Someone's Forever

By NeelamMenghani

*Long Listed for Wattys 2018* E-Awards 2017 Winner *Best Hooked Story * *COMPLETED* Life, love, hate and b... More

Someone's Forever
Prologue
1. Goodbye Normal, Hello Miracle
2. Let The Mystery Begins
3. Past, Present and Future
4. A Vow to Protect
5. Questions, Confusions and Amusements
6. Test of Patience
7. Deal that sealed Our Destiny
8. Consequences of Negligence
9. A Night of Dilemma
10. Faith and Myth
11. Enlightening Darkness
12. Breeze of Change
13. His Pain, His Relief
14. Old Pain, New Wounds
15. Shock One After the Other
16. Morning Mayhem
17. Stepping in the Arena
18. Calling out the Soul
19. Chaotic Afternoon
20. Just a Glimpse
21. An Evening Maze
22. A Little Further
23. A Spark in the Dark
24. And He Found Her
25. Conflicting Deception
26. Do Not Speak
27. Ancient Legends
28. Arrival of the Grey Sky
29. Closer to Appraisal
30. Meeting Mr. Mycroft
31. To Save the King
32. Check'Mate'
33. Defiance in Acceptance
34. Losing Her Chance
35. A Call from 'Treasure of Heart'
36. A Walk Unexpected
37. A Meet to Remember
38. Curve of Guidance
39. Conceptual Claws
40. Instinctive Step
41. Healing Wound
42. Webbing Deep
43. Reiterating History
44. Turned Table
45. Expectations Unexpected
46. You are Not Alone
47. Assurance from Guardian
48. Reaching the Surface
49. 'V' for A V
50. Lost and Found
51. 'Queen of Hearts'
52. Marvelous Majestic Meet
53. Old Rust but Gold
54. The Will of Time
55. Two Purposes, One Arrow
56. Apart from You
57. Mystery and Miracle
58. A Celebration so Special
59. Hide and Steal
60. You and Us
61. The Night Falls
62. Trust is Essential
63. Tussle to Throne
64. A Word with Divergent
The Slave
65. Your Answer awaits You
66. Privilege of Acceptance
67. Two Names in One Breath
68. Fire: A Lethal Game
69. Peace and Storm
70. Sweat in Smirk
72. Shield Defends, Sword Attacks
73. Heard Unsaid
74. Rational Rage
75. BitterSweet Sky
76. Defeated Victory
77. Knows More than Told
78. Desperate Diversion
79. Fragile Trust
80. Gust of Rush
81. Howling Heart, Quiet Eyes
82. Damsel in Despair
83.1 Dark of Light: Alicia
83.2 The Rising Dawn: Alicia
83.3 Balance of Nature: Alicia
84.1 The Preface of Pain
84.2 This Finally Concludes
85.1 Sparks & Pains
85.2 Is Pain an end?
86.1 Always Behind of You
86.2 Behind the Maze
87.1 Sealed Secret
87.2 A Fate Sealed
88. The Rise of New Dawn
89. Closer and Far Away
Whispers of Forever
Someone's Forever
Sacrifices of Sapphire

71. The Mate Bond

3.3K 186 53
By NeelamMenghani

Happy Forever Tuesday!

***

"There's not much you need to know about the world. Except how to use a sword and trust very few."

— Melina Marchetta, Froi of the Exiles

***

NIERA'S POV

Some wear courage as cloak;

Some propound cowardice as necessity;

Both are defined as choices,

The one where you choose to define yourself!

*~*

"Tiara's father."

"Sahira's mate." The words of reference were roaming in my mind as I stood reeling with the information in hand.

He nodded with a hint of sadness, "Sahira's mate—her husband." He confirmed.

"But he was—s, Jerry told me is the security in chief of Princess." I asked placing my knowledge.

"As you place it, it's the same. Security head is the head of force we have, the stronger and the best will be given the responsibility to protect what's most precious to us. And our Princess is the most precious to the kingdom and—"

"Gideon." I completed on my own.

His gaze found my face the moment I took Gideon's name with a curved mouth.

"He is the commander of your force and protecting the Princess." I continued, disdaining that look.

"Yes, that's right."

"So Sahira, as I was told was her security chief or as you place it. So she was the Delta?"

Gloom loomed over his features, his smile vanished shadows of grim took their place as he looked at our feet before facing me, in my eyes, he nodded.

"She was the Royal Delta. The best and what we call the most deserving. She earned it with her skills and strength."

Pride shimmered in his eyes as he spoke, the affection he hold for the lady resting peace was lucidly there in his tone.

It never seized to amaze me how these people are connected to each other in the most connecting manner, where in life the people connected with blood are forgetting how relation and life works on love and trust. They hold respect and trust for each other like a family. Their bonds are far more strong and deep than any relation created by nature.

Not only for the one they have with them in front of their eye but even when the higher people are not present, I have never seen them speaking a disrespectful word, neither of subjects but also the authorities who never treat any official or subject like dirt. They offer the respect and place which people respect and earn by their honest work and qualities.

Even now when Sahira isn't with them she is been respected and mentioned by people with pride shone in their eyes.

This land is different and now I see how it's away and different from the plastic world we live in where it takes only one turn of your back to show people how low they can steep behind your back. They won't think twice to degrade you and take your advantage when you put them in your eye of trust.

Trust is lethal there whereas trust is a weapon here.

I smiled, the same pride shone into my eyes mirroring his.

"Remember what we told you about the titles while discussing about the ancient legends." His eyes sparked with an undefined glow.

"The titles are not just names but they are earned."

"Yes the deserving earn them, they belong to whom, who defeat others and stand there facing the tussles, not the one chosen by destiny." He enunciated.

"She beat the best." Amusement glow in his eyes.

"Who, Mr. Majesty?" my eyes widen as I asked incredulously, my own words left sour taste in my mouth.

He chuckled at my guess before shaking his head negative, he provided in correction, "Fergal."

"At that time, they were just engaged. But if you think, he let her then no. He was far tougher on her, but then she was Sahira. There in the battle field no one is given any preference. Whether a lady or a man, it's the situation of life and death, it's after all for the title of a royal subject."

It was so much to take in, but I was left spell bound and absolutely in wonder.

Like a royal tale for kids to be weaved for their imagination, Dr. Baron weaved me a tale to imagine the best through his information. The only difference was this land was real, the tale was real and the people who were to be called legends were with me.

They were real and I was there to share the air with them.

"Wow!"

He displayed his flawless stretched smile while I followed him.

"So, the other titles also have to follow the test to get—earn the titles?" I asked as my mind brimmed with curious queries.

"Yes, but all the titles are not tested on the same line. As per the title, the tussles are organized according to royal legends." He explained further, a smile of charm was flaunting on his mature vibrant features.

"Make a note, you'll tell me about legends." I somewhat demanded.

"Soon." He answered in a monosyllable and laughed at my pout.

"So, Mr. Valenti—Gideon also went to some—test." I spoke correcting his name with an unintentional habit.

He sighed heavily before his gaze went to the space.

"Being a Royal, he mustn't have, but Majesty went to worst and more than he should to earn what was rightfully his." My heart sank to a deeper pit hearing him.

"His life has honored him with struggles, sufferings, and pain along with his royal blood. However he won and rose up as a warrior he is, emerging as the King for his people. However, he has to struggle for all his rights which belonged to him, wit and struggle." He said the last part looking at me, his eyes bore into mine like trying to convey something but it was my naivety I was unable to comprehend his hidden words and their meaning in it.

"The one who faces struggles proves to be a warrior and conqueror and Gideon is a King himself. If life has given him pain, he surely will receive peace and all his smiles. Life may be unfair to some but your deeds pay off. He'll get it all what he deserves, what rightfully belongs to him." I said, from my heart. My wish and prayers if can speak to almighty, I wish for his life. His peace and his happiness.

"Now I'm sure, he'll get it all. His happiness and his peace." He looked a little radiant with my words, positive and sincere.

"Sure he'll get." I attested as we smiled and continued to walk.

"So, Mr. Fergal, he is here?" I asked taking the conversation back to track from where it started.

"Yes Bambi."

"Why he is on edge?"

"Hearing last night's incident what happened to Tiara and You." I cringed at the mention but composed myself to listen more.

"Oh!" I could only say.

His reason of being edge was clear to me but what was troubling me to feel was his presence near us, his anger.

But what about his worry?

Isn't he at least bit worried or bothered about Tiara, has he known to her state?

The trauma she is facing, and the need of a child to be felt protected when she feels the most vulnerable and open to fear.

He is on edge why? When in real terms it doesn't matters.

"You have been lost Bambi. What's troubling you?" Dr. Baron's words penetrated into my thoughts, I snapped my gaze at him baffled.

"What you have been wondering?" he enunciated simply.

"He is on edge. Why?"

I cast my words simple and lucid but the impression went to Dr. Baron wasn't. His brows squinted on my words, his gaze held me hostage in his questions seeking explanations.

"He is on edge because a child was threatened who happened to be his daughter or she is connected to Sahira."

"Bambi, what are you saying? Of course he is—"

"Then why he isn't here, not even once he came to Tiara. The whole night, this whole morning, we are trying to bring her out of that trauma but she is immune to our efforts. She has gone through this much. But not even once he came for her, and he was this close to her. How shall I take it, Doctor?" I put my sincere feelings of the moment to him.

"Sometimes the distance is necessary to save what's most precious you hold." He stated looking at the space. His words made no sense to me and my face mirrored my heart.

"I don't understand Doctor."

"You'll when you'll know more about them." He murmured softly like contemplating whether to take this ahead or not.

"Sometimes, you have to make choices, Bambi. Hard but necessary."

"How being with your daughter who needs you the most can be a choice?" I asked incredulously. His words framed just like a maze I was unable to come out of.

"If he wasn't known to this, I could understand. But he is aware and still he—Dr. Baron, I don't understand." I asked defeated.

"The answer to all your questions and accusations is Sahira."

"Sahira? How come she, she is—" I left the statement incomplete not being able to complete it.

He just nodded at my words before speaking, "Yes, its Sahira's absence, that made him like this."

I waited for his explanation to be blended in the serene air in anticipation.

"Mates, a complicated phenomenon." He murmured; looking at the ring he wore in his ring finger. A whisper of smile graced his lips, as he adored the platinum band around his finger.

His wedding ring!

"To understand this, you must understand the concept of mates. It's—"

"I know about mates. Soul mates to be precise." I murmured staring at his ring.

"I was explained."

I was lost in my world, the word Mates, had me wrapped around it. The more I hear this word, the more I find myself thinking about it. I felt Dr. Baron's gaze upon me, through my peripheral view.

Soul mates!

"So you don't need to know more Bambi. Soul mates are one soul in two body, they seek each other, live for each other and die together. They are destined to be together."

The concept, the way he explained made me smile.

How it was so fascinating to hear. How I wish for it to be one for mine!

"Sahira and Fergal are mates, Niera. You must still be on surface of the true meaning of this word but the bond they share is eternal. This means much more to us than I can put in words." He heaved a sigh but the smile and his gaze stealing glances of his ring was more enthusiastic to witness.

His words were accurate. I was still dangling between the meanings of the words and the importance they hold in their lives.

"But one day, you'll." I heard his almost inaudible murmur.

Not wanting to ponder more about this word, and making it more difficult for me to remove it from ruling my thoughts, I opted for averting the conversation back to Fergal and Sahira.

"So what about Fergal? Where is he now?" I asked, he shifted his gaze back to me as he spoke.

"The loss of his mate made him almost numb, like a stone he became immune from any feeling, she took away his heart with her and part of him which used to live, love and believe." He spoke; pain was evident in his eyes.

"And what about Tiara, doesn't he feel anything for her, what about his duties as a father?" I cried, my heart felt heavy and agonized hearing it.

Didn't he think once about his daughter, his child who also lost her mother in such tender age? Never had he thought that she might need him to cope with an unforgettable and unbearable loss.

"A stone can't love Niera. I can't make you understand what the bond between Mates means for us. He was worse, thinking about Tiara, we have been there to witness his agony. But unfortunately, none of us can pacify the pain nor could be of any help. However, he was certain; Jerry will take care of Tiara. He gave himself completely to his duties which Sahira left upon him."

"We all believe he'll be back, once he fulfills what he promised to her lifeless body." He said grimly, lost, apparently, in the fragments of past where this all happened.

I placed my hand on his shoulder to offer support.

Dr. Baron gave me a smile which wasn't at all looking genuine.

We walked further to the path; the cold breeze was no different here in open, just the more civilized route I see with people wandering around with some purpose, the staff along with others casting a smile of nod at Dr. Baron's way which he was reciprocating.

"So Princess, where does she lives?" I asked out of nowhere but deep inside it was something I'm desperate to know.

Dr. Baron heaved a sigh as he kept walking, unaffected by my query, or apparently he was, just concocting a way to answer me.

"In the Kingdom." He finally revealed, casual as talking about weather and not about the princess whereas I froze on my feet hearing him.

"She—she is here?" I stuttered, asking unable to digest the fact.

She is this close to us!

He turned to face me; a whisper of smile was lingering on his lips as he saw my distraught state with his revelation.

"Yes, she is here." He nodded as if assuring me with his nod that whatever I heard was absolute clear.

"Where?" Came my prompt question to counter.

"Where Majesty is keeping her, safe." He answered, the last word 'Safe', came out so like a whisper, almost inaudible.

There was something unsettling in his tone which made me frown but I masked it with a smile as his eyes cast toward me. He offered me his charming smile before we both walked toward the direction where he wanted us to be.

"So, the Princess is here, that means Mr. Fergal must be here as well, right? Since he is the security head."

He nodded, squinting his eyes in sunlight casting over our faces.

"Yes, after Sahira, Fergal took the duty of our Princess's security."

"Even staying in the same city, he didn't even come to wish her on her birthday." I halted my strides, deep lines of query crawled upon my face.

"Are you sure, he didn't meet her?" he countered with a huge grin, brows raised as in query which I wasn't sure how to answer.

"He came? But I was with her all day, she was—"

"All the time, Bambi?" There came a wide ball from his side.

Shuffling through the memories I rummaged through the day of her birthday, the whole day we were juggling between making things on time, all the preparation were on me and Miss. Mahriya—h was there to assist me in afternoon, Jerry was more on hiatus with more on telephonic calls to assist.

I was there with her, she was bouncing all day near me, in fact when she went to distribute the candies to her friends, I was there, watching over her until—

My rumbling stuck at this until, blood cells rushed to brain to provide activeness which was halted when I recalled the day in detail.

I left her alone, as per her wish to be done the task alone. Her prompt denying for me to accompany her and taking Shizuka girl along with caretaker with her but not me.

And then I took a walk talking on call, and when I came back, she was there sitting.

The point which I until now didn't take into consideration was, she was looking lost in her own world, when I was back, in fact the whole ride she was.

Reaching home, I busied myself in preparing cake along with Mahriy—h and she was there, coming back to her normal self.

But there I left her alone for some time and there were noticeable change in her for some time.

My eyes widened in understanding before meeting Dr. Baron's eyes which were dangling in mirth at my expense.

He knew along with others!

"You knew?"

"Yes. We all were known to the fact." Tugging in his arm inside his vest pocket, Dr. Baron gave me comfortable smile which was puzzling to me at the moment.

"He may be struggling with his wife's loss Bambi, but he still is a father of her child. They aren't together but he has always kept his eyes over her. He watches her from afar. It was his promise to Sahira, along with providing justice to her." His gaze turned stormy, tone hard at the last part.

"Justice?"

He merely nodded not elaborating further.

I accepted his wish not to be briefed further.

"Let's get going." I offered with a smile. He gave a soft nod before walking along with me.

The topic I didn't raise but it didn't save him from making small conversations which I had no problem to answer.

*^*

We reached the garden area; my curious gaze was wandering around, taking in the details of the whole premises. Different buildings were there holding different purposes. The company of huge trees towering over us was serving as a soothing factor.

Our conversation continued, so was my roaming gaze until it fell upon Tiara who was sitting on the grass, head bowed down, drowning in her own sadness. My heart shattered into millions of pieces as I witnessed my little bundle of joy withered in her tears. I bit my lip, not being able to see her like this.

"Bambi, I'll be back. Can you stay with Tiara for a moment, I just—" I heard Dr. Baron and nodded absently, the absence of his words around me, gave an impression of his departure.

I heaved a sigh before plastering a smile I went to her.

Sitting, crossing my legs in Indian style, I sat in front of her, not bothered by the mud ruining my clothes.

Playing with my fingers I reached her slowly, being completely aware of the fact, she had a sharp watch on my moves.

"You know, whenever my brother gets angry and mad at me, he becomes a mad old man." I initiated with a grumbled tone.

Her eyes peered to my face, gaining interest.

"And he tries to ignore me, like completely. As if I don't exist. And keeps that old sulking grumpy look plastered on his face." I continued, my fingers walking to the ground to her lap.

Her chubby cheeks were squeezed between her fisted clutches pressing to the sides of her face; her eyes were looking with gloom.

My made up pout went more dramatic while inside my heart was wrenched.

I went quiet as her interested eyes were staring at me to know more.

Receiving no response from me, she blinked before freeing her one flushed cheek, her head raised as she asked, "Then?"

"I hate it, a lot. I despise it." I went on.

"Because I can't let anyone ignore me." I growled in the most comical way which could put the wolfies of animation industry to shame.

With curious doe eyes, she let her hands rest on her lap, "Then how does he get back?"

Concealing my smile at her beautiful chubby face, I blinked once.

"Well, I just sit beside him now, like this," I gestured between us, "And I do what melts his anger and makes him crazy with breathless laughter." I shrugged with an innocent face.

"And that is?" her curious query resonated in the moderate warm morning.

"This!" My hands reached her sides before she was wriggling from my hold laughing hysterically. I was tickling her to make her laugh.

I knew it was not simply possible for a child to forget something she faced alone last night. If I was unable to forget it, then Tiara as a child who was threatened taking the name of her mother. 

The turmoil she was facing, I couldn't even comprehend what a child was facing inside. Since morning, it was a tough task to bring normalcy at home, she refused to leave our side, especially mine, refused to eat, taking Sahira's name, Jerry fed her.

Not just her, Jerry too was in no good condition, I had to put efforts to drag him to breakfast table and make him eat, and he is on edge lately. More guarded and pointed, he is alert but what was forcing him to like this, I couldn't comprehend.

"Stop! St—op! Aunt Bambi!" Tara's breathless squeals drawled me back to present as I found her struggling between her fits of laughter. The laughter on her face brought me a comfort, the restless in me which was biting me, eased off, looking at her jovial face.

I knew I can't erase last night from her memory but I could bring her out of its aftershock, and I was ready to take any step for that.

"Oh! Really? Okay then, but will you ignore again?" I asked continuing the torture on my little bundle.

"No—N—No, I won't. Promise!" she breathed. With a satisfied smirk, I freed her from my tickling torture before taking her in my arms. She clutched me hiding her face in my neck; I let her, encircling her close to me.

"I'm getting bored here." I heard her murmur against my neck.

Right, weren't you when you were on grumpy bubble mode? I somewhat wanted to scoff.

Shaking my head, I asked her, "And what are you planning to bring tornado to this place." She giggled at my statement but went on.

Squealing she shot her head up, meeting my gaze, innocent mischief was dangling in her big eyes. Her words brought my jaws to taste the mud from grass.

"Let's play hide and seek." She shrieked almost deafening me, and offering a mini heart attack to me.

I was actually searching a way to deny her wish but neither my troubled gaze nor my fantastic mind could find something.

"Excuse me!" I turned over my shoulder, when a hand tapped on my shoulder.

There a woman in her late years of life, a smile was showcasing on her lips but her eyes were stern and dominating as balancing her powerful presence. I wasn't fooled by her smile because her flint and strict demeanor spoke before her words.

"Yes." I answered softly.

"You must be Niera." She said with surety shining in her tone.

I was taken aback by her knowledge of my name but went with the conversation, "Yes."

"Dr. Baron has send message, you can either wait for him in his cabin or roam as per your wish. He is required somewhere else at the moment and sent me with his message."

"Oh! No, that's fine, we'll be here." I opted for the second option, I was unsure how long will it take for him to come back, waiting was an exhausting task which I was not very enthralled to perform.

"Sure, may I assist you somewhere?" she again asked politely, but her stance was going strict by each passing moment.

"No—Um! Thank you, we're here in this route only."

She nodded at my words, before eyeing Tiara's glued body in an asserting manner.

I kept a comfortable smile plastered on my face which was artificial, and the drawback was, my jaws hurt at the consistency.

She then surprised me, as she leaned forward toward us, before taking a small but audible long sniff of air, like taking the scent of orchid field before her eyes widened in alarm.

Am I stinking?

I took a bath, like daily. Do I stink? My mind blasted with horror to the situation. Raw and wild layers of embarrassment slapped me virtually as I dreaded the possibilities.

They'll see me as an untidy stinky pig! My subconscious went to heights.

"I must accompany you."

"No—"

"I insist." Her stern order like insisting made me gulp down my arguments and nod instinctively.

Tiara peeped from my neck to look at the intruder, "Hi."

"Hello Child" she answered her with a small smile which looked genuine.

Taking one hand of Tiara into mine we started to walk round.

"By the way, I'm Samantha, the head nurse here." She introduced herself.

"I'm Niera." I offered my hand which she took with a sudden hesitation and unease smile.

Or I was just dreaming!

Mrs. Samantha was way intimidating; her posture was very strict and gave the vibes of someone who walks on their preset rules.

My eyes were more concentrated on the bouncing figure of Tiara who was taking in the scenario with sheer curiosity. I was relieved to see her out of her trauma; it gave me some peace to see her not in depressed tears.

"Ma'am!" someone almost screeched from behind, I spare a glance to the source, lady, dressed in the attire of nurse was coming—running toward us, her gaze was transfixed on the back of Mrs. Samantha who was throttling onwards, more like marching on the battle field.

I frowned as I saw the running figure of the lady, panic was written all over her features, as she continued to run while desperation to take breath was holding urgency in her.

"Mrs. Samantha, I guess, someone is calling you." I voiced out, tapping on her shoulder lightly.

"Ah, oh!" she exclaimed before her strides semi-halted and she turned, only to collide with the panicked lady whose eyes went saucers unable to break the collision. She almost hugged Mrs. Samantha without her wish or consent while the old lady break their fall on her own, balancing both their weights alone, I stood ready to flinch but left gawking at the scenario.

Such power at such mature age!

"Argh! Mice, you must arrange an appointment for eye check up. How very panicked, you almost gave me a sprain." Samantha howled at the lady who was getting drenched in embarrassment and fear.

Her eyes were blinking under the taut lecture from the old lady.

Tiara muffled her giggle but my stern eye on her quiet her, as she hid her face away from the drama enfolded.

"Ma'am!" the lady tried to speak but was hushed again by Mrs. Samantha.

"Don't Ma'am me, you mice! Which wolf clawed you, or vampire bit you to make you such in panicked worry." She delivered her angry speech which was quiet dramatic to witness, I had to muffle my gawking stance stupefied.

Perhaps you must let her speak! I wanted to advise but kept words locked in my throat.

"Ma'am!" The lady with severe difficulty croaked out.

"Speak! For Goddess's sake!"

"There is an emergency in vamp—" the words melted in her mouth when a stern glare of Mrs. Samantha reached the lady as she gulped before continuing.

"I'll be there." She dismissed the lady who trotted her way back, sweat drenched.

Mrs. Samantha turned to us, her eyes red, giving a glance of her current feral stance ready to bust on some patient.

"I—"

"Its fine Mrs. Samantha, we'll be fine."

She nodded but before leaving she held my gaze in a soft manner.

"Try not to wander round the other wing." She spoke softly before she went, in some direction to the emergency.

Tiara and I held each other's gaze in pure bafflement before shrugging we went onwards.

"So?" I spoke particularly to no one while following the vanished lady through my gaze.

"Hide and seek." The reply came from Tiara who was faster than my comprehending power because before I could seek meaning behind her words along with intentions, the little devil removed her hand from mine and started running toward different directions.

I stood gaping before following her bouncing figure wide eyes.

"Tiara?"

My calls were answered in the joyful spree of giggles from her as she continued to run through the pathway.

Forget about chaining husband, start losing extra fat on your bulgy body. Panting in first minute! How I wished to snarl at my conscious which was so not helping at the moment.

Tiara was taking random turns while I was calling from behind, it perhaps the natural instincts of her excitement, the child was faster in her pace while I, being a healthy adult wasn't able to match her speed.

The people around had me under their judgmental gaze, where they were enjoying their right to attest me as maniac while I was running, wincing in my pain.

Why I had to be more into tales when the doctor was with me? I chided myself as I continued to run before my feet gave up and I had to halt only to stagger and take the support of the pillar nearby.

Sweat was covering my face and neck, my sweaty arms shining in the sunlight as I panted waiting for my lungs to take needed amount of air before resuming the mad run.

The rush of people was almost zero at this part as I roam my gaze to an unfamiliar zone. Luckily my phone was with me, so I was at ease after being lost into an unknown region.

When I felt normal, I ran again but the time was lost, Tiara was no longer in sight and my mind was engulfed in petrifaction.

Looking round with a thumping heart, I was on the edge of breaking down. Tiara was making no efforts to be found and my heartbeats were going to a drastic mode of attack.

Reaching to a point, the farthest corner of the premises. The group of buildings was left behind me. Now only one building was there.

Old sculpture, ancient art!

I squinted in sunlight to take a look at the eccentric sculpture.

'Painted in light brick orange, giving it a subtle look, the structure was round, with one main entrance, no guards or security was there to look.

I sweep my gaze round but found no one wandering round, it was all deserted.

With curiosity kicking me, I went there in search of my Little Devil.

The stairs I crossed in a blink to reach the main entrance, my mind clouded with worry for the little girl.

Without another thought that could push me out, I went inside.

My mouth hung low, touching the ground as the scenario of the enormous building made meaning to my mind through the gawking eyes.

An Arena!

An Indoor Arena!

The arenas in the epic movies like Gladiator or Hercules would be insufficient to put the description of this place. My anxious steps halted in pure amazement as I step inside the threshold.

An enormous gigantic arena hall, completely vacant by any audience. The sunlight shone illuminating the entire place coming through the panels set above the walls near the roof. 

The roof as my eyes were forced to witness was high holding nothing but a chandelier like art piece made up of glass or metal reflecting like a diamond when rays penetrating its pattern.

The stairs were many, and those stairs were the sitting arrangement, for the entire town to be witness of the battles to be took place.

It was almost in the depth of earth, the underground. The arena ground was set up. One step after the other, the person has to cross a lot to reach the field.

I wonder how it'll look like when it must be brimming with people watching, hooting and cheering for the players on the ground.

Enigmatic!

The serene tranquil atmosphere was there as I roamed my gaze around before I jerked startled, was forced to concentrate on the crashing metals, piercing the tranquillity of scenario.

Forcing my eyes off the vacant deserted stairs, I averted them deeper to the arena.

In the wide ground, like two cloaks were dancing, I felt two warriors were crashing their swords, fighting.

My eyes squinted further, stupefied, at each move they made to strike on other's sword. The sharpness of sword could be weighed at the shine of metal when collide with the natural light it shone on the edge.

I shuddered at the moves, one mistake and it can be lethal to the opponent.

Steps, one after the other, I found my way down, near to them, as they were too engrossed to lay an eye over to an intruder who was stunned at their talent.

It was an amazing sight, which left me awestruck at the sight of them, like the warrior I have only heard of in epic novels.

The only difference here is, they are real, in front of my eyes, offering the best fencing—sword fighting I have ever witnessed on screen.

I walked further, steps after steps, stupefied astonished until a white sheet on muddy flooring distracted me. For a second I disdain it but then when it was moving closer toward the two masked warriors, I realized with wide eyes, it wasn't something insignificant to turn blind eye to but it was something I was here for.

Tiara!

My heart come to my throat with a silent shriek as I witnessed how my little devil was too occupied with herself as she was wandering there toward the dangerous fighting taking place on the middle of the arena.

Sweating profusely I leaped two steps at one time, my eyes not leaving Tiger who was bouncing like a banshee on the ground, the two warriors continued to hit each other with severe force, like fighting their last battle in battleground.

The metal colliding with the other drew the shrilling noise as I was heading closer, resonating pushing the quietness away through the aggressive moves. My heart freezing with terror as I moved almost leaping forward to save my dearest.

I was afraid to even squeal a shriek whereas my mind was combusting with screams. Tiara was going closer to them, in her own trance; the laughter I got to her was all vanished as she stood rooted to her spot, open mouth. 

One warrior was stronger than the other, he was striking continuously to the other's sword, as holding tight, he was taking steps backward one after the other with each strike on the sword.

My breath struck when the direction he was moving backward was no other but where Tiara was.

Oh god!

I knew it was impossible even the warrior step away from his way accepting defeat which would never be the case, it'll leave Tiara to stake.

She'll anyhow be standing as the target.

When nothing reached to reason I ran toward them, there was shield on there I stood frozen.

I ran toward her freeing all my fears and terror at bay, I ran, I was ignorant about the consequences.

My eardrums shrilled when I felt my whisper deafening the quietness of the arena.

"Tiara!"

The one warrior ducked the attack and he stepped ahead.

The warrior was fast but didn't expect this move as his strike straight was for Tiara who stood there.

Silence of graveyard ruled before the collision combusted breaking the resolves of serenity.

"AH!"

***

August 7, 2018

The hanging silence, cliffhanger.

Well, any ideas?

Will there be a collision or the moment of some unexpected.

Share your expectations.

The detailing of Mate Bond. 

Sahira, Alicia, the two ends connected, keeping the whole puzzle at one place.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Would love to hear your views.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share. It'll be highly appreciated.

Thank You,

Neelam

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 513 34
In a pack where rejection and blame reign supreme, Catherine stands tall against the relentless tide. When her parents fall victim to a rogue attack...
187K 9.2K 39
Sugar McKenzie and August Wakefield couldn't be more different - Sugar, a meticulous, caring, but lonely paramedic and August, a charming former real...
500K 6.3K 16
To read the full book please see the info below: What a wild ride this has been with almost half a million reads! However, It is now time for me to e...
17.7K 1.2K 49
{WATTYS 2023 WINNER} • Book 1 of the Daegelus series • While hunting for his missing friend, Elijah stumbles upon a fiery journalist, who so happens...