Chappie 26

Chapter 26

Hope you enjoy x

The little bitch how dare she outsmart him she had fallen straight into his trap when he had placed the kitten on her doorstep, but she had panicked and ran, just remembering chasing her almost tasting her fear as she ran away had his erection straining against the zipper in his trousers. He could still smell her on his clothes her soft floral perfume infused in the fabric of his black sweater making his mind skip back to the fear in her eyes as he pinned her to the door, he had wanted more than anything to move closer and press himself to her warm heat to hear her scream his name.

She didnt recognise him he knew that now the blankness was too real to be fake, a niggling worry jumped to the forefront of his mind she had fought back she wasnt exhibiting the amount of fear he wanted was her lack of memory making her brave and reckless?. No mind infact he could use it to the best of his advantage he would have to change his final plan but in the end the reslts would be so much sweeter. This time she wouldnt be running around having him worrying she would remember him making his life a big waiting game taunting him with her body, her smile.

No more he vowed he would end this the sweetest way he knew how with her bleeding and the life slowly leaving her eyes as she mutters his name.

Leo drove nervously towards Katies house he had toyed with the idea of ringing her and explaining about Bonnie but he knew he had to do this in person. His day had been a busy one he spoke to a police friend about Bonnie and her spiking his brandy giving a unofficial statement but refused to press charges until he knew the outcome of their night of unprotected sex. He told himself he wouldnt lie to Katie and try and answer the questions she would have, but he wouldnt do it if he thought it would jog memories she wasnt ready to remember. Pulling outside her house he braced himself for a cold rejection and a thought he hadnt contemplated before entered his head, what if she wouldnt even let him in the door?, what would he do? Heaving a sigh he knocked on the door only one way to find out.

After a couple of minutes of no one answering he twisted the knob and found it open maybe they hadnt heard his knock, ''HELLO, JAKE, KATIE" he strained his ears but still no noise came from within the house causing his eyebrows to crease with worry, quickly he scanned the living room finding nothing before he moved to the kitchen where his eyes rested immediately on the open back door where a kitten lay curled up on the veranda soaking up the sun, where the hell was everyone? And where the hell did the kitten come from?

''KATIE, JAKE DAMN IT ANSWER ME'' still no answer echoed through the house, digging out his mobile he located his brothers number and waited while the ringing tone went through his reciever. ''Hello Doctor Travis'' before he had even finished Leo began talking ''Jake im at Katies place the front door and back door are open but shes not responding where the hell is she'' Leo knew the answer as soon as he asked the question ''Have you checked her room she might have gone for a lay down, she hasnt been sleeping well lately'' the guilt reared back through Leo, Jake didnt need to to tell him why she wasnt sleeping because Leo was experiencing the same thing.

Walking up the stairs he heard a scrape on the door to Katies room ''KATIE ARE YOU IN THERE'' he heard a muffled curse from within the room ''who is it?''it took Leo a second to understand the muffled words ''Its Leo, are you okay?''. A scraping of something heavy had the worry settling in his gut something was very wrong here but he couldnt put his finger on anything specificthe only thing he did know was he was not going to like the answer.

The bolt of the door signalled that Katie would be emerging before the door swung open and Katie stepped out into the hall Leo felt anger burn through him when he really looked at her. Her beautiful eyes were swollen and dried tear tracks were visible on her face but it was the angry red prints on her throat that had him growling in his throat he didnt need to ask he knew the bastard had been here, remaining silent he met her eyes and took an intake of breath at the dead look in her eyes almost as if she had reached the full limit of what her brain could comprehend.

Katie watched the man infront of her what was he doing here? She really wanted to ask she just couldnt find the words but she was relieved when he remained quiet and just simply opened his arms for her to walk into. Katie felt the temptation to lean on him right to her toes what she would give to relieve some of this burden she was feeling on someone but she knew she couldnt, not with this man who claimed to love her and yet found solace in another womans arms.

''What are you doing here?'' Leo rocked back on his heels at her calm cool question but before he could give a response a small voice was heard shouting "LEO" looking down he noticed the phone still on call in his hand he had been too worried at not being able to find Katie he hadnt hung up on Jake. Placing the reciever to his ear he spoke to his brother never taking his eyes off the pale woman infront of him "let me speak to her Leo'' he heard Jake ask before he held it out for her to take.

Katie took the phone being careful not to brush hands with Leo the tingles were the last thing she needed to feel ''hello Jake'' she heard the relief in his voice when she spoke to him ''what happened sweetie?'' Delibrately keeping her tone calm she retold the events of the last few hours amid the curses of the man in the room and down the reciever, ''Ill be home soon'' Jake stated before he hung up the phone.

Katie gave the phone back and an awkward silence fell around them as they still stood in the hall ''Forget that'' her eyes jumped to meet Leos angry eyes ''Wh...what do you mean?'' she didnt like the steely determination in his eyes and her heart jumped ''what i mean is go pack you bags your coming back to the ranch, my brother cant be here all the time and your not safe with that bastard running around...'', Leo watched as Katie flinched with the harsh tone he was using and he immediately softened his statement to a request ''please go pack a bag we will get the police to meet us at the ranch and i have some explaining to do....please'' he added when he noted she hadnt moved.

Katie was torn she didnt feel safe here but could she live with him at the ranch, alone with him most of the time knowing how she felt and watch him parade around with that other woman, did she have much of a choice? Looking into the dark steely eyes she realised no matter her objections she would be going to the ranch her life was not something she wished to give up for her damned pride ''okay, ill go''