To Escape a Possessive Mate

By Zephyr07

Nora hates it when werewolves and vampires make themselves known to the world. All she dreams about is escap... More

To Escape a Possessive Mate
Meeting
Talking
Arrangements
The Morning
Issues
New Home
Pool Party, Pt. 1
Pool Party, Pt. 2
Confrontation
Unexpected
Compromise?
Day 1
Wolf-Vincent
Truth or Lies?
The Deal
Omega Community
Blair
Revelations
Last Resort
Frantic Phone Calls
Attempted Escape
Big Bad Wolf
Remorse
Fighting for Life

True Colors

63.8K 1.6K 440
By Zephyr07

It was difficult to tell the difference between Vincent and Jason.  Right now they were both in their wolf forms, fighting in what appeared to be an angry ball of fluff.  I know that Jason’s wolf form is a lot larger than Vincent’s, and his fur should be a little lighter since his hair is.  But right now, because the only light that allows me to see is the fire, I can’t tell which wolf is which.

The wolves were snarling at each other and biting and clawing.  One of them kept swiping, actually slashing the other’s face, making it yelp with pain.

And now, thanks to Jason, I was so frickin’ confused!  I kissed Vincent!  On my own free will!  And it felt... satisfactory.

That’s the word I can use to describe it.  It was a nice kiss, but I didn’t feel that giant spark that the movies all say that I’m supposed to feel.  Instead, I felt something more like a dull pulse in my core.  It was almost as if, instead of the atomic bomb I was meant to experience, I wound up having something similar to the intensity of a firefly.

And here’s Vincent, my firefly fighting Jason, the wolf that I had previously chosen to have as my mate.  Truth is, I still have this desire to run off and just live without any werewolves in my life, but after kissing Vincent…maybe I could keep him as a pet or something.

The wolves were now circling one another, like in one of those bro offs.  I could now tell who was who, thanks to Jason’s significantly bulkier form.  He made Vincent look like a twig, it was so striking.

Vincent snarled and bared his teeth at Jason.  He was the one who had been slashed in the face.  There was gnarly  looking scar on his face, starting at his forehead, running over his right eye, and ending on his cheek.  Every now and then, he’d shift his glance over to me and gently cock his head to the side, telling me to get out of there.

But I didn’t want to.  I could lie and say I was concerned about the welfare of the men fighting over me, but in reality, the fight was pretty entertaining.

I shook my head at him and firmly planted my feet on the ground.

Vincent rolled his eyes, his right one bloodshot from being injured.  Then I noticed that he was carefully moving his stance in a circle, which made Jason move so that he stood facing him.  Vincent kept maneuvering, coming closer and closer to me, until he stood directly in front of me.

Vincent let out a low growl and shifted his stance so that instead of being in stack form, he was in defense form.

Vincent was shielding me!

Or another way of looking at it was that he was preventing Jason from taking me away.  I guess it all depends on the outlook one has.

Jason realized Vincent’s motive and bared his teeth in response.  Then he sprung from where he was, launching himself in the air.  Vincent barely had time to react and was tackled to the ground.  The two struggled against one another until Jason’s weight was on Vincent’s, keeping him pinned.

Jason leaned down closer to Vincent’s face, growling.  Then he made other sounds, as if his words were being spoken in some kind of werewolf language that I was incapable of deciphering.  Vincent’s eyes widened and he turned his head briefly to look at me, a slight whimper escaping from him.

What did Jason tell him?

I could have sworn that Jason smirked.  Vincent, on the other hand, looked troubled.  He kept looking around, as if he were searching for something, or thinking really hard.  Every now and then, his eyes would stop on me and he’d whimper.

Finally Vincent huffed and nodded.  Jason shifted back into his human form and stood up, freeing Vincent.

“Hope he didn’t hurt you when I was gone Nora,” Jason said as he walked up to me.  When he reached me, he engulfed me into his arms, his whole body dwarfing mine.  I had to hold my breath because he smelled of sweat, making me gag.  I even noticed that Jason appeared to have no battle scars, as if Vincent was no match for him.

Vincent shifted back into his human form, covered in bruises and scratched.  The most noticeable injury being the new scar that crossed over his face.

“What did you say to him?” I asked Jason.  Vincent kept his eyes glues on me, grimacing at Jason’s arms around my body.  Obviously Jason had to say something pretty powerful or threatening to get that man to just give up like that, especially after all he had done to get this far.

“Nothing important,” Jason grunted, pulling back.  He grasped my small hand in his giant one and began to lead me away.

Vincent whimpered again.

“Wait!” I called and planted my feet in place, although it was futile as Jason just gave my arm a little jerk and I stumbled behind him.

I continued to be pulled by Jason, Vincent getting smaller and smaller in my vision until he and the fire he had built for me were gone.

“Where are we going?” I asked, struggling to keep up with Jason.

“Home,” Jason grunted, sounding irritated.  What’s up with him?

“But what about Vincent?” I asked.  “What happens to him?”

I felt Jason’s grip on my hand tighten and he unleashed a fierce growl, turning so that he glared down at my face.  His eyes held pure fury and anger, both directed at me.

“You will never see him again!” he roared, some of his spittle getting on my face.  His voice was so powerful and loud that I cringed at the pain it had created in my ears.

“Can’t you at least make him Beta again?” I whined.

The look on Jason’s face told me that there was no way.  He scrunched up his face in disgust and scowled.  “Don’t be stupid,” he growled.

What?!

What the hell is going on? Usually Jason is all sweet and loving and totally wanting to kiss my ass.  And now he’s acting like an ass.

“What’s wrong with you?” I asked, trying to yank my hand out of Jason’s death grip.

This only caused Jason to get even more pissed at me.  He snarled at me, even pulling my hand up and…nipped me!  He nipped me like a dog!

“What the hell?!” I shouted.

“I could be asking you the same thing!” Jason yelled back.

“What are you talking about?” I asked, throwing my free arm up in the air in exasperation.  Seriously, what is this dog’s damage?

“I just caught my mate kissing another wolf!” he roared, his grip tightening even more, making me whimper.  He just stared me down, ignoring the pain he caused in my arm.

“Let go!” I screeched.

This just seemed to make Jason even madder.  He grabbed me by my hair, pulled me towards him so that our noses were touching.  It was terrifying.

“I probably should have told you, Mate,” he smirked, “Alphas have a different set of rules when it comes to their mates.  Therefore, I can say or do whatever I want, simply because I can.”

I shook in fear under the stare of this demented werewolf.

“I own you Nora.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 3.8K 36
She was always her twins shadow. The dark silhouette that hid in the background while her sister took all the attention on the front lines. She becam...
1.5M 40.8K 47
Elena has known the evil in the world. She's been hunted by a family friend since she was a young girl. But after her mother was murdered by him, she...
3.4K 731 26
He is cocky! She is humble! He is a werewolf! She is human! Both have suffered a lot! Both want to be loved! A werewolf story! No violence neith...
211K 7.6K 21
They say your mate is someone who is always supposed to be there for you. But, they never talk about what happens when your mate isn't there for you...