Chappie 10

Wahoo two updates in one day

Chappie 10

a constant beeping woke her up, brought her from a deep sleep, what was that infernal beeping, slowly she opened her eyes expecting to see the pale lilac walls of her bedroom, but a bright light burned her eyes until they adjusted. Gradually the world came into focus she could hear muffled voices and the room slowly slid into view, white walls, beeping she was in a hospital, why? Oh my god what happened, she moved her head and felt a pulling sensation in her neck, she reached up and her connected with a soft dressing.

Nausea ran through her the memories surfaced, the dark stranger, the knife, his promise the knowledge he was back. Her stomach heaved and she sat up weakly, she placed her feet on the floor and made to rise, but the room started to spin, her legs giving out forcing her to hold onto the walls to guide her to the bathroom, but still her stomach heaved as the memories blended together a knife sinking through her flesh, the feel of blood as it slides from her body, his voice his whispered words, his excitement. Dots danced infront of her eyes, the colours making it hard to focus on her surroundings.

"katie what the hell, what are you doing out of bed?'' Katie barely heard the voice of Leo, barely felt his hands on her shoulders through the fog of horror surrounding her, the monsters hands carressing her stomach, the press of the knife, he was back oh my god he was back, for what? To finish what he had started, to kill her, oh god no, she had to leave, she had to, the dots infront oh her eyes finally blinded her vision and taking her back to the peaceful void.

Leo watched in horror as her breathing increased before she crumpled into his arms, for the second time. Shouting the nurse he placed Katie on the bed gentle not to hurt her, his fingers stroking the hair back from her face, feeling the cold clammy skin under his fingers, had the rage towards the man who had done this burning through is gut, the rage at not knowing anything, his curiosity had spiked at her enpassioned statement after the attack saying he was back, he had hounded Jake with questions, did she know the person responsible, and what was with Jakes reaction, he saw something dark in his brothers gaze as he watched the paramedics load the unconcious woman onto a gurney. What did Jake know and what wasnt he telling him, Leo wanted to find and hurt the man who had dared hurt his woman.

What!! Wait, his woman, where did that come from? She wasnt his anything, sure he felt angry at what had happened, but he would be if it had been any woman wouldnt he. Leo watched as the nurse attended to the pale still woman laid on the bed. Her skin was as pale as the white sheet she was laying on, the stark white bandage held a rusty coloured stain where the bleeding to her neck continued after the stitches. Leo remembered his fear when she had collapsed last night when he thought that the son of a bitch had sliced her throat, the body numbing fear that this was it for her, for them for him. That thought cut through him, Katie had somehow started to creep under his defenses into the heart he had kept locked away for so long, her softness somehow called to him and he found himself thinking about her more he was comfortable with. Even now she was unconcious, pale and bruised around her throat, her hair a tangled mess around her head but by god she was still beautiful to him, she seemed so fragile, so vulnerable, but he knew the feelings wouldnt be appreciated after the way he hurt her, but dammit he couldnt let anything happen to her, he had a sneaking suspicion that to loose this woman would be to loose himself. He would protect her, try and show her how good a man he could be and who knows. But first he had to find out who the hell was back and why?

With that thought he stalked to the waiting room to find his brother, who was going to tell him everything and tell him now or so help him god he would not be responsible for his actions.

Jake watched his brother approach from his position in the waiting room, they had been told that the visiting was one at a time, so not to overly stress her if she awoke. At Leos shout for the nurse he had immediately jumped up to help his best friend, to be her comfort, but upon enetering the room after the nurse, he had seen a look so tender on his brothers face, as he had stroked back the hair on her head, the look was one he had never seen before, it spoke of the feelings he had for his stubborn best friend, and the struggle for those feelings to remain, at that moment he had seemed years younger but looked older at the same time. Letting the older man keep his private thoughts private he had walked back to the waiting room and waited, finding a way to find the answers to more questions that he knew would be coming.