Chappie 28

Chapter 28

Thankyou for the lovely comments enjoy x

Leo looked down at the sleeping woman in his arms and sighed they had made love again in his bed when they had finally found the strength to move from their place on the stairs, the strength of their joint orgasms draining them both until Katie had finally fallen asleep soon after she had screamed his name and he had thrust himself inside of her touching her as deep as he could so she would know she was his woman. But now Leo couldnt sleep he had finally got her in his bed and into his life and he intended to savour every minute of it before the reality he knew would reappear during the cold harsh light of day shattering everything.

''Leo, why you still up? What time is it?'' startled Leo looked down into her sleepy eyes and his heart jumped in his chest feeling like the most natural thing to do he leaned down and kissed her tasting the sleepiness that was surrounding her toast warm body ''its seven and i couldnt sleep, i like watching you sleep baby'' the flush he had grown used to had him surprised she had come alive in his arms releasing the passion he knew she had but kept hidden, last night she had taken things into her own hands literally whilst they had got to know each other intimately with touch and taste but it was that innocent blush that humbled him and he was glad he was the only person to see her come apart in the throes of her orgasm and he intended to keep it that way.

The ring of the phone by the bed had Katie instantly tensing she had hoped for a few more hours before the world outside intruded on them because she knew all the reasons why this was a bad idea were still there but maybe they could overcome it and find a way to be together. ''what is it Bonnie?'' Katie felt the spell they had weaved together shatter at the womans name immediately she shuffled to the edge of the bed before realising she was wearing nothing underneath the sheet. ''i was busy last night im sorry i didnt call'' she had heard enough she pulled the sheet from the bed and wrapped it around herself before leaving the room and her hopes behind.

Leo cursed inwardly as he watched Katie leave the room the sheet trailing behind her ''Leo are you listening to me, ill be round in a few hours'' he didnt hold in his curses when he heard the dial tone in his ear how the hell was he supposed to handle this situation the woman he loved was in his house and the woman who was potentially carrying his baby was on her way, he and Katie needed to talk and fast before Bonnie could get her claws into the younger woman Leo didnt need a crystal ball for what the outcome for the conversation would be he already knew he had to hurt Katie to protect her even from himself.

Walking into the living room Katie began searching for her lost clothes slowly pulling on each item as she found them with every garment that touched her skin it brought back memories of removing them to get closer to Leo, mentally slapping herself she couldnt think about it, she couldnt think about the way she had given herself and her heart over to him and with it giving him the potential to destroy her with a couple of words. ''Katie we need to talk'' the deep gravel of his voice had goosebumps raising on her skin as she located her tshirt almost under the sofa flushing slightly at remembering how it had got there before quickly pulling it over her head and dropping the sheet ''sit down please'' Katie shook her head and stood her ground she was going to be his equal in this if nothing else.

''Bonnie is on her way'' Leo began and a cold dread weighed heavy in her gut, she hoped she was wrong about where this converstation was going ''would you like me to leave'' she asked holding her breath awaiting his answer praying he would not utter the words ''you know i dont want you to..hell i love you.. Its just things with Bonnie are complicated and if she sees you she wont hold back, ill pay for you a cab or you can stay in the guest room until shes gone..'' Leo watched her flinch and he felt like a class a bastard for hurting her again, she was goodness and inocence and he was destroying her being in her life and he almost saw the minute her pride kicked in and fire lit behind the blue eyes making them almost dance ''so what your saying is im good enough for a quick fuck, but when the lady comes home im dismissed and youll PAY for a cab, why dont you just call me a whore Leo, in fact don't, even whores get to leave with a little self respect.... well fuck you Leo''

Her anger sparked his anger in return and before he knew it he had covered the space between them holding her shoulders in a grip and began shaking her ''what we shared wasnt sordid Katie, we made love, damn it i love you woman'' the anger and hurt in her eyes almost undid him he almost fell to his knees and said to hell with it with everything, but he knew he had to be strong and hope she would still be there when he could walk away from Bonnie, if he could walk away.

''No Leo we didnt make love, making love insinuates some feeling the morning after, no we fucked Leo a good one ill give you that but in the harsh light of day im not lady of the manor material am i , you have Bonnie for that and i hope you are very happy together '' Keeping her head high Katie picked up her bag and walked from the room quickly leaving the ranch and almost running into someone familiar on the porch ''im sorry, i need to get out of here and i wasnt looking where i was going'' the man just smiled at her ''i came to see you actually, ill give you a ride to town if you need it?'' without a second thought Katie nodded her head and jumped straight into the waiting car.

He smiled as he watched her get into his car his plan had finally come together he would get her alone it was almost too easy no one would suspect him, he had no reason to be here whatsoever and he had gotten to her right under the cowboys nose, the door slammed behind him adding a sense of finalisation to his day, today it would be the start of her end until he could finally rest in peace keeping the beast within at bay. ''Thank you so much im so grateful i really needed to get out of there'' She had no idea how much it was his pleasure but maybe it was time she was reminded ''no worries i came to see you my tragic darling''

Katie felt the nausea rise up and consume her and the sharp pain splintered through her head and her memories all rushed back flashing in vivid technicolor behind her eyelids until the last memory of the night in the barn remained, she opened her eyes and met the oh so familiar eyes and fear and betrayal speared through her ''why? What did i do to you that night? How could you?'' She needed answers how could she have been so blind his eyes were familiar and she saw them every night in her nightmares, and how had she not recognised the deep gravel of his voice as he had whispered horrible things to her before he left her to die.

''It was your smile that i saw first you were so innocent and i needed that to ease my dark soul i needed you Katie, i thought after that night i could walk away you didnt remember that it was me, i tried but knowing you were wearing my mark on your naked skin whenever i saw you drove me wild and i cant risk exposing myself a second time, so im finishing it'' she realised what he wasn't saying she was going to die by the hands of a man she classed as a friend, who she had shared a table and ate thanksgiving with, she was best friends with his wife for gods sake ''what about your wife, what about Laura?'' she turned just in time to feel a heavy object hit the back of her neck the force making her hit her forehead on the window beside her but before the blackness consumed her she called the one name she longed to hear ''Leo''.