Met his match (editing)

By katy_1988

What happens when the ranch owner falls for the quiet librarian with a dark secret and what happens when her... More

Met his match (editing)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chappie 4
Chappie 5
Chappie 6
Chappie 7
Chappie 8
Chappie 9
Chappie 10
Chappie 11
Chappie 12
Chappie 13
Chappie 14
Chappie 15
Chappie 16
Chappie 17
Chapter 18
Chappie 19
Chappie 20
Chappie 21
Chappie 22
Chappie 23
Chapter 24
Chappie 25
Chappie 26
Chappie 27
Chappie 28
Chapter 30
Chappie 31
Chappie 32
Chappie 33
Chapter 34
Chappie 35 - final chapter

Chappie 29

27K 680 17
By katy_1988

Chapter 29

''What do you mean you dont know how she got home?'' Leo watched his brother pace the confines of the room it had been a full twenty four hours since his argument with Katie that had her leaving without looking back. ''We had a fight and she left, thats all there is to say'' he knew the worry that was eating Jake because he was feeling the exact same where the hell was she?.

Jake couldnt rid his mind of the way she had looked that night he had first seen her in the hospital, he had seen what the bastard was capable of doing but this time he knew he wouldnt be fixing her broken body he would be identifying it. He had come home from the hospital eary hours of the morning before crashing still under the illusion that Katie was curled up in the bed down the hall from his at the ranch he had been worried about her while he worked but he found a small semblance of relief especially when Leo had told him she had gone back with him after the bastard got into her house again.

But upon waking when the sun was almost setting he had gone in search of his best friend hoping to take her mind of the danger she was facing but to his surprise his brother didnt know where she was and how she had got there. Jake had tried every known place she enjoyed, her home, the library he had even checked the diner and called every known aquaintence of hers that he could think of but no one had seen anything of her for the last day. As each minute past the suspicion that she had been taken by that bastard had him on edge and the anger at himself and his brother burning through his system.

A loud knock echoed through the quiet room the visitor not giving the occupants chance to answer before they knocked again, Leo stood and opened the door at the insistant knocking wondering if for a second that Katie had come back to explain this was all a mistake and that she was fine but his face and heart fell when he noticed a female police officer he had never seen before stood in the doorway ''Mr Travis, im officer Louise Ohara can i please come in?'' Leo hesitated for a second as he looked at the badge she held infront of his face before nodding and moving aside to allow her in the room.

Jake looked up as his brother entered the room swiftly followed by the most beautiful woman he had ever seen standing quietly he allowed his eyes to wander down her body she was tall and willowy thin he concluded a body that he could barely see through the plain officers uniform she wore, it was her eyes that had him entranced big brown eyes dominated her face making him think of little kittens but the steel he saw behind them spoke volumes about what she had survived and witnessed in her life. ''Miss Ohara this is my brother Jake Travis'' barely glancing in his direction except to nod him her acknowledge she turned towards Leo ''after your report we have been looking into the disappearance of Miss Woodward, unfortunately up until a few hours ago we had nothing''

Leo could feel the blood run from his body as she carried on ''we found a car abandoned in a ditch not far from here about a mile down road, we found blood in the car and this'' both brothers watched as Louise unfolded a bag they hadnt been aware she was holding, in the bottom of the bag was the small purse that Katie usually carried the thing that disturbed them the most was the red stain that crowded the bottom corner staining the fabric ''is she?....was she?, did you find her?'' Leo barely got the words through his tight throat the fear was all consuming ''we didnt find Miss Woodward but we did find out who the car was registered to and im afraid your not going to like it''

Jake tried to swollow back the angry retort at her evasiveness ''well are you going to damn tell us so we can go find her?'' he wasnt prepared when her intense scrutiny fell onto him and he fought the urge to shuffle under the penetrating gaze ''yes Mr Travis, the car belonged to a Mr Edward Fellam'' the silence in the room was defeaning Louise decided as she watched the varying emotions play on the faces of the two men in the room on the older brothers face she saw disbelief and anger warring in the depth of his eyes but it was the one who called himself Jake that had her attention, the man was pure perfection but it was the the unshed tears and guilt that cracked a little of her armour, the one she had built around her heart after Simeon... refusing for her mind to dwell on the past she checked in on the radio if there was any new developments but at the negative response she sighed the longer Miss Woodward remained missing as a police officer she knew the chance of finding her alive became slim to none.

*********************

Katie felt the pounding in her head first before everything else slowly slid into focus, her hands were tied up on either side of her before attaching to the ceiling, she tentatively moved her legs to find them also tied up and attached to the floor wildly her eyes moved around the room but it was too dark and she could not make anything out in the shadows, the smell was familiar it smelt clean almost as if someone had sanitised the entire room. ''Hello'' was that her voice? she didn't recognise it was raspy with misuse how long had she been here? Where the hell was here?

A door opened to her left and she gasped in recognition ''Ed'' she had never felt so stupid how had she not recognised his eyes before now she saw him almost every week she had even shared his table on many occassions, ''why?'' if she was going to die today she needed to know why her life had been through torment at the hands of this man he jolted in surprise "'i see your awake my dear, you had me worried for a minute there that the fun had ended before it had begun'' a click had Katie flinching back from the sudden harsh light that lit up the room from a bare bulb hanging on one wall.

She almost vomited when she looked around the room knives of all sizes hung from a shelf in the corner of the room, a metal table held what looked like impliments of torture but the silk scarves hung so carefully on a hook behind the door made her stomach lurch how had she not known this man and the evil personality he held in check underneath. ''Damn it Ed why?'' The force of his slap had her head rattling back and her hands pulling on the chains as they couldn't budge with the force they were tightened ''quiet, you do not speak unless you are crying out my name'' what the hell? This wasnt the man she remembered ''what about Laura? Your wife?''

Katie watched him walk towards the shelf holding the knifes he carressed each blade like they were his children he almost seem to cherish them, she watched as he decided what he would use and she didn't think before tilting her back ''Heeeelllppppppppp'' her screaming ceased when a dark laugh eminated from his position infront of her and she knew as she looked into his eyes he liked her fear and screaming, he wanted her to cry out and plead and she knew that no matter what he did she wouldnt give him what he wanted, not this time.

the bitch screamed and his erection strained against his pants god he loved that sound, the sound of her undisguised fear as she cried to be saved from him on some level he knew this was wrong but the beast that had existed within him his whole life wouldnt be denied with this woman, after his taste years ago he should have walked away left her to pick up her life but the temptation to insinuate himself in her life was too much no matter how small the part was he enjoyed knowing he was close enough to touch her at his pleasure ''How did you get this way? What about your wife you sick fuck ever think what this will do to her'' the anger boiled in his gut at the mention of his wife ''you want to know the sordid details of sick Eddies life do you, well seeing as you wont live much longer i see no harm in giving you closure for the grave''

His chuckle made her skin crawl ''when boys my age were playing sports do you want to know what little eddie was doing, of course you do, i was too busy disecting small helpless animals and i loved hearing them squeal in fear and i realised i held power'' power? Thats whats this was about thats why he ruined her life for his power over her ''POWER, YOU WANTED POWER THATS WHY YOU RAPED ME AND ALMOST FUCKING KILLED ME TO PROVE YOU HELD POWER, POWER OVER WHAT'' she was confused with each passing minute and every new thing he revealed she wasnt sure she wanted to hear any more '' you didnt think you were my first did you'' at her sickened expression he smiled ''you did, didnt you, i hate to disappoint but you know my first woman i attacked and abused, such a weak woman she was all eager to please but when she fought me as i fucked her i knew i loved it i became infatuated and she felll in love with me, i married her as a cover to keep my dirty secret, unfortunately she remains under my influence and the excitement of abusing her and watching her bleed is no longer there because she accepts it and doesnt fight me or scream for help anymore so thats why i went looking that night when i found you, your body unfucked and innocent ive dreamt for years about how it felt when i plunged the knife into you while you screamed for help im a weak man katie and i need it again one last time''

''L...Laura was your first..how? Why?'' Katie couldnt fight it anymore her body heaved once, twice and breathing became difficult she choked up clear fluid in revulsion before spitting it at his feet 'yes Laura was my first she knows who i am and what i am although she turns a blind eye, i dont think she is aware that the everything happening to you is linked to me but i think she suspects, funny isnt it she sits there like your friend when shes really no better than me Katie, now enough talking''

Katie knew this was it but the pain came so swift she screamed as loud as she could until her throat hurt, the knife from his hand was embedded in her shoulder causing a white hot pain through to her fingers ''feel that Katie it hurts doesnt it scream for me baby...scream'' his hand took the handle of the knife before pulling it from her, her blood instantly began flowing through the open wound making its way down her body to the ground "Oh dear we ruined your pretty clothes, ill take care of that'' a tearing sound permeated the air as he used his knife to cut away her clothing leaving her in her underwear her body open wide for his perusal.

Sweat beaded on her forehead with the effort it took to keep control of the screaming pain ''take a good look you fucking bastard your sick, do you hear me, sick'' the bitch wasnt fighting him the excitement dampened when he realised she was trying to do what he didnt want to what end he didnt know she would still die she knew too much. Ed moved closer to Katie inhaling her scent from her skin her floral perfume mingling with the metallic smell of blood had his erection pushing against the zipper, he watched as her eyes moved to his when he started to unzip his trousers he knew she wanted to beg and plead her eyes were saying it all for her, he needed her screams he would not be cheated out of his fantasy because the bitch suddenly developed a backbone.

God oh god she wanted to beg him to change his mind and let her go or just kill her the torment was almost too much for her brain to comprehend and she could feel it trying to shut down to forget the pain and just become passive she was tempted to give in, her only hope was Jake would notice her missing and Leo..her heart stuttered on his name they left things so brutally when she left due to the hurt of feeling second best Katie hadnt even let him explain how would he feel if this was it? She wished she knew.

'

'Im talking bitch'' the venom in his tone brought her back as a burning sensation scored down the front of her body from under her breasts to the curls at her thighs she watched detached as the knife moved from her skin a second time a long line marked her skin the blood mingling with that of her shoulder a vague thought enetered her head that she pitied who had to clean up all her blood when he had finished with her ''Come on bitch scream'' all she did was shake her head as she met his eyes before she calmly responded ''Go to hell''

Katie retreated into her mind where she could see and hear everything but she was numb she wouldnt goive him the pleasure he sought in her body and this it seemed had triggered something inside him as his movements became angry, line after line appeared on her skin from his knife his lips moving in what she presumed were curses but she still refused to respond the pain slowly penetrating the hazy world she was locked in the blood loss was making her light headed and still her thoughts moved to Leo the only comfort in her darkest hour and the love she had with him.

How fucking dare she just stand there blankly watching him, this was not how things were supposed to go she was supposed to scream his name plead with him not stand there like a fucking statue the anger made him lash out using his knife everytime she ignored his demand to scream to give him what he wanted.

Finally after minutes the anger subsided and he stepped back and looked at her, her entire torso back and thighs held his marks and that pleased him maybe he needed to regroup and think of another plan to get her to give him what he needed, an idea began forming in his mind maybe his useless wife would become useful afterall.

Katie watched as he moved back and a evil glint lit up his eyes before he stepped closer again ''ill be right back baby, dont go anywhere'' sighing gently she registered the door closing and she sagged in her restraints her hands were numb as the blood flow wasnt able to reach her fingers, she couldnt look down she knew her blood would cover the floor the marks from his knife caused pain beyond measure making every minute tension in her muscle an exercise in restraint.

Becoming overwhelmed the tears she refused to shed sprung to her eyes and fell to mix with the blood on her body and she did something she never thought she would, she prayed, she prayed that death would come quickly and take her from this nightmare.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 582 40
When a hunky cowboy saves city-bred Adelaide McCarthy from drowning in the icy cold Bear Head Creek, she feels strangely attracted to him. Recipe for...
31.9K 1.7K 14
|COMPLETE| 18+ Tired of the busy city life Samantha Hall moved into a quiet cottage home in the country where she could get some much needed girl tim...
87.8K 4.8K 23
Investigative journalist Sierra knows that the governor is hiding something. But what she uncovers by the light of the full moon is more fantastical...
370 96 23
When Chad's horse Lucy is injured during a competition, Chad is willing to do anything to save her. Fortunately the ranch owner Ray agrees to help hi...