Poison

By Karli_Girl

Christine Wilson left S.H.I.E.L.D. long before the Avengers were formed.She should have known that it would n... More

Case file
epigraph
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Epilogue

Chapter Six

2.1K 61 6
By Karli_Girl

"Sokovia."

"Bless you" Christine was reading a book on the enormous couch when Steve walked in. It had been a couple days since she arrived, and it was just a waiting game. While the rest of the team took that time to train, she decided to try and relax.

She also had been getting to know her teammates. They all warmed up to her after a day or so. Tony was less hostile and even joked around with her.He made it a daily task to try and make her laugh. She pretended to be annoyed but she didn't want to admit that it brought a smirk to her face.

Steve took a more subtle approach and brings her a cup of coffee, sometimes.They would sometimes sit on the couch, silently.Small talk was deemed useless with them.

Bruce,Clint, and Natasha would asked her questions about her powers and she would answer. She sometimes trained with them, impresses by their level of skill.

She took in his attire and rose an eyebrow at him. He was already dressed in his uniform and seemed ready to head out.

"Maria has been keeping an eye out for any persons of interest. We just got a hit." He answered

With a nod, Christine stood up. "On who?"

"Strucker"

Christine had no idea who he was talking about, but she trusted Maria. She didn't ask anymore questions and Steve didn't look like he was gonna offer answers.

Grabbing her knives, she followed behind Steve as he lead the way to their jet.Steve pressed a button on the elevator, causing the doors to close. He looked her way with pinched eyebrows. "You sure you don't want to change?"

Christine glanced down her clothes. Her T-shirt and jeans were adorned with her signature leather jacket and combat boots. She chuckled at Steve before sheathing her knives.

"I don't have to get all dressed up to fight"she said.

"What? You don't like the suit?" He placed his hand on his chest, acting offended.

She gave an unladylike snort; Sensing Steve wanted a verbal response, she answered. "It's a little too Star Spangled Banner"

There was a pause before Steve threw his head back and laughed.His laugh was so infectious it even caused her to let out a chuckle.

"I'll keep that in mind" he replied.

The elevator doors opened and they were on the roof. The jets engines were already on and it whipped her hair around. Steve was beginning to debrief her and she strained to hear him. He continued as they made their way to their transportation.

"So, what the hell is the tesseract still doing on earth?"

"It's not the tesseract, it's Loki's scepter" Natasha answered. They were the last ones to arrive.

Christine rolled her eyes. "So, what the hell is Loki's scepter still doing on earth? Didn't Thor zap him back to Bizarro land?"

"We didn't zap anyone! Heimdall brought us back to Asgard and my brother faced punishment" Thor snapped back at her. "And during the New York battle, Loki's scepter was lost."

Another roll of the eyes.No wonder Nick asked her to help, they were the ones who lost the damn thing. She's not surprised that he would leave that out of it. He didn't want to make his team look bad.

He was trying to impress me.

Funny.

~

"Shit!"

Christine used her shadows to create a shield around her while she fended off enemies coming form the rear.

Trying to throw her opponents balance off, she kicked him in the back of the knee before knocking him unconscious with a punch. She shook her hand out from the pain.

"Language!" She heard Steve hiss back through the comm. "JARVIS, Hows the view upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is far more advanced then any other Hydra base we have ever taken" JARVIS sounded.

"So we cant get in?" She questioned.

While listening to them, she noticed the Hydra agent trying to sneak up on her. She grabbed her remaining knife and threw it. Her target groaned when the knife impaled her.

Putting her shield down, she teleported over to a crowd of agents. She had the element of surprise and had her shadows take down some whilst she finished the rest.

Clint was in between the trees, shooting off some arrows and she decided to leave him be. She glanced the other way to see if anyone needed help.

That's when she heard a loud groan of pain, her head whipped around to see Clint on the ground. He was clutching his side and she could see blood seeping through his fingers.

Christine teleported over to him. "Shit! Shit!" She applied pressure in his wound and he cried out. "Clint's hit!"

His face screwed up in pain. "We have an enhanced in the field" he said.

Christine kept applying pressure almost hurting him. When Clint opened his eyes, he could see that she was not in a good place. Her eyes took on a far away look. She wasn't making eye contact just staring at his wound.

Christine was panicking. Everything in her world seemed to become muffled. All she could do was stare at her hands on Clint's wound. But it didn't feel like his wound anymore. To her, she wasn't in Sokovia anymore, she was deep in her mind. Looking back on memories that haunt her to this day.

She began to disassociate.Her mind couldn't differentiate between what was reality and what was a memory.

The sound of hurried footsteps snapped her out of it. Finally, all sound came back and she could hear Clint talking to someone. Her comm was going off about finding the scepter. She looked up to see Nat looking back at her with a worried look.

She shook her head. "Help me get him to the jet"

They both helped Clint up and he leaned his weight on Nat. Christine was about to take some of the weight off of her when she saw a blue blur go by.

It stopped in front of them. She wasn't surprised to see that the blue blur was actually a person. His appearance was striking and it almost put her in a trance.Christine formed two shadows to help Nat. "Go"

Nat left without argument and hobbled away, Clint in tow. Christine grabbed her knife and twirled it as a warning sign. The stranger's eyes flickered to the knife and back at her.

"You think a knife will hurt me?"

She took note of his thick accent, it was similar to some of the locals.

She didn't answer, just kept conflict ready. He began to circle around her,slowly. Like a predator toying with his prey. What he didn't know is that she kept her eyes on him at all times.Her fingers twitched to conjure up a couple shadows to take him out.

"I've seen your powers, impressive. I've nev-"

"What do you want?" Christine had grown tired of this intimidation game.

He didn't answer her, instead he came closer. He came so close to her that she could feel the heat coming off his body. She lifted her chin up in defiance and scowled. He was at least a head taller than her but she didn't give a damn.

He reached up and tried to tuck a strand of curly hair behind her ear, but she grabbed his wrist in a painful grip. "Don't touch me."

Silence.

They were wanting the other to back down, to submit. His bright blue eyes burned into her brown ones. Christine even shifted her stance, but she refused to be the prey in this instance.

"Anyone got eyes on Christine?"

While she was about to answer she was swept off her feet and landed on her back. The snow did nothing to cushion her fall. Not giving herself anytime to recover she sat up and hurled a bolt of darkness at the blue blur. She watched as it hit him and he slowed down enough for her to see him clutch his leg. Blood seeped down from the slash in his thigh.

"Does anyone have eyes on Christine?"

She answered back without breaking eye contact with the man "I'm fine, I'm on my way back"

"Did you get the enhanced?"

He rose an eyebrow at me, clearly able to hear everything.Christine began to get suspicious. Did she have him? As much as she wanted to say that she did, she knew better. His injury didn't slow him down a bit. He gave a sarcastic smirk before running off and disappearing into the snow filled hills.

"I injured him, but he ran off."

"Okay, we're loading up. We need to get Clint back to Doc fast"

"Roger that"

—————————————————

Thank you in advance.

Vote. Comment. Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.8K 1K 75
{bucky barnes ff} Noelle Dean has many struggles, the main one being that she was stuck in ice for seventy years and now has to live in a world witho...
549K 12.5K 133
Chloe always knew that her mom was somewhere out there in the world. But being hydras experiment toy, she never actually thought that she would ever...
301K 8.4K 20
"I tried to kill you as soon as I met you... Do you really trust me not to try again within a month...?" Cara Nielsen's entire working career has rev...
15.5K 513 13
A xreader fanfiction. Any gender reader. You were trying so hard to hide your powers but with each passing day it was getting more difficult. Until o...