5) Full Throttle Chivalrous Spirit Go! Fight!!

After Ren performed his song for the whole academy to hear, Nanami and I decided to take a walk. We didn't really talk much, but it was worth a walk. I've been out of it lately, so a walk around isn't exactly a bad decision. The only thing I didn't expect, was to see Tokiya walking towards us.

When it came to where we were right in front of each other, all three of us just stopped. Tokiya stands in front of Nanami and I and giving us nothing but a blank face. He started to walk around us but grabbed my wrist before fully walking past us. Leaving a confused Nanami behind.

"Tokiya?"

"Did she make Ren write those lyrics?"

"Huh? You mean Nanami? Maybe. I guess it was a mix between both her and I. I talked to him yesterday about the song, I'm not a hundred percent sure when she spoke to him. But whatever she told him, definitely convinced him that there is something more to this. More than just expecting a grade on something."

"Did she make the song?"

"I don't think she did. She was really worried when Ren tore up the paper. I don't think she was even thinking about composing a song when he already had the melody."

"What do you mean?"

"Back on the first day, I got a ride here thanks to Ren. He and I talked and he told me about his mother. Well, some information about his mother. But he told me that before she passed, she left a message for him, which also contained a little melody that she had originally made. I guess he just used the melody his mother made and mixed it with his instrument and finished the song for her. He already had the lyrics and the music, he was just too stubborn to turn it in." I looked down at the floor so that Tokiya couldn't see my face. "I kinda envy him. To have such a loving mother. To have everything and possibly anything that you've ever wanted. All the things that I've never had."

I looked up when I realized that I was getting off topic, but when I went to apologize, "Don't apologize. I know I can be ignorant, but you can talk to me if...you are upset about anything." He mumbled the last part, but it was still loud enough for me to hear.

I smiled and said, "Thanks, Tokiya. I should get going, got to be ready for tomorrow's class, am I right?"

"Right, see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow, Tokiya."

I then went to my dorm, luckily not running into anyone on the way there. I grabbed my guitar and did what I did yesterday. Practice until I'm ready to sleep or if someone knocks on my door or calls on my phone. But before I could touch one of the strings, my phone immediately started to ring.

Without looking at the caller ID, I answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Mya! Why didn't you tell us you were in Japan?! I thought Reiji was just being an idiot again when he mentioned that you were now in Japan."

"Nice to hear from you too, Maru. And to answer your question, I haven't been able to contact anyone until I was enrolled in Saotome. You know how strict my parents were when it came to my phone and friends to talk to."

"Quit calling me 'Maru', and if I really cared for the two pricks that are your parents I would've asked about them. Saotome, huh. You still going to be an idol?"

"Of course, when Shining-san asked if I wanted to continue being an idol while I'm a student at Saotome Academy, I just couldn't say no."

"Wait, so you're an idol, currently? You're not waiting until you debut?"

"Nope. I'm finally away from my parents after 18 years of literal hell. I'll accept any opportunity to show them what I'm made of. I even came up with a song. It's only lyrics at the moment. But the song, I can't wait to sing it once it's composed by my future composer."