Liquorice Honey (A Draco Malf...

By Clefabled

(Y/N) Silverlie is a Pureblooded witch with a strange emotional connection to her pet Kneazle, Amorita. She h... More

Author's Note #1!
1: A Girl and her Kneazle
2: Wands and Wazzocks
3: Leptotythops Carlae
4: Bright Eyed and Fluffy Feathered
5: Silver Barred Cages
6: Willow and Wisp
7: A Silent Banquet
8: Spoilt and Pretty
9: A Chance of Bliss
Author's Note #2!
10: Hospital Pillow Daze
11: Gingerbread in December
12: Mars' Moon and the Pansy-Wolf
13: Party of One
14: Lonely Home Library
15: The Quidditch World Cup
16: A Girl I Could Know
17: Flames and Fury
18: Dear Miss Silverlie
19: Hello, I Love You
20: My Favourite Gift
21: Sleep Reading
22: Trial of Champions
Author's Note #3!
23: Red Leaves Fall
24: Ruffled Feathers
25: Sweet Tea and Curses
26: Professor Potter
27: Swish and Flick
28: Inky Expressions
29: Perfect Nightmares
30: Rosewood Wand
32: Secrets and Lies
33: Sudden Learning Curves
34: Starlight Daydreamer
35: Christmas Memoir
36: The Astronomy Tower
37: Acting Awful Tough
38: Of Angels and Death Eaters
39: A Soft Place To Land
40: Engulfed in Flame
41: Only You
42: Isabel's Friendship Club
43: Saying Goodbye
44: You Got Me Helpless!
45: Forever Entwined
46: Ticket to Ride (๐Ÿ‹)
47: The Negative
48: Unexpected Additions
49: Naming and Shaming
50: A Joy-Bringing Pain
51: The Stars' Debut
Author's Note...#4?

31: A Mother's Love

40 1 0
By Clefabled

(A/N: I was listening to Trixie Mattel's album 'Two Birds' while editing this and oops I'm crying for completely un-story related reasons now

GOD 'I Know You All Over Again' is beautiful--)

It was about two weeks into the holiday now, and (Y/N) had spent those weeks with a cousin up in Ireland; but when she got home, something was off.

Never had (Y/N) found her house empty without a reason.

Never before had she found Wisp in such a state.

But then again, that ghastly scroll, bearing that awful mark, had never been hanging in her house before that day, either.

''(Y/N)! My (Y/N), I mean—Silverlie!'' exclaimed Wisp, wincing as if just speaking was causing her pain.

''Where's father, Wisp?'' (Y/N) asked, worry in her eyes. 

Wisp began to cry.

''Gone, miss. Your mother made him run. Miss Deimos says she has him safe, but I don't trust her...she's a we-we-were—''

''Isabel is my best friend, Wisp, you must trust her. Now, what was that you said about mother?''

Wisp shuddered, crying her little eyes out, ''She just left. You shouldn't be here, let me—'

''No, Wisp. You're my friend, and I refuse to leave you. Was she here with anyone? Or was she alone?''

Wisp shook her head, ''She was alone this time, but she...she likes to bring Mrs Lestrange here. Sometimes Mrs Malfoy as well...''

That first name solidified (Y/N)'s terrifying growing idea; she'd been wondering subconsciously about whether her mother had escaped Azkaban in the huge breakout a few months ago, but she never for one moment thought she was correct...

''It was me who was writing to Hogwarts to say you had to stay for all of the holidays, and I wrote to your cousin saying you'd love to stay, Miss, your mother w-wanted you home...'' 

Wisp admitted, tears soaking her face, ''I managed to sneak out a few times to see Dobby, he told me you were a part of Harry Potter's club, and I was so proud of you! But...um...'' she gestured to the scroll with her bruised hand that was covered in dried blood, ''your mother wants...''

''Wisp, we're leaving, right now.'' (Y/N) exclaimed, running upstairs to get some things.

''No, (Y/N), it's too late, she'll be back—'' (Y/N) completely froze as she heard the door open, and as she turned her head, she saw exactly the person she feared.

Her mother.

''Oh, hello, (Y/N) darling! Long-time no see, eh?'' 

Her sweet tone was painful to listen to. 

''I suppose it has been, mother.'' (Y/N) spat back.

''Come, come, let us catch up on things.'' She gestured with her arm, and her long, ruffled sleeve fell to reveal the soft flesh of her arm.

And there, just as (Y/N) had feared, was the Dark Mark.

''How long,'' (Y/N) breathed, her tone extremely foreboding, even scary, ''Have you had that?''

Her mother smiled proudly, ''Why, ever since last time of course,'' he smile turned to a smirk, ''But only Miss Hornsby-Umbridge ever got to see it. And she went and locked me away before I was able to make sure you wanted one too.'' 

(Y/N) stepped back a little, her hand hovering over her bedroom doorknob. 

''Don't run, (Y/N),'' she said, her tone still sickly sweet, ''There's no-one waiting for you beyond this house; because I'm sure Harry Potter won't want to be anywhere near you after this he finds out you're my daughter!''

(Y/N) was confused, and tears were stinging at her eyes. 

''I don't care, I'm not...I'm not going to accept that thing! I wouldn't kill anyone!'' she screamed, her voice ringing in her mother's ears. 

''But don't you want to be with your precious Draco?''

Silence fell.

(Y/N) froze up again.

''He's not. He wouldn't--''

''He will be.''

(Y/N)'s breathing became erratic and she couldn't think straight.

She wouldn't join their side just for him...she couldn't.

She was always proud to support Harry!

''You're thinking it over a bit now, aren't you, my good girl?'' said her mother, smiling as if this was about a birthday party or something. 

''I—'' 

She couldn't deny it; she was thinking about it.

''No! I won't, I can't, I...I won't!''

(Y/N)'s mother stepped closer, her shoes clicking against the wooden stairs; Wisp was shaking uncontrollably as she held onto (Y/N)'s waist for dear life.

Finally, (Y/N) fully opened her bedroom door and ran up against the window, planning to jump...''I suppose you're happy with Pansy Malfoy becoming a household name?''

(Y/N) just knew her mother was smirking behind her; (Y/N) removed her foot from the window.

Luna's words suddenly came to mind.

''Everything...everything you lose comes back eventually!''

She turned to glare at her mother, ''You can be a Death Eater for all I care! So can Draco! But unlike you, he actually loves me...''

She put her foot back on the window frame, 

''So it's undeniable that he'll find me again!''

And then she leapt.

Wisp and Amorita swiftly followed, and landed painfully on the roof of the outside deck.

They leapt from that too, and then, they all ran.

Ran from the woman that was about to start following them.

Ran from the woman (Y/N) had once called her mother.

~

After hours and hours of frantic running, the trio made it to a rather large area where they were, at least for the moment, safe. 

''Where,'' Wisp mumbled, her breath ragged, ''do we go now?''

(Y/N)'s heart stopped; she hadn't thought that far. 

''I, uh, don't know...'' she said honestly.

Wisp racked her brains, pacing back and forth, and she started naming people they could try and run to.

''Mr Weasley's house seemed rather safe—''

''Harry will be there; and I'm not risking him.''

''Miss Mikhailov's family—''

''All Death Eaters. That's why they killed her and her parents.''

She named a few other random people, none of them being hits, and so they sat in silence, hungry and rather cold, for hours. 

Amorita was purring sadly, and (Y/N) could do little more than pet her in hopes it would calm her down at least a little. 

Hours soon turned into two days.

They'd walked a little further, and found nothing more than a shack to squat in; so at least they had a little warmth now. 

It appeared to be an abandoned Owlery, as one very persistent owl kept on turning up with a letter that was addressed to a 'Lunette Rainspell'.

After about four attempts, (Y/N) opened the letter just to please the owl; the letter inside saved her. 

''Hey, chica,

It's the jumper thief.

I want you to destroy this letter as soon as you get it, but enclosed is Floo Powder; I'm fairly certain you're in Ancilla Owlery right now and, if my memory serves me correctly, there's a fireplace in there?Just stand there and yell ''Twenty-Seven Agate Avenue, Pinkstone Square'', okay?

Somewhere has already dealt with your things at home; we saved as much as we could.'' 

Without missing a beat, (Y/N) dragged Wisp and Amorita into the fireplace and yelled clearly what the letter had instructed.

After a few moments of feeling like she was being pulled by her belly button, (Y/N) appeared safely in the fireplace of a small, but well-kept little house.

Pile of (Y/N)'s things lay piled in what she expected was the living room, but she was more focused on the loud footsteps coming from the stairs.

She instinctively drew her wand, but dropped it as soon as she saw the tearful man on the stairs.

''Father!''

''My dear (Y/N), thank the stars you're safe, I thought she would have killed you—''

He paused as (Y/N) pulled up his sleeves, obviously checking for the mark which she didn't find. ''I'm clean, (Y/N), don't worry,'' he said, laughing forcedly, ''we're safe here. All thanks to...three witches in purple...''

(Y/N)'s face lit up; Isabel was spotted in a purple robe at the World Cup almost two years ago, and the chances of the other two being Opal and Trixie were extremely high.

''What were they called? Isabel, Oval and...Tracy something?'' 

(Y/N) laughed, beginning to cry a little; ''Isabel Deimos, Opal Hornsby-Umbridge and Trixie Irunyavi.''

Her father nodded, ''one of them even set off teeny indoor fireworks to cheer me up...''

If that wasn't Opal, then (Y/N)'s name wasn't (Y/N); she'd loved those things. 

''Anyway, bring your things upstairs, we're going to be here for...well, for forever,'' he sighed, ''your mother has really gone all out now. That stupid Bellatrix woman refused to leave more than once, so I left instead. They can run off and get married now, eh?''

(Y/N) smiled a little, and then asked, ''I'm, uh, kind of tired. And hungry. And cold...is there anything to eat?''

Her father smiled gently back, stopping Wisp as she tried to enter the kitchen to make something. 

''No, you're all hungry. Let me, Wisp, dear.''

(Y/N) practically melted into the sofa as she sat waiting for her food.

She had a feeling that she hadn't yet avoided the storm she thought she was running from, though.

That storm was still yet to hit her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

278K 7K 47
16-year old (Y/n) (L/n) comes from pureblood family. She is a very skillfull young witch, who was accepted to Hogwarts as a transformation student fo...
32.5K 970 39
A story about Krystal Eleanor ; muggle born Ravenclaw and Draco Malfoy ; pure blood Slytherin... Krystal Eleanor, being picked on by Draco Malfoy mad...
19.3K 544 44
May 23. 2021 - June 14. 2021 ~ I don't want any trouble just want to write, so if any mistakes are made or if certain credits aren't given that I may...
479K 9.7K 25
This story is about a girl who is in love with Draco Malfoy ever since first year. He doesn't know how she feels about him. Draco and her are really...