28: Inky Expressions

(Y/N) was up early today; she was writing a little report on the creatures she discussed often with Luna, and planned to send the drafts off to her father so he could review them. 

''I think 'sparkling little creatures' sounds a little too whimsical...yes, I should change that line...'' she mumbled to herself as she crossed out and rewrote more than a few things.

Seconds later, she spilt ink all over her hand in surprise as the door flew open, revealing a rather excitable group, all showing off silvery badges pinned to their chests as if they were their first-born children.

''Oh, bloody hell...Tergeo!''

The ink was removed from her hand in an instant, but the annoying noise wasn't, much to her displeasure.

 She managed to catch Draco's eye from amongst the group, and he immediately sat down next to her, looking uncharacteristically overjoyed.

''I got in, (Y/N)!'' he exclaimed, ''Into the Inquisitorial Squad!''

''How nice,'' replied (Y/N), still rather distracted by her report and not even half listening, ''Butterbeer corks are known to keep away Nargles...'' 

Draco sighed, and pulled (Y/N) closer to him and as a way of making sure she was focused on him and not  her writing. 

''Did you even hear me? I'm in!'' he exclaimed again, that childish excitement still there.

''How very. I suppose you're going to put me in detention for being in the Pro-Potter squad, huh?'' said (Y/N), trying to hide her distaste for Draco's decision behind sarcasm.

''No, I'm not, and I've personally made sure that Crabbe, Goyle and Pansy won't either,'' Draco shot them a poisonous look, ''Haven't I?''

The three nodded quickly, and it was rather obvious that they'd had it beaten into their heads as they all looked rather shaken up by his statement.

''She was upset that we couldn't get you to join too,'' spat Pansy, ''She thinks you're, like, perfect. Even though you're obviously not.''

(Y/N) sighed, ''I'm a Pureblooded witch in Slytherin, Pansy. I'm sure she'd have the same reaction if you didn't turn up; we're one in the same to a prude like her.''

''Are trying to insult me, furball?'' said Pansy, stepping closer to (Y/N), obviously ready to argue.

''Just piss off, Pansy. I'm just...a bit busy.''

She did as she was told, surprisingly, and stormed off to her room. 

Crabbe and Goyle hung about to talk to Draco, so (Y/N) took the opportunity to go back to her report.

'Fairy Nargles have been spotted in a Pensioner's wig (source: the Daily Prophet), and yet we cannot seem to believe that...' she wrote, and then sighed deeply, shuffling her paper around until she found her O.W.L revision instead. 

Hermione's notes were really conclusive and very useful, so she was hoping they could be the key to getting through her exams.

''You never stop, do you, (Y/N)?'' asked Draco.

''I suppose I don't,'' (Y/N) replied, yawning a little, ''But as much as I complain, I do enjoy having to work hard. Maybe that's why I got so stuck on you.'' 

She smirked a little, and pretended to ignore Draco's embarrassed silence. 

''But I am going to crash if I do this much longer. I think Luna said she was free...'' (Y/N) mused quietly, mostly to herself.