everything feels flipped. Like somehow where I am, has moved. If that makes sense. 

So, leaving the clearing I decide to wander around the forest until I find myself on the street. I probably should have paid better attention on my way to Stiles' house. Emerging from the forest I try to locate something familiar, anything really.

Eventually I find myself on Stiles' street and attempt to climb into my room through the window I left open. Unfortunately it's not as easy to get in the way I came out so I give up and walk to the back of the house. Luckily the back door is unlocked. Wait, isn't this the sheriff's house? I laugh to myself realizing that the sheriff doesn't even lock his doors.

When I enter I slip off my mud covered combat boots and throw them to the side. I'll clean the mud off later. I wander my way to the bathroom and strip my clothes off. I turn on the water and hop into the shower.  I let the hot water run around my body as I scrub myself clean, the water turning a murky brown at the bottom of the tub. 

When I get out of the shower the mirror is fogged. Wiping the mirror off I reveal my face, I stare at my eyes. They look the same. But different at the same time. So many things have changed over the past couple of weeks. I haven't been keeping up with the news or anything but to the best of my knowledge I am still dead to the world. I stare at my light blue eyes, they still have that hollow look to them. 

All of a sudden I hear someone running up the stairs so I quickly get dressed. When I open the door I see Stiles and Isaac standing in the hallway. 

"Umm, Hi?"

"Terra!" Stiles turns to face me. "Where-where were you?" I could tell him the truth but instead I simply shrug and push past him to get to my room.  "That's it!? You disappear early in the morning- or late at night- I don't know! And all you do is shrug when someone is actually worried where you were!" 

I turn towards Stiles. Why does he care? He doesn't even know me. He should be glad that I came back at all. I didn't need to, I would have been fine in the forest again. "Why do you care?" I retort. 

Stiles' moves his mouth up and down searching for words. But he doesn't say anything. I nod and turn away from them. I grab my combat boots and I'm about to climb out the window again so I can clean my boots outside when Isaac stops me, "We were worried about you." 

I sit on the window ledge. "Why." 

Stiles and Isaac step into the room cautiously. "We didn't know what happened. And I don't know, we were worried. I was worried." Stiles stammers running his fingers through his hair. 

I stare at them. They actually cared about me. Why would they care about me? Suddenly it feels like the walls are closing around me and I feel like I can't breathe. All I know is I need to get out of this room. I take a couple of deep gulps trying to catch my breath, I glance outside the window and then back at Stiles and Isaac. I can't stay in this room, so I jump out the window and sit on the roof leaning against the outside of the house. I hear Stiles gasp when I jump and he runs over to the windowsill. When Stiles' head appears out of the window he turns his head searching for me. When he finally spots me sitting on the roof next to the window he sighs with relief. 

"Holy crap Terra. I thought you jumped. Why did you do that!?" Stiles practically screams at me. 

I run my hands down my face and pull my legs close to my body. "I don't know, I just couldn't breathe in there." 

"What, are you claustrophobic?" He questions with concern. 

I shake my head. Then Isaac sticks his head out the window next to Stiles. "I think I know why," He says more to Stiles then me. Then Isaac pushes Stiles out of the way and climbs out the window and sits next to me. He mimics my positions and pulls his legs up to his chest. He turns his head towards me and half smiles. "Did it start to feel like the walls were closing around you? Like you couldn't breathe?" I nod. "Was it because you're not used to people caring about you?"

My eyes widen, and I turn my head so I'm staring straight ahead again. He actually understood. I shift uncomfortably in my spot. How could he tell that much about me? Was he like me?

"I understand, I used to get like that."

I turn my head again so I'm staring straight into his crystal blue eyes. "You did," I whisper.

He nods, then he stares straight in front of him. "My dad. He used- he used to- um- anyways I wasn't used to people caring about me and when someone talked to me or asked me if I was alright, I suddenly couldn't breathe. And the same thing happened when someone asked me about my at home life or got to personal. I got scared thinking about what would happen to the people who tried to get close to me. I didn't want them to look down on me. I didn't want them to get hurt." He looks at me again, "Terra, I understand."

I feel my eyes fill with tears and I quickly look away. I can't let them see me cry. Then I feel a pressure on my shoulder and I look up to see Isaac's hand there. He slowly rubs circles on my back. No one has ever understood before, and I've barley known this kid for two days and he already understands so much about me. I quickly blink away the tears and force a smile. Isaac smiles back.

All of sudden a loud banging comes from the window and we both turn to see Stiles trying to climb out the window. He has one leg out and half is body is awkwardly hanging on the ledge. I bite back a laugh when Stiles waves at us. Isaac stands up to go help him. When they both return Isaac sits in his previous spot and Stiles sits on my other side.

"Terra remember what I said about trusting us?" Isaac says. I nod and look at Stiles who nods in return, "So. Where were you today?"

I clear my throat, trying to think of a convincing lie, but I have a feeling they would be able to tell so I decide to tell the truth. "The forest." I see Stiles and Isaac exchange a quick glance before leaning against the house again.

"What were you doing? Why did you leave so early?!" Stiles rushes.

I can't tell them about school without telling them I'm a foster child. And then they'll be able to connect the dots. I have to think of something quickly. And I can't tell them about the feeling, they'll think I'm completely nuts. I suddenly realize that I have been quiet for a while so I think of a quick lie. "Well it's kinda weird being in a house after being in the woods for so long, and I guess I just missed it." Ok so not a complete lie, I'm just not telling the complete truth.

"What about school? We were gonna get you enrolled and everything."

Shit. Think, Terra, think. Why can't I think! "Yeah, that's not really going to work out." Oh. My. God. I can't believe I just said that. Now they are going to ask a million questions and I'm not going to have any answers. Please, please, let them just drop it.

As if hearing my prayers a motorbike pulls into Stiles' driveway. When the person on the bike pulls off his helmet I recognize the guy as Scott. Thank you Scott! I hear Scott shout Stiles' name.

"This can't be good." I hear Stiles mumble under his breath as he crawls over to the window. As he's climbing through I let out a sigh with relief. Isaac notices and raises his eyebrows at me before following Stiles through the window. That was to close. I can't screw up like that again. If Stiles or any of them find out who I really am they will for sure tell the sheriff, who is Stiles' dad! And then the sheriff will alert Oregon's sheriff and then I'm screwed. OH MY GOD! What if they blamed me for the fire! I could be sent to juvy or jail. I already have a bad history with law enforcement. It would be so easy to pin the fire on me. 

Okay, it's decided, no matter what, they can't find out who I am. 

After waiting for a few moments I crawl back through the window, into my room. Gosh it's going to take a long time for me to get used to the idea of my room. It always takes a while to get used to a new room when you get moved around so much. Every room is different, every bed is different, and every foster family is different. 

I sit on the ground and lean against the wall that I share with Stiles. Through the wall I can hear their muffled conversation. From the bits and pieces that I am able to pick up I can put together some things. From what I can tell they are talking about this woman who supposedly came back from the dead, some guy named Derek, and some things about a girl named Allison. But the thing that sparked my interest the most was the talk about me. They kept asking Stiles about me and something about my connection to the supernatural.

Why would I have a connection to the supernatural? The only thing I know about the supernatural is Twilight werewolves and vampires, and some stuff about ghosts. But that's general knowledge really. Stuff you can learn from watching the TV and the internet.

Unless. They knew about the fire and that wolf thing. But if they knew about that then why haven't they turned me into the police? Or why aren't they freaking out about the fact that I'm supposedly dead.

Then again they were talking about this woman who came back from the dead like it happened every day. Unless they were talking about me when they said that.

Ok. I'm way overthinking this. I just need to calm down. They don't know anything about me and if they did they would tell me or do something right? Right.

Terra, calm down!

I just need to calm down. Maybe I should just ask them what they are talking about. Then again they would then know that I was listening in. I just need to take a walk. That always helps me clear my head. 

I woke up really early today, but since Stiles and Isaac were so worried about me when I disappeared yesterday morning, which is still weird, I decided to wait for Stiles and his dad to wake up. So when I got up I went downstairs and waited in the kitchen. I didn't really know what to do with myself so I kinda just sat there waiting for someone to get up. The weirdest thing is, I didn't have the feeling. Usually right when I wake up the feeling hits me like a metaphorical tidal wave and then I can't do anything until I get out to the forest and do something about it. But today, nothing. I felt nothing. So I had no idea what to do with myself.

So now I'm sitting in the kitchen, hungry and alone.

"Stiles? Are you up already?" The Sheriff's voice sounds from the stairs. When he rounds the corner to the kitchen his face goes blank when his eyes land on me. "Terra. Hi. How are you doing?"

What does he mean how am I doing? Does he know?! No there's no way, he's the sheriff if he knew he would tell the officials in Oregon. "I'm fine." I deflect.

He nods. Then walks into the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee. He stands in front of the counter for a second seemingly trying to sort through his thoughts. He coughs slightly, then turns his head towards me, "Stiles will be up soon. You aren't enrolled in school or anything but he can still take you. You know so you can check it out?" I nod in response. Then he turns back to his coffee. Still facing away from me, he coughs awkwardly again and mumbles, "Are you hungry?"

"Ya." Finally! I'm actually starving. I don't know when the last time is that I had a real meal. I watch as the Sheriff shuffles through the cabinets and pulls out a box of cereal. Ok cereal would work. I could go for some bacon but food is food. He places the box of cereal on the table in front of me and brings me a bowl and milk.

"Well I have an early shift and I won't be back till later, but I need to get going." He begins to walk out but stops in the doorway before turning back to me. "Have a good day." And with that he leaves. I hear his car start up and then he pulls away. And again I am left sitting in the kitchen, at least I have some food

I pour myself a bowl and wait. I guess I have nothing better to do. I glance down at my watch and realize that it is almost eight and Stiles still isn't up. And I know I don't know anything about their school but I haven't heard of any school that starts later than eight thirty. I should go wake him up, but then again I don't really know him. So I wait and eat my cereal. After five minutes of waiting I hear loud cursing up stairs which I assume is Stiles finally waking up. A couple minutes later Stiles bounds down the stairs.

"DAD! Why didn't you wake- oh! Terra. Hi!" Stiles stops once he enters the kitchen. "Where's my dad?"

"He already went to work." I reply

Stiles nods somehow managing to move his whole body with the action. "So are you coming to school with me today?" I shrug. "Well ok! Let's go. I'm already late an all, but come on." He grabs my bowl and dumps it in the sink then grabs my arm and pulls me out side with him. Once we are outside he practically throws me in the car and before I know it we are already on the road. I didn't even have time to pout about my wasted cereal.

As the school comes into view I realize that I just can't do this. I can't spend a whole day following Stiles and his buddies around when they are all constantly asking me questions. I can't risk slipping up and revealing who I am. So when we pull into the school parking lot I jump out of the car before we stop and yell behind me, "I'll meet you back here after school." Then I run into the woods that is bordering the school, leaving behind a confused Stiles.

Once in the woods I wander around aimlessly looking for anything. I just really need to find that thing because I feel like I'm going crazy. If only I knew what I was looking for, then it would be a whole lot easier. Sadly I don't have that feeling so I'm basically wandering around in the middle of nowhere. All of a sudden I hear a loud crash behind me. I spin on my heels trying to locate the source of the crash. Since I can't see anything I scale the nearest tree to get a better view and the somewhat protect myself if there is anything.

I look down through the leafless branches. There is nothing around. I can barely see the school over the bare branches. I was supposed to go with Stiles there, but I don't know anything...I've never been to school before. I shake my head slightly, scolding myself for thinking about things that I can't change. I relax in the tree branch I'm perched in a try to rest my head. As I feel myself drifting off I suddenly feel very warm. Then I drift off into a restless sleep.

I'm in front of my last foster home. There's fire. Everywhere. My skin feels warm as the fire devours my last home. It almost feels peaceful yet at the same time I feel myself start to panic. Then I realize why, I'm at my old foster home. I shouldn't be here. This shouldn't be here. I ran away. It was supposed to be gone. I feel my throat tighten as the smoke invades my lunges. I gasp for air clawing at my throat.

All of a sudden a shadow emerges from the fire. But the shadow has red eyes. As the shadow approaches me it takes the form of a wolf. I scream as I recognize it as the one who killed Tommy and chased me. I scramble on the ground trying to get traction so I can run from the wolf.  I see the wolf crouch down, I feel a scream escape from my lips as the wolf pounces onto me.

My eyes fly open. I crawl backwards but I soon realize that I was in a tree and now I'm falling towards the ground. I land with a loud thump, my vision blurring with the collision. I try to stand up but all of a sudden I feel something cold and metal crush my foot. I scream out and pain when I notice the animal trap around my foot. My eyes sting but I force myself to remain calm. If I panic the blood will flow faster and I'll lose even more blood than I already have. I allow myself to scream out for help before helplessly falling back to the ground.

I fumble with my shoelaces trying to tighten my shoes to stop the bleeding, but I know it's useless. Unless I get the trap off I won't be able to stop the bleeding. I take deep breaths and force myself to look at my leg again. My ankle is twisted at a weird angle, most likely broken, and the teeth of the trap are hidden under my skin. My jeans are pulled into the puncture wounds, making it hard for me to see how deep the damage goes.  

I force myself to focus on the trap looking for a way to free my leg. My vision blurs due to loss of blood and from the impact with the ground. I grip the trap fumbling around for a release. Finally my eyes land on a wheel that would probably open the trap. I turn the wheel to the left easing the trap open. I crawl backwards as soon as my leg is free. Pain shoots through my leg as I crawl my way out of the forest. The bones in my leg shift with each moment, making me feel sick to my stomach as pain shoots through me. The only problem is, I have no idea where I am. I cry out again hoping that someone nearby will hear me.

My body goes ridged as I feel a swooping feeling wash over my body. The feeling is back. I can't help myself, my body moves with the pull. Soon enough I leave the forest as I hear the school bell ring. I may not be the end of the day but at least it's the end of a period. I cry out again but clamp my mouth shut refusing to appear weak. And then the feeling is gone. But I have more important things to worry about. I glance down at my leg and see the trail of blood that I am leaving behind me. I look up again searching the parking lot. Near the front of the parking lot I spot the powder blue jeep that I rode in this morning. As I crawl to the jeep I feel very dizzy and nausea. I grab the wheel of the jeep pushing myself up. I have to stay awake until they find me. I fight the blackness that is flooding my vision. My legs feel like noodles as I feel myself falling to the ground. But before I feel the solid of the ground I feel warm arms wrap around me.

 "She's not getting better is she?"

"No."

"What's wrong with her?"

"Her body is just refusing to heal. It's fighting the medicine and all the treatments we have tried. We put the bones back into place but they aren't sticking. They keep shifting back and there are too many fragments." A feminine voice explains.

I shoot up in bed, a sudden wave of alertness coursing through my veins. The adrenaline quickly leaves my body causing pain to shoot though my leg. Somehow Scott hears me and shushes the woman. A few moments later he walks into my room his eyebrows furrowed along with a woman dressed in scrubs.

"How are you doing?" the woman with curly hair asks. I scratch at my forehead and shrug my shoulders. Honestly I have no idea how I'm feeling. Actually I should be feeling a lot more pain. My ankle is propped up in one of those sling things you see in movies and is wrapped in gauze. The gauze is soaked in blood, probably because of my ankle. I shrug again, unsure how to respond. If I were to tell her the truth I wouldn't even know where to start.

"That's natural. Now I just have a few questions I need to ask you. Do you think you could do that?" I look at Scott who is still in the corner of the room. She is going to ask me questions and I don't want him to hear it. I know what they are going to ask and I need to be able to come up with something quickly. The woman notices me looking at Scott and she clears her throat signaling him to leave. As soon as the door closes behind him I nod.

"Ok, can you tell me what happened?"

"Um, I was in the forest and my foot got caught in an animal trap," I mumble.

"How did you get to the school parking lot? Considering how much blood you lost you shouldn't have been able to make it that far." I shrug my shoulders. She narrows her eyes at me causing me to shift uncomfortably. "Can you tell me why you were in the forest?" I shake my head, I haven't been able to come up with an excuse yet. "Terra, its Terra right?" I nod. "You can trust me, I'm just trying to figure out what's going on."

I look to the side, not wanting to talk anymore. I hear her sigh and a couple of moments later before the door closes. Why does everybody want me to trust them? Don't they understand how hard it is to trust? Especially when you're the one always getting hurt. I look at the heart monitor to the right, the steady beat of my heart slowly easing me back to sleep.

 "It's been two days! Why hasn't she waken up?!"

"I don't know. She should be fine, but the bleeding hasn't stopped. A few months of healing and she would be perfect but theirs been no improvement."

"What does that mean?"

"Scott, Stiles, I know you're concerned, but right now the only thing we can do is wait."

"Is she, I don't know- is she something supernatural?"

"No, I haven't sensed anything and she smells just like a normal person. Besides, most supernatural would be able to heal."

"Scott, Is there anything you can do? You know..."

"I can't just turn her!!!"

"Well I don't know what else to do. Do you have any ideas?"

"No, but Stiles, I can't just do that."

My eyes flutter open. Ugh, my head is pounding. Wait a second, what are they talking about. Turning me, turning me into what!? And what is all this talk about me not getting better. I feel, I feel, I feel fine. I look down at my leg and notice that it is still bleeding. But honestly I don't feel anything. Nothing at all. To my right is a blood bag and my heart monitor.

 How long have I been out for? Outside of my room I see Scott and Stiles arguing. I watch them as Stiles waves his arms about and Scott presses his fingers to his temples. I wonder what they are talking about. Scott then pulls out his phone and calls someone. Stiles turns towards my room and I hear the doorknob turn. I quickly close my eyes pretending to be asleep.

"Hi, Terra. I don't know if you can hear me or not. But, I know you don't really know us. Hell we just met a couple of days ago. I don't know what's happening to you, but it looks like you're not getting better. I don't know a lot about you, actually I don't know anything about you. But there is one thing we can do for you, but Terra, it could ruin your life, and I don't know if I can do that to-"

"I've got nothing left to lose." Stiles eyes widen and he practically falls to the ground in surprise. He looks at me from the ground and scratches at the back of his neck.

"So you heard all of that?" I nod, causing him to chuckle softly. "Wait, what do you mean?" My eyes widen when I realize my mistake.

"I have nothing, therefore, my life can't get any worse."

"Terra, I don't think you understand-"

"Then tell me." I cross my arms across my chest. "My leg's still bleeding, and apparently I'm not getting any better. And if it doesn't get any better I'll be stuck in the hospital for an undetermined amount of time. So?" I drawl.

"I don't really know how to explain this to you..." Stiles seems extremely taken aback by my change of attitude. Apparently a few days ago- I wasn't talking more than a few words and now- I guess I'm completely different. But who could blame me- I just lost everything, again. First my foster family. And now my ability to walk. And quite possibly my ability to feel. I mean, why can't I feel pain right now? 

I groan internally, why is this so hard for him? Why can't he just tell me? Apparently I'm not getting any better, whatever that means. I mean I just got my foot caught in an animal trap, I should be fine. Right? I glance down at my leg again and sure enough it is still bleeding. Why is it still bleeding? Why doesn't anything make sense? All of a sudden I feel very warm. Then everything goes black.

When my vision returns I'm in front of my old foster home. It is already on fire. I try to move but my feet are planted to the ground. I cry out in terror when I see Tommy emerge from the home. I know what happens next, and I don't want it to happen. Not again.

"Terra! Terra are you ok!?" I blink when I realize that I'm hearing Stiles voice and not Tommy's. I look around and I realize that I am back in the hospital. What just happened? Stiles looks at me with concern filling his eyes. I want him to stop looking at me like that, I don't want anyone to worry about me. I don't need anyone.

"I'm fine."

"What just happened? All of a sudden you looked like you saw a ghost and you weren't talking and...Terra."

"I'm fine, it's nothing." I cross my arms across my chest and look at the ground. "So can you tell me now?"

Stiles shifts uncomfortably. He glances back and forth between the ground and me. I roll my eyes, this is getting beyond annoying. "Fine, but not me. Scott."

 "Werewolves?" My brow knits together as they explain what they can do to help me. They are telling me that Scott is a werewolf and they think that I'm some sort of supernatural creature, which is why I'm not getting better. "You expect me to believe that you are a werewolf?" Scott nods. I laugh in disbelief. "Than what am I?"

"We, don't know yet...." Stiles mutters.

"But we think that it has to be triggered. Some supernatural creature's abilities are triggered by the bite, so maybe..."

"You're going to bite me?" This is getting weirder and weirder by the second. First they think I'm some sort of mythological creature and now they want to bite me to trigger my "abilities."

Scott and Stiles nod again. They're really serious. Scott is going to bite me, someone I met only a couple of days ago is going to bite me. Do these people have any proof? So I ask them, "Do you have any proof of 'werewolves'."

Scott nods again. He sucks in a deep breath and glances around nervously. The he squeezes his eyes shut and when he opens them his eyes are no longer a deep brown but a bloody red. My breath hitches when I recognize why they look so familiar.

All of a sudden I'm in the woods again, being stared down by the wolf that killed Tommy. It feels like everything is frozen. I can't move and the wolf isn't moving either. We are just here. Frozen.

I feel a tight grip on my shoulders. When I come to my senses again I am in the hospital. Scott and Stiles look at me with concern etched onto their faces. "What just happened? And you better not say nothing."

Since he told me to not say nothing my mouth remains clamped. I can't tell them what I just saw. Mostly because I don't know what I just saw. But one thing I do know, that wolf, from the fire, it wasn't just a wolf, it was a werewolf. And if it was a werewolf, than who was it? I shake my head, trying to clear my thoughts.

"So you're a werewolf..." Scott nods. "And what happens when you bite me?"

"We don't know. Your supernatural abilities could be triggered, you could turn into a werewolf, or..." Scott trails off.

"Or what?"

"Your body could reject the bite. You could die." Stiles finishes for Scott. I purse my lips in thought. I could either become some weird supernatural creature, a werewolf, die, or stay in this hospital and not get better. I don't really have anything left to loose, and dying doesn't sound like much of a down side. They all sound like better options that staying in this rank hospital. No offence Beacon Hills. But last time I was in a hospital, my entire family left me.

That's when I decided, I am not dying here, "Fine. I'll take the bite, under one condition." Both boys nod quickly. "Not here. Not in this hospital, I need to get out of here."

"But Terra your leg." Stiles questions pointing to my still bleeding leg.

"Oh my god. Seriously? Wolf boy over there is supposed to have supernatural strength, right?" Stiles eyes widen when he realized what I was saying, he looks like he is mentally slapping himself for being so stupid.

"Ok, I'll distract Melissa. Scott?" Scott nods and waits for Stiles to leave the room before he helps me disconnect from the IV and other machines. Stiles presses a thumbs up to the window signaling for the all clear. Scott then lifts me from the bed. I wince in pain but all of sudden its gone. I notice black veins going up Scott's arm. It may sound weird, but I kind of liked feeling the pain. I should be in pain. But I'm not, it really only hurt then and the first day. 

"What did you do?" I question.

"I took away your pain." Scott answers simply. He then carries me from the room and out of the hospital. On our way out we received weird looks from other people but I merely gave them the death glare and they adverted their eyes. Once we were in the parking lot of the hospital Scott pauses, waiting for Stiles to catch up to us. "Kay, now where do you want to go?"

"The forest." As we made our way into the forest I was suddenly overcome with the feeling. And I needed to find it, I had to. I begin struggling in Scott's arms trying to break free, which only causes him to tighten his grip. When the hospital is no longer in sight Scott sets me down and leans me against a tree.

"You're sure you want to do this?" Scott and Stiles ask. I nod, what's the worst that can happen? I die? I would rather die than be sent back to the system. I hold out my arm and Scott gingerly holds it up. He crouches beside me and I watch as his eyes glow red. He glances up at me again making sure I'm sure. I nod again as he lowers his face to my arm.

A warm sensation spreads through my body as I feel his fangs sink into my forearm. I expected it to be more painful, but it felt more like a shot. When Scott pulls away I was left looking at a big bite mark in my arm. Both boys look at me expectantly.

"How do you feel?"

"Warm."

"Warm?" Stiles coughs.

"Ya..." I hold my arm in front of my face and wait for something to happen. Inside of me it feels like things are buzzing around, things are moving. And then it happens, the puncture wounds on my arm stop bleeding and I can feel the wounds begin to close. I look up at the boys to show them that it worked, but when I look up their jaws dropped.

"Your eyes." Stiles gapes.

"What?"

"They're amber." 

  ♋

A/N: This chapter literally took forever to write and edit because it's like 3x longer than my other chapters! But it is done, finally. (re-edited: 3/5/15) Comment, vote, whatevs, just enjoy the book J

edited again 8/18/16

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

322K 8.5K 47
When the angel Castiel loses the one thing he has ever cherished he changes, he no longer cares about the well being of others. Hell bent on getting...
87.7K 1.4K 59
When Rick Grimes was first wheeled into the hospital, Bethany didn't know that she would be the reason he lived. The reason he didn't die from the gu...
244K 7K 34
"Really? You strip yourself of your best defense- against me?" Diana chuckled. "My defense?" "They were yours." [Infinity War + Endgame + WANDAVISI...
121K 2.1K 43
Spider Woman falls through a portal, leaving her dimension, but not by choice. She lands in a teenage boy's living room, your living room. They both...