problematic ➳ reddie

By definejarchie

don't read this if you don't wanna hate richie started / 20.1.18 finished / 2.7.2020 More

prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123 (old readers, this is a new chapter!)
124
125
im an idiot

72

4.6K 339 872
By definejarchie

january age 16  

"richie"

the dark haired boy snapped out of his thoughts as he looked up at the fiery redhead standing above him, in front of the cushioned chair.

"max" richie let out a breath. "you scared me"

max smiled a little and took a seat next to richie, since there were two cushioned chairs. "it's been a while"

richie didn't reply. he only looked at max who was taking a comfortable position.

"so what are you doing here?" she suddenly asked.

"that was broad" richie chuckled lightly.

"dude, i'm just trying to make a conversation"

"i have anger issues, they said" richie mumbled.

"and do you think you have?" max asked.

"i almost hit my best friend. yes, i obviously do" richie grimaced in disgust at himself, remembering how he almost bashed eddie's head in.

"yikes" max clicked her tongue. "almost as bad as mine"

"what'd you do? why are you here?" richie asked, ditching the pack of cards on the table next to him.

"i almost broke my brother's dick with a bat hammered with nails" max smiled lightly.

"what the fuck? why?" richie let out a breathy laugh.

"he almost killed my friends. in my opinion, he's the one with the issues. i was only protecting my friends. so I injected a vaccine onto his neck so he'd stop hitting my friend and while he was pretty drugged on the ground, i told him to leave my friends alone. i threatened him with the bat" max sighed. "it was fine until that motherfucker told mom and dad about it and they sent me here"

"fuck" richie breathed out.

"fuck, indeed" max nodded.

"what'd he do?" richie asked. max furrowed her brows.

"you know, what did he do to make you almost smash his dick?"

"he hurt my friends, like I said. one of my friends were sick. like, really fucking sick. so as he was taken into hospital or something, with his mom and brother, so me and my three other friends stayed in his house, waiting for him. note that my friends are all boys. so, my brother was looking for me and finally arrived to his house and...well, you can imagine what happened next. one girl and three boys in an empty house late at night. well, he attacked my friends which made my instincts just rise. i was only protecting my friends" max explained.

"holy shit..." richie muttered. "you know I have a friend who reminds me of you"

"yeah?" max lifted a brow and richie nodded. "yeah. she has red hair too, a fucking badass, would do anything for her friends...i bet you smoke too"

"couple times. but you're not allowed to smoke in here. that's why I go on the balcony every night to ruin my lungs. care to join me sometimes?"

"yes, please. i didn't take a pack of marlboro for nothing" richie grinned.

"what about you? how's your life?" max asked. "other friends than the redhead?"

"yeah....i hope" richie sighed.

"you hope?"

so richie explained. he explained everything. he told her about eddie and how they've been best friends since they were four. he told about bill, about stan about bev, about all of their friends. he told her about the time he beat justin, he told about the car race. he told about justin. he told about eddie cutting friendships with him. he told about betty. his first time, his first kiss, about his family.

he told about everything.

expect the kisses with eddie.

"wow that's...heavy" max let out a breathy laugh.

"it is" richie agreed. " you know I had to be with henry and those guys, because since eddie and I have the same friend group, I couldn't sit with them. the others didn't do anything. they didn't make me mad and I didn't make them mad. it was only eddie"

"you could've hung out with them other than the lunch, you know" max suggested.

"a bit too late now, is it" richie chuckled breathily. "and it's not about them. it's about eddie. the risk that there's a chance that someday i could lose it and hurt eddie...I can't take that risk"

"look, richie...even though you told me about everything, i don't think i'm ever gonna fully understand this. but, in my opinion...you two are in denial"

richie almost choked. "denial? what kind of denial?"

"i think you two have a major crush on each other" max smiled.

richie laughed loud.

"eddie's great. he really is. i'd do anything for him. but being in love with him is totally a different thing. he's...i'm not in love with him"

max didn't reply. she only looked at richie smugly.

"i'm not" richie let out nervous laughters. "i'm not in love with him"

"okay" max nodded.

"it's true, i'm not! i don't know where'd you get that idea. i'm not in love with my best friend"

"you know why they call it denial?" max asked. richie furrowed his brows.
"it's because they say and do anything to deny their feelings"

richie rolled his eyes. "god! i'm not in love with him, okay?!"

"okay" max agreed, yet richie knew exactly that max was doing this on purpose. "hey have you ever heard of dobblegangers?"

"like two people who look the same? yeah,i have" richie took a hold of the cards again.

"yeah, i think one of my friends is your dobbleganger. he looks just like you, expect that he doesn't have glasses and his hair is more straight. not so curly, you know" max explained.

"interesting." richie stated.

"his name is mike. he uhm...he hates me." max let out breathy laugh.

"hates you? why? did you suck his dick the wrong way?" richie knitted his brows.

max rolled his eyes. "I don't know why he hates me. i tried to ask that once but the only thing I got in response is that i'm annoying. but it's fine. i don't care. i don't like him either"

richie smirked. "mayfield, do you know what denial is?"

"oh shove it, tozier" max kicked richie's leg.

-

a/n

i really can't stay
but baby it's cold outside
i got to go away
but baby it's cold outside
this evening has been
so very nice
(added this cause some people missed my christmas carols :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.3K 3K 74
"does he hurt you?" "do i look bruised?" "that's not what i mean."
39.2K 2.1K 21
( completed, under editing. ) everything is blue, his hair, his pills, his dreams. reddie | © softhce
707 24 7
[title will probably change. big wip] i'm here regardless of the pain, don't ever tell me to go away from you
50.8K 3K 28
𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒐𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒉𝒊𝒎.