Chappie 32

Chapter 32

thank you all for the great comments enjoy x

Three damn days since they had found her and he had ridden at her side in the ambulance every second he hoped and prayed she would open her eyes and look at him once more for him to tell her he loved her and to hear her say it back with no death lingering over them. ''How is she'' Leo looked up to his brother who was looking every inch the doctor in his white coat complete with a stethoscope hung haphazardly around his neck ''No change, why wont she wake up Jake its been three days''. Jake understood what his brother was going through he missed his best friend like a lost limb, for the past few years they had been inseparable and to have her almost taken away from him he realised how much he needed her in his life and he had questioned weather he had taken it for granted.

''I spoke with her doctor her vitals are good, she just needs time to heal shes been through a lot at the hands of that bastard, have the police found anything'' the anger burned through Leo as he tried to contain it succeeding when he gripped her pale limp hand tightly in his before he answered through clenched teeth ''no the bastards disappeared but everyone in town is on the lookout since the story was somehow leaked into the gossip mill'', somehow the town had gotten wind about what Ed was and what he had put Katie through and the town had rallied around being watchful for the storeowner and taking turns to visit Katie and check on her progress ''theyve pulled through again i knew i liked this town, I've got a couple of hours off go home have a shower because man do you look rough''

Leo sneered at his brother before looking at the pale face of the woman laid unmoving in the bed, he never wanted to leave her again and when she was awake he was going to make sure that happened and bind her to him in every way possible yet on the other hand he didn't want her waking up and finding him looking at his worst either, stretching he rose ''okay a shower sounds good, call me if she wakes or anything happens and i mean anything got it'' Jake nodded and Leo moved around his brother to the door but before he left Leo felt Jakes hand on his shoulder giving it a reassuring squeeze ''she will be okay Leo, shes a fighter'' Leo glanced once more at the occupant of the bed memorising her face even pale and weak she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen ''thanks i needed to hear that'' too choked up to respond Jake watched the broad back of his brother as he walked down the hall before turning and walking further into the room.

********************

Ed moved to the deserted house quickly picking the lock and entering the dark space, so this is how the cowboy lived Ed had to admit the man had style but that wasn't why he was here, he had gone back to his fishing hut to find it surrounded by police and he knew his plan was over he had failed to kill the little bitch that haunted his dreams and it was the cowboys fault interfering in what didn't concern him and now, now he would pay for taking what was his, shame he thought he had a begrudging respect for the Travis boys who came by their money honestly through hard work yet a line was crossed when they took her away from him and stopped him doing what needed to be done while his thoughts had turned inwards Lights traveled over the surface of the room bringing his mind back to the present and the truck that had pulled into the circular drive quickly he blended into the shadows watching and waiting.

Leo opened the door to the house he hoped to make a home for him and Katie he longed to hear the sounds of excited children as he came home before seeing the smile of their mother as she grew round with his child. A niggling in his gut automatically at him on high alert that feeling had yet to steer him wrong in his business and personal life and it usually meant trouble was heading his way. ''NONNA YOU HERE'' his eyes caught a flash of white out of place a note was resting on a table by the door he smiled as he read the no nonsense handwriting stating the housekeeper had gone to town to play a game of bingo and food was in the fridge if they were hungry.