6) Unbreakable

Being the outcast in my family used to always get me thinking that I'll never be loved. There have been times where I have thought of committing suicide. But ended up never doing anything.

Because of my family, I never got to experience a happy childhood like others my age. I was always sad and lost.

I didn't know what to do.

Until I met them.

Until I met three Japanese men and one man from a place called Silk Palace at one of the concerts that I was in along with other idols who were singing that day.

Because of them, my life changed. I'm grateful that I met them when I did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nanami? What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to know if you were okay. I also wanted to talk to you about something."

With a confused look on my face, I let Nanami into my room.

"What is it that you want to talk about, seeing as I'm perfectly fine. If it's about earlier with Syo's phobia and everything, yes I also have a phobia of heights. In case you were wondering."

"That's actually not what I wanted to talk to you about."

"What do you mean?"

She put her hand in her bag. Not a minute after putting her hand in her bag did she bring her hand out, only what was in her hand is what shocked me.

"I composed a song for you."

I couldn't respond. I couldn't think. When I finally got control over my voice and body, I looked to the floor and asked, "What do you mean?"

"I mean what I said, Mya-chan. I composed a song for you."

"Why?"

"I remembered the first conversation we had together. And by remembering that, I couldn't not give you something. Plus, you seem lonely even when you are with your friends."

"Nanami, I don't know what you're talking about. Thanks for composing something for me, but I'm not sure I can accept this."

"What? Why?"

"It's just if my parents caught word of you composing something for me, they'll do whatever they can to stop you and hurt me. I don't want anything to happen to anyone in this academy."

She stayed quiet after I said that. I expected her to leave just like all of my other composers before Sydney. I did not expect her to hug me.

As she hugged me, my emotions took over, and I started to cry. We stayed in this position for a good fifteen minutes.

Nanami was the one who pulled away from the hug and when she looked behind me, a look of shock crossed her face.

When I turned around, I saw my guitar still on my bed (still not in its case), a keyboard on the desk on the far corner of the room, a bass leaning on the wall right next to my bed, and my violin (still in the case) on the table in the middle of the room.

"You're a very musical person. I didn't know that you had this many instruments when we first met."

"That's because I don't really play anything other than my guitar. The only reason I still have all these instruments is because my parents threw everything at me so that there was no evidence of me there. If you give me just a minute to put everything away, then we can continue to talk."

I put the song that Nanami composed on the table next to my violin and started towards my bed to put the guitar up. But before I could even touch my guitar, Nanami grabbed my wrist with one hand and had the composed music in the other.

"C-Could you look at this before you put your guitar away?"

Nanami gave the music to me and I was amazed at how well it was made.

Literally not that long ago she was asking me to teach her how to read and understand music notes and she composed a song this good? Not possible. I thought.

I got up, grabbed my guitar, and sat back on the little couch next to the table. I looked at the music and started playing the notes on the guitar.

This is it! This is the music for the song that I wrote.

I started singing. And I didn't stop until the song was over. Everything this song that I wrote is saying is saying everything that I went through as a child. All the emotions that I've kept locked up and hidden away all these years.

When I finished, I looked at Nanami.

"How long?" She asked.

"What?"

"How long have you been this broken?"

I looked away and said, "Since birth, I guess. How long did it take you to compose this?"

"Ever since you taught me how to understand music. I try to understand someone before composing, and it took me forever to compose something for you."

"You didn't have to do this, you know that right?"

"I know, but I made this as thanks. For helping me."

All the blood rushed to my face as I said, "A simple thank you would've been enough."

Nanami started laughing after I said that, and I joined her not too much later.

"You do know this song is going to need way more instruments than just my guitar, right?"

"What do you mean?"

"I'm a simple girl who's into rock music. When I started singing this, I imagined drums, a bass guitar, and other guitars. We can talk about this more some other time, since its already this late."

Before she left the room, I said, "Thank you."

She looked at me with confusion written all over her face.

"Thank you, for composing this. It's just, a lot has happened to me in the past with my original composers that I wasn't expecting to receive a composed song from someone that I technically just met in Japan. What I'm trying to say is, you remind me of my friend from America who happened to be my last composer before I moved here, and I don't want what happened to her to happen to anyone else."

"What happened to her?" Nanami asked with a bit of curiosity that was very noticeable.

"My parents fired her. They almost arrested her, but thanks to her parents and lawyer, she was only fired. Unfortunately, I no longer have any type of way to get in contact with her since my parents destroyed my phone before moving here. I wish I memorized her number so that I could put it in this phone. But, that's karma for making a friend, isn't it?"

"Aren't we your friends, Mya-chan?"

"You are, just as long as my parents don't find out."

"Your parents no longer control you."

"That may be so, but they still haunt me and my decisions."

__________________________________________________________________

I know, this is a short chapter, but this is the conversation that Nanami and Mya were having in the previous chapter when I put in the necessary time skip.

THE PICTURE AT THE TOP IS MYA. Just so you know.

Once again, sorry about the short chapter.