13) The Heart of a Lost Child

The next day came and I didn't feel right. I turned the TV on and on the news were pictures of Tokiya at Saotome Academy.

Where did these pictures come from? There were even pictures of me on the screen.

"Saotome Academy is a vocational school associated with an agency, isn't it? Could HAYATO be transferring to Saotome Academy?"

"Who knows?"

How did they find out?

"In any case, I don't believe he's retiring. I'm sure the agency will make some kind of announcement."

"And what about Mya Maine? It's clear as day in some of these pictures that she's still in Saotome Academy. So she's been working with HAYATO this whole time and nobody knew about it?"

"I'm not sure that's the case."

"Don't you dare go spreading rumors about me! I didn't even know he was HAYATO until the amusement park concert!" I yelled, but the people on the TV couldn't hear me. I left my room and started walking towards the lesson room where at least five of our group members were.

Everywhere I went, all I heard was Tokiya this or HAYATO that. No one seems to believe that they are the same person. But then they see me and I ignore them.

I seem to be the last one to enter the lesson room as everyone's attention is turned to me. I gave everyone a questioning look as they gave me a look of disbelief.

"If Tokiya is HAYATO, it would explain why he has been late and absent from our practices," Masato said.

"What's all this talk about transferring and retiring?" Syo then looked at me, "Did you know about this?"

"I know nothing about transferring and retiring, but I only worked with him once. And that was the concert at the amusement park. Which is when I found out that HAYATO and Tokiya are the same person."

"Don't be ridiculous!"

"I'm not being ridiculous! I'm telling the truth!"

"But what is he doing at this academy when he's already debuted?" Natsuki asked.

"Why? What was Tokiya thinking?" Otoya asked.

"These are all the questions that I've been trying to ask him, but whenever I asked he would turn away! I didn't get any information until he broke the wall that kept him and everyone around him separate. Which, honestly wasn't that long ago."

"Damn it! Are both of you mocking us?"

"It's not like that," Nanami said.

"Haru-chan, did you know?" Natsuki asked.

Everyone went quiet. Which surprised me since everyone looked like they wanted to rip my throat out of my neck.

"Nanami?" Syo asked.

"I'm sorry, I..."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Syo asked.

"It wasn't our secret to tell."

"Working as HAYATO while attending this academy could not possibly be a simple joke. There must have been a reason they could not tell us. You must understand."

"The only reason why I say I'm an idol is because everyone knows my name. Tokiya couldn't because he went by two different names. Tokiya Ichinose and HAYATO. That's what made everyone believe that they were twins."

The room went quiet. Nobody dared to say anything.

Until Masato asked, "Were you able to get in touch with Ichinose since then?"