Payback (BNHA fanfic)

By Craptchy

•CHARACTERS ARE NOT MINE! •Cover art by @/hatironpa on Twitter •Edited by yours truly. •Katsudeku •Villain D... More

Chapter I |You Will Never Be a Hero|
Chapter II |Out of Control|
Chapter III |Was it You|
Chapter IV |My Memory|
Chapter V |What Happened?|
Chapter VI |Anger Polluted|
Chapter VII |He Returns|
Chapter VIII |My Reflection|
Chapter IX |A Few Secrets|
Chapter X |Stay Alert|
Author's note!
Chapter XI |His Green Eyes|
1K special chapter |Birthday|
Chapter XII |Confusion|
Chapter XIII |Back Home|
Chapter XIV |Injuries|
Author's note. The last time tho.
Chapter XV |You Let Us Down|
Chapter XVI |Close|
Chapter XVII |Don't you?|
Chapter XVII |Sleep Away Secrets|
Chapter VIII |Down Memory Lane|
Chapter XIX |The First End|
Chapter XX |Hurting|
Chapter XXII |Sent|
Chapter XXIII |Looking for the Devil|
5K special |Bakugo's story|
XXIV |That Cold Night|
Chapter XXV |Concluding a Dream|
A letter to the readers of this story

Chapter XXI |Endangered|

1.1K 53 3
By Craptchy

That voice.

There was only one person who called Bakugo by that name.

The boy turned around to face the person dressed in covering clothes, which made it almost impossible to tell their identity.

"Iz-izuk-ku? Is that y-you?" Bakugo let out with a trembling voice as he stepped a little closer to the stranger.

The boy raised his hands and took off his hood, revealing his dark green hair and freckled face.

"Izuku? That's really you!" Kirishima shouted at their classmate.

"What are you doing here? Are you following me or something?" Izuku said in a playful tone as he was looking at the ground, making his hair fall over his eyes.

"Izuku, I'm so glad you're okay! I was so worried about you!" Bakugo exclaimed and started coming closer to him.

His walking soon turned into running. Soon he was approaching Izuku with full speed, leaving his friend behind him.

"Oh, so now you worry about me?"

Right before he could embrace him in a hug, Izuku looked up with completely enraged eyes which made Bakugo's emotions completely change.

He had gotten close enough for Izuku to reach him and couldn't stop anymore.

Izuku threw his hand back and quickly shot it in the direction of his classmate hitting him in the stomach.

The pain made it's way over the student's body almost immediately and was so strong that he fell back almost to the place he had started running from.

"Bakugo! Are you okay?" Kirishima ran up to his friend to help him get up.

"Why would you do that? He's your- he's your friend, Izuku!" he yelled over to their classmate who was still glaring at them both with the same anger.

Instead of answering, Izuku started running towards them both again. He clenched his fist, about to strike another punch into his friend's body.

"Stop! What are you doing!" Kirishima yelled, seeing what he was about to do, and ran in front of his friend, as an attempt to protect him.

Seeing that his target was blocked, Izuku slowed down a little and stopped in a small distance from Kirishima.

"Step out of the way, Kirishima! This is nothing you have to get yourself into!" he said as he slowly activated his quirk on the clenched hand.

Kiri took a look back at his friend. Bakugo was just lying on the ground without moving. He wasn't unconscious though. His eyes were just squinted shut as he was holding onto the wound he had gotten from Izuku's hit.

"I-if you want to get to him, you'll have to get through m-me first!" he said in a trembling voice, as he took a power stance and prepared for another of Izuku's hits to be landed on him, even though he was very worried that he wouldn't even be able to recover from it.

Izuku sighed and looked down for a second, then rised his head and looked him in the eyes.

"Look, Kirishima. This is something I need to settle with that son of a bitch resting on the ground over there. You have no idea how miserable he has made me feel for this whole time. I don't want to hurt you. He is the only one who has to pay." Izuku let out in a bitter tone as he was closely keeping an eye on the both of the guys.

Kirishima wasn't about to, but then he heard the boy behind him shiver and move. When he took a look back at him he was already getting up.

"D-don't worry Kirishima. I can handle this." Bakugo said with visible pain in his face.

His friend saw that his shirt had gotten red from the blood leaving the wound. He watched as Bakugo tried to ignore the pain by pressing the soaked fabric against his stomach.

"Oh would you look at that! You can actually stand up for yourself, Bakugo. That's something new. Back at the buildings yesterday I saw only the pros, but no sign of you. Looks like you started caring one day too late. Then we could've already gotten through this and without Kirishima having to watch." his thoughts were interrupted by Izuku who mockingly addressed Bakugo.

"You mean... that really was you?" Kirishima asked him while looking back at Bakugo a few times.

"So you saw it in the news? Or did you maybe actually come to watch me? Well isn't that thoughtful." Izuku mocked the two boys again.

Bakugo silently approached Kirishima from behind and grabbed his upper arm, pushing him out of his way. Kirishima tried to help him walk further as he saw him limping in pain but he just pushed him away again.

"Stepping up for yourself, eh? That's unlike you. Don't you like to ruin people's lives and completely forget them? Or have you maybe-"

"Izuku! I know I have been a horrible person to you, but I've changed! I'm not like that anymore. Can we just talk?" the words escaped Bakugo's mouth as he tried not to show hints of hurt in his voice.

Izuku stepped closer to him with his hands in his pockets, keeping his sheepish smile and blank eyes.

"And now is when you seek forgiveness, hm? I'd say it's a little too late for that." he said as he raised one of his hands up to Bakugo's chin and activated the quirk on one of his fingers.

Bakugo didn't say anything, nor did he move. He just raised his head while still looking at Izuku with the pitiful and sorrow filled look.

Even though Bakugo was scared for his life at this point, the fear didn't seem to bother him as a warm smile formed on his mouth.

Izuku's sheepish expression disappeared after he did so. He just became blankly annoyed.

"What are you happy about? Want to die that bad? If I release my finger I can do just that very easily, and I am fighting all of my urges to do so. If I do it out of context, then I'm nothing more than a serial killer, aren't I?"

Small tears started making their way down Bakugo's face.

"I'm just... so glad that you're safe and okay." he said in a trembling voice as he closed his eyes completely, waiting for Izuku to kill him.

"You're not going to fool me with that victim act of yours. Maybe I should just-" Izuku didn't get to finish his sentence once he felt a hardened fist hit his cheek from the side.

Kirishima hit Izuku out of Bakugo's way and grabbed his arm, trying to drag him away from Izuku.

"Kirishima, I told you this isn't a fight you have to fight. This is between me and Bakugo! Stay out." he commanded the boy who was again trying to cover his injured friend.

"Izuku, I don't want to hurt you... but if that means that you will cause more pain to Bakugo, I won't let you.. I won't let you hurt the person who saved my life!"

Izuku stopped breathing for a second. He stood up from the ground without saying anything, then looked back up at Kirishima. Clouded eyes, a furious expression.

"Saved your life? Bakugo... isn't a man who saves lives Kirishima. Just look at you! You're talking about the same person who made me like this." Izuku yelled at the student.

"He beat me up, left me. He has been doing it my whole life! Ever since I met him, ever since I confessed that I had feelings for him... ever since then he's been like this." he continued yelling over at the both of them, not noticing that Bakugo had almost passed out.

"Iz-zuk-ku.." he stuttered out before his eyes closed shut.

"And until then I could bare with it. Until then. But my patience ran out the moment he told me what he had done... I didn't come to hurt you, Kirishima. I didn't come to hurt you or anyone else- that murdering liar is what I wanted to warn you all about."

Kiri looked back at Bakugo and, seeing that he was unconscious, turned right back.

"What do you mean?"

Izuku clenched both of his fists and started to come closer to the both of them.

"That person you're trying to protect..." he said as he was about to hit Bakugo.

"...killed my mother."

With those words the green lightning from his fists sparked and hit the ground next to the unconscious body of his friend.

Dust raised up from the ground as Kirishima grabbed Bakugo by the waist and escaped through a small alley way in between the nearby houses.

Once the smoke settled down and Izuku could see, the two of them had already escaped out of his sight.

"Urghh Bakugo! If I ever see you again, I will kill you!" Izuku yelled out, then, activating the quirk on his legs jumped up and swiftly got away from the scene.

Kirishima could hear his scream echoing in the small space he had escaped to as he was running with Bakugo in his hands.

He decided to go back to his place and wait until his friend woke up.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●
Ok. One day late, I know. Tbh I really think this could've happened more interestingly.

The reasons aren't great and the actions are weird.

Oh yeah, I think this could be coming to an end soon. Just about 10 chapters and it should be over.

But I have other fanfic AND original work plans which I'm planning to post on my Instagram (*cough* craptchy if you didn't already know it because why would you *cough cough*) so stay tuned lmao.

Art credit: kinmme on Tumblr (a personal favorite :3)

Leave your opinions/thoughts/suggestions in the comments!  

Cya!
~Craptchy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 9.2K 100
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
5.4K 176 14
North vs. South, Free State vs. Slave State, State Governments vs. Federal Government. For a country with the name United, America was anything but u...
590K 9.1K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
17.8K 545 7
Theses are some dabbles for acelu week 2019!