Mya Maine

By AzureBunny

~Editing~ Mya Maine has been an idol all of her life thanks to her parents. She's been in movies, performed w... More

1) Seven Colored Compass
2) Brand New Melody
3) Knocking on the Mind
4) To The End of The World, Believe Heart
5) Full Throttle Chivalrous Spirit Go! Fight!!
6) Unbreakable
7) Shout Out from Orion
8) Feeling Heart
9) Eternity Love
10) Weaving Dreams
11) Come On, Let's Sing!
13) The Heart of a Lost Child
14) Maji Love 1000%
Mya's Instrument Gallery
Prequel and Sequel A/N

12) Map of the Future

290 7 1
By AzureBunny

We all met in a lesson room to talk about the song that we're going to perform for the graduation audition.

"We should have the bass part come through a little more here," Nanami said as she pointed to one of the parts. 

"I agree," Natsuki said.

"I just can't get excited about this," Syo said.

"Of course you can't. We're missing one member."

Everyone remained quiet as we all knew that this would happen. I looked at the floor while Syo said, "Tokiya was late yesterday, too."

"I heard he's busy with work," Otoya said.

"How busy could he get? We have our graduation audition in a few days, we need him here," I said.

"I'm sure he'll be here soon," Nanami said with a smile on her face. "Shall we keep practicing?"

Then Masato asked, "What kind of work does Ichinose do?"

"I'm not too sure," Otoya said uncertainly. "He leaves after school and comes back late at night. He often comes back in the morning, too. I'm surprised his body can handle it."

"If his 'job' is working his body that hard, he's going to shut down."

"That's what I'm afraid of."

"He always works at his own pace, doesn't he? He must think he's special."

Faint footsteps could be heard running in the direction with the door opening not too long after. Tokiya had finally arrived and was tired from running.

"Ichinose-san!"

I noticed that Tokiya was paler than usual and he was panting hard.

"Sorry, I'm late."

"Icchi, is your precious work over? We're sick of waiting for you. We thought you'd never come," Ren said.

"Come on. Now that everyone's here, let's practice," Natsuki said.

"That's right. Let's all get started," Otoya agreed.

"Oh, right," Nanami said. "I made this for all of you." She held out music sheets.

"Is this..." Syo started.

"A new song?" Natsuki asked.

"Yes," Nanami said, "When I was thinking of all of you, I came up with a melody."

"Nanami, that's amazing," Syo said.

Tokiya smiled and said, "It's great."

"Really?"

"You're just full of surprises Nanami," I said happily.

"Hey, let's write lyrics together," Otoya suggested and everyone agreed on doing it.

So we started writing lyrics and Nanami played it on the piano. And we all soon started singing it together. Honestly, we sang it so much that I fell in love with it!

There were a few adjustments that we suggested to make it sound better. But we had fun doing this together.

Once we called it a day, we went to the lake and decided to rest there.

"This song is great," Otoya excitedly said.

"Our voices reverberated with each other and warmed my heart," Natsuki said.

"With this song and our lyrics...We've got the graduation audition in the bag!" Syo said.

"It may even be possible for us to win and debut."

"Most definitely," I agreed.

"We'll definitely win! Right?" Otoya asked looking at Nanami.

"Yes."

"All we need now is a dance. Your choreography is still too loose, Jinguji," Masato said.

"If the Little Lamb and Lady will give me a wink, maybe I'll give it my best," Ren said.

"What? A wink?" Nanami asked and tried to wink. "I can't wink."

"What? You can't wink?" Syo asked.

"No..."

"How about a little kiss on the cheek since I'm in a good mood," I suggested.

"Mya!" Most of the boys yelled.

"What?" I said with a smile on my face.

"I can do that!" Nanami said.

"Don't do it, Nanami!"

"Little Lamb, Lady, come on."

"There isn't going to be any 'come on.'"

"Syo-chan can you wink?" Natsuki asked.

"O-Of course I can..."

We soon got off that topic and soon started talking about a dance routine and what time to meet. We first decided tomorrow at the same time as today. Everyone agreed and started heading our separate ways, but I stayed behind to talk to Tokiya.

When I looked at him, he looked like he was ready to pass out. So I walked over to him. He looked at me, but the way his eyes were, they weren't focusing on anything. I put one hand on his forehead and one on mine to compare temperatures, and he was warm while I was normal.

"Tokiya, you have a fever. How much sleep have you been getting?"

He stayed quiet. He looked like he was going to tell me that he was fine, but I put a hand up telling him to stop.

"Don't lie to me! It's your job as HAYATO isn't it? You need to rest, you look like you're about to pass out. At this rate, your body is going to shut down!"

"This is what I chose to do, Mya."

"I don't care! We're now a part of the same group! I don't want to see you hurting yourself because of what you've chosen to do! You're going to end up shutting down and in the hospital! And I don't want to see that! Please, Tokiya. Promise me you'll stop."

He smiled before walking away and saying, "Thank you for your concern. I'll think about it. But really, I'm fine, Mya."

"I don't believe you," I whispered but he didn't hear because of the distance that he gave us by walking away.

I walked back to my dorm room and sat on my bed. I grabbed my violin and started playing a song that I learned from my best friend who happened to be the best violin player in America.

She made this and then taught me how to play it, only without the dubstep.

I was surprised when she came up to me one day and taught me how to play some of her original songs that she's done. She taught me everything about the violin and we just bonded when we met. But even though she taught me her music, no one can be as good as her when it comes to her music.

I really miss Madeline sometimes. But this is the first time I've touched my violin since I moved to Japan, which has been a little over a year now. 

(Yes this was made by Lindsey Stirling, I know, but I'm changing the name to Madeline Lane)

Only a few hours go by and my phone starts ringing. When I read who was calling me, the caller ID read 'Tokiya'. 

"Hello?"

"Hello? Is this Mya Maine?" an unfamiliar voice said on the other side of the phone.

"Yes, who is this? And why are you calling me on my friend's phone?"

"I'm HAYATO's supervisor. Could you come to his apartment?"

"Why?"

"HAYATO passed out after one of his jobs today."

"Give me the address and I'll be there shortly."

He gave me the address and I wasted no time in calling Renji to come pick me up. It was only a few minute wait, but as soon as he got here, I got into the limo and told him to go to the address that Tokiya's supervisor told me to go to.

"Renji, please could you wait here while I'm up in Tokiya's apartment?"

"Sure, but is everything alright? You seem worried."

"My friend is going to end up in the hospital soon if I don't talk to him. I shouldn't be long. But if I don't come out within an hour or so, just go home. It's late and I want you to get some rest."

"Alright," Renji said sounding a little unsure.

As soon as I stepped into the apartment complex I started searching for Tokiya's apartment number. Once I found it, I put in the pass-code that his supervisor told me to put in and I walked into Tokiya's apartment. While walking around I found Tokiya's room and found him asleep.

"At least he's asleep," I said as I walked towards him and felt his forehead. "Still has a fever though." I went looking for a wash rag and soaked it in cool water. I rung it out to get most of the water out of it, moved Tokiya around that way his face was facing the ceiling and not the pillow and put the wash rag on his forehead.

After that, I went to his living room and decided to stay there until he woke up. And ended up falling into a dreamless sleep.

~Time skip~

I was woken up with something touching my shoulder. When I opened my eyes, I saw that it was Tokiya tugging at my shoulder trying to wake me up.

"Mya, what are you doing here?"

Instead of answering, I put my hand to his forehead and felt that his fever went down.

"Taking care of you. Your supervisor called me last night and told me what happened. You didn't listen. Just be grateful that they called me and not an ambulance."

"You didn't need to come."

"Bullshit. Your fever was worse when I arrived last night. Like I told you yesterday, we're in the same group now, I'm going to worry if you don't take care of yourself," I started yawning. "Anyway, I'll leave you alone now. We have to be at the academy for the dance routine today." I looked at him. "Will you be there?"

"I may be late," was all he said.

Before leaving I turned to look at him and said, "Just promise me that you'll take care of yourself."

"I promise, Mya."

"Alright. See you later then," I walked out of his apartment and started heading back to Saotome Academy. I could've called Renji, but I really didn't want to bother him after yesterday. So I decided to walk.

~Third Person P.O.V~With Tokiya~

After Mya left, Tokiya went on his phone and saw that he had multiple missed calls from Otoya. So he tried calling back, only to not get an answer. Knowing that he and the others were supposed to meet to practice the song and learn a dance routine for the song, he quickly got dressed but was surprised when the president of HAYATO's company came into his apartment.

"Where are you going?"

"President."

"We had a doctor come to see you. Including Mya Maine. You still have a fever. You should rest. Himuro's in a meeting. He was worried it was his responsibility," the president said before taking a pill. 

"President, I..."

"I heard you're attending Saotome Academy. Along with Mya Maine."

"What?"

"I know," the president said while putting the glass of water on the table, "You know, I trusted you."

"I'm sorry. I should have told you myself."

"Our contract will expire soon. Will that be the end?"

"I apologize for not telling you everything. But as I've told you many times before, I..."

"Don't you have any sense of obligation or duty? You have mountains of work! You should be grateful but instead..." the president took out a cigarette.

"I want to sing."

"I heard your last concert was a disaster. That and you didn't offer Mya Maine an opportunity to work for us."

"That was..."

"What are you not satisfied with?" the president started coughing and threw away his cigarette. "How many units did you initially sell when you debuted? When the time comes, you'll be able to do anything."

"The time is now. I promised I would sing."

"Were you taken in by his sweet talk?"

"No, I..."

The president turned towards Tokiya while holding his heart and breathing in pain, "Is it...Is his place really that great? Someone...Someone like you..." The president fell to the floor still holding his heart and shaking in pain.

Tokiya quickly grabbed his phone and called an ambulance.

~Mya P.O.V~

I arrived at the academy about half an hour later. Once I entered the academy I went straight to the lesson room that the eight of us have been using to get ready for the graduation audition. When I entered the lesson room all eyes were on me.

But Tokiya still hasn't arrived yet.

"Mya, where have you been?" Syo asked sounding annoyed.

"Taking care of Tokiya. Apparently, he passed out in the middle of the city. Someone was nice enough to bring them to their apartment and call me," I lied.

"Why didn't they just call an ambulance or something like that? It makes no sense as to why they would call you."

"The person that brought him to her apartment was a nurse who was on her way home when she found him. She called me and I stayed the night there taking care of Tokiya."

"I knew something must've happened."

"From what the nurse told me, he hasn't been getting a lot of sleep lately. If he was, he was only getting about an hour's worth. And he is very stressed about something. I noticed something was off yesterday, but it shocked me that his body gave out that quickly."

"Your hiding something, Mya," Syo said.

"What would I be hiding?"

"You know something that none of us know. And it has something to do with Tokiya's job doesn't it?"

"I'm not in the mood for this."

"I don't care."

I'm tired, and when I'm tired I'm more stressed and angry than when I'm on my period. And being that I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, I'm pissed. So what did I do? I kicked Syo in the chest.

"What did I tell you about pissing me off? When I say I'm not in the mood that means I'm not in the mood do you understand me?" At this point, I was yelling. I didn't give him the time to answer because I walked out of the room and headed towards my dorm room. I don't do anything once I get there other than lie on my bed and go to sleep.

~Third Person P.O.V~With Nanami~

After Mya's little "temper tantrum" as Syo called it, everyone decided to call it a day. Nanami wanted to try to talk to Mya to see if she was okay. Nobody has ever seen Mya like that before and it worried her. Mya surprised everyone when she kicked Syo and then when she started yelling.

As Nanami got closer to Mya's room, she could hear what sounded like a phone ringing, but nobody picking it up. Surprisingly enough, it came from Mya's room. When Nanami reached Mya's room, the ringing stopped and she knocked on the door.

There was no answer. She knocked again, and once again no answer. Surprised to see that the door was unlocked, she opened the door and saw Mya asleep on her bed. Her instruments were in their cases except for the keyboard that was still lying on the desk on the opposite side of the room.

Not wanting to wake her up, Nanami closed the door and started going to her room and remembered that someone was playing the violin yesterday. Remembering that Mya has a violin, she walked back into Mya's room and looked at the violin on the table in the middle of the room. The case was a diamond blue color that had M.S.M written on it. Nanami looked at the other cases of her instruments to see the same initials on all of the cases. Some had other signatures as well, but the violin had a note on it. Everything is written in English which made it hard for Nanami to understand.

'To the best girl that wanted to learn my music and wanted to be my friend. Play this all the time to remember me in America. Keep in touch as well!

~M.L.'

M.S.M must be Mya-chan's initials, but who are the rest of the signatures and initials? Nanami thought.

Nanami opened the violin case to see a cyan colored violin that had the same initials that were on the note.

Next to the violin, was a bunch of papers. Including the music sheets that Nanami had given to the six soon to be idols and Mya. But underneath all that, were other sheets of music that weren't composed by Nanami.

Before Nanami could look at the composed music, a groan had come from Mya as she slept. Luckily for Nanami, Mya never woke up.

Because Nanami didn't want to take the chances of waking Mya up, she quickly, but quietly, closed the violin case and left everything as it was before she had arrived.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.6K 1.8K 14
Hi. I'm Akira Haruno. Well my dad tell allmight to train and yeAh he accepted it. Every people that knows my quirk think of me as a Villain. Thats wh...
32.8K 589 30
Saotome Academy, which is very well know by it's name, as a prestigeous school for young people who have artistic talents to enter and to become real...
101K 4.6K 39
*COMPLETED* Charlotte "Charlie" Wood moved to Japan from America with her mom in hopes of finding a better future as a hero. Enrolling in UA was o...
2.3K 137 37
Shiina Ito, a blasian girl born into the prestigious Ito family, on track to become a professional hero in the world of My Hero Academia, has her lif...