8) Feeling Heart

It's still raining the next few days. Today being the final day for Tokiya to prove that he belongs in the S class. But, will he be able to sing with heart if he couldn't even do it as HAYATO? I've tried a numerous amount of times to offer help or advice, but he just turns me down. At this rate, he's going to be put in the A class if he continues to ignore everyone's advice. And here he is, standing in the studio, singing the song that he's been singing for the past few weeks just to get a type of grade on it. The same song that Hyuga-sensei keeps telling him to sing because he's not singing with heart.

The music finished and I shake my head in disappointment.

He's a famous singer with a different name, but for something as simple as singing a song for a grade, he acts as if he doesn't care. He's worse than Ren. And Ren was almost expelled.

"Your rhythm and pitch are right on the mark. Your vocalization is good, too. It's perfect. However...This isn't a place to master singing accurately. We're trying to become idols. It's been three months since you entered the academy. I've advised you, again and again, even Mya has tried giving you advice,  but you haven't changed at all. Her and I both told you that there's something missing from your singing. The heart." Hyuga-sensei sighed before continuing, "It's time to give up. Ichinose Tokiya, I can't let you stay in this class any longer."

"Wait, Hyuga-sensei-" I tried saying something, but Hyuga-sensei left. I looked back at Tokiya before some of the people in the class came up to me asking questions. When all their questions were answered, I left the recording room following Hyuga-sensei. "Hyuga-sensei, please wait!"

"What is it, Mya?"

"Are you serious about moving Tokiya into the A class?"

"Very. I'm pretty sure you already know this, but Ichinose Tokiya is also HAYATO. If he can't sing a song with heart as Tokiya like how he sings as HAYATO, he doesn't deserve to be in the S class."

"Yes, I know his secret about him being HAYATO, but still. Give him one more chance to prove that he can sing with heart. I know he can do it he just refuses to. I was in the same situation when I was younger. Give him one last chance and time for me to talk to him and convince him to at least try."

"Ichinose Tokiya will be moved to the A class no later than tomorrow. And this is the end of this conversation, Mya. I've given him too many chances already. If he never listened to you in the past, why would he listen now?"

I thought about it before a question that's been bothering me for quite some time came to mind. "If my family hated me so much, why did they send me somewhere I know I'll love?" And with that, I turned and headed back to the recording room.

When I was close to returning to the recording room, I saw Tokiya walking in my direction. But instead of stopping, he continued on. And I entered the recording room.

When I returned, almost everyone in the class had already left. Everyone except for Ren and Syo. They looked at me when I closed the door.

"So that's it then?" Syo asked. "Tokiya is no longer in the S class?"

"He's being moved to A class. He's most likely going to start tomorrow. This is his karma. Now, let's go meet with Nanami and the others. And maybe grab some lunch while we're there." I suggested as we left the recording room.

"Exactly, how many times did you offer Tokiya help?"

"Too many to count. I've been offering my help since the first project basically, but he kept turning me down. What's the point now? I even compared him to Ren."

"And how did that go, Lady?" Ren replied.

"Call me by my name! And he's worse than you. For you it was lyrics, but you still turned it in. Hell, you sang it for the whole academy to hear." I smiled as I said that, but it immediately went away as I continued, "Tokiya was told a numerous amount of times before that if he wanted to stay in the S class, that he would have to learn how to sing his music with heart, and for three months now, he refused any and all types of advice. So this is his karma."