Interception (Book 6)

By Dijah_Love

Four years into the future, about to graduate college, Aliyah and Marcus have both created new lives for them... More

Interception
~INTRO
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Authors Note
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 (Part 1)
Chapter 34 (Part 2)
Authors Note
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 (Part 1)
Chapter 50 (Part 2)
Chapter 51
Authors Note:Quick Vent
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58 (PART 1)
Chapter 58 (PART 2)
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69 | The Prelude
Chapter 70 (PART 1)
Chapter 70 (PART 2)
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85

Chapter 28

23.3K 751 859
By Dijah_Love

A.J. P.O.V.

"I heard you got a interview with a head honcho at UCLA, congrats man."

I took my seat at the break table across Jordan, dapping him up. "Aye thanks man, I'm suppose to be hearing back from guy I had the interview with in a few weeks, im hoping it sooner rather than later you feel me?"

"Yeah, we all tryna get up out here, this was a good college job, but now that we graduated, it's time to move on too bigger and better, im talking bout elevatin' yo life typa shit."

I chuckled, noding my head. "Yeah I feel you, and that's exactly what Im on, and I plan on starting my upgrade at home."

"What you talkin bout?"

I smirked, reaching down into my pocket, pulling out a black box.

"Is that what I think it is man?" I nodded my head, pulling th box open. "Take a look at that."

"Damnnnnnnn man, you bouta propose to yo girl?" I smirked. "Yeah, it's been over due, and now that I got this new job possibly lined up, it's the perfect time."

"Congrats man, I know that I ain't ready for all that, but then again, if I had a girl as fine as yours, with a body like that, shiiiiit, I'll be propsing too."

I sucked my teeth. "Yeah ight, calm down, but foreal though, my daughter's birthday is coming up, so I plan on poppin the question then, when all of our family and friends are around."

"That's wassup kid,"

"I know I joke around alot,  but congrats to you and your fam."

"Aye thanks man, I appreciate it."

"Yeah, and if it doesn't work out, Im calling first dips on Marissa if she's ever back on the market."

I sucked my teeth again, shoving the box back in my pocket. "Ight, don't get knocked out in this bitch."

He laughed, "I kid, I kid."

"August."

I turned my attention to the doorway, to see Whitney standing there.

"Oh shit, wassup Ms.White." Jordan said with half a smile. "Mr.Phillips." She gave him a slight head nod, before placing her focus back on me.

"I know I haven't gotten all my paperwork  back to you yet, but I planned on-"

"Turning it all in by the end of the day? Perfect." She said finishing his sentence for him.

".....Right." He mumbled. "I'll fuck withchu later kid." He stood up from the table, giving me dap before walking out, leaving Whitney and I alone.

I sat back in my seat, waiting for her to speak.

"....What's for lunch?" She asked with half a smile. She stepped forward from the doorway, making her way over to Jordan's chair that was directly across from me.

"...I had chicken alfredo." She nodded her head as she sat back in her seat, crossing her legs.

"Sounds good."

I nodded. "It was....my girlfriend made it for me."

"Good to know." She leaned back some more, placing her arm up on the top of the chair.

"So....have you heard from Mr.Vontello yet?" I sighed, shaking my head. "Nah."

"Hmm...well I know he really liked you....maybe I can give him a call later on and see-"

"Nah, you don't got to do that, I can handle it from here," I said, cutting her off.

"Oh.....okay....well if you don't hear from him soon, let me know, and i'll put a little fire under his butt for you." She slightly smiled, causing me to sigh again.

I took a quick look around, making sure no one was close enough to hear us, before I started speaking.

"Look Whitney....I appreciate you helping me out, and getting me to this point and everything, but I think it's best if I just handle everything on my own from here on out."

Her soft smile started to slowly fade in a small frown.

"Don't get me wrong here, im beyond grateful for your help, and you putting in a good word for me with Mr.Vontello.....but...." I started to lower my voice just in case someone was around.

"..After what happened with us in LA, and after  that talk we had a month ago, I thought we both agreed to keep everything on a professional level?"

She frowned a little. "And how am I not being professional? Im asking you about a potential job offer, that's all."

I sighed again. "You know that isn't all. We made an agreement to keep our distance, and only speak when it's something truly work related."

"I know that, I was just simply asking a question, that's all."

I shook my head, standing up from the table. "That's not what we discussed, and Im not tryna be rude either, but there has to be boundaries. You address every man here by their last name, and you address me and only me by my first, that needs to change."

She was silent.

"From here on out, Im Mr.Alsina and your Ms.White to me, Im nothing more than another employee here like everyone else.....does that work for you?"

She paused for a second, before nodding her head. "....Yeah."

I took a small sigh of relief, before giving her a slight head nod. "Good.....have a good lunch."

I grabbed my phone off the table before making my way out of the break room.

Aliyah P.O.V.

It  had been officially one week since Brittany's party, meaning it had been one week since Marcus' and I slept together. For the past week I felt like my mind was stuck in replay mode, and everytime I closed my eyes I could see in my head everything that went down that night.

I glanced over at my phone, waiting on Ronnie to  call, since that's what he did every morning if he was away. He was coming home in two days and I was in no shape or form ready for that. Everytime I looked down at my engagement ring, I would get teary eyed, or look at the couch that Marcus and I had sex on, I could feel my stomach turning.

I sat back on the opposite couch, tucking my legs under my butt, as I forced myself to finish my cereal. I hadn't had a appetitie since the morning after, but I knew I had to feed myself.  I didn't want everyone around me to start getting to suspicious since I didn't attend the game this past weekend, or the Lady Panther's meeting that I always make it too.

A part of me was happy that Ronnie was out of town, so it was easy to use that as an excuse as to why I didn't go to the game, and I basically told everyone I was busy with wedding planning, so I could skip out on the Lady Panther's meeting.

But the truth was, as much as I wasn't ready to see Ronnie, I definetely wasn't ready to see Marcus or his girlfriend, so skipping out on both events only made sense to me right now.

I didn't even know how to gauge the situation since Marcus and I haven't seen or spoken to one another since that night, and it would be to awkward to see each other right now. I knew we would have to though, with another game this weekend.

I re-focused on the tv, trying to keep my mind from getting lost in all my thoughts like it always did. I shoved another spoonful of fruit loops in my mouth, trying to swallow away the lump that was forming in the back of my throat.

"Relax." I mumbled to myself. "Just breathe."

I closed my eyes, trying to calm myself down before I bursted into tears. I could feel the lump in my throat slowly going away, but my eyes were starting to sting. "You're not going to cry, you're fine, you're perfectly fine."

I took a deep breath, trying to relax, when my phone vibrated beside me. I slightly jumped, opening my eyes, blinking away my tears as fast as I could once I seen Ronnie's name on my screen.

I took another deep breath before answering my phone.

ME: "Hello?"

RONNIE: "Good morning beautiful, you up yet?"

I sat my bowl of cereal beside me and cleared my throat, trying to sound as normal as possible.

ME: "Yeah.....I uh.....I been up for a little while now."

RONNIE: "Good, I set my timer so I could get up and call you a decent time, you know, before my day got crazy."

My eyes stung some more, as a small smile formed on my lips.

ME: "Oh..you didn't have to do that babe.....I know you're out there working, you need all the sleep you can get."

He chuckled.

RONNIE: "That is true, but it's cool, I can't sleep too much without you, and I know I needed to check in for the day, see what's up with you."

I wiped the warm tears that rolled down my cheeks, trying to smile through my words.

ME: "And I appreciate it.....how's everything going there? Are you done shooting the commercial?"

RONNIE: "We're rapping up today, I shoot the last few scenes this afternoon and then I got a talk show to do, you know, talk about last years stats and give a little insight about this years season."

ME: "Sounds busy."

I wiped my face again, sitting up straight.

RONNIE: "It is, and yesterday I was just as busy, but I wasn't too busy to do a little shopping."

I forced out a chuckle.

ME: "Since when do you like to shop?"

RONNIE: "Now you know shopping ain't my thing, but I swung by the outlet they got out here and picked up a few things, for you and mama."

I was silent.

RONNIE: "Mama's been talking non-stop about this Hermes perfurme one of her friends had on, so I picked it up for her, and some other things, and then I picked up my baby a few of her favorite things from Chantel."

A weak smile formed on my lips.

ME: "It's Chanel baby."

RONNIE: "Yeah well, you knew what I meant."

ME: "....Thank you.......your so sweet."

RONNIE: "Like candy baby."

I slightly chuckled at his corniness, wiping my nose.

RONNIE: "Im not gunna hold you though, I actually gotta get up and get showered for today, but i'll try to call you when im one my way to the talk show, if not, i'll defintely call you before you got to bed."

I nodded my head as if he could see me.

ME: "Yeah....yeah okay.....have a good day and good luck on everything...don't give to much away during your interview."

RONNIE: "I won't say too much about us or the wedding, but you know they're gunna ask."

ME: "I know."

RONNIE: "Alright, i'll call you later, have a productive day baby, I love you...don't eat up all my fruit loops either."

I weakly smiled again at how well he knew me.

ME: ".....Love you too."

I kept the phone to my ear, until he hung up first. I didn't think it was possible to feel worse than I did prior to that phone call, but I guess it was.

I dropped my phone beside me, sitting back on the couch. I took a deep breath, reaching over for the remote, when the doorbell went off, causing me to frown.

"Who the hell." I mumbled. I stood up from the couch, making sure my t-shirt was covering my whole body before walking over to the front door.

I stood on my tippy toes and looked out the peep hole to see mama standing there.

I automatically frowned, as I unlocked the door, pulling it open.

"Mama?" I asked confused. "What are you doing here in Atlanta? How'd yu get here??" I looked around her, slightly confused since I didn't see a car out in the driveway.

"Well hi too you too, and I told you I was coming down here with my interior desginer, so he can take a look at the boutique for the new one im opening up in Miami, did you forget?"

I sighed, motioning for her  to come in. "I did, Im sorry mama, come in."

She stepped inside, taking off her shades. "That's ok, I know you're busy running the shop and doing your wedding planning, and interviewing for jobs."

I was silent. "....Yeah."

"And speaking of the shop, why aren't you there yet? It's going on 10:30." I sighed, fixing the messy bun on top of my head.

"Im going in at 11, Marissa's there already, she usually opens for me, so it's fine." Mama nodded. "Okay good, I told my guy to meet us down there at 11, so that works perfectly.....where's Ronnie?"

I sighed a little.

"He's in LA working on this commerical for Nike....he'll be back in two days." Mama nodded. "See I told your daddy that he could come inside, that man always has to be extra."

I frowned again. "Daddy's here?"

"He was. He dropped me off here, he thought Ronnie was home so you know he wasn't coming inside."

I rolled my eyes, over daddy and his dramatics. "I don't know what his issue with Ronald is, but he swears up and down that he's no good, I just think no one will ever be good for you at this point."

"Yeah, I kinda caught that mama."

"Mhm, well since your catching things, you need to go upstairs and catch a shower so we can meet Angel at the shop."

I slightly smirked. "You're not funny, but im going."

"20 minutes Li-Li, be on time please."

******

"Thank you so much for choosing Serenity Boutique, I'll personally make sure your order gets to you right away, sorry for the inconvinence ma'am."

I hung up the phone, taking a deep breath, re-focusing my eyes on my laptop infront of me.

"Hey Boss Lady,"

I looked up at my doorway, to see mama standing their. "Your still the boss here..technically."

I leaned back in my seat, as she smirked. "This is true."

"Look, I know your hard at work in here, so I won't keep bothering you, but do you have a copy of the Bluprint around here? It's not on the wall  in the storage room like it used to be."

I took another deep breath as I nodded my head. "Yeah....um....its somewhere in one of these binders back here.....I'll bring it out to you once I find it."

"Okay......are you alright?" I looked up at mama once I heard the concern in her voice.

I pushed my somewhat frizzy hair behind my ears, nodding my head. "Yeah..Im fine......why?"

"Well," She started, leaning up agaisnt the doorframe. "

"I only heard the last bit of whoever you were talking to on the phone, but im assuming from what I heard, it was a customer, and a unhappy one at that.....is something going on with online ordering?"

I sighed, shaking my head. "No mama, nothing going on with the website....Im just behind on a few orders, that's all."

"Oh."

"Well you need to get someone to help you out with them if their becoming too much for you. I'm sure Marissa wouldn't mind taking on half of that responsibility if you asked her, you don't have to take on everything Li-Li, I know you're the manager, and you want to do it all, but being the boss also means knowing how to delegate things to your staff so nothing gets forgotten about or left behind."

"I know mama," I groaned.

"Marissa already does a lot for me to begin with, when I find someone I can trust to take care of the things I need to take care of, then I'll do that."

I opened up one of my drawers, pulling out a huge binder. "Here, here's the blueprint you need."

I sat it on the edge of my desk, putting my focus on my laptop again.

"Something's going on with you.....but i'll let it go for now."

She took the paper off the edge of the desk, leaving my office, making sure she closed the door behind herself.

I took a sigh of relief, closing my laptop. I was so behind in work, since this was the first time I stepped foot in the office since sometime last week.

Marissa had been taking on basically everything I did on a daily basis for a whole week, on top of her own work as assistant manager.

The last thing I needed to do was ask her to take on something else that was my responsibility, especially when I barely gave her a reason as to why I missed work.

I closed my eyes for a second, trying to clear my mind, when my phone rang beside me.

I softly sighed, glancing over to see Giselle calling me. I sat up in my seat, answering the phone.

ME: "Hello?"

GISELLE: "Oh you actually answered, I was bouta report your ass missing."

I sighed.

ME: "Im here, Im alive."

GISELLE: "Well I can see that, where the hell have you been? How was your homegirl's birthday party?"

Butterflies automatically filled my stomach when she said that.

ME: "It was fun....nothing special."

GISELLE: "Mmmm ok, well are you coming to the game this weekend? Don't make me have to sit with all those boujie hoes in the skybox alone."

I chuckled a little.

ME: "Yeah, Ronnie will be back home in two days, just in time for the game."

GISELLE: "Thank god, I bout died at  the last game without you girl....you know,just  because your man ain't playin, don't mean you can't come to the damn game, now I see what you really come for."

I laughed, rolling my eyes.

ME: "Shutup, I had some stuff going on, that's why I didn't make it, but i'll see you this weekend for sure."

GISELLE: "Mhmm, what kind of stuff? Wedding stuff? Because I didn't get my tag along invite."

Butterflies filled my stomach again when I heard her say the word wedding.

ME: "No, it wasn't wedding related.....my moms in town, so I was busy with that,"

I lied.

GISELLE: "Aw mommy's in town, is she coming to the game this weekend?"

ME: "Probably not, she came down here on business for the store...I don't really know how long she's staying, but my niece's birthday is in a few weeks, so she'll  be back...and yes you'll get to meet her."

GISELLE: "You know me too well, I have to meet the orginator of these bomb ass retail stores, and also the woman who's responsible for alot of the looks that were served on the red carpet a few years back."

I chuckled.

ME: "Yeah well, I'll make sure you get to see when she's back in ATL, but look, im swamped at work, so I gotta get back on duty, but I'll see you this weekend, and don't worry about carpooling, I'll meet you in the skybox."

GISELLE: "Alright, and uh, I know your busy and all, but don't forget aout your wedding plans girl, you know I wanna be there for everything.....especially the cake tasting."

I swalloed hard, feeling knots in my stomach.

ME: "Yeah...I got you.....I'll talk to you later, ok?"

GISELLE: "Alright, bye."

I hung up the phone, taking a deep breath, hoping that would calm down my queasy stomach. hearing anything about the wedding, or Ronnie had me feeling sick, and I knew once he came home it was going to get worse.

"Knock, knock." I looked up at the door to see Marissa stepping inside my office, holding a folder.

"You're alive," She said, placing her hand on her hip.

"Good to know," She started again. "I called you like twice yesterday...I wanted to know if you wanted me to bring Sky over for a little bit, seeing as how she hasn't seen her Aunt in like almost a month."

I sighed.

"I'm sorry Riss....I just have alot going on..I'll come by and see Sky...or if you and AJ need a break I can babysit for you guys....just  not this weekend because their's a game."

She slightly rolled her eyes, sitting the folder on my desk. "Thanks, but not thanks, let's hope you don't have to much going on for her your niece's birthday in 3 weeks."

I paused for a second, completely forgetting about Sky's birthday.

"..Of course I wouldn't forget about my booger's birthday, are we doing it at your place?"

She rolled her eyes again. "No, Ronnie's letting AJ and I use the backyard at you guys' place, or did you forget aout that too?" She folded her arms across her chest, waiting for me to answer.

"...Oh...actually I didnt know.....he didn't tell me."

"Right, look your mom's out there, I think she needs your help with something, she said something's up with you, so she asked me to come in here to get you...besides, I had to give you the year to date sales."

"Thanks." I said lowly.

"....Look, I really appreciate you holding things down for me for the past week, I really owe you."

"Uh huh, I have to get back to work, your mom needs you."

I slowly rose out of my seat, following her out to the front of the shop.

"Oh Li-Li, I just need you for one second." I softly sighed, walking over to mama and her friend.

"Li-Li this is Angel, and Angel this is my daughter Aliyah."

"Hi....nice to meet you." I forced a smile on my face as I shook his hand.

"Likewise, I was just showing your mother some swatches I brought with me today, and we need a third opinion, can you take a quick look for us?"

I softly sighed, placing my hand on my quick. "What are the swatches?"

"For flooring, we we're thinking about wood to replace the tile, what do you think?"

He opened up his book, so I could see exactly he was talking about. "We we're thinking aout going for a oak wood, something more modern, or if your interested in keeping the tile, I have a few swatches here with me."

I sighed again, not really interested in any of this. "I don't know, I think the flooring iks fine, if you're set on changing it, then I say we keep the tile and just upgrade it, Im not really into the wood flooring, honestly."

Mama sucke her teeth. "I knew you were gunna say that, Marissa, Marissa baby, can I borrow you for a second?"

I dropped my hand in the inside of my hoodie, shaking my head. "Mama, I really have to get back to work."

"This will only take two seconds, I promise. Marissa, we need another opinion about the new flooring, Angel and I think oak wood would be better, and Li-Li here thinks we should stick with Tile and just do an upgrade on it, what do you think baby?"

She took the book out of Angel's hand and handed it over to Marissa so she could see. "Honestly, Im with Li, The Tile would be better."

Mama sighed. "So it's a tie, okay, thank you ladies." She took the book out of Marissa's hands, handing it back over to Angel. Oh, and before you two head off, I wanted to ask both of you something."

I shifted my weight to my right leg, waiting for her to speak. "I know Aliyah's probably to prideful to ask, but I can tell she's been stressed out lately, and Im assuming that it has something to do with the work load at the shop.....I know you do and amazing job as assistant manager Marissa, but I walked in a little earlier on Li-Li, and she's behind on the online orders,"

I could see the automatic frown that formed on Marissa's faced through my peripheral vision when mama said that.

"Could you possibly give her a little help, because she's too prideful to come to you and ask for it, and maybe start handiling half of that responsibility as well?"

I sighed. "I don't need help mama Im-"

"Hush." She said, cutting me off. "I know you want to do it all, but your not superwoman, and you don't have to be, you hired Marissa because not only is she your best friend, she's a great business partner, and you can trust and depend on her, and if you need her help, im sure she'll help you, right Marissa?"

"...Of course." She said, clenching her jaw. "I don't know why she would be afraid to ask me that, seeing as how I've been running this place for the last week by myself."

I sighed, hating the fact that she went there.

"You haven't been to work in a week?" Mama asked, raisng a brow.

I opened my mouth to speak, but the sound of the store phone ringing, liteally saved me.

"....I'll get it." I turned around as quick as I could, walking away from the both of them.

Marcus P.O.V.

"Look, ion know why you draggin me out here, I got practice in a hour, and you got me doin all this female shit with you, I know you have other friends you  can do this with."

I unbuckled my seatbelt, stepping out of Jessica's car.

"I do, but my other friends have regular jobs, so you're my shopping partner by default."

I sighed, running a hand down my face. "Ight, just make it quick, after practice I got shit to do, what you even need a new outfit for? Last time I checked you was single, and never had anywhere to go, so Im a little confused."

She sucked her teeth as I pulled open the door for her, letting her walk in first. "You always got jokes, I have somewhere important to go  and that calls for a new dress."

I sighed. "Ight whatever, let's just get in and get out."

Once I  was fully inside, I took a quick glimpse around the shop and automatically froze.

"What's wrong?" I watched Jess remove her shades and drop them in her purse.

"Uh....nothing....nothing, I'm good."

She frowned for a second, shaking her head. "Okay, help me start looking please."

I dropped my hands in my pocket, following behind Jess, as I glimpsed around the store, looking for the one person I knew I would have to see and face sooner or later, but I didn't think it would be today.

"What do you think about this one?" My eyes continued to pan around the shop, until they stopped at the check out desk, right on Aliyah.

"Helllooooo?'

I slightly jumped, turning my attention back to Jess. "Huh? Oh sorry my bad, what'd you say?"

She frowned again. "What the hell is wrong with you??" I shook my head. "Nothing, nothing, im cool...im cool."

She looked me up and down, slightly frowning. "....What do you think about this dress?"

"Uh....yeah, I like it." She looked it up and down, nodding her head in agreement. "Yeah, so do I...Im gunna try it on, bring me these two please."

She pulled two more dresses off the rack, tossing them in my arms.

I followed her down the aisle of dresses as she grabbed three more dresses off the rack and placed them in  my arms.

I could feel my heart beats increase as we made our way further into the store, I followed Jess around the corner to where the dressing rooms were.

"I'm sorry sir, but men aren't allowed in the ladies dressing area, your allowed to wait right here though."

"I'll just come out and show you each one," Jess said as she took the rest of the dresses out of my hand.

"I'll be back." I nodded, watching her disappear around the corner.

I dropped my hands in my pocket, leaning up agaisnt the wall. I should have been paying more attention to where she was driving when we were in the car. "Shit." I mumbled to myself.

"Just take yo ass to the car and wait for her." I said to myself. I hesistated for a second, before pulling out my phone, deciding to text Jess.

I scrolled through my messages, stopping on Jess' name, when I heard a familar voice infront of me.

"So I was thinking to keep everyone happy here, we can upgrade the tile on the main floor, and do the oak wood in the dressing area, how does that sound?"

"Perfect Simone, I think that would be a great idea."

I looked up from my screen, automatically freezing up.

"Great, let's run it by Aliyah, and get her opinion on that."

I stayed close as I could to the wall, as Mrs.Alsina and some guy began to walk past me.

"Excuse me." She said, making sure she didn't bump me.

She looked up at me and quickly smiled, before looking back down at whatever book she was holding.

My heart started to beat faster once she stopped and turned back around and faced me.

".....I'm sorry, excuse me, you just look really familar."

I slightly nodded my head, scratching the back of my neck. ".....Yeah....um...it's me....Marcus....I don't know if you actually remember me...but it's good to see you...Mrs.Alsina."

Her face immediately softned, as a smile spread across her lips. "Oh my god boy look at you!" She tucked her book under her arm, holding out her free one for a hug.

"Look how big you are!" I slightly chuckled, giving her a quick hug.

"How have you been? I didn't know you were coming out here, did you move here after school?"

I smiled a little. "I've been good, and I actually moved her for school, I graduated from Clark like two and a half  months ago."

"Congratulations baby." She said with a big smile.

"Im glad to see you doing well, how's your mom and your sister?"

"They're good, Bria's starting middle school soon, and my mom's been good."

She nodded. "Wow, time just flies by, but im glad everyone is doing good, but what are you doing in here?? Is there something I need to know?" She looked me up an down, causing me to laugh.

"Nah, nothing like that, Im here with a friend...she's in the dressing room."

"Oh, ok, well Im here on some business for a few days, it's crazy that I would run into you here....you know what, come with me, Aliyah would not believe that you were here."

I nervously chuckled, shaking my head. "Oh nah, nah that's okay ima just wa-"

"Boy come here, stop acting all shy," She started.  "Y'all are both adults now, is your friend going to have a issue with you saying hi?"

I frowned a little. "She's really just my friend, so nah, but I don't think its a good ide-"

"It's fine, come on."  She grabbed my arm, pulling out to the front of the shop.

At this point my heart was beating  out of my chest. "Li-Li,  look who I found hanging out in the dressing rooms."

She pulled me infront of her, still smiling at me.

She looked up from whatever she was doing and I could tell she was shook when she saw my face.

"It's Marcus." Mrs.Alsina said with a big smile. "What are the odds that he would be here, im actually surprised you two haven't bumped into each other yet, look at how big he is!"

Aliyah opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out.

".....Uh.....yeah..we've seen each other."

"Oh." She said lowly. "I didn't know, well okay...it was really good to see you, im glad than I ran into you baby."

I nodded. "You too."

"Li, I need to borrow you when you have a second." She sighed, nodding her head. "I'll be right there."

She walked away from us, leaving the two of us at the check out desk alone.

"...Hey." I said, finally speaking up.

"Hey.."

I scratched the back of my neck again, feeling more than awkward about this.

"...I know you're probably busy....but do you have a minute to talk? It'll be real quick."

She hesistated for a second before, nodding her head yes. "Yeah...uh....we can talk in my office."

She stepped from behind the counter, probably feeling as awkward as I did in this moment.

Aliyah P.O.V.

I motioned for him to step inside my office, before closing the door behind myself. I took a deep breath, immediately feeling the butterflies fill my stomach.

"So," He started.

I walked over to the edge of my desk, leaning up agaisnt it. "So."

".....I woulda called you, but I didn't know where your head was....or if you woulda picked up.....shit.. ion even know if you have the same number or not, but I most definetely did want to reach out."

I slightly nodded. "Yeah...I appreciate it.....obviously I knew we were gunna see each other again, obviously not this soon, but I figured we would try to put the situation behind us."

"Nah, for sure." He started again. "All I really wanted to do was clear the air between us. We both had a few drinks, and shit got crazy....like real crazy."

I nodded. "Yeah...it did."

"....We just got cool....I just got back on good terms with my girl, and I ain't tryna ruin none of that."

"....I don't need this getting back to Kelia.....I've been fuckin up alot, and what happened with us is beyond a fuck up, and im not tryna jeoparize my family over it."

I nodded my  head in agreement. "No...I get it, I understand completely."

"....You don't have to worry about anything getting back to her because my lips are sealed....besides, I don't want to cause anymore problems between you and her....... and I definetely don't need this getting back to Ronnie either."

"For sure." He said again, nodding his head.

"We both have way too much too lose.....I think it's best that you and I just keep our distance...I really need to focus on my family and gettin in the game, and I know you have your own personal things you need to focus on....I know we agreed to be cool and be friends, but I think since a major line was crossed.....that you and I just need to be associates, like when we see each other at games and functions we speak, but nothing beyond that, no extra conversation."

I nodded. "I completely agree."

"Cool.....so uh.....I'll see you Saturday."

"Yeah.....see you then."

He gave me one last head nod before slowly turning around, making his way out of my office.

Once he was gone, I took a deep breath, dropping my head into my chest.

Marcus P.O.V.

I closed the door behind myself, feeling slightly relieved that we got that conversation out of the way.

"There you are,"

I looked up to see Jess, stepping away from the check out counter, holding two bags.

"I was looking for you, i thought you called a Uber and dipped one me."

"Oh nah, nah....I was just  uh.....talking to someone."

She examined my face, slightly frowning. "Talking to who? And why do you look like you've just seen a ghost?" She shifted her bags to one arm, as she pulled her keys out of her purse.

"A friend, and I'm good, you done??"

"Yeah, since you weren't waiting for me at the dressing room entrance like I thought you were, I chose two dresses on my own....and hold on, why were you coming out of that door?? Isn't that like someone's  office or something?"

I sighed, pushing open the door for her. "Why you gotta ask so many questions?"

"Because," She started.

"You've been acting hella suspect from the moment we stepped inside of that place...who were you talking too?"

Shit the hit the locks on her keyring,  piling her bags in her backseat before climbing inside the car.

I slid into the passenger seat, shaking my head. "I said I was talking to a friend."

"What friend?" She asked with a smirk. "A friend you don't know."

"I know all your friends, and there all guys, and none of them would be up in that woman's clothing store.....oh god don't tell me you were tryna hit on somebody? Cause I don't want to be apart of that mess, especially not with Kelia involved."

I sucked my teeth. "I wasn't tryna hit on nobody, I had to holla at somebody real quick, that's all."

"Well who??! She said in half a laugh. "Why are you being are secretive all of a sudden? You're really starting to creep me out."

I sighed, buckiling my seatbelt. "Ight....my friend, she owns this place, and her mama is the owner."

"What?!" She started up the car, looking over at me. "You know I shop here all the time, and your just now telling me this?? I coulda been getting all the discounts, what kind of best friend are you?"

I shook my head. "Nah, I doubt it, it's a little more complicated than that."

"How sway?" She folded her arms across her chest, waiting for me to answer.

"My friend that's the manager.....we just kinda got cool...we weren't always friends, and we uh...we dated back in high school."

She tilted her head to the side, smirking. "Wait, is she the one that you thought coulda been pregnant by you, or is she the dream girl?"

I chuckled, hating the nickname she had given Aliyah when I first told her about our relationship years ago.

"Nah, I never dated that chick, she's the dream girl."

Her smirk turned into a full smile. "Oh my god, she's the girl you dated before Kelia, your first?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Oh my god! When did y'all get back cool? Tell me this happened when you and I weren't talking, because i'll never forgive you for not telling me this."

"Yes and no, like I said it's complicated."

"You're friends, how is that complicated?"

I was silent.

"Marcus?" She asked, staring at me. "What are you not saying?"

I sat there silent, contemplating if I should tell her or not.

"You know you're gunna tell me sooner or later, so you might as well spill it out."

"......We  had sex."

She nodded. "Yeah, she's your ex, I figured as much, didn't you say you took her virginity or something?"

I sighed. "Nah....I mean like....recently."

Her eyes grew wide. "Recently? Like how recent???"

"...A week ago today." Her eyes grew even wider. "What???? You cheated on Kelia???!!"

"Shhhh, well tell the whole goddamn world." I rolled up the windows, shaking my head.

"My bad, but are you forreal?? How the hell did that even happen?"

"We were at a party, we had a few drinks, I offered to drive her home.....and it just happened."

She shook her head, sitting back in her seat. "This is crazy....I can't believe it."

"Don't tell me your judging me," She shook her head. "No, I mean, I don't care for Kelia, but what you did was still fucked up, I mean like.....she's carrying your kid....but your my friend, and Im always on your side at the end of the day."

I sighed. "Thanks."

"Wow man," She mumbled.

"I got another confession to make."

She looked over at me cautiously. "Oh god....is she pregnant?? Is that what y'all were talking about??"

"No, no......she's' actually engaged to-"

"She's engaged??!!! Your definetly going to hell, what were you thinking??!" I frowned.

"What happened to you not judging me?"

"Well nigga now I am, what the hell??"

I sighed again. "Can you just let me finish please?"

"Yeah you might as well," She motioned for me to continue.

I took a deep breath, preparing myself for the words that were about to come out of my mouth. "..She's actually engaged to one of the players on the team."

At this point she was completely silent, shaking her head. "Marcus...what.the.hell."

"Who is she enganged too?"

"....Ronnie Johnston."

She threw her hands up, onbviously in shock. "Are you serious?? He's like one of the star players on the team, what the hell are you thinking???"

"I wasn't," I started. "I had a few drinks that night and I was caught in the moment, we both were."

"You're playing a dangerous game,"

"Not only are you gambiling with your family, but your gambiling with your new career, please tell me that was a one time thing."

I quickly nodded. "Hell yeah, we both agreed to keep our distance, it's for the best on both of our parts."

"Good," She started. "Because that's not something you need to be involved in, you got your nut and so did she, now y'all both need to lay it to rest and act as if it never happened."

"I plan on it,"

"Good." She started again. "Because if Kelia finds out about this.....her crazy ass will kill you, and you know she will."

She sat up in her seat, pulling off from the curb. I turned my head and looked out the window, hoping I could move on from all of this.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What are your thoughts about this chapter? Any predicitons?

I wanna hear you guys' feedback.

And just in case if anyone is confused with the timeline, it's been one week since the chapter where Aliyah and Marcus slept together, and it's been a month since AJ and Whitney slept together, even though it was like a chapter ago.

Aliyah in the Multimedia

Vote/Comment!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 4.4K 39
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
491K 7.5K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.2M 54.5K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
72.2K 2.5K 48
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...