Stars Can't Shine Without Dar...

By MrsSociopath

Kris is the new girl in a new town in a new school. She has gone there for one reason only and that is fresh... More

{Prologue} Kitty and James sitting in a tree, K.I.S.S.I.N.G
1. If first you don't succeed, bash the shit out'a it
2. I don't know, I don't care and it don't make any difference
3. Don't let an idiot ruin your day
4. If at first you don't succeed, keep sucking till you suck no more
5. You'd screw your own sister for a slice of cake!
6. An apple a day keeps the doctor away
7. Never confuse your Knight in shining armor for an idiot in tinfoil
8. I am on a seafood diet; I see food and eat it
9. Obviously you have mistaken me for someone that gives a shit
10. Best way to not get your heart broken? Pretend you don't have one
11. You're the reason people have middle fingers
12. Your opinion is irrelevant, cause I don't like you
13. Family love is annoying and repetitive, like bad wallpaper
14. Before. Not B4. We speak English. Not Bingo
15. Your village called. They want there idiot back
16. You don't like me? Fuck you. Problem solved
18. Lift up your head Princess, if not the crown falls
19. I'll have a whiskey, with a side order of you
20. Some people are just beautifully wrapped boxes of shit
21. We're playing 20 questions, how big are your boobs?
22. I fell for you in between the hurting you
23. Remember when I asked for your opinion? Neither do I
24. I punched a girl in the face, now y'all want my autograph

17. I've never liked hide and seek.

37 4 7
By MrsSociopath

[ Copyrighted to MrsSociopath© ]

Her head was against the wooden desk, her dark hair was splayed over her shoulders, and falling into her face like curtains, her eyes were closed as she breathed slowly in and out. Kris was asleep in another one of her lessons, this time it was French. 

The only reason she was still sleeping and Madame Belle had not bothered to wake her up was because the teacher had no doubt in her mind that Kris would be able to complete the class work and the homework. It would probably be at a better level than everyone in her class who was actually paying attention. 

The classroom was drenched in darkness as the lights were out and a movie was being projected onto the board at the front of the room. It was all in French and nobody really had any clue what the people were talking about. It was a high-level movie and Madame Belle expected everyone to write a paper on it explaining what the movie was about, there opinion on the movie and who his or her favourite character was and why. People were disappointed when they were not allowed to base it on the characters looks. 

Everyone’s eyes were facing the screen trying to understand what was going on except two pairs of eyes. One of them was Kris as she was asleep and the others were Adams. Out of the corner of his eye, Adam was watching the new girl like a hawk. Now matter the rumours said about her or how much Deacon threatened to kill anyone that went near her Adams infatuation just grew stronger. 

He was annoyed lately. Kris had been distant with him and refused to sit at their table at lunch. He had barely managed to say one sentence to her with out her cutting him off and walking away. However, he was happy to see that Cas was out of the picture. His threat had worked but he had not expected Kris to act the way she was. He had not he talked to her properly in over a week. 

Kris’s nose twitched and she moved slightly and Adam’s mouth tweaked up into a small smile as he watched the girl sleep. Kris had been sleeping a lot in lessons lately. It was probably due to her new job as a stripper. He could not believe she was stripping for money. He did not want other men seeing what he so badly wanted to see. 

A piece of scrunched up paper flew across the room, going unnoticed by Madame Belle due to the darkness, and landed on Kris’s desk. She flew up with a start and a couple of people around her giggled and started murmuring to each other. Adam watched her curiously. He had not seen who had thrown the paper. 

Kris frowned down at the piece of paper on her desk and her hazel eyes quickly scanned around the room looking for the culprit unfortunately the room was too dark for her to see if anyone was looking at her clearly. She un-scrunched the paper and looked at it. She looked at it for around five minutes and Adam was resisting the urge to snatch it out of her hand and find out what it said for himself. 

Kris lunged out of her chair, snatched up her bag, cussing heavily under her breath when it was caught on the table and stormed out of the room. Madame Belle was rushing towards the door attempting to go after Kris who was already out of sight. The class was now murmuring and two boys high fived each other… The creased up paper was lying on the desk next to Adam. 

Scooping it up and flattening it out as much as he could Adam read the piece of paper: How much do you charge by the hour whore? Do you and your girlfriend on the roof do lesbian shows to start or is that just if we pay extra? ;) 

Adam was angry. He was suddenly resisting the urge to get up and go pick a fight with the two people that threw this at Kris despite his lanky stature. Then his face paled and his blood ran cold as he read a single part of the sentence that made his heart beat double time. Your girlfriend on the roof. The idiots had told Kris where she could find that stupid bitch Cassandra! NO! 

Adam shot out of his chair and ran out of the classroom.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kris was wandering around the school blindly looking for anything that looked like it could lead up to the school roof. She had been opening and closing janitor’s closets as she ventured down the hallway getting further and further away from Madame Belles voice that was blatantly calling her name. Frowning Kris just kept onwards. She looked at her school map and it did not help at all. Like the school wanted their students playing around on the rooftops. 

Someone was looming up in the hallway his or her back to Kris. A small stream of smoke was cascading from their mouth and Kris realised they were smoking. It could only be one of two people so she took a chance. 

“Deacon?” the figure tensed and his broad shoulders rolled gently before his posture seemed to relax slightly. She watched him run a hand threw his dark black hair before he turned to face her. His steal grey eyes pierced her light hazel ones. His face held no emotion as if he were looking at a total stranger. 

“Kristin,” he said coolly and took a long drag from his cigarette. Kris flinched as she said her full name. She was suddenly begging fro him to call her Kitty again but she knew after she had pushed him away like the plague that it was not happening any time soon. She was silent for am moment.

“Get me on the roof,” she whispered. There was no point in beating around the bush of being polite since it was already obvious that Deacon did not intend to do either. He cocked an eyebrow at her and a small smile attempted to fight its way onto his face but he held it back. 

“You finally figured out where she was, clever girl,” he dryly stated before turning on his heal and walking away from her. He did not care if she got down on her knees and begged him, no; in fact, he refused to help her. His mind started to picture Kris on her knees in front of him and he almost faltered in his step. 

“Deacon how do I get on the roof?” Kris asked agitated that he was being vague towards her. Her feet started to move and soon found herself running after him. “Come on Deacon just tell where the entrance is!” she was beside him now. Deacon did not glance her way instead; he inhaled the smoke and exhaled it through his nose. 

“Why?” he asked suddenly stopping, Kris continued three more steps before realising the infuriating boy wasn’t beside her anymore and turned to face him. 

“Because…,” Kris stuttered trying to think of a good reason for him to help her. “Because you’re my friend.” Deacon looked like someone had just slapped him in the face. 

“Because I’m your friend?!” he shouted at her in disbelief. “Aren’t you the one that tried to kill herself in front of me after trying to kill me by knocking me off my motorbike!? Aren’t you the one who yelled at me and pushed me away after I asked about those gashes on your arms!?” Deacon was getting closer and closer towards Kris after each word that he spat out towards her. “Aren’t you the one that wouldn’t answer any of my calls and refused to look me in the fucking eye after I was the one who saved your bloody life!?” 

“I’m… I didn’t mean to…,” Kris was tumbling over her words as she started walking backwards away from Deacon. “Listen…” 

“No you listen Kris,” Deacon growled out at her. “I am not your play thing. I do not have to be there for you and I sure as hell do not have to tell you how to get onto the roof! I didn’t have to fight Craig for you and I didn’t have to talk to that bitch Annabelle for vandalizing your locker and bruising your face!” 

“You talked to Annabelle?” Kris repeated dumbly just realising what he had said. Deacon just glared at her, refusing to reply. “Why? You were just telling me that you did not have to do any of that stuff for me…so why did you talk to Annabelle. Why did you even fight Craig for me and tell people to leave me alone?” 

“Stop,” Deacon, commanded. “Before you get yourself into trouble,” he moved away from her and tried walking away down the hall. 

“No, you know I don’t think I will,” Kris replied smugly knowing she was getting to him. She realised it was the only way she was getting him to talk to her, even if it was not exactly talking but yelling. “Why did you do it Deacon? Why did you help me? Thinking about it why did you even save my life if I seem to be such a bloody burden to you!?” 

“Shut up.” 

“No I don’t want to, what I do want to know is what it is about you that…,” Kris was suddenly cut off when Deacon turned to her and she walked straight into his muscled stomach. She went to move away but his arms tightened around her waist and threw her over his shoulder. A small yelp fell from her lips and suddenly he was moving again. 

“What the hell Deacon!” Kris screamed at the boy. 

“Just shut up!” 

“You can’t do this every time we have a bloody argument!” Kris screamed and hit him on the back. “I doesn’t resolve anything you bastard!” somewhere a door opened and Deacon stepped into a dark confined space. Kris realised it was one of the janitors closets. She was placed down and before she could ask what they were doing there, Deacon pushed her up against the wall. 

“Shut up Kitty,” he growled and smashed his lips down against hers. Kris responded immediately as her arms reached up to wrap themselves around his neck. She had not even realised how much she had missed him or the way that he had called her Kitty. She smiled into the kiss at the thought that he had called her it just now. Deacons hands slid down her arms glided over her hips then reached underneath her bum and cupped it. 

On instinct Kris jumped up and wrapped her legs around his waist not breaking there kiss for even a second. It was getting more heated by the second. Breaths were mingling and tongues were dancing together fighting for dominance, Deacon won easily. 

The shrill school bell sounded telling the students that it was time for lunch. Deacon and Kris jumped apart from each other breathing heavily. The door was thin and people’s conversations travelled through into the dark space easily. However, one conversation caught there attention the most. 

“Dude I’m serious she’s a stripper!” came a boys voice. Kris froze up and looked over at Deacon. His expression was unreadable. Kris did not know how he felt about her job. 

“So are we going tonight then?” came another boy’s voice. 

“Yeah man, we shall be hitting the Cherry Patch hard. Also Deacon and the new girl aren’t talking to each other anymore.” 

“Oh man you know what that means?” 

“That we are getting in on that sweet ass!” then the voices started to slowly fade away. Kris was looking down at the ground and trying to keep herself from crying. What was wrong with people? Why did they only ever see a girl as a piece of meat? What did Deacon think of her now? 

“So,” Deacon said leaning up against one of the four walls his expression once again unreadable. “What’s it like being a stripper? I never would’ve taken you as a whore.” Kris clenched her teeth together. That had hurt. 

“Go fuck yourself!” she spat out at him and went to reach for the handle of the closet. Deacon was suddenly in front of her blocking her way out. 

“Why are you doing it?” he asked coolly. “Let me understand why you’re turning yourself into a slut.” 

“I don’t have to explain anything to you.” 

“I believe I have earned the right to make it my business,” Deacon said and pushed Kris back against the wall. 

“I’m not a fucking stripper Deacon!” Kris shouted. “No body even asked! You all bloody presumed! You are all judgmental and pathetic! I am not low enough to take my clothes off for money! I fucking tend bar!” They both fell silent. The closet was dead. 

“The ladder leads up to the roof,” then with that Deacon stepped out of the closet and left Kris on her own. She took a deep breath and steadied herself. Turning around Kris looked at the metal ladder that was welded onto the wall. How had she not seen that before? 

Suddenly she felt her heart reach out towards Deacon. Even after she had been taunting him and annoying him he still took her to the roof. To a way, she could get to Cas. Taking a breath, she began to climb. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Cas was watching a group of Koreans singers on her tablet as she did some monstrous dance moves to the up beat song. The group were called Nu’est and they were her favourite by far. On the other hand, in her words, the ones she obsessed the most over. Her pale blue scarf swayed in the wind as she attempted to do a twerk like Martin and Sienna had showed her. 

“You’re still an incredibly shit dancer,” Kris said flatly as Cas squeaked and turned to face her. “I’ve never liked hide and seek. Even as a child, I thought it was a horrible game. Especially when the people playing it haven’t told me the game is actually being taken place.” 

Cas looked away; guilt was evident in her face. “I’m sorry Kris.” 

“Oh you’re sorry? Sorry for what I wonder?” Kris mused thoughtfully. “Please enlighten me Cassandra, what are you sorry for?” Cas flinched at the use of her whole name. 

“I’m sorry for ignoring you and… and hiding from you.” 

“Ah that’s what you’re sorry for. I should have guessed. Silly new girl. Now are you going to tell me why you did it? Why you made me believe I was your friend before buggering off into oblivion and leaving me to handle my problems alone? I thought we were mates!” 

“We are!” 

“Then what’s wrong!?” Kris yelled. 

“I don’t want you to know the truth about me!” Cas yelled back. The song had turned itself off now and the tablet screen drained into blackness. "You wont be my friend any more!" 

“What truth?” 

Okay listen I am sorry for not posting any time soon but I've been on holiday and I thought I deserved a rest don't you agree? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 3.5K 35
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
1.2M 41.1K 73
"Do you always have a book covering your face, like everywhere you go?" He asks breaking the silence. "Yes, yes I do" I reply. "Why?"he asks. ∆...
406K 13K 37
Emma is the quiet, clumsy nerd that keeps to herself and is invisible to everyone but her quirky best friend Stella. Even her alcoholic father and br...
14.3K 95 13
Being raised most of her life at mountain temples Rose is the last thing from a proper princess. Rose is the last thing from a proper royal maid. S...