Chappie 21

Chapter 21

Thankyou all for the comments, especially the constructive ones it has been taken on board and i hope this is better for you....thanks for reading and enjoy x

Jake couldnt believe it, just when his brother had opened up to Katie and showed himself for what he was that bastard had to come along and take it away from them like it was some sort of sick game. Jake couldnt understand why the guy was tormenting her and scaring her senseless for his own amusement. After her declaration of love the job of telling Leo had fallen to him but when Leo had rung earlier in the evening explaining what they had found at the ranch he couldnt do it and even when Leo went on to explain the police were convinced it was malicious he just couldnt tell him especially when he was clearly in a rage . Jake didnt want to tell him that way over the phone no matter how much he started to he just couldnt do it, he was still in shock himself he knew that most of their memories revolved round each other because in the last few years they were inseperable most of the time but he never had expected this.

''Jake what are you doing here? Who is with Katie? One of us should be with her now the guy is getting crazier in his ways to get to her'' Jake sighed as he exited the truck and shut the door it was now or never ''she's sleeping Leo, the police have placed a man outside the door Trev Jones to be exact.'' Jake watched as his brothers tension seemed to ease and the worry clouding his eyes seemed to disappear slightly ''Leo we need to talk, come on inside your not going to like it'' without waiting for his brother Jake entered the quiet ranch instantly missing the overwhelming presence of home that seemed to inhabit the sprawling house when Katie was there.

Leo watched his brother intently and realized that the younger man was feeling the same emptiness that he had felt when he had come back from the hiospital to a empty house ''well whats wrong Jake'', the taut look on his brothers face had dread sitting heavy in his stomach he immediately knew he wasnt going to like what was coming next. ''Katie woke when you left Leo and she remembered me after a few minutes'' Leo felt the elation that the news brought him rush through his body she was finally remembering and it wold only be a matter of time before she remembered him and what they shared ''thats not all Leo...she remembered a couple of memories when she was happy with me or she needed me and now shes confused and confusing the feelings shes getting.. damn it im not doing this well, she told me she loved me Leo and not in a friendship way either'' , instantly carrying on as he saw anger and something else light up in his brothers eyes ''i spoke to Doc Garrety and he says its dangerous to refresh her memory but im telling you Leo as my brother i will not and am not going to encourage those type of feelings she thinks she has towards me''

Leo dropped into the chair his heart shattering into a million pieces with the realisation that she loved his brother, had she felt that way all along? He was trying to reason it down to her confusion due to her head injury but had her confusion only made her realise what she was feeling all along and he loved her enough to give her what she wants even if it would crush him. His world was crumbling around him, he should have known that things were too good to be true between himself and Katie , and hadnt he questioned her relationship with his brother and let it go against his better judgement at her empassioned denial of sleeping with Jake but he had never thought to question weather she loved him.

''Leo im sorry, i wont be encouraging any feelings she thinks she has i can promise you that''

Jake looked at the man infront of him the man with emotions of steel was melting and there wasnt a damn thing Jake could do, the choice he had been left with was a no win situation he could either tell Katie the truth and potentially set back her recovery or watch as his brother withdraws and suffers. God dammit life was unfair sometimes, the two people that deserved to love and be loved were being put to the test to prove their worth. ''I bet your god damn happy now, youve got her loving you back, so now you can go play happy families but ill be damned if your going to do it in this house and rub my face in it...get out'' Jake couldnt believe what he was hearing what was he talking about ''WHAT!! Of course im happy shes remembered something and i already know she loves me back, shes my best friend Leo''