The Dark Red Umbrella • Yoonm...

By minniminyoongi

Oh, he would finally realize it wasn't just about the umbrella. Hell, it never really was. In which Park Jimi... More

The Dark Red Umbrella
Cold : 1
November : 2
Rain : 3
Umbrella : 4
Sunny : 5
New Neighbor : 6
Lonely : 7
Calm : 8
Snow : 9
Wake up Sunshine! : 10
Sweets and Treats : 11
Caught : 12
Name : 12.5
Hot Cocoa : 13
Night sky : 14
Graduation : 15
Notes : 16
Captivated : 17
Sky? : 18
Convenience store : 19
Number : 20
Alarm : 20.5
Sweets and Meets : 21
Beautiful : 22
Mess : 23
Date? : 24
Movie : 25
Someday : 26
One Month : 27
Karma : 28
Piano : 29
q & a
q & a pt.2
Scared : 30
Different : 31
Ramble : 32
Trampoline : 33
tagged again
ANOTHER TAG
Worry : 34
One, Two, Three : 35
Three Best Friends : 36
Music : 37
Ice Skating : 38
Dancing In The... Snow? : 39
Irony : 39.5
Cause : 40
Inquiry : 41
Effect : 42
Epiphany : 43
Aftermath : 44
P S A
Close : 46
100K
Misfortune : 47
Unaware : 48
Time : 49
The Trumpet : 50
A Step Closer : 51
World 51.5
Contest Winners! 💜
Karma pt. 2 : 52
Let Go : 53
Taken? : 53.5
Home : 54
Apitome Of Chaos : 55
Ice Cream and Affection : 56
Another Q & A
Karaoke : 57
Pretend The Pain Away : 58
Nighttime : 59
Book Stores and Beginnings : 60
Warm : 60.5
Bitter Skies : 61
Blonde : 61.5
Kim Noodles : 62
Acknowledge : 63
Application : 64
Gloomy : 65
Changing : 66

Oblivious : 45

3.2K 219 490
By minniminyoongi

December 17 - Saturday

9:33am.

~

Jimin sat at his desk, work pilled in front of him that had yet to be finished as his mind wandered off.

He still couldn't wrap his head around it.

Min Yoongi was his.

He still had the taste of pancakes and kisses pressed to his lips, happiness bubbling through him like he was a little kid again. Like the purest form of joy had made its way to him and seeped through his veins, pulsing through his skin.

He beamed just thinking about it, the dark coldness from the outside abyss and being stuck at this hell hole not able to ruin the smile that painted across his face as if sunshine was the only thing on the palate.

The faint sound of phones ringing and people he didn't care to get to know scrambling around in the background ruined the silence that occupied his office.

It was small, the only thing in there a desk with two chairs, a filing cabinet and a bit of walking space. It was crowded with crumpled papers and trash, Jimin never bothering to throw out or clean anything.

His desk held nothing that would remind him of home.

He preferred not to pretend he liked this place like everyone else did.

Jimin ran his fingers through his hair swiftly, wanting nothing more than to put on his black coat- only because Yoongi would scold him for being stupid- and step outside, his breaths turning into smoke and his pale cheeks tinting red.

He wanted the feeling of shivers running up his back, the contrasting feeling of the soft plushy fabric pressed to him and the windy snow-filled day.

But he had a ways to go, four days worth of paperwork stacked on him that he knew he couldn't push off any longer, despite it being a Saturday when he shouldn't be working.

He was labeled as one of the hardworking people here, always getting his stuff done swiftly and quickly. He'd rather not lose his title just because his emotions had been a little off the rocks lately.

~

Min Yoongi.

His light,

His sunshine,

His joy.

The delight in his life couldn't have been more fucking annoying at the moment.

He had gotten to the point where he was just texting Jimin for the sake of doing it. He knew it would piss the blonde off if he sent him bullshit things while the white-haired man enjoyed his break at the cute coffee shop. It was like he knew that Jimin had god knows how much work to do but hey, why not fuck with him?

New Message From 'Umbrella Man🌂💙'

Umbrella Man🌂💙
hi, im on break. free rn?

Read at 9:47am. ✔

Jimin
Give me five?

Read at 9:49am ✔

Umbrella Man🌂💙

hm,

or,

or,

orrr,

I could spam your phone?

Read Just Now ✔

Umbrella Man 🌂💙
❤☀💙💓💖💜💞💙❤
💞💜💖☀💓💖💞💜☀
💓💖💓💙☀💞💜❤☀

Read Just Now ✔

Umbrella Man 🌂💙
dudeee

broski

friend

fam

pal

bud

bro

Read Just Now ✔

Umbrella Man🌂💙
cutie ;)

Read Just Now ✔

Umbrella Man🌂💙
im bored

Read Just Now ✔

Umbrella Man🌂💙
hey,

did u hear abt what
happened 2 the Italian chef?

he pasta way

😂😂😂😂😂

Read Just Now ✔

Umbrella Man🌂💙
u know what i just realized?

im fucking hilarious

arent u just the luckiest?

Read Just Now ✔

Umbrella Man🌂💙
low key wanna pull your hair rn

Read Just Now ✔

Jimin sighed under his breath leaning back onto his chair, letting his weight fall onto it as a blush crept across his face and a smile painted over his mouth.

He couldn't resist the temptation of hearing the man's voice, his silly and pointless texts somehow melting his heart, the blonde giving in.

Jimin picked up his phone and went to his caller list, clicking on Umbrella man🌂💙 as it rang only once until the two lines line connected.

"Oho, speak of the devil." He heard from the other side, Min Yoongi's deep voice echoing in his ears. He let a smile spread across his face at the sound, never getting used to the way his words slurred and his gravelly voice came out through the other end of the phone.

"You can't send me things like that," Jimin said, twirling his fingers on a pen, looking down at his hand. In his opinion pens were one of the most unsatisfying objects he had messed with to keep his hands busy. they were just too plain for his liking. Along with pencils, pens didn't give his him the satisfaction from the nervousness that always tended to run through him like fabric and carpet did. He liked the feeling of the material as it ran through his fingers and dug between his nails.

"Oh I cant?" Yoongi questioned like a dare, his voice growing lower as if he wanted to push as far as he could. Like he wanted to prove to Jimin that he very much could. Now that Jimin had said he shouldn't, it was as if every vessel and bone in his body wanted to just for that reason.

"No, I'm at work right now," Jimin said, his voice quiet.

"Want to test that theory?"

"Please don't," Jimin said, wondering how his face could possibly grow and redder from the coaxing, slurry words that sounded from the other end of the phone. His voice was like a drug, so addicting to listen to, every sound and syllable perfectly pieced together, his tone of voice and Deagu accent only making his knees weak.

"Trust me darling, I could send far worse."

"Why are you so flirty today," Jimin said laughing, finally hitting his limit as he covered his mouth with his fingers as if that would take away the crimson red tint that plastered to his cheeks.

"I'm always flirty when it comes to you," Yoongi said, this time purposely messing with Jimin because he knew he was getting to the blonde. It almost boosted his ego, wanting to continue to do it because he knew Jimin loved the sound of his voice. He knew if he was with him at the moment, he could have added in a wink which most likely would have resulted in Jimin hitting him out of embarrassment. Though he knew it would be worth it to see his reaction, his face red and giggly.

And he was right, Jimin's laughs coming out through the other end of the phone like music.

Though thankfully and slightly disappointing, Yoongi changed topics.

"How's your work coming?"

Jimin sighed once again as if he was being brought back to reality, his eyes making contact with the piles of work and printed paper that he had managed to put off until now.

"Shitty, there's so much."

Jimin ran his hands through his hair, gripping on the strands a bit, the stress that bottled up for the last week slowly starting to pour out. he would have completely lost it by now if the comforting sight of sparkling specks fell from the sky outside his window.

"Part of me regrets pushing everything off, but the other part of me knows it was worth it," Jimin said thinking back to every moment that coated through his memories from the last three days.

"And you said I was being flirty," Yoongi said, an amused laugh threatening to escape from his lips.

Jimin smiled, leaning back in his comfy chair, closing his eyes. "I'm just being honest."

"Well Park Jimin, I'm just being honest when I say you should say fuck you to them and quit."

"If only I could," Jimin sighed, thinking back to every moment he had to walk into this office and wake up at ungodly times.

He wished he could quit more than he wished to fix his broken windows.

Though he had an apartment to pay for and could barely afford the heat, so there was absolutely no way he could quit no matter how badly his mental health seemed to plummet from it.

Jimin had zoned out, though once he came back to consciousness, he realized the other line was staticky and muffled as if Yoongi was moving around and talking to someone on the other side.

"Um, sorry, one-second Jiminnie," Yoongi said pressing his face back up to the phone for a split second before moving it once again. Jimin moved it his face and looked at it confused before pressing it back up to his ear once again.

This continued for about twenty seconds before Yoongi returned once again.

"Sorry Jimin, I've gotta go. I'll talk to you later." Yoongi said, his voice tinged in sadness that he had to hang up with the blonde.

"Good luck on the work. I believe in you," He said one last time, hopomh to give the blonde some encouragement.

"Bye Yoongi," Jimin said, his voice growing quieter that their talk session had been cut short, the line ending and his screen growing black.

He felt like after their conversation it had almost made him want to not be here even more, wishing he could he could see him.

Though he was more than thankful that he was able to hear the man's voice. It encouraged him to get his work done as he picked up the pen that danced between his finger only moments ago and started writing.

~

10:34am.

Jimin got through thirty minutes of work, his heart and need to talk to Yoongi satisfied, his mind at peace and finally able to focus. Though his phone vibrated and soon lit up, a ringtone sounding throughout his office, disturbing his state of solitude.

He picked it up, looking at the collar ID as he set his pen down, smiling when he saw who it was.

Umbrella man🌂💙 Is Calling...

Accept or Decline

Jimin clicked answer, pressing the phone up to his ear as the lines connected for the second time.

Before Jimin could even say hello, Yoongi's voice sounded throughout his phone speaker that rested in his hands.

"'Sup cutie, On a scale of one to ten how easy do you think it would be for you to end early come here?"

Jimin's face scrunched up, slightly confused at how eager and rushed Yoongi's voice seemed to sound, despite his use of the word 'Cutie'.

"Right now?"

"I mean, as soon as possible," Yoongi said almost like he was out of breath.

"4?" Jimin stated more of a question than an actual answer.

"Oh," He heard from the other end before the same sound he had heard thirty minutes before returned. There was shuffling around on the other end, static reaching Jimin's ears, Yoongi's voice being drowned out.

"Why?" Jimin questioned the slight worry and growing more and more as each second. He was curious of why and what had changed within the last half hour that Yoongi wanted to see him for.

"Think you can you try for me Jiminnie?" Yoongi asked, his voice a bit lower, hopefulness peeking through and coating his voice.

There was something about hearing those words that made butterflies pool in his stomach and his face heat up once again. Like yeah, Jimin could try to do a lot of things to get out of work.

Though it was when Yoongi said "for me" with his words slightly slurred and a hint darker that a spark ignited in him and he would do absolutely anything for.

"What is it?" Jimin questioned once again, hoping Yoongi would tell him instead of beating around the bush. Though Yoongi brushed the question off just like the last time.

"I'll buy you a caramel macchiato, just meet me here in 30."

"I feel bad when you buy me things though," Jimin said furrowing his eyebrows. It was strange how Yoongi wouldnt just tell him.

"It's snowing outside."

"Why can't you just tell me why?" Jimin said with a laugh pressed to his tongue, ignoring his attempt to get him to leave, amused at how Yoongi managed to push off everything. At least he had figured out Jimin's weak spots; the things he absolutely lived for.

"You can have another sweatshirt?"

It was quiet on both ends of the phone, silence growing through the air like glass. Of course Jimin had already been sold at, "Think you can try for me?" But he had a small hope if he stretched it out a bit longer that Yoongi might tell him why exactly he was taking off work.

Hell, for all he knew it could just be because he had wanted to see and talk to him, in which Jimin would still go. It had only been around 9 hours since the last time he saw the man, but part of him missed seeing that bright gummy smile and those wild locks of white hair

"...What if its the one I'm wearing right now...?"

"Deal." Jimin said, finally giving in. The last sweatshirt he had of Yoongi's was slowly starting to lose his sent from the number of times JImin wore it within the last 3 days.

He knew if he just asked Yoongi, the white-haired man would give him a hundred if it meant he was staying warm and happy.

Though it made him feel bubbly and got rid of some of the embarrassment if Yoongi was the one who initiated. So, he would take this opportunity up in a second, especially if it had been he had been wearing and brought with him to work.

That meant the fresh sent of coffee and sugar would be coated around it, caramel-mocha drinks and fruity pastries lacing their way around the fabric. His sweatshirt would now small like everything sweet, his own personal sent mixing in with it.

He almost couldn't wait to get there just so he could wrap Yoongi in a hug, taking in the comforting scent and feel of the man that was now officially his.

"I can have my best friend come pick you up?" Jimin heard from the other end, suddenly snapping him out of his trance.

Jimin looked over at the window across from him, contemplating which to choose as he looked at the busy streets and constant flashing lights. "No, it's okay. Its really nice outside and I wanna walk with the snow since it's not very far."

He didn't let the preoccupied city keep his attention for very long though. His mind soon wandered off to the navy blue sky that had absorbed the sun into its darkness and covered all the clouds. Though the heavenlike snowflakes that fell from the sky and landed anywhere the wind took them made the sheet that painted up above him not so empty.

He liked how so very soft the coated streets and sidewalks looked, wanting nothing more than to stick his hands onto the ground before he entered the shop with icy cold fingers, only to warm them up ferm the so very warm hands that were now his very own to hold.

Once Jimin hung up he grabbed his coat and clocked out, no longer worried about the work that he only got 1/5 done. He wanted to go outside and feel the cold pierced his cheeks, letting them flush a deep red, contrasting with his pale skin.

He couldn't wait to feel the winter breeze, yet every part of him wanted nothing more than to feel the warmth of Min Yoongi that always followed soon after.

-

most of you probably didn't see the message i posted on my message board, so I took a ss of it 💞

i apologize again. there's just so much going in and its hard to find time.💔

anywayyy, again with the ships thing, ik people are gonna hate me, so im sorry, but i don't regret who i have planned to be together 🙈

ALSO THANK YOU GUYS SO MICH FOR 90K+ READS HRJCJRKFKEFKEK WERE SO CLOSE TO 100K AND IM CRYING WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE U GUYS 💜🌙💜🎉🎈🎊😭😭😭

lives average. school is stressful just because my friends are kinda oof rn. I need new friends tbh :( but, ill be okay 👍💙

i got a job on wednesday. i worked most of the weekend and i actually very much enjoy it and won't be totally broke anymore 😂😂

good stuff is coming up in the story 👀🙃☔

i hope you're all taking care of yourselves and staying happy ☀❤☀ i love you guys so much.

also, I've realized that i never really tell u guys what time it is for me.

so, generally when i update, it's around the same time which is now. and it's around 11:05pm. (23:05) anyone else in the same time zone as me ? 🙂

anyway,

good morning☀ or goodnight guys🌙

❤✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 202 32
"I promise you Park Jimin that we will reach happier days." Yoongi has pretty much given up on his life. He doesn't leave his apartment and barely ge...
102K 3.2K 20
In a story, where Jimin and Jungkook live together and Jimin starts developing feelings for his fellow housemate. But Jungkook doesn't seem to notice...
192K 7.2K 46
Park Jimin was in a abusive relationship, he wanted to do anything to escape it. He was walking to college one day when his friend Min Yoongi approac...
144K 6.6K 66
It all started back in daycare with two 5-year-old boys who were just simple classmates but for yoongi it was different he thought his classmate par...